00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TopChop12GD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Counter-Strike: Source Beta

9,752 Views | 120 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-11 21:24:35

source

source

So apparently Valve launched a closed "beta" version of a new revamped CS:S. Having played the game for quite a while I can't say I'm too excited about this. Changing anything major in this game will really cause stir in the CSS community. Of course, I can't be sure if all of this is true, but it was posted on the steam game page for CS:S (those of you who own the game). Still, I'd be much more settled if this was announced on April Fool's day or something.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 06:21:40

+1 to Valve for "TF2'izing" all of their games!

No really, TF2 is amazing.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 07:54:03

New playable team: counter-counter-terroris lol

I KNEW i heard about they was doing a new CSS but when ever i tried to look on the internet i heard nothing and after time just thought it was a hoax or something so this is welcoming news and i cant wait to hear more being a big CSS fan for many many years, hardly play it now but still...

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 09:53:13

At 5/12/10 06:21 AM, ironraven24 wrote: +1 to Valve for "TF2'izing" all of their games!

If I want to play TF2, I'll play TF2. I don't want TF2 and CSS to be so fucking similar.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 14:02:59

At 5/12/10 09:53 AM, Oliver wrote:
If I want to play TF2, I'll play TF2. I don't want TF2 and CSS to be so fucking similar.

The only similarities that they have are achievements, kill-cam and dominations/revenges. Aside from that, they are completely different games.

And has anyone here actually played the beta? People are saying that the movement speed has changed but all the servers I've played on are too laggy to actually tell. Anyone have some input on this?

And that's perception.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 14:16:23

At 5/12/10 11:52 AM, MrPercie wrote:

Counter Strike is one of the most skill full games on earth for ALL the above reasons you have posted.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 14:37:51

At 5/12/10 11:52 AM, MrPercie wrote: If your gunna get shot at least dont make the player move slower because then how the hell are you supposed to get out of of gun fights.

Well, I'm pretty sure you'd move slower after getting shot. I like that system anyways, makings killing things easier.

Wow the Fiveseven, in reality it only takes one shot to kill somone, the fiveseven, 10 shots to kill somone and not to mention most guns are fully automatic.

Aim for the head, its a 1 shot kill. Even then, I think it only takes like 4-6 shots to kill someone if you hit them anywhere.

And weapon accuracy is just BALLS! I know guns dont fire pinpoint shots in a direct order but you fire in fully automatic mode or even three shot burst while crouching and you might aswell not play because your bullet spray is all over the place so you hit nothing.

Accuracy is fine. I can get headshots easily, you must just be bad at the game.

The only place where I like Cod4 better to counter strike because at least the bullets hit the damn guys and not everywhere else.

pfffffffffffffffft.

Respawn system and new maps should be made because I hate having to play CS and DE all the time. Cant we Have a TD (team deathmatch) with large maps and set weapon laod outs so games would be quicker.

Servers choose how respawn works. Also people can make their own maps, so I don't know you can only play 2 maps. There are alsoservers that pick weapon loadouts for you, or let you choose the loadout, and respawn with same weapons.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 16:52:03

At 5/12/10 09:53 AM, Oliver wrote:
At 5/12/10 06:21 AM, ironraven24 wrote: +1 to Valve for "TF2'izing" all of their games!

Agreed, though, remember, it's a beta. I hope they change the sounds, I really do.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 17:18:15

So far, I've only heard negative things about this new "beta version". Hopefully Valve will listen to the demands of the community and fix what's wrong.

The biggest issue is that sv_acceleration has been set to 10 by default. It normally should be set to 5. Basically, strafing is much more faster than running forwards.

The beta adds useless stuff to please pubbers, like achievements, and such. There's also a killcam, which is pretty stupid too imo..

The community asked for valve to fix many registration/interp bugs that exist on source (yet are fixed on 1.6), not to fuck up the game that we've been playing for years.

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 17:31:45

Damn desktop icons made me look too late :,(

I'm really excited, hopefully they will add new weapons, skins, maybe new official maps! Anyway,if anyone is actually PLAYING the beta please lend your feedback here as soon as possible.

Ignore my picture and contribute to the NG wiki!

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 18:32:29

At 5/12/10 05:31 PM, COMboy112 wrote: Damn desktop icons made me look too late :,(

I'm really excited, hopefully they will add new weapons, skins, maybe new official maps! Anyway,if anyone is actually PLAYING the beta please lend your feedback here as soon as possible.

I played the beta, and I have to say that it is AMAZING. This new beta has many new maps such as one called "Final Destination" where you're in space. They only mode I played on this new map is called "Capture the Hit" Where everyone has to find and kill one person who is "it". The person who is "it" can't move, shoot, or duck, and he's out in the open, so it's very hard to win that round. One of the most notable additions is one called "BitchHunt". By clicking on a button, you may turn in the BITCHUNTER, and then you have inf. hp for the rest of the match, but you can only use it once every match.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 18:39:39

...Counter-Counter-Terrorists?

...Why?!

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 18:41:14

At 5/12/10 06:39 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: ...Counter-Counter-Terrorists?

...Why?!

Because i really hate it how the fucking Counter-Terrorists always fucking want to stop the fucking terrorists from doing their bsznz.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 19:38:49

At 5/12/10 06:39 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: ...Counter-Counter-Terrorists?

...Why?!

There's no new team, dunno how they got a hold of that information.

And that's perception.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-12 20:06:21

Damn, they aren't accepting any more people.

Dreams with the concept of prosperity and happiness are premonitions, only then you can decide next.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 15:11:43

At 5/12/10 08:06 PM, DrRick wrote: Damn, they aren't accepting any more people.

It closed about an hour after it opened.

and I got in.

And that's perception.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 16:28:41

At 5/13/10 03:08 PM, xscoot wrote: All they added in were achievements with memes for names, and other forms of stat tracking. You're all worrying over nothing.

Do you have it?

Because from what I hear there are a lot of bugs and changes that weren't wanted. I.e. strafing speed is too high, sv_accelerate is too high as well. Motion blur, graphics were altered. Have they fixed these issues?

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 17:57:22

At 5/13/10 05:46 PM, MrPercie wrote:
It shouldnt be based on skill though. I use the right weapons at the right time and there is no reason why I should be a killed because somone can aim faster.

I don't understand you. If a game shouldn't be based on skill, what should it be based on? Luck? Are you saying they should die because they have faster reflexes?

At 5/13/10 04:28 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
Do you have it?

Because from what I hear there are a lot of bugs and changes that weren't wanted. I.e. strafing speed is too high, sv_accelerate is too high as well. Motion blur, graphics were altered. Have they fixed these issues?

The strafing speed was too high the first day and it ended up being faster than running straight. It has since been fixed . Graphics were changed a bit, slight texture changed, improved flashlight and bomb effects.

And that's perception.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:20:24

At 5/13/10 06:05 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 5/13/10 05:57 PM, xLegionnaire wrote:
I don't understand you. If a game shouldn't be based on skill, what should it be based on? Luck? Are you saying they should die because they have faster reflexes?
Im guessing you didnt read all of my damn post.

It should be based on tactics. If were on a long range map use a sniper, small map use a SMG. How you procede through the buildings. Sure skill plays its part but it should be based entirely around it.

In real war you dont see Koreans running through buildings jumping and firing deagles and managing to be faster than bullets. I mean in CSS people can move fast enough for them to dodge bullets.

I just played a CSS match and had an enemy behind a wall. I couched to see what was there and got shot through a wall. The fact that they know where your head is through materials you can shoot through isnt good because then you have no cover and would have better chance running straight into there guns pelting them with bullets. I mean in CoD games you can get a vague idea of where people are but because the game moves fast you cant exactly know where there heads would be and the fact that people know in CS isnt good.

They don't KNOW where your head is. They make an estimated guess around the wall.
CS, is like Halo. It's a skilfull game, not as much a tactical one. It's not like Modern Warfare 2 which truly doesn't require skill. You just get pissed on by camping 'tactics'. Ugh. I can't stand games where camping has the advantage.

I like to run into a room and be so good I can take on about 7 or 8 people. Not that I can on CS, (but I can on Vegas). It's the same kind of principle which shows true player skill. If your retarded enough to just aimlessly spray and pray an enemy you really need to revamp your 'strategy'.

Why play a game if it's going to be like real war anyway. There is NO GAME, that is like real war, because people don't pretend there in real war. They run around like mad hatta's with there glocks and whatever and aim to shoot the shit out of each other. Some players and this applies to ANY game, can be so good that they just rape. That's just about it.

And that's not to say you can't apply tactics to CS. You need to realise that every game, is as much about tactics as it is about skill. The skill is what comes from experience playing the game. The tactics is what comes from your rational capacity to come to know what to expect from any other player (consider the possibilities), and being able to intercept those possibilities.

It is because of this that simply hiding from long range with a sniper, or coming at someone close range with an MP5N or submachine gun, choosing weapons to fit the purpose, is NOT giving you a tactical advantage. If you wanted a tactical advantage you would not only choose the right weapon (which is not the sub machine gun, more likely to be an AK or an M4, as abiding to the physics of the game) but you would also apply that weapon to the right circumstances, to the limitations of your personal ability. Your 'tactical gameplay' can never exceed your overall 'skill' in the game. If your shit with the sniper and someone is amazing with the assault rifle. AR man will win because you can't aim for shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:25:48

TLDR. If you either don't know the game mechanics (although claim too), or fail to apply tactics appropriate to the games mechanics (with the false envisionment of appropriate tactics as you have so clearly demonstrated) then you are applying the wrong tactics and are generally a poor player in the game.

It's like talking about cars. You have a picture of a car, you can describe its model. In order to know about the car you need to be able to diagnose the car and it's bits and pieces. And in order to understand the car you need to know how they all fit together. Once you know how they all fit together you can begin to manipulate these principles to fit your needs.

Percy. Your not talking about tactics, you just appear to fail to play the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:29:00

Which overall negates MW2. As a "skill full" game.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:32:26

At 5/13/10 06:29 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Which overall negates MW2. As a "skill full" game.

Actually no and sorry for the Quadra Post.

It moreover overall negates the camper player base as skilful players.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:35:05

At 5/13/10 06:32 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
It moreover overall negates the camper player base as skilful players.

There's bound to be people who exploit the game, camp and do whatever they want regardless of what game it is, it's not like Camping suddenly cropped up after Modern Warfare 2 was released, people have been doing it since Unreal Tournament '99.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:37:12

At 5/13/10 06:35 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Meh, it can't be worse than the 1.5 to Source transition.

I've never played 1.6 or even the original CS. So i'll just take your word for this.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:50:18

I just want youtube vids already.

Ignore my picture and contribute to the NG wiki!

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 18:58:00

At 5/13/10 06:35 PM, Oliver wrote: There's bound to be people who exploit the game, camp and do whatever they want regardless of what game it is, it's not like Camping suddenly cropped up after Modern Warfare 2 was released, people have been doing it since Unreal Tournament '99.

Yeah I know. It's like the social contract of gaming! I'm just using it as an exemplification it since I heard the word skill crop up against tactics which cropped up against camping and then Modern Warfare 2.

And god DAMN I can write alot! It actually makes this feel quite topical now.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 21:08:54

At 5/13/10 06:05 PM, MrPercie wrote:
Im guessing you didnt read all of my damn post.

It should be based on tactics. If were on a long range map use a sniper, small map use a SMG. How you procede through the buildings. Sure skill plays its part but it should be based entirely around it.

Anyone saying that CS doesn't have tactics clearly doesn't know the game. The MP5 is only truely effective when the enemy does not have kevlar/helmet equipped. Used most on the 2nd round following the initial pistol round (if you can afford it). Gamesense+smarts+aim=skill. Skill=playing the game well. That's all there is to it.

In real war you dont see Koreans running through buildings jumping and firing deagles and managing to be faster than bullets. I mean in CSS people can move fast enough for them to dodge bullets.

people in mw2 have a sprint key. I don't get what you mean. Bodge bullets? Maybe you're just missing.

I just played a CSS match and had an enemy behind a wall. I couched to see what was there and got shot through a wall. The fact that they know where your head is through materials you can shoot through isnt good because then you have no cover and would have better chance running straight into there guns pelting them with bullets.

I might be wrong but I think what you're describing is a common bug when playing online (nonexistant when playing on lan). After you crouch the server doesn't quite registrate your crouching motion, so the enemy can still see your head.

There's also the possibility of your shadow showing.

CSS walls are far less spammable than those of 1.6.

Have a better chance running straight at them spraying you say? If that's how you play then you can't get too far.

I mean in CoD games you can get a vague idea of where people are but because the game moves fast you cant exactly know where there heads would be and the fact that people know in CS isnt good.

Whaaa?? people in cs always know where you are? Please, when you try to camp make sure your gun isn't sticking out, your shadow is showing, and any common spot will always be checked by any adept player.

Learn the game, get some gamesense.

CS has a fairly unforgiving playstyle compared to maybe TF2 or mw2, where there is a larger margin for error.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-13 22:35:40

At 5/13/10 06:53 PM, Crink wrote: Try watching this Mr.Percie.

I like this one too

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-14 12:36:37

It's exactly like saying GOW doesn't have tactics because people can kill you with the shotgun from a medium range easier than an assault rifle. You need to have a CONCEPT of the games mechanics before you can start to EVALUATE that concept

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-14 21:44:09

At 5/13/10 05:46 PM, MrPercie wrote: It shouldnt be based on skill though. I use the right weapons at the right time and there is no reason why I should be a killed because somone can aim faster.

Oh God, this has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen on these boards, and that's saying something.
Go back to CoD.

Counter-Strike: Source Beta

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature