00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoeBidenLikesToes just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

297,207 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-03 18:51:48

the Moss grows south in Tennessee.

Kenny Britt will be pleased once his hamstring heals up; in the meantime, Chris Johnson is going to murder motherfuckers when teams are double-covering R-R-R-Randy.

I mean, if CJ can do this without Moss, imagine the opportunities with a guy like that taking away some of the coverage.

That being said, I'd be damn surprised to see anyone beat that run as arguably the best play of the year. Ridiculous.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-03 19:04:12

SO the Bills managed to snatch up Merriman.

On paper this looks like a pretty bad decision, considering Merriman's issues with injuries.

However, watching the Bills like I have reveals that our defensive pressure on the edge is almost non-existent. At the very leat Merriman will be a presence on a defense that has struggled on the edge.

At least now we have someone who can tackle who doesn't play 10 yards out of scrimmage.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-03 23:07:17

At 11/3/10 07:04 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: At least now we have someone who can tackle who doesn't play 10 yards out of scrimmage.

All I can say is don't get used to him, he'll be ready to leave Buffalo after the season ends, and they would be offically on the clock. If he is worth his salt, so to speak, he should be productive enough to get Buffalo at least 1 or 2 wins at the end of the year, and beg for a multi-year contract somewhere else, or even stay with the Bills if no one bites. Merriman is no longer the electric LB that players and coaches fear with a cold sweat.

Speaking of coaches on the hot seat, Marvin Lewis has got to be mentioned with Phillips and Childress on the chopping block. He simply couldn't get it done with an explosive offense before, and now with a once solid defense and Super Bowl hopes. There needs to be big changes within the organization after the season, otherwise we'll keep falling back to the way we were in the 90's, which was more painful than a lobotomy and multiple root canals.

Randy Moss is now a Titan, the catering is much better in Nashville, so he won't be complaining about that, I hope.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-04 01:24:02

Merriman is by no means to be a long term deal. Buddy Nix plans to rebuild in the draft, and what we need are linebackers and edge rushers. Until then we needs to get help where we can, even in small bites.

Our offense is full of young, developing talent, and if Fitz finished this year in his current form he is the QB going ahead. We need to fix this defense. The only thing we have going for us is our secondary, MLB Poz and Nose Tackle Kyle Williams.

We're a young team with exceptional potential, and a lot of heart, we've got a lot ahead of us. It's gotten worse, now it will only get better.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-04 19:54:20

Week 7 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
8 wins - Pandamir, orangebomb, Gooch

Most Losses This Week:
9 losses - 34Deadman

[ Rank ] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Prev. Rank ]

>>>01 ] [ 69-48 ] [ .590 ] [ illuminate ]
>>>02 ] [ 68-50 ] [ .576 ] [ EternitySpent ]
>>>03 ] [ 67-51 ] [ .568 ] [ reverend ]
>>>04 ] [ 65-52 ] [ .555 ] [ 36Holla ]
>>>05 ] [ 63-55 ] [ .534 ] [ Fro ]
>>>06 ] [ 59-43 ] [ .580 ] [ orangebomb ]
>>>07 ] [ 56-48 ] [ .538 ] [ Gooch ]
>>>08 ] [ 50-50 ] [ .500 ] [ 34Deadman ]
>>>09 ] [ 48-54 ] [ .471 ] [ Gobblemeister ]
>>>10 ] [ 38-20 ] [ .655 ] [ TheSongSalad ]
>>>11 ] [ 26-21 ] [ .553 ] [ Pandamir ]
>>>12 ] [ 23-21 ] [ .523 ] [ puddinN64 ]

Inactive:

>>>-- ] [ 6-8 ] [ .429 ] [ Nivis ]

Week 7 Rankings

Pandamir: 8-6
orangebomb: 8-6
Gooch: 8-6
36Holla: 7-7
Gobblemeister: 7-7
Fro: 6-8
illuminate: 6-8
reverend: 6-8
EternitySpent: 6-8
puddinN64: 6-8
34Deadman: 5-9

Comments:

This was a terrible week for almost everyone. Even the best winners were only slightly above average. Nobody really changed places unless you can't puddin moving from inactive to last place as a move.

Week 8 Schedule:

NYJ @ DET
TB @ ATL
SD @ HOU
MIA @ BAL
NO @ CAR
ARI @ MIN
CHI @ BUF
NE @ CLE
NYG @ SEA
IND @ PHI
KC @ OAK
DAL @ GB
PIT @ CIN

Byes: Broncos, Jaguars, 49ers, Rams, Titans, Redskins

----------

At 11/1/10 09:41 AM, Sentio wrote: I'm stunned to see so many predicted a Bronco's win yesterday- did everyone just forget the slaughtering they received at the hands of the Raiders?

It's actually a very logical pick if you take a few seconds to think about it. San Fran had only won one game up to then and they were on their third string quarterback.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-04 22:34:52

At 11/4/10 07:54 PM, Fro wrote: Week 7 Standings

Most Wins This Week:

Most Losses This Week:
9 losses - 34Deadman

What a rough week -__- let's hope this one is better(for me anyway)

Week 8 Schedule:

NYJ @ DET

Man let's see...Jets D is destructive however O is a other story. Going with Jets hoping to see less dropped balls by them here.

TB @ ATL

ATL

SD @ HOU

SD is faulting big time and Hou needs to get a grip. HOU winning this one

MIA @ BAL

BAL

NO @ CAR

NO here

ARI @ MIN

Oh god MIN is like Dallas high hopes of Superbowl contenders and now and the bottom of the league. ARI is going to take it home here.

CHI @ BUF

BUF

NE @ CLE

NE

NYG @ SEA

NYG 1. D injuries every QB(except Peyton Manning) in the game looking to see a other and there hitlist(if hasselbeck is in because if he is Giants are going to chew him out) 2. Offense is very explosive

IND @ PHI

both teams having there fair share of problems. IND with WR dropping left and right. Eagles having a tough time choosing which QB to start(Vick is better but needs to remain healthy). Going with Eagles.

KC @ OAK

This on my must watch list. OAK is proving there a threat(were the hell there D get so aggressive?) and KC is doing well...sorta. However going with the Black and Silver to steal the win...Can lighting strike thrice(or is it two?) for them?

DAL @ GB

GB....both team are having a tough time jumping to the swing of things so to speak

PIT @ CIN

PIT

Byes: Broncos, Jaguars, 49ers, Rams, Titans, Redskins

Broncos need this week off. Maybe they can regroup a bit.

----------

At 11/1/10 09:41 AM, Sentio wrote: I'm stunned to see so many predicted a Bronco's win yesterday- did everyone just forget the slaughtering they received at the hands of the Raiders?
It's actually a very logical pick if you take a few seconds to think about it. San Fran had only won one game up to then and they were on their third string quarterback.

Fro that is exactly why I went with DEN they seemed the smart choice.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-04 22:47:33

Week 9 Picks
NYJ @ DET - Jets
TB @ ATL - Bucs
SD @ HOU - Texans
MIA @ BAL - Ravens
NO @ CAR - Saints
ARI @ MIN - Vikes
CHI @ BUF - Bears
NE @ CLE - Pats
NYG @ SEA - Giants
IND @ PHI - Colts
KC @ OAK - Raiders
DAL @ GB - Packers
PIT @ CIN - Steelers

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-04 23:30:27

At 11/4/10 07:54 PM, Fro wrote: Week 7 Standings

Most Wins This Week:

Wow, even I thought I had a bad week making picks. Let's see if I can make it 4 out of 5.

Week 8 Schedule:

NYJ @ DET

Detroit will be a good team sooner than later, but I've got the Jets winning in a close one.

TB @ ATL

I have Atlanta winning at home against a surprising TB team.

SD @ HOU

Houston bounces back at home.

MIA @ BAL

I have the Ravens here, I think they may be the best team in their division, if not the AFC.

NO @ CAR

New Orleans still has some fight left in them, I got the Saints winning easily.

ARI @ MIN

This is a must win for Minnesota, and I say they will win and get it done.

CHI @ BUF

Merriman won't be enough to stop Chicago, The Bears win in a low scoring match.

NE @ CLE

New England, 'nuff said.

NYG @ SEA

The G-Men are arguably the best team in the NFC, and they will prove that with a win in Seattle.

IND @ PHI

Both teams seems to be falling apart, but the Colts have #18 at QB, and I got them winning.

KC @ OAK

This is certainly the game of the week the way I see it, Oakland will prove to the world that they are back with a big win at home.

DAL @ GB

Green Bay wins easily at home.

PIT @ CIN

This is my upset of the week, Cincinnati's playoff hopes are down the shitter, but they will win on Monday Night at home because of pride, more than anything else.

I've should have known, especially when you have an Ohio State QB {Troy Smith} leading your team now on offense. I have a feeling that this won't end well for the 49ers, if it hasn't already.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-05 00:23:23

NYJ @ DET - NYJ
TB @ ATL - ATL
SD @ HOU - HOU
MIA @ BAL - BAL
NO @ CAR - NO
ARI @ MIN - MIN
CHI @ BUF - BUF )
NE @ CLE - NE
NYG @ SEA - NYG
IND @ PHI - IND
KC @ OAK - KC
DAL @ GB - GB
PIT @ CIN - PIT

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-05 04:08:40

NYJ @ DET - Jets
TB @ ATL - Atlanta
SD @ HOU - San Diego
MIA @ BAL - Baltimore
NO @ CAR - New Orleans
ARI @ MIN - Arizona
CHI @ BUF - Chicago
NE @ CLE - New England
NYG @ SEA - Giants
IND @ PHI - Indy
KC @ OAK - Oakland
DAL @ GB - Green Bay
PIT @ CIN - Pitt

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-05 20:57:03

Week 9 Picks
NYJ @ DET - Jets (Obviously)
TB @ ATL - Atlanta
SD @ HOU - San Diego
MIA @ BAL - Ravens
NO @ CAR - Saints
ARI @ MIN - Arizona (Brett is a has been)
CHI @ BUF - Bears
NE @ CLE - Patriots
NYG @ SEA - Giants
IND @ PHI - Colts
KC @ OAK -KC
DAL @ GB - Packers
PIT @ CIN - Steelers (I'm a Cincy fan, but let's be honest here..)

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-06 02:02:11

Headliners for this week, 3 TCU at 5 Utah. Winner stays in the hunt, loser goes to the Continental Tire Bowl or some like it. While the Utah does have an impressive home record, I think the Horned Frogs are going to win.

6 Alabama at 10 LSU, toss up; though hoping for a Tigers' win.
Another SEC battle, 18 Arkansas at 19 South Carolina, I think the Hogs are going to win on the road.

And, 21 Baylor and 17 Ok State. Baylor first in the Big 12 South? Eh, not for long, though it is a good sign to see Baylor starting to be competitive right before the Big 12 is split apart next season.

At 11/5/10 12:02 AM, Cootie wrote: Auburn has moved from number 1 in the nation down to number 2 just behind Oregon. Both teams are undefeated though. I am actually going to see the Auburn game this weekend, so I will get to see Cam Newton close up in action.

When Cam get sacked be sure to run on the field and get some of the money that falls out of his pockets that Auburn must have paid him to lure him from MSU. :P

I kid of course. It's sad to see how such rumors and slander are out there and will undoubtedly shoot down his chances for a Heisman, since none of the voters will want a repeat of Reggie-gate.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-06 02:06:58

Wisconsin is gonna trample all over unranked Purdue

Hopefully Michigan State will being to falter and help Wisconsin take the Big 10 and hopefully appear in the Rose Bowl.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-06 05:22:28

At 11/6/10 02:06 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Wisconsin is gonna trample all over unranked Purdue

Hopefully Michigan State will being to falter and help Wisconsin take the Big 10 and hopefully appear in the Rose Bowl.

ILL-INI! ILL-INI!

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-06 11:52:42

At 11/4/10 07:54 PM, Fro wrote:
NYJ @ DET

Jets

TB @ ATL

Falcons

SD @ HOU

Texans

MIA @ BAL

Ravens

NO @ CAR

Saints

ARI @ MIN

Vikings

CHI @ BUF

Bears

NE @ CLE

Patriots

NYG @ SEA

Giants

IND @ PHI

Colts

KC @ OAK

Raiders

DAL @ GB

Packers

PIT @ CIN

Steelers

What a shit sunday last week,i hope i don't have to suffer another one like that again

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-06 16:15:45

At 11/4/10 07:54 PM, Fro wrote:

:Nobody really changed places unless you can't puddin moving from inactive to last place as a move.

I would count that. Think about it, there's a difference between competing and not competing in the Olympics, right? :P

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-06 23:20:42

At 11/6/10 02:02 AM, reverend wrote: When Cam get sacked be sure to run on the field and get some of the money that falls out of his pockets that Auburn must have paid him to lure him from MSU. :P

I kid of course. It's sad to see how such rumors and slander are out there and will undoubtedly shoot down his chances for a Heisman, since none of the voters will want a repeat of Reggie-gate.

Frankly, if I was a Heisman voter, I would still vote for Newton because neither him nor Auburn had taken any money, gifts, etc. from this agent {I think we heard this song and dance before.} and the Heisman is supposed to be given the best player in college football, not a morality contest. Most voters will end up voting for him anyway, and for the ones that don't because of this little fiasco, then they should have their vote taken away, because the Heisman is an athletic award, not a morality award. Get that thourgh your head, NCAA.

Speaking of NCAA and their rather dubious judgement, they have decided to absolve Rich Rodriguez of any wrongdoing involving practice time with players, yet for shits and giggles, Michigan gets another year of suspension because of this mess, which has got to be the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard.

For the love of God, The Notre Dame Coaches are a bunch of negligent asswipes who let a kid die while standing on top of a 50 foot platform when the winds were gusting around 50 miles per hour up there, yet the NCAA did jack shit about it. I know that Sullivan wasn't an athlete on the team, but still, the coaches should have known better, but they're precious practice was a little more important than a kids safety and well-being. My sympathies go out to the Sullivan family for the tragedy, and my deepest contempt for Brian Kelly for allowing something like this to happen.

At least Michigan is finally bowl eligible after a ultra-high scoring affair, 67-65 against the Illini. Their offense may be the best offense in college football {besides Oregon} but their defense SUCKS!!! This could be possibly the Game of the Year in college football because of the triple overtime and the high scoring affair between both teams. Even though Michigan won, Greg Robinson should be fired after giving up a shitload of yards and points like that, as for Rich Rod, the heat may be off for now, but if he doesn't follow this win with more wins, then he should be fired.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-07 05:26:12

At 11/5/10 12:23 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: NYJ @ DET - NYJ

Jets

TB @ ATL - ATL

Falcons

SD @ HOU - HOU

Chargers

MIA @ BAL - BAL

Ravens

NO @ CAR - NO

Saints

ARI @ MIN - MIN

Vikings

CHI @ BUF - BUF )

Bears

NE @ CLE - NE

Patriots

NYG @ SEA - NYG

Giants

IND @ PHI - IND

Colts

KC @ OAK - KC

Chiefs

DAL @ GB - GB

Packers

PIT @ CIN - PIT

Steelers

Picks from my cell. It was the fastest way.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-07 11:39:08

Week 9:
Falcons > Bucks
Saints > Panthers
Bills - Bears
Vikings > Cardinals
Patriots > Browns
Chargers > Texans
Lions > Jets
Ravens > Dolphins
Seahawks > Giants
Colts > Eagles
Chiefs > Raiders
Packers > Cowboys
Steelers > Bengals

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-07 14:35:30

Did pretty good last week and here I was thinking I did poorly lol. Well real quick here are my picks for the week:

NYJ @ DET - Jets

TB @ ATL - Atlanta

SD @ HOU - Houston

MIA @ BAL - Baltimore

NO @ CAR - New Orleans

ARI @ MIN - Arizona

CHI @ BUF - Chicago

NE @ CLE - New England

NYG @ SEA - Giants

IND @ PHI - Colts

KC @ OAK - Chiefs

DAL @ GB - Green Bay

PIT @ CIN - Steelers

Some pretty good matchups this week, And well while my wounded Broncos are on the bye hopefully they can rest up and start winning some games here soon.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-07 17:45:09

Hey guys, remember the time when Tiki Barber was taken seriously?

Neither do I.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-07 23:16:50

The Raiders are 5-4 after a huge overtime win over the division leading Chiefs at home in front of a sold out crowd. If you had said this sentence to me before the season started, I would've laughed my fucking ass off so hard. WE'RE BACK BITCHES!

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-07 23:37:51

Another week another close loss

Oh well, we need to be ready for Detroit next week, hopefully we cut holes in them and manage to outscore them.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-08 18:19:41

Go go Jordan Shipley! Go go Jordan Shipley! Go go Jordan Shipley! You mighty white ass wideout Shipleeeeeeey!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-08 18:43:25

At 11/8/10 12:25 AM, Cootie wrote: Also, I see that most sport websites deem the Auburn vs Alabama game as the biggest rivalry in college football . . .

Better than Ohio State Michigan, Army Navy, or OU Texas? I don't think so. Sure the Iron Bowl has more relevance this year, but it's not the greatest rivalry in all college football. My personal belief is that it's not truly a rivalry until someone attempts to rip off the other fan's testicles. :P

-

In other news, Wade Philips fired. No surprise, Jerry had really no other choice if he want to try to keep Jerry World at least half filled.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-09 04:20:03

At 11/8/10 06:19 PM, 36Holla wrote: Go go Jordan Shipley! Go go Jordan Shipley! Go go Jordan Shipley! You mighty white ass wideout Shipleeeeeeey!

bleh. looks like you reaped the immediate benefits of our trade.

needed the win this week too...next week should be a rough matchup with Philip Rivers on a bye. Rollin' with David Garrard is always a very risky proposal, and I might end up just changing it up for a higher-upside play.

balls

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-10 19:07:59

Week 9 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
36Holla, illuminate, Fro - 10 Wins

Most Losses This Week:
Gooch, EternitySpent - 6 Losses

[ Rank ] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Prev. Rank ]

>>>01 ] [ 79-51 ] [ .607 ] [ illuminate ]
>>>02 ] [ 75-56 ] [ .572 ] [ EternitySpent ]
>>>-- ] [ 75-56 ] [ .562 ] [ reverend ]
>>>-- ] [ 75-55 ] [ .577 ] [ 36Holla ]
>>>05 ] [ 73-58 ] [ .557 ] [ Fro ]
>>>06 ] [ 68-47 ] [ .591 ] [ orangebomb ]
>>>07 ] [ 63-54 ] [ .538 ] [ Gooch ]
>>>08 ] [ 59-54 ] [ .522 ] [ 34Deadman ]
>>>09 ] [ 56-59 ] [ .487 ] [ Gobblemeister ]
>>>10 ] [ 34-26 ] [ .567 ] [ Pandamir ]
>>>11 ] [ 32-25 ] [ .561 ] [ puddinN64 ]

Inactive:

>>>-- ] [ 38-20 ] [ .655 ] [ TheSongSalad ]
>>>-- ] [ 6-8 ] [ .429 ] [ Nivis ]

Week 7 Rankings

36Holla: 10-3
illuminate: 10-3
Fro: 10-3
34Deadman: 9-4
orangebomb: 9-4
puddinN64: 9-4
reverend:8-5
Gobblemeister: 8-5
Pandamir: 8-5
Gooch: 7-6
EternitySpent: 7-6

Comments:

This was a much better week than the last.

TheSongSalad didn't make any picks.

There is a three way tie for second place. Should be enough distraction for the person above and below the pile to make their move. :P

Week 8 Schedule:

BAL @ ATL
DET @ BUF
CIN @ IND
NYJ @ CLE
MIN @ CHI
HOU @ JAC
TEN @ MIA
CAR @ TB
KC @ DEN
STL @ SF
SEA @ ARI
DAL @ NYG
NE @ PIT
PHI @ WAS

Byes: Packers, Saints, Raiders, Chargers

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-10 19:15:38

BAL @ ATL - BAL
DET @ BUF - BUF
CIN @ IND - IND
NYJ @ CLE - CLE
MIN @ CHI - CHI
HOU @ JAC - HOU
TEN @ MIA - TEN
CAR @ TB - TB
KC @ DEN - KC
STL @ SF - STL
SEA @ ARI - ARI
DAL @ NYG - NYG
NE @ PIT - PIT
PHI @ WAS - PHI

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-10 20:02:05

Week 10 Picks:
BAL @ ATL - Falcons
DET @ BUF - Bills O.o
CIN @ IND - Colts
NYJ @ CLE - Jets
MIN @ CHI - Bears
HOU @ JAC - Texans
TEN @ MIA - Dolphins
CAR @ TB - Bucs
KC @ DEN - Chiefs
STL @ SF - Rams
SEA @ ARI - Seahawks
DAL @ NYG - Giants
NE @ PIT - Steelers
PHI @ WAS - Eagles

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-10 21:19:31

I honestly believe that Detroit @ Buffalo is gonna be a shootout

It'll be a good game and hopefully Buffalo's defense can put pressure on the run like they did without falling apart in the secondary....like they did in Chicago

McGee will be back though so Calvin Johnson better watch out!