00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GreenNakamuraGPC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

296,597 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-10 23:19:31

At 11/10/10 07:07 PM, Fro wrote: Week 10 Schedule:
BAL @ ATL

I'm going with Baltimore in a close game

DET @ BUF

Lions will win over a hopeless Buffalo team.

CIN @ IND

Colts

NYJ @ CLE

The Jets will win easily, even if Braylon Edwards doesn't do jack.

MIN @ CHI

Vikings shouldn't have any trouble against a Bears team that has no offensive line. Vikings win big.

HOU @ JAC

I'm going with Houston to bounce back against a bad Jags defense

TEN @ MIA

Chad Pennington is starting for Miami, bad move on their part. I'm going with Tennessee here.

CAR @ TB

Tampa Bay, 'nuff said.

KC @ DEN

Chiefs easily win and should run roughshaw over a shitty Denver defense.

STL @ SF

R-A-M-S Rams, Rams, Rams

SEA @ ARI

The Seahawks win in a close one.

DAL @ NYG

This one is going to be a laugher all the way, The G-Men wipe out the Cryboys back to Jerryworld.

NE @ PIT

New England got caught off guard last week, that won't happen again. Patriots win in a minor upset.

PHI @ WAS

Vick should be back to 100%, I have Philadelphia getting their revenge against Washington.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-11 12:02:14

BAL @ ATL - BAL
DET @ BUF - BUF
CIN @ IND - IND
NYJ @ CLE - CLE
MIN @ CHI - CHI
HOU @ JAC - HOU
TEN @ MIA - TEN
CAR @ TB - TB
KC @ DEN - DEN
STL @ SF - SF
SEA @ ARI - SEA
DAL @ NYG - NYG
NE @ PIT - NE
PHI @ WAS - PHI

sorry about missing a couple weeks. I finally have my own computer again.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-11 12:16:21

BAL @ ATL - Falcons
DET @ BUF - Lions
CIN @ IND - Colts
NYJ @ CLE - Jets
MIN @ CHI - Bears
HOU @ JAC - Texans
TEN @ MIA - Tennessee
CAR @ TB - Bucs
KC @ DEN - Chiefs
STL @ SF - Rams
SEA @ ARI - Arizona
DAL @ NYG - Giants
NE @ PIT - Steelers
PHI @ WAS - Eagles

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-11 13:40:28

At 11/10/10 07:07 PM, Fro wrote:
BAL @ ATL

Atlanta

DET @ BUF

Detroit (shit bowl)

CIN @ IND

Indianapolis

NYJ @ CLE

NY Jets

MIN @ CHI

Chicago

HOU @ JAC

Houston

TEN @ MIA

Tennessee

CAR @ TB

Tampa Bay

KC @ DEN

Kansas City

STL @ SF

St.Louis

SEA @ ARI

Seattle

DAL @ NYG

NY Giants

NE @ PIT

Pittsburgh (sorry Brady :( )

PHI @ WAS

Philadelphia

Nice 10-3 last week,hope i can stay above .600 :)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-11 16:35:17

BAL @ ATL - BAL
DET @ BUF - BUF
CIN @ IND - IND
NYJ @ CLE - NYJ
MIN @ CHI - MIN
HOU @ JAC - HOU
TEN @ MIA - TEN
CAR @ TB - TB
KC @ DEN - KC
STL @ SF - STL
SEA @ ARI - ARI
DAL @ NYG - NYG
NE @ PIT - PIT
PHI @ WAS - PHI

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-11 16:56:29

BAL @ ATL - Ravens
DET @ BUF - Lions
CIN @ IND - Colts
NYJ @ CLE - Jets
MIN @ CHI - Vikings
HOU @ JAC - Houston
TEN @ MIA - Titans
CAR @ TB - Tampa
KC @ DEN - Chiefs
STL @ SF - Rams
SEA @ ARI - Arizona
DAL @ NYG - Giants
NE @ PIT - Pittsburgh
PHI @ WAS - Philly

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-11 19:02:55

Ravens > Falcons

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-11 19:49:05

BAL @ ATL: BAL
DET @ BUF: BUF
CIN @ IND: IND (OH GAWD, A MASSACRE JUST WAITING TO HAPPEN)
NYJ @ CLE: NYJ
MIN @ CHI: Chicago (Brett is gonna lose this one, I can feel it.)
HOU @ JAC: HOU
TEN @ MIA: TEN
CAR @ TB: TB
KC @ DEN: DEN
STL @ SF: STL
SEA @ ARI: ARI
DAL @ NYG: DAL
NE @ PIT: PIT
PHI @ WAS: PHI

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-12 05:54:33

Oakland with a winning season at the bye week?

Don't cry. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-13 02:38:13

None of the top ten are playing rank teams this week, so I don't think there is going to be much shake up. That includes all of the rumors that are flying around Cam Newton and Auburn. I don't see them losing to Georgia. I dunno, maybe we'll get lucky and see Cal knock off Oregon.

19 Old Miss at 12 Alabama might be a decent match up, but 'bama is going to win handily.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-13 23:34:49

LOL at Indiana's shitty defense for dropping 83 points against Wisconsin, I know Wisconsin is a great team and all, but for the love of fuck Indiana, your defense needs to show up once in a while, this isn't a video game, last time I checked.

Now I'm hoping that the Bengals at least play well against the Colts Sunday and make it a game, because if I'm not mistaken, the next game after that is against Buffalo, and with our luck we'll probably hit rock bottom there, {I'm hoping it's not.}

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-14 02:05:57

Well with Manny Pacquiao beating Antonio Margarito tonight he now has more wins in Cowboys Stadium than the Dallas Cowboys do.

harhar

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-14 09:21:14

Week 10:

Ravens > Falcons

Bears > Vikings
Colts > Bengals
Titans > Dolphins
Browns > Jets
Texans > Jags
Lions > Bills
Bucks > Panthers
Broncos > Chiefs
Cardinals > Seahawks
Rams > 49ers
Giants > Cowboys
Steelers > Patriots
Eagles > Redskins

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-14 15:19:19

BAL @ ATL - Baltimore
DET @ BUF - Detroit
CIN @ IND - Colts
NYJ @ CLE - Jets
MIN @ CHI - Minnesota
HOU @ JAC - Houston
TEN @ MIA - Miami
CAR @ TB - Tampa Bay
KC @ DEN - Denver
STL @ SF - San Francisco
SEA @ ARI - Arizona
DAL @ NYG - Giants
NE @ PIT - Steelers
PHI @ WAS - Washington

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-14 15:21:34

Well 8-5 last week which is not too bad acutally. But i'm waiting for the Auburn vs. Alabama game to air and hopefully will be off work to watch it. And i'm with Alabama all the way on this one cause I really storngly dislike Auburn.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-14 16:43:12

1-8

U Mad Detroit?

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-14 16:53:51

David Garrard, doin' it big. What a play.

Dolphins have had a rough week...they demote Chad Henne and start Chad Pennington. Chad Pennington starts the game, makes it three plays and then reinjures his shoulder. Chad Henne comes back in, plays well...and then hurts his knee. Tyler Thigpen comes in and leads them over the Titans. Looks like he may be back in the driver's seat by luck of the draw, same as in KC '08. And despite all three QBs having played, no one can get the ball to Brandon Marshall. I don't get it.

When bad meets worse, a victor has to emerge...that was basically Detroit-Buffalo today. Buffalo gets their first W and avoids 0-9, and the Lions set an NFL record with 25 straight road losses. (They held the previous record with 24 in a row from '02-'03.) Shaun Hill was just flat-out not good enough. Jahvid Best is struggling too.

Browns are really showing some mettle these days, and it may have to do with Colt McCoy at QB, to be honest. He comes in, loses to Pittsburgh, helps them beat New Orleans, helps them beat New England, and helps them take the Jets to OT. I don't know that they pull that off if Delhomme or Seneca Wallace is still at QB.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 02:11:19

Here's a big e high-five to Buddhist for the Raiders having the division lead in WEEK 10. They could lose every game for the rest of the season and I'd still be amazed by this year. Haha. They're actually getting better.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 15:05:11

At 11/14/10 04:53 PM, Buddhist wrote:

. I don't know that they pull that off if Delhomme or Seneca Wallace is still at QB.

Well yeah I think Colt Mccoy has brought some much needed new blood and talent to the Browns and they have been doing pretty good here lately to say the least. And how about the W by the Denver Broncos yesterday? Maybe now they can get something going and turn their season in a winning direction. But also they need to have Tebow in more cause I honestly think he makes a fine addition to the team as it is. But he also brings some much needed new blood and skill to them as well. Now all they need is a good o-line to protect him and Orton. And just hope that Denver's defense can only get better after their win yesterday.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 17:38:19

This whole season just gets more ridiculous.

Injury wrapup:

- ILB/DE Aaron Kampman (Jags) to IR, knee injury
- QB Chad Pennington (Fins) to IR, shoulder injury, likely career-threatening
- QB Chad Henne (Fins) likely to IR, knee injury (extent unknown)
- LT Jake Long (Fins) possibly to IR, shoulder injury (potential dislocation)
- QB Jimmy Clausen (Panthers) out with a concussion (BRING ON TONY PIKE!)
- WR Brandon LaFell (Panthers) out with a concussion
- K Mike Nugent (Bengals) to IR, knee injury (Torn ACL/MCL)
- WR Ramses Barden (Giants) likely to IR, ankle injury (Broken ankle, torn ligament in ankle)
- TE Kevin Boss (Giants) suffers lower back sprain in L to Dallas
- WR Jerricho Cotchery (Jets) suffers partially-torn groin; status questionable for Week 11
- WR Josh Cribbs (Browns) dislocates four toes on R foot; status questionable for Week 11
- QB Matt Hasselbeck (Seahawks) breaks bone in throwing wrist; likely to play in Week 11

Other news:

- K Jeff Reed (Steelers) possibly to be released; Steelers will bring in kickers for workouts Tuesday
- QB Donovan McNabb (Redskins) inexplicably given a 5-year, $78 million extension with $40 million guaranteed
-
I don't know that there's a team I feel more sympathy for this year than Carolina. Delhomme is gone, Matt Moore gets the $16 mil franchise QB tender and plays terribly until benched; your top QB draft pick comes in, plays even worse, gets benched; Moore comes back in, injures himself and goes on IR; Clausen starts to turn it around, gets a concussion, and Tony Pike, their 6th-round pick this year, likely ends up getting the start.

DeAngelo Williams hurts himself, Jonathon Stewart hurts himself, and despite this, they both get outclassed by 4th-string RB Mike Goodson, posting the Panthers' first 100yd rushing game of the year. Then you have the whole Dwayne Jarrett failure and the fact that Steve Smith not only barely gets the ball but has no competent receiver opposite him to take off some of the coverage...a messy year, indeed.

Panthers' new QB depth chart:

- Tony Pike (Rookie 6th-round pick, 12 career pass attempts)
- Armanti Edwards (Rookie 3rd-round pick, former Appalachian State QB, converted to WR)
- Brian St. Pierre (5 career pass attempts)

And people are talking about the Dolphins' QB problems. Eesh.

At 11/15/10 02:11 AM, michelinman wrote: Here's a big e high-five to Buddhist for the Raiders having the division lead in WEEK 10. They could lose every game for the rest of the season and I'd still be amazed by this year. Haha. They're actually getting better.

There's also the fact that Lane Kiffin's grievance against us was denied by an NFL arbiter. Things are lookin' up.

It feels even better having woken up, looked at the AFC West standings (FUCK YEA), then read an article about the change in the locker-room culture...and THEN taking a long look at this:

TODD HALEY IS NOT AMUSED.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 19:57:56

At 11/15/10 05:38 PM, Buddhist wrote:
TODD HALEY IS NOT AMUSED.

Jackass robs the Bills of their first win on that 'Call a timeout right before the snap PLOX' bullshit and he wants to say McDaniels won cheap?

Fuck Haley

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 20:23:08

At 11/15/10 05:38 PM, Buddhist wrote: This whole season just gets more ridiculous.

Injury wrapup:

- ILB/DE Aaron Kampman (Jags) to IR, knee injury
- QB Chad Pennington (Fins) to IR, shoulder injury, likely career-threatening

This was....dumb? I mean Penn isn't exactly tough but getting hurt that easy is a little sad.

- QB Chad Henne (Fins) likely to IR, knee injury (extent unknown)
- LT Jake Long (Fins) possibly to IR, shoulder injury (potential dislocation)
- QB Jimmy Clausen (Panthers) out with a concussion (BRING ON TONY PIKE!)

lol giants fucked him up bad. he can take hits though.

- WR Brandon LaFell (Panthers) out with a concussion
- K Mike Nugent (Bengals) to IR, knee injury (Torn ACL/MCL)
- WR Ramses Barden (Giants) likely to IR, ankle injury (Broken ankle, torn ligament in ankle)
- TE Kevin Boss (Giants) suffers lower back sprain in L to Dallas

That loss was tough to watch to say the least. But this shows Dallas can win a game. Just not enough to save there season this year though.

- WR Jerricho Cotchery (Jets) suffers partially-torn groin; status questionable for Week 11

Saw that game. Jericho still caught a pass(nice one too) and you noticed him grabbing his groin. Guy is tough

- WR Josh Cribbs (Browns) dislocates four toes on R foot; status questionable for Week 11
- QB Matt Hasselbeck (Seahawks) breaks bone in throwing wrist; likely to play in Week 11

So many players are getting hurt. What it is I don't know but there dropping like flies...fast.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 21:44:51

Half the fun of this Redskins game is watching Wade's twitter feed

So many red puns lol

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 23:10:13

59-21 and it's not even the fourth quarter yet?

"What the hell is going on out there!?"

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 23:11:19

At 11/14/10 04:53 PM, Buddhist wrote: David Garrard, doin' it big. What a play.

Dolphins have had a rough week...they demote Chad Henne and start Chad Pennington. Chad Pennington starts the game, makes it three plays and then reinjures his shoulder. Chad Henne comes back in, plays well...and then hurts his knee. Tyler Thigpen comes in and leads them over the Titans. Looks like he may be back in the driver's seat by luck of the draw, same as in KC '08. And despite all three QBs having played, no one can get the ball to Brandon Marshall. I don't get it.

I really don't know why they don't use Marshall more, considering he did have over 100 receptions for 3 seasons in a row. Frankly, it was stupid to start Pennington in the first place, because of his glass shoulder and his lack of arm strength. Miami's offense consists of the running game, but even with all that, Marshall needs the touches in order for Miami to succeed.

When bad meets worse, a victor has to emerge...that was basically Detroit-Buffalo today. Buffalo gets their first W and avoids 0-9, and the Lions set an NFL record with 25 straight road losses. (They held the previous record with 24 in a row from '02-'03.) Shaun Hill was just flat-out not good enough. Jahvid Best is struggling too.

Let's face it, both teams are bad. Detroit is improving, but this loss means they still have a long way to go before they can be relevent again. Buffalo and Cincinnati are probably the 2 worst teams in the AFC, but unlike the Bills, the Bengals had Super Bowl hopes and had far better players on the roster. But at least we won't be the team that gave Buffalo it's first win, {Sorry Detroit.}

Browns are really showing some mettle these days, and it may have to do with Colt McCoy at QB, to be honest.

I must admit, the Browns are playing pretty good now, although like Detroit, they still have a long way to go. I guess they aren't the semi-pro punching bag they used to be, unless they start falling back to their old habits of tanking games in the second half of the season. {'09 was an exception.}

He comes in, loses to Pittsburgh, helps them beat New Orleans, helps them beat New England, and helps them take the Jets to OT. I don't know that they pull that off if Delhomme or Seneca Wallace is still at QB.

The New England game was a fluke because they caught them off guard, considering how the Pats destroyed the overrated Steelers. In this season, there are no dominant team in the league today, so trying to say who is the best team in the NFL is irrelevent considering everyone has at least 2 losses to their record. Although, if I had to make a pick now, I would go with the Jets because of their balance on offense and defense.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-15 23:27:22

At 11/15/10 11:10 PM, reverend wrote: 59-21 and it's not even the fourth quarter yet?

"What the hell is going on out there!?"

Someone just became a god before our very eyes

and i'm his fantasy owner ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-16 00:01:33

Vick is the reason I was able to come back from a 50+ point deficit in fantasy...in two leagues.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-16 00:17:40

At 11/16/10 12:01 AM, 36Holla wrote: Vick is the reason I was able to come back from a 50+ point deficit in fantasy...in two leagues.

Vick is the reason i was able to score 327 points.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-16 06:53:32

Lets not count your blessings yet guys. Vick is playing way too well to not be doing something illegal. It's only a matter of weeks before somebody dead turns up in his house or something.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-16 18:51:05

At 11/15/10 07:57 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Fuck Haley

Personally I find McDaniels to be an even bigger asshole because of his persona since he came to the Broncos and also the fact that he's a disciple of Bill Belichick, but from what I've read, Haley is the more hated of the two, at least amongst Raiders fans.

They're both douchebags though. And fuck Norv Turner too, for both being a terrible coach in Oakland and being a terrible coach masked by a lot of talent elsewhere. But Todd Haley is more of a borderline-insane douche, while McDaniels is more of a smugly-prodigal-and-charismatic douche.

At 11/15/10 08:23 PM, 34Deadman wrote: So many players are getting hurt. What it is I don't know but there dropping like flies...fast.

I think this year it's been a lot of TEs and a lot of QBs. On the whole though, I don't think there's been as huge of an increase in injuries as we might imagine; it's really more that each injury (especially concussions or any head-related injuries) are being watched more closely by the league, as well as being scrutinized more by the media.

At 11/15/10 11:11 PM, orangebomb wrote: I really don't know why they don't use Marshall more, considering he did have over 100 receptions for 3 seasons in a row. Frankly, it was stupid to start Pennington in the first place, because of his glass shoulder and his lack of arm strength. Miami's offense consists of the running game, but even with all that, Marshall needs the touches in order for Miami to succeed.

I dunno how Sparano and Cam Cameron don't see that. He's the key to the entire offense, that's why you went out and got him. He'd be a good decoy if they had a second deep threat, but they don't have that. Davone Bess is a great receiver, but he's not a major deep threat and makes for a better slot receiver, running a lot of short out routes. If you target Marshall more, you can open the field up a LOT more and it really would aid in the utilization of weapons like Ronnie Brown and Ricky WIlliams. If they could figure out how to run the offense, they'd be a legitimate contender, but until then they're just in the middle of the pack.

At 11/15/10 11:11 PM, orangebomb wrote: The New England game was a fluke because they caught them off guard, considering how the Pats destroyed the overrated Steelers.

It's not a fluke, especially if you're going to go on and say that you think the Jets are arguably the best team in the league right now. They almost just lost to the Browns, as the Patriots did. They also beat the team that won the Super Bowl last year. I would say that qualifies as the opposite of a fluke.

Although the Jerome Harrison-Mike Bell trade is looking to be a win for the Eagles.

BBS Signature