00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Counter-Strike: Source Beta

9,750 Views | 120 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-15 07:37:01

The only place where I like Cod4 better to counter strike because at least the bullets hit the damn guys and not everywhere else.

mrperice

your a noob, also weapons do spary like that

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-16 23:09:18

At 5/16/10 07:45 PM, xscoot wrote:
Maps are built so that any gun is a viable choice; there are blind spots, but also long hallways.

I suppose if you're a good enough player you can kill with any gun, but still, weapon balance in CS is rather poor. Try glocking an awper on de_train, or something. AK, M4, and AWP are the preferred weapons, deagle if short on cash. Guns like the bullpup just have shitty recoil and slow rate of fire compared to these, and with a bigger price tag, paired with a useless scope feature. You can still use it, but it's just not as effective.

Also, there is a lot of recoil. Learn how to control that recoil. That's the big thing; in CoD, using ADS means that you get near-perfect accuracy. That doesn't happen here. Try playing CoD with hipfire only, see how good your aim is then.

CoD is loathed so much by the Cs community because of its low learning curve, handicap perks, etc. A lot of people feared that CS might become like it with the beta, all the little achievements and useless features.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 00:21:24

I wish valve would leave it's shitty updates to a game it's already ruined: TF2. No need for a CS:S update... has anyone even asked for an update? I'm sure the changes will be unwelcome... valve, selling out once again.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 00:25:41

At 5/18/10 12:21 AM, milinko959 wrote: I wish valve would leave it's shitty updates to a game it's already ruined: TF2. No need for a CS:S update... has anyone even asked for an update? I'm sure the changes will be unwelcome... valve, selling out once again.

The TF2 updates made the game live as long as it has today. Which a large strong fanbase.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 00:28:26

At 5/18/10 12:25 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 5/18/10 12:21 AM, milinko959 wrote: I wish valve would leave it's shitty updates to a game it's already ruined: TF2. No need for a CS:S update... has anyone even asked for an update? I'm sure the changes will be unwelcome... valve, selling out once again.
The TF2 updates made the game live as long as it has today. Which a large strong fanbase.

Yeah, go whore some more achievements and collect hats and badges. That's what FPS games are about...

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 00:41:27

At 5/18/10 12:28 AM, milinko959 wrote:
Yeah, go whore some more achievements and collect hats and badges. That's what FPS games are about...

Wasn't talking about that, I was more so talking about the weapons, balancing, and maps.

Granted if they didn't release that stuff, it still would be alive, no doubt, just with a smaller base of players. The updates didn't ruin TF2, though how people flaunt over hats and aruge about badges is pretty ridiculious.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 03:06:29

At 5/17/10 08:55 PM, xscoot wrote: It's the glock. The starting weapon you get for free. It's supposed to suck. Any other pistol would kill an AWPer at close range.

Yeah so anyway the problem is why the fuck do the terrorists get the god damned shitty glock while CS get the USP, which quite frankly rocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 03:47:15

Stop bashing COD already, ts starting to get annoying.

The only people who are complaining are the inconsiderate competitive players, who think there the only people that actually play the game, I play for fun, and if Valve is going to add updates to make CSS better, thats including game play elements, (I' m looking at you, bunny hoppers and quick firing awpers, those are actually bugs.) then all I'm for it, the only thing I'm complaining about is how the graphics are going to affect my game play on my Intel GMA 4500m, I should be able to run it, but still.

Ignore my picture and contribute to the NG wiki!

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 10:32:54

At 5/18/10 03:06 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Yeah so anyway the problem is why the fuck do the terrorists get the god damned shitty glock while CS get the USP, which quite frankly rocks.

CT's have to buy defusal kits on most maps. I'd take a Glock over a usp any day with its burst fire.

At 5/18/10 03:47 AM, COMboy112 wrote: (I' m looking at you, bunny hoppers and quick firing awpers, those are actually bugs.)

Why fix bugs that have been around for years and have simply become part of the game? It's not like you couldn't learn to use these features yourself either...

the only thing I'm complaining about is how the graphics are going to affect my game play on my Intel GMA 4500m, I should be able to run it, but still.

From what I've heard the graphics aren't changing much at all, so if you can run it now, you should be fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 12:26:59

I miss CS:S. :CCCCCC

I wish my PC never failed on me. :C

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 16:28:16

They're just making the game more pug player friendly.

At 5/18/10 03:06 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Yeah so anyway the problem is why the fuck do the terrorists get the god damned shitty glock while CS get the USP, which quite frankly rocks.

Glock is ok, but like milinko said, CTs should always buy kits. I probably prefer usp as well, but glock is easier to use with its low recoil and fast rate of fire.

At 5/18/10 03:47 AM, COMboy112 wrote: Stop bashing COD already, ts starting to get annoying.

Never.

The only people who are complaining are the inconsiderate competitive players, who think there the only people that actually play the game, I play for fun, and if Valve is going to add updates to make CSS better, thats including game play elements, (I' m looking at you, bunny hoppers and quick firing awpers, those are actually bugs.) then all I'm for it, the only thing I'm complaining about is how the graphics are going to affect my game play on my Intel GMA 4500m, I should be able to run it, but still.

Damn, long run on sentence. Inconsiderate competitive players? We're just angry that valve is selling out to you pubbers who don't spend nearly as much time playing, or love the game like we do. Not like you couldn't learn to bunnyhop and quickswitch with an awp. It takes what, 2 minutes to learn? From what I hear graphics aren't being changed at all, but they are now supporting multi-core rendering which should help some people with more than a dual core processor.

At 5/18/10 12:02 PM, Crink wrote:
At 5/17/10 08:55 PM, xscoot wrote:
I'm sorry, what? It has the fastest fire rate of any gun in the game! It's my headshot machine, so much better than the MK. You crazy man.
Nah mang, p90 is the fastest firer. I always find the AUG and the sg 552 useless because I hate the 1.4x zoom function, m4/ak is where its at brah. AK is the one and true headshot machine.

p90, para, galil, possibly mac10/tmp, maybe even m4/ak shoot faster than aug and sg 552. The zoom function is completely useless. Not only does it make your gun shoot slower, but it gives it even more recoil. A shitty, expensive gun that only baddies use.

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 16:43:45

^ Someone needs to shut up...

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 16:48:50

At 5/18/10 04:43 PM, COMboy112 wrote: ^ Someone needs to shut up...

Go back to CoD, shitty.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 18:30:58

At 5/18/10 04:48 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
At 5/18/10 04:43 PM, COMboy112 wrote: ^ Someone needs to shut up...
Go back to CoD, shitty.

If I actually owned the game.....

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 21:59:42

At 5/18/10 04:28 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:

I assume you meant pub... I haven't played it at all, since I was too late and the beta is full, but it doesn't sound like the game mechanics have changed at all. I just hope it doesn't move towards gameplay like Call of Duty.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-18 22:33:39

At 5/18/10 09:59 PM, milinko959 wrote:
I assume you meant pub...

Oops, yeah. Typos.

I haven't played it at all, since I was too late and the beta is full, but it doesn't sound like the game mechanics have changed at all. I just hope it doesn't move towards gameplay like Call of Duty.

I heard there was motion blur, but yeah nothing to worry about I suppose. Yeah, precisely.

play in any leagues brah? esea?

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-19 00:38:23

At 5/19/10 12:07 AM, RoboJesus wrote:
At 5/12/10 05:31 PM, COMboy112 wrote: hopefully they will add new weapons, skins, maybe new official maps!
I really hope you're trolling.

Obviously, as he didn't mention hats.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-19 02:58:01

At 5/19/10 12:38 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 5/19/10 12:07 AM, RoboJesus wrote:
At 5/12/10 05:31 PM, COMboy112 wrote: hopefully they will add new weapons, skins, maybe new official maps!
I really hope you're trolling.
Obviously, as he didn't mention hats.

^ Hat's won't happen, maybe wearable clothing (Armor, helmets, masks.) seems like a cool idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-19 03:07:49

Meh, people still play that shit?

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-19 03:11:43

(double post sorry)

Yeah, I probably jumped the gun by saying new weapons and skins etc. all we know so far is that its an engine update along with quirks that Valve picked up with TF2.

Hats, on the other hand keeps on being mentioned over and over again in the CSS forum, but considering the style of CSS, I highly doubt they will be actual "hats" but just clothing you can but on your player model just for cosmetic affects, like in MGS4 or COD. One post in particular caught my eye when someone said he had a friend play around with the console and said he found a command for a body group or something. I.E "hats"

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-19 03:31:40

At 5/19/10 02:58 AM, COMboy112 wrote: ^ Hat's won't happen, maybe wearable clothing (Armor, helmets, masks.) seems like a cool idea.

Someone didn't catch the obvious sarcasm.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-19 08:18:26

I caught it, but I felt obligated when he mentioned hats.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-19 22:48:06

Beta Update:

Fixed not being able to add bots to the game using the Create Server dialog
Fixed some movement ConVars to match the current Counter-Strike: Source settings for default values and flags
Fixed several rubberbanding/stuttering issues with objects and players
Fixed several ConVars (sv_accelerate, maxspeed, etc.) being hidden
Fixed bloom problems
Fixed a server crash caused by malformed client autobuy string
Fixed developer console output being on by default
Fixed "Report Bug" in the main menu not working
Fixed the missing icon for the desktop shortcut
Fixed the "rebuy" command not buying the correct items depending on the order they were purchased in
Fixed the clock image in the spectator HUD being clipped

And most importantly, the gay super fast TF2 style strafing was fixed. Beta seems to be shaping up pretty nicely, lot of bugs and netcode issues fixed.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-20 00:38:17

Valve reopened the beta, I'm playing it, and its awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-20 03:00:42

At 5/12/10 09:53 AM, Oliver wrote: If I want to play TF2, I'll play TF2. I don't want TF2 and CSS to be so fucking similar.

The beta is still nowhere close to TF2, do you see turrets, healing guns or cartoon graphics? From the list the only half interesting thing is the introduction of achievements.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-20 07:37:49

i always love playing counter strike.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-20 14:45:48

At 5/20/10 12:38 AM, COMboy112 wrote: Valve reopened the beta, I'm playing it, and its awesome.

Dammit, it's already closed back up :(

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-20 15:48:03

I got into the second Beta opening yesterday, i think it closed within like an hour of the opening. I played a little over an hour yesterday, and from what i saw, the updates are very nice! It adjusts all the annoying things, looks better, and adds a few new fun features, like the achievements. its still kind of glitchy but if you get past that its great.

All I really want in the full game update is for the AWP not to insta-kill from a torso shot with Kevlar on, aside from that theres nothing really wrong. Except knifing, is it me or does the knife in the beta feel REALLY awkward and weird?

Anyone with the beta please add me, My steam name is in the sig.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-20 17:04:11

At 5/20/10 03:48 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: I got into the second Beta opening yesterday, i think it closed within like an hour of the opening. I played a little over an hour yesterday, and from what i saw, the updates are very nice! It adjusts all the annoying things, looks better, and adds a few new fun features, like the achievements. its still kind of glitchy but if you get past that its great.

Please elaborate when you mean "adjusts all the annoying things". Now, do the achievements pop up instantly on your screen? Like, "congrats, your first kill". I really don't need these little stupid distractions when I'm playing. I suppose it isn't too big of a deal if they tell you afterwards or something. Still, I suppose it's a beta, hopefully they work out all the bugs and such. Also, I hear that the score board is rather opaque, but I'm not sure if they fixed this yet or not.

All I really want in the full game update is for the AWP not to insta-kill from a torso shot with Kevlar on, aside from that theres nothing really wrong. Except knifing, is it me or does the knife in the beta feel REALLY awkward and weird?

Not going to happen... Sure, the awp is the most powerful weapon in the game, and doing something like that would totally throw off the weapon balance. I do feel like the scout could be more useful if it was a instant kill to upper chest shot without kevlar, or something. Really though, any changes to weapon damage/recoil should be taken very carefully by valve.

Or we could play legit, non-beta CS...

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-20 17:47:46

At 5/20/10 05:04 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:

Please elaborate when you mean "adjusts all the annoying things".

It's hard to explain, just play and you'll see what I mean.

Now, do the achievements pop up instantly on your screen? Like, "congrats, your first kill".

They pop up just like in TF2. its kind of distracting but it doesn't happen often enough to really be a problem.

I suppose it's a beta, hopefully they work out all the bugs and such. Also, I hear that the score board is rather opaque, but I'm not sure if they fixed this yet or not.

yeah, hitting Tab for the scoreboard takes up the WHOLE screen and you cant see through it, its annoying as hell when i want to just check my score.

Stuff, any changes to weapon damage/recoil should be taken very carefully by valve.

yeah, i just hope they don't change the pump-shot gun, i fucking love that thing.

Or we could play legit, non-beta CS...

I'm one of the lucky people who got into this thing, i want to get the most playing time out of this!

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature