00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TopChop12GD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Counter-Strike: Source Beta

9,751 Views | 120 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-29 09:18:28

At 5/28/10 11:53 PM, COMboy112 wrote: the FPS counter simply shows what FPS you could achieve I think.

the FPS shows what the graphics card is outputting, but then if your frame rate is higher it'll start redrawing the next frame before the current frame is completely drawn, which looks ugly. So you enable v-sync and then it draws all nicely.

tru story

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-05-29 11:37:57

At 5/29/10 09:18 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 5/28/10 11:53 PM, COMboy112 wrote: the FPS counter simply shows what FPS you could achieve I think.
the FPS shows what the graphics card is outputting, but then if your frame rate is higher it'll start redrawing the next frame before the current frame is completely drawn, which looks ugly. So you enable v-sync and then it draws all nicely.

tru story

Most people turn v-sync off. The effect you're describing BBM is called "tearing" I believe. Basically it makes your gun choppy and ugly if you're getting more frames than your monitor allows. Usually the problem is fixed by using "triple buffering".

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 16:30:41

GAME HAS BEEN UPDATED!!

Beta has officially ended and Valve has released the extensive update. I have yet to try it for myself, but I am hearing mostly positive reviews so far. Will probably pub a shit ton to get all these stupid achievements.

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 16:34:07

Steam servers must be under alot of stress atm, I'm getting 24kb/s when downloading the new CS:S update and it keeps pausing randomly.
This could take a while.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 16:41:33

At 5/12/10 06:28 PM, Crink wrote:
At 5/12/10 05:31 PM, COMboy112 wrote:
I'm really excited, hopefully they will add new weapons
New weapons.

Nice lost reference!

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 16:58:23

Is there new weapons?

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 17:00:49

At 6/23/10 04:34 PM, Oliver wrote: Steam servers must be under alot of stress atm, I'm getting 24kb/s when downloading the new CS:S update and it keeps pausing randomly.
This could take a while.

Im getting 180kb/s

maybe cause im on swedish servers.

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 17:54:49

Hrm, what?

This thread died and came back awesome.

I can't wait to play with some Mac players and this update will follow with new content.

Ignore my picture and contribute to the NG wiki!

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 18:06:40

You assholes, give me some screenies!

I'm on a Swe server and i got a steady 500 kb/s...

Fuck the corporate world!

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 18:51:36

Great! Achievements I'll never manage to get because I die straight away in the game...

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-23 20:04:39

At 6/23/10 04:58 PM, GHOST-KILLA wrote: Is there new weapons?

Hell no.

At 6/23/10 05:54 PM, COMboy112 wrote: Hrm, what?

This thread died and came back awesome.

because there really wasn't any discussion availible? I just bumped it because the game got updated?

herp derp derp.
I can't wait to play with some Mac players and this update will follow with new content.

No new content. And why would playing with mac players be any different than pc owners?

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 08:30:50

Meeting new people.

Valve will be a huge asshole if they don't follow through with new content.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 10:27:11

I was playing at my brother's house and I was dissapoint. No one in any game used any type of teamwork and everyone acted its like Modern Warfare 2. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to America's Army 3 for a Team-based game.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 16:21:26

At 6/24/10 08:30 AM, COMboy112 wrote: Meeting new people.

player base is already quite large. Not like adding mac players would double it/

Valve will be a huge asshole if they don't follow through with new content.

Valve would be huge assholes if they did. Fuck off scrub.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 16:39:12

At 6/24/10 11:18 AM, Crink wrote:
At 6/23/10 06:06 PM, andrease wrote: You assholes, give me some screenies!
lolk

I was hoping they would have added new VM skins.
Is that dual-wielding with a pistol and a rifle?

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg

It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 16:48:58

At 6/24/10 04:39 PM, Robotchk12 wrote: Is that dual-wielding with a pistol and a rifle?

Yes. He has four Arms.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 17:44:20

pff Counter strike is garbage.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 18:05:42

Jesus the OP is an asshole.

What's wrong with adding content?

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-24 20:19:19

Anyone know how I can get my old hud back?

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-25 08:49:35

At 6/24/10 05:44 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: pff Counter strike is garbage.

go back to cod kthxbai.

At 6/24/10 06:05 PM, COMboy112 wrote: Jesus the OP is an asshole.

What's wrong with adding content?

sorry brah. Valve should just stop fucking up the game.

Only positive things I can see from this update would be multicore support, fixed network, and the updated engine. Achievements are whatever, I could care less but they don't bug me too much.

Now all servers are locked at 66 tick and everything is just too laggy. They made the deagle worse as well. Very buggy, sometimes people are invisible ffs. At least give us a finished product instead of this junk.

Don't know what the hell they did but my frames suck shit now too so I can hardly even play the game. After either I find a way to fix it or valve fixes it there's just no way.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-25 10:28:41

see what they just did shows there amateurs.

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-25 10:57:10

They updated the graphics from Source 7 to Source 15, explains your frames.

Also the game probably was supposed to be played at 66 tic or whatever the the fuck that is, it made no difference to me when I was playing (Or Myg0ting =3)

Also they did some work on the weapons to encourage you to use the other ones, I was already using the P226 and the TMP before, but whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-25 13:50:52

At 6/25/10 10:28 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: see what they just did shows there amateurs.

god damn, learn2grammar retard.

At 6/25/10 10:57 AM, COMboy112 wrote: They updated the graphics from Source 7 to Source 15, explains your frames.

Also the game probably was supposed to be played at 66 tic or whatever the the fuck that is, it made no difference to me when I was playing (Or Myg0ting =3)

This isn't the year 2000.

Also they did some work on the weapons to encourage you to use the other ones, I was already using the P226 and the TMP before, but whatever.

what? if anything running and gunning has gotten worse. smgs like the tmp, and p90 just aren't as good anymore. Deagle blows as well now.

In short, Valve fucked up big time. Promising Mac users the game, they rushed it and released an incomplete product. It's just so terribly buggy, glitchy, and laggy.

Only people who like the update are baddies who are too dumb to notice the gameplay changes, and are happy playing on 30 fps, while unlocking dumb achievements.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-25 14:17:15

Because there is no changes to the gameplay.

Your not supposed to be running and gunning anyway.

If you don't like it-
1. Stop playing it.
2. Stop posting.

The only glitch I've seen is people getting a censored version, me getting inside the floor when I spawn (Which you can crouch it get out) and ragdolls getting stuck in walls and that just minor.

But if you INSIST on saying Valve fucked up big time, give them a few weeks.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-25 16:09:49

At 6/25/10 02:35 PM, Crink wrote:
At 6/25/10 02:17 PM, COMboy112 wrote: Because there is no changes to the gameplay.

Your not supposed to be running and gunning anyway.
lol derp hey wat

dude u hacker u killed wen running, dis is only meant to be played standin and aimin u lucker n00b!!1!

But hey, if it works for you...

do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-29 02:39:22

At 6/25/10 01:50 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: what? if anything running and gunning has gotten worse. smgs like the tmp, and p90 just aren't as good anymore. Deagle blows as well now.

Running and shooting should suck. Deagle is probably the least impacted gun by the engine update that I've noticed.

In short, Valve fucked up big time. Promising Mac users the game, they rushed it and released an incomplete product. It's just so terribly buggy, glitchy, and laggy.

There's like 2 somewhat annoying bugs, the one where you have 2 guns and the one where your teammate has the opponent skin. I've not seen either, just heard of it, but no others. It's not laggy either, everyone complaining about lag I've asked what their graphics card is and either they didn't know (which means it's shit) or they said it was from like 7 years ago. Or they were playing with a slow connection, not dialup, that's obvious, but probably the next slowest type, which you won't be able to get by with anymore.

Only people who like the update are baddies who are too dumb to notice the gameplay changes, and are happy playing on 30 fps, while unlocking dumb achievements.

Gameplay changes? Like what? I've noticed the way ak/m4 spray patterns are different, but I'll get used to it. And you run a bit faster so you have to prefire around corners different, so hard :|
30 fps? Maybe if you're computer is from 2004. I still run at 80+ easily with maxed settings with an nVidea 9800. That card is pretty old as well now.

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-29 04:58:10

I can play it on an Intel 4500M and still enjoy it, people need to learn FPS (unless its like, below 10.) does not make the game better.

I too haven't noticed any change whatsoever the only bug that happens to me is when I get sucked into the ground (you can crouch to go back to normal.)

After they fixed all the bugs, I really, REALLY hope they add in new content, like they did with TF2.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-29 11:18:24

I don't see what everyone is so pissed about. The game plays the same for me. I like the update.

You were probably just bad to begin with, now you have an excuse :)

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-29 11:47:10

my computer cant even handle the regular CC:S :C

BBS Signature

Response to Counter-Strike: Source Beta 2010-06-29 16:27:42

At 6/29/10 02:39 AM, Lagatag wrote:
At 6/25/10 01:50 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: what? if anything running and gunning has gotten worse. smgs like the tmp, and p90 just aren't as good anymore. Deagle blows as well now.
Running and shooting should suck. Deagle is probably the least impacted gun by the engine update that I've noticed.

Least impacted? Neg. You can be standing still and your shots will go out of the crosshair. You just have to space more time before shots, and strafing/running shots are less accurate as well. You could never run while spraying with ak/m4 or rifles unless you were in really close quarters, but it was viable with the deagle to strafe while shooting at short/mid distances.

There's like 2 somewhat annoying bugs, the one where you have 2 guns and the one where your teammate has the opponent skin. I've not seen either, just heard of it, but no others. It's not laggy either, everyone complaining about lag I've asked what their graphics card is and either they didn't know (which means it's shit) or they said it was from like 7 years ago. Or they were playing with a slow connection, not dialup, that's obvious, but probably the next slowest type, which you won't be able to get by with anymore.

They released an unfinished product. There were some subtle graphical improvements so yeah. And I will admit, the new bomb explosions look very nice. I've never experienced the dual gun bug, but I have seen cts in t skins and vice versa, very rarely though.

Gameplay changes? Like what? I've noticed the way ak/m4 spray patterns are different, but I'll get used to it. And you run a bit faster so you have to prefire around corners different, so hard :|
30 fps? Maybe if you're computer is from 2004. I still run at 80+ easily with maxed settings with an nVidea 9800. That card is pretty old as well now.

Spray patterns are slightly different, but nothing too significant imo. I have not noticed faster running whatsoever. Impressive. After reinstalling and restarting my comp the fps got much better. But not as great as before. All low settings except for shadows on high, dxlevel 80. 60+ on large maps (dust2, inferno, nuke, train, etc.)

At 6/29/10 04:58 AM, COMboy112 wrote: I can play it on an Intel 4500M and still enjoy it, people need to learn FPS (unless its like, below 10.) does not make the game better.

I think you need to learn that it does. Anything under 30 fps is considered shit. Gun recoil is actually higher on lower fps, and registry isn't as good.

I too haven't noticed any change whatsoever the only bug that happens to me is when I get sucked into the ground (you can crouch to go back to normal.)

I get this one a lot. Still, pretty annoying and it should be fixed.

After they fixed all the bugs, I really, REALLY hope they add in new content, like they did with TF2.

No. I just wish valve released an update without bugs in the first place.

At 6/29/10 11:18 AM, milinko959 wrote: I don't see what everyone is so pissed about. The game plays the same for me. I like the update.

If you weren't that great at the game in the first place, you won't notice the subtle changes.

You were probably just bad to begin with, now you have an excuse :)

Lol no.

-------------------------

Overall, registry is better. We just need to learn the new rates and update our configs to make the game run smoothly.

Many issues people hope would get fixed didn't. Such as crabwalking, and defuse stealing.

I also think, as do many other people, that the deagle was nerfed intentionally. It was pretty overpowered for $650. Just something else to get used to.

BBS Signature