00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZombieGhost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

297,945 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-19 01:42:08

.8 points!?

ARE YOU FUCKING FO SRS!

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-19 02:07:26

At 10/18/10 06:04 PM, 34Deadman wrote: A question to my fellow members and NG visitors. Have you ever played Football(not pro but playing for your town team or something like that)?

Nah, never played. I just played soccer in HS.

About the hard hits, I don't like the NFL's ruling on it. What's to say is a 'devastating' hit is. They didn't specify if it's only a helmet to helmet hit or if it just knocks a player out for a game and not for the season. Out of last week's hits the only issue I had was with James Harrison's two; he was deliberately trying to make contact with the head. That's what the NFL should be going after, but knowing them they are probably to in to start going after hard hits like Dunta Robinson's on Jackson which was bad, but not deliberate.

At 10/19/10 01:25 AM, EternitySpent wrote: Also, bad week in NG fantasy for me. Down by 30 after Sunday, when the combined efforts of Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson got me within 2 points, just to end up losing anyway.

In the other NG league, by the narrowest of margins. . .

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-19 17:26:52

At 10/19/10 01:42 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: .8 points!?

ARE YOU FUCKING FO SRS!

Rofl 6-0 here

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-19 23:30:54

At 10/19/10 02:07 AM, reverend wrote:
At 10/18/10 06:04 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
About the hard hits, I don't like the NFL's ruling on it. What's to say is a 'devastating' hit is. They didn't specify if it's only a helmet to helmet hit or if it just knocks a player out for a game and not for the season.

The ironic thing about this is for decades, the NFL has used the hard hit route to boost their appeal to everyone, especially the one segment called "Jacked Up" on ESPN, where it showed players getting laid out.

Out of last week's hits the only issue I had was with James Harrison's two; he was deliberately trying to make contact with the head. That's what the NFL should be going after, but knowing them they are probably to in to start going after hard hits like Dunta Robinson's on Jackson which was bad, but not deliberate.

Harrison should have gotten suspended, and I know that this isn't the first time he has done this. Of course Dunta's was a little more tricky because Jackson moved into Dunta's head, which would've made it impossible for Jackson to get his head out of the way. To prevent this from getting out of hand, the NFL decided to fine all 3 guys and then sent a warning that if you headhunt like that, then you will be suspended.

Makes me wonder why they didn't do something like this in the 70s, because back then, if you had a concussion, you would only sit out for a couple minutes and then get back on. They were ignorant about the long term effects of concussions, and now a lot of the players from that era are dying young. Granted, the players back then weren't as strong or fast as they are today, nor the equipment wasn't as advanced either, but in retrospect, they should have done something about concussions.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-19 23:51:15

I personally ike the steelers now i know a lot of people on the internet hate the steelers and shit but i live in pennsylvania so for me its not a bad thing

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-20 20:51:27

Week 6 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
orangebomb, illuminate - 10 wins

Most Losses This Week:
Gobblemeister - 8 losses

[ Rank ] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Prev. Rank ]

>>>01 ] [ 54-36 ] [ .600 ] [ EternitySpent ]
>>>-- ] [ 54-35 ] [ .607 ] [ illuminate ]
>>>03 ] [ 52-38 ] [ .578 ] [ reverend ]
>>>04 ] [ 51-38 ] [ .573 ] [ 36Holla ]
>>>05 ] [ 49-41 ] [ .544 ] [ Fro ]
>>>06 ] [ 43-31 ] [ .581 ] [ orangebomb ]
>>>07 ] [ 39-33 ] [ .542 ] [ 34Deadman ]
>>>08 ] [ 38-36 ] [ .514 ] [ Gooch ]
>>>09 ] [ 32-42 ] [ .432 ] [ Gobblemeister ]
>>>10 ] [ 29-15 ] [ .659 ] [ TheSongSalad ]

Inactive:

>>>-- ] [ 11-5 ] [.687 ] [ Pandamir ]
>>>-- ] [ 17-13 ] [ .567 ] [ puddinN64 ]

Week 6 Rankings

orangebomb: 10-4
illuminate: 10-4
34Deadman: 9-5
36Holla: 8-6
EternitySpent: 8-6
reverend: 8-6
Fro: 8-6
Gooch: 7-7
Gobblemeister: 6-8

Comments:

The list get's a bit cleaner as puddinN64 hasn't made picks again. Off the list he goes.

TheSongSalad hasn't made picks this week either. He had the best winning percentage up to date, but doesn't look like he'll make it to the best if he doesn't make picks.

Remember, if you notice any mistakes please tell me.

Week 6 Schedule:

CIN @ ATL
PIT @ MIA
BUF @ BAL
JAC @ KC
CLE @ NO
WAS @ CHI
SF @ CAR
STL @ TB
PHI @ TEN
ARI @ SEA
NE @ SD
OAK @ DEN
MIN @ GB

Byes: Lions, Texans, Colts, Jets

---------

At 10/16/10 04:45 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
Tebow thinks he is a running back. That's why he messed up his ribs. Anyway Bronco's will have a tough time throwing since Jets D can crumble a offense to it's knees.

And just like I predicted they used him to run the ball and he was successful with it. In fact, Denver had 8 people carry the ball and they went well over 100 yards rushing. It seems they need to change up the position like this to be successful. I have no doubt in my mind that Tebow touches the ball as many times as he did last week if not much more.

At 10/18/10 06:04 PM, 34Deadman wrote: A question to my fellow members and NG visitors. Have you ever played Football(not pro but playing for your town team or something like that)?

Oh not pro? I'm assuming you weren't talking about semi-pro anyway. Yes, I played in both high school and at the semi-pro level. In high school I was the middle linebacker and fullback. In semi-pro I played safety and a lot of different positions on offense.

Man, if they fined players in high school I'd probably be neck deep in debt. It's one of the ways that I made myself defensive player of the year in the league.

At 10/19/10 05:26 PM, illuminate wrote:
Rofl 6-0 here

I'm also 6-0 in my league. I play the next best person this week, which is my fiance. She knows much more about football then she leads on to.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-20 21:22:11

I'm beginning to question why I even try, but hey, my luck has to turn eventually

CIN @ ATL- ATL
PIT @ MIA- PIT
BUF @ BAL- BAL
JAC @ KC- KC
CLE @ NO- NO
WAS @ CHI- CHI
SF @ CAR- SF
STL @ TB- STL
PHI @ TEN- TEN
ARI @ SEA- SEA
NE @ SD- NE
OAK @ DEN- DEN
MIN @ GB- GB

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-20 22:36:57

At 10/20/10 08:51 PM, Fro wrote: Week 6 Standings
Most Losses This Week:
Gobblemeister - 8 losses

Come on Gobble....

[ Rank ] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Prev. Rank ]

>>>01 ] [ 54-36 ] [ .600 ] [ EternitySpent ]
>>>-- ] [ 54-35 ] [ .607 ] [ illuminate ]
>>>03 ] [ 52-38 ] [ .578 ] [ reverend ]
>>>04 ] [ 51-38 ] [ .573 ] [ 36Holla ]
>>>05 ] [ 49-41 ] [ .544 ] [ Fro ]
>>>06 ] [ 43-31 ] [ .581 ] [ orangebomb ]
>>>07 ] [ 39-33 ] [ .542 ] [ 34Deadman ]
>>>08 ] [ 38-36 ] [ .514 ] [ Gooch ]

Yes got passed Gooch!

>>>09 ] [ 32-42 ] [ .432 ] [ Gobblemeister ]
>>>10 ] [ 29-15 ] [ .659 ] [ TheSongSalad ]
Week 6 Schedule:

Okay let the predicting begin!

CIN @ ATL

CIN here

PIT @ MIA

PIT

BUF @ BAL

BAL

JAC @ KC

KC

CLE @ NO

NO

WAS @ CHI

WAS(not really sure who will there pretty much at the same level to me)

SF @ CAR

CAR

STL @ TB

STL. I need Bradford back in his A game having Flacco as a back up sorta back fired on me these days(still keeping him though).

PHI @ TEN

PHI

ARI @ SEA

ARI. The Seahawks are sorta dead now.

NE @ SD

I don't like both much but New England will win this one.

OAK @ DEN

DEN. I love having Kyle as my QB but not many people pick him up in Free agency in my leagues(then I take him haha) he is good better then Romo and Brady right now anyway.

MIN @ GB

This is the must watch game of the week. Brett Farve seeing his former team and fans will be good. This is a tough call but I am going with MIN(going to regret it I think...)

At 10/16/10 04:45 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
Tebow thinks he is a running back. That's why he messed up his ribs. Anyway Bronco's will have a tough time throwing since Jets D can crumble a offense to it's knees.
And just like I predicted they used him to run the ball and he was successful with it. In fact, Denver had 8 people carry the ball and they went well over 100 yards rushing. It seems they need to change up the position like this to be successful. I have no doubt in my mind that Tebow touches the ball as many times as he did last week if not much more.

Tebow is a threat big time. I don't like the idea of a QB running much but that is Tebow's thing. He ran a bunch in college and will do the same in the NFL. Denver found there new running attack in him( I think they wanted a RB but Tebow fits the bill).

Oh not pro? I'm assuming you weren't talking about semi-pro anyway.

I only meant former or active NFL players(doubt any NFL player hangs here). Semi-pro is what I also asked.
Yes, I played in both high school and at the semi-pro level. In high school I was the middle linebacker and fullback. In semi-pro I played safety and a lot of different positions on offense.

Man, if they fined players in high school I'd probably be neck deep in debt. It's one of the ways that I made myself defensive player of the year in the league.

lol I play rough when I get really annoyed. Never got flagged for anything. Even if I did holding, off sides and face mask(I rarely did that).

At 10/19/10 05:26 PM, illuminate wrote:
Rofl 6-0 here
I'm also 6-0 in my league. I play the next best person this week, which is my fiance. She knows much more about football then she leads on to.

Perfect records(lucky)? I got only 2-4 or 3-3 and I have a rare 4-2. You'r playing against your fiance? Let the battle of the sexes begin lol.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-20 23:18:59

At 10/20/10 08:51 PM, Fro wrote: Week 6 Standings
orangebomb: 10-4

2 weeks in a row, but no time to get cocky yet.

CIN @ ATL

I have got to go with Atlanta in a hard fought game, I'm not going to push the panic button yet on Cincy, but I'm awfully close.

PIT @ MIA

I got Miami in an upset, eventully Pittsburgh will fall back to Earth

BUF @ BAL

Dare I pick the upset here? Nope, I've got Baltimore easily winning at home.

JAC @ KC

The Chiefs will bounce back, and pretty much run away with the division starting this week.

CLE @ NO

New Orleans, and I don't see them struggling very much against a pathetic Browns team.

WAS @ CHI

I've got to go with the Skins

SF @ CAR

49ers makes it 2 in a row.

STL @ TB

Wham Bam thank you Rams

PHI @ TEN

This could be the game of the week, the Eagles win in a close contest.

ARI @ SEA

Seahawks

NE @ SD

Patriots win easily, San Diego is sinking faster than the Lehman Bros. stock.

OAK @ DEN

The Raiders conquer at Mile High.

MIN @ GB

Randy Moss will begin to pay dividends for Minnesota, and they will win against a shattered Green Bay team.

DAL @ NYG

I think everyone forgot about this game for some reason. The New York Football Giants wins.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-21 00:16:48

At 10/20/10 11:18 PM, orangebomb wrote:
DAL @ NYG
I think everyone forgot about this game for some reason. The New York Football Giants wins.

Fro didn't mention it. Anyway the Giants will take it home again. You a giants fan orangebomb?

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-22 22:28:11

Week 7 Picks
CIN @ ATL - Ravens
PIT @ MIA - Steelers
BUF @ BAL - Ravens
JAC @ KC - Chiefs
CLE @ NO - Saints
WAS @ CHI - Bears
SF @ CAR - Panthers
STL @ TB - Rams
PHI @ TEN - Eagles
ARI @ SEA - Seahawks
NE @ SD - Pats
OAK @ DEN - Broncos
MIN @ GB - Packers
DAL @ NYG - Giants

=======

Well obviously #1 OU and #11 Mizzou is the game of this week. I'm a little nervous to be honest since OU don't really do too well on the road. We'll see what will happens, but I'm hoping for a Sooner win but will not be overly surprised if they lose.

#6 LSU and #4 Auburn is going to be great as well. Well see if Les Miles team is underrated or if Auburn is overrated.

Other games of note are #13 Wisconsin at #15 Iowa, #16 Nebraska at #14 OkState.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-22 22:32:26

At 10/22/10 10:28 PM, reverend wrote: Other games of note are #13 Wisconsin at #15 Iowa, #16 Nebraska at #14 OkState.

GO BADGERS

Wisconsin needs to play this game like they did the OSU game. They need to get a lead early and play solid defense to help compensate for any difficulty they find on offense.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-22 23:34:37

At 10/22/10 10:28 PM, reverend wrote:
Well obviously #1 OU and #11 Mizzou is the game of this week. I'm a little nervous to be honest since OU don't really do too well on the road. We'll see what will happens, but I'm hoping for a Sooner win but will not be overly surprised if they lose.

Oklahoma may be #1 ranked, but even if they win, {which I say they will} Oregon will be the next No. 1 team, considering how they have annihilated everyone so far on offense. I don't see anyone outside of the SEC, or maybe USC stopping Oregon now.

#6 LSU and #4 Auburn is going to be great as well. Well see if Les Miles team is underrated or if Auburn is overrated.

This is the game of the week by far, and whoever wins this game has the inside track to be in the title game.

#13 Wisconsin at #15 Iowa,

This is a trap game for Wisconsin after their crushing win over a vastly overrated OSU team, although if they stick with their game plan, then they will be fine.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-23 10:21:13

If everyone would make there list like this or at least not spread out like it would be when quoting you'll actually save me about 3 or more minutes when I'm making the lists.

CIN @ ATL - Falcons
PIT @ MIA - Steelers
BUF @ BAL - Ravens
JAC @ KC - Chiefs
CLE @ NO - Saints
WAS @ CHI - Washington
SF @ CAR - 49rs
STL @ TB - Rams
PHI @ TEN - Eagles
ARI @ SEA - Seahawks
NE @ SD - Pats
OAK @ DEN - Broncos
MIN @ GB - Vikings
DAL @ NYG - Giants

At 10/20/10 10:36 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
Tebow is a threat big time. I don't like the idea of a QB running much but that is Tebow's thing. He ran a bunch in college and will do the same in the NFL. Denver found there new running attack in him( I think they wanted a RB but Tebow fits the bill).

I think it's quite obvious that they don't have a running back problem. What they have is a offensive line problem. None of them can get off the ball and block like the rest of the league. This is why I'm impressed with Orton even more this season.

lol I play rough when I get really annoyed. Never got flagged for anything. Even if I did holding, off sides and face mask(I rarely did that).

I was only flagged for holding once. I didn't even mean too. The guys arm got wrapped around mine in a weird way that it just made it look like I was pulling his arm or something.

You'r playing against your fiance? Let the battle of the sexes begin lol.

I might have to talk her into letting me win. :P

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-23 11:23:20

Week 7:

Chiefs > Jags
Titans > Eagles
Ravens > Bills
Saints > Browns
Bears > Redskins
Falcons > Bengals
Steelers > Dolphins
Panthers > 49ers
Rams > Bucs
Seahawks > Cardinals
Patriots > Chargers
Broncos > Raiders
Vikings > Packers
Cowboys > Giants

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-23 15:15:00

CIN @ ATL -Hotlanta
PIT @ MIA - Pitt
BUF @ BAL - Baltimore
JAC @ KC - Kansas City
CLE @ NO - New Owrlins
WAS @ CHI - Washington
SF @ CAR - San Fran
STL @ TB - St. Lou
PHI @ TEN - Philly
ARI @ SEA - Seattle
NE @ SD - New England
OAK @ DEN - Denver
MIN @ GB - Minnesota
DAL @ NYG - Dallas

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-23 15:40:23

At 10/20/10 11:18 PM, orangebomb wrote:
CIN @ ATL

I'm going with Atlanta on this one. Mainly cause it just seems like the bengals are in a bit of a rut and just can't seem to get their act together. In which case they would need to do against a team like Atlanta.

PIT @ MIA

Pittsburgh. Mainly because they just got Big ben back and things are really clicking for that team right now.

BUF @ BAL

Baltimore with the easy win on this one. But hopefully the bills can make something happen to turn their bad luck streak around, But sadly enough it wont be in this game.

JAC @ KC

Going with Jacksonville. With Jones-Drew driving the team i see it hard for KC to beat them in this one.

CLE @ NO
New Orleans, and I don't see them struggling very much against a pathetic Browns team.

Seconded.

WAS @ CHI

I'm going to go with Chicago. I know the Skins will probably win but i have a feeling that the Bears might just have something up their sleeve for this game.

SF @ CAR

San Fran for the win against the 0-5 Panthers.

STL @ TB

The Bucks will take this one in what might be a close game.

PHI @ TEN

The Titans will beat the Eagles I think in this game. But will by no means be an easy accomplishment to pull off.

ARI @ SEA

Arizona for the win.

NE @ SD

Pats will take this one decisively.

OAK @ DEN

The Broncos will take the cake over their long time rivals.

MIN @ GB

With the Packers suffering from so many key injuries i see it harly possible for them to win this game against a strong Viking football team.

DAL @ NYG

Well the Giants should go ahead and put Romo on their roster cause he will be their best player in this game.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-23 17:02:12

Chiefs < Jags
Titans > Eagles
Ravens > Bills
Saints > Browns
Bears< Redskins
Falcons > Bengals
Steelers > Dolphins
Panthers < 49ers
Rams > Bucs
Seahawks > Cardinals
Patriots > Chargers
Broncos > Raiders
Vikings < Packers
Cowboys < Giants

sorry I missed last week. computer issues.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-23 18:15:15

At 10/23/10 10:21 AM, Fro wrote:
At 10/20/10 10:36 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
I think it's quite obvious that they don't have a running back problem. What they have is a offensive line problem. None of them can get off the ball and block like the rest of the league. This is why I'm impressed with Orton even more this season.

I like Orton's skills. Why not everyone tries to get him in a fantasy draft right away is werid but that doesn't stop me ;) but about there line nothing a few draft picks can fix am I right?

I was only flagged for holding once. I didn't even mean too. The guys arm got wrapped around mine in a weird way that it just made it look like I was pulling his arm or something.

You'r playing against your fiance? Let the battle of the sexes begin lol.
I might have to talk her into letting me win. :P

Bring flowers and kiss up to her Fro haha.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-23 19:00:14

WISCONSIN WINS!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-24 02:02:34

Week 6 Schedule:

CIN @ ATL

Atlanta

PIT @ MIA

Pittsburgh

BUF @ BAL

Baltimore

JAC @ KC

Kansas City

CLE @ NO

New Orleans

WAS @ CHI

Chicago

SF @ CAR

San Francisco

STL @ TB

Tampa Bay

PHI @ TEN

Tennessee

ARI @ SEA

Seattle

NE @ SD

New England

OAK @ DEN

Denver

MIN @ GB

Green Bay

NYG @ DAL

Dallas (why)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-24 19:34:52

At 10/24/10 06:55 PM, Nivis wrote: watching the Broncos Raiders game, just wanting the raiders to keep making touchdowns so I can get orton back out on the field

i lol'd

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-24 19:42:08

I'm so Goddamn sick of the Bengals losing.

Visual representation of the Bengals's 2010 NFL Season.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-24 19:45:19

What the hell is wrong with the Saints? They were manhandled by a pathetic Browns team, it's almost like the Browns are worldbeaters against Super Bowl winners, and are shit against everyone else. I think it's safe to say that the Saints are vastly overrated, especially when you lose to a team like the Browns, at home no less.

Bengals are reverting back to a couple years ago when they couldn't stop anyone on defense yet again. What makes it so disturbing is the fact that their total defense last year was in the top 5, and yet they get carved up like they did. Of course Atlanta has a very good offense too, but giving up that many points means they are red flags on a team that is arguably one of the most talented teams in the league. I guess the only good news is that their toughest games from here on are going to be at home, where they generally play better than at the road.

And how about the beatdown the Raiders lay on Denver, just like the good old days, of course I said the Raiders were going to win. Let's see if they can keep that up next week.

The Dolphins got hosed today, Roethlisberger fumbled before he crossed the goal line, and the defense recovered the ball, yet the refs gave that one away, Is it me, or is Pittsburgh simply getting away with everything now? I'm going to lean towards the latter.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-24 23:44:11

At 10/24/10 08:55 PM, Nivis wrote:
At 10/24/10 07:45 PM, orangebomb wrote: They were manhandled by a pathetic Browns team
I wouldnt say they were pathetic at all, overall they may not have many star players at all, however Hillis is looking very very promising and is putting up good numbers, and Colt McCoy is doing well

Maybe, but the Saints should've taken care of business especially coming off of last week's beatdown of Tampa Bay. Now the bigger question is the Saints overrated?

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-25 00:37:17

At 10/24/10 11:44 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 10/24/10 08:55 PM, Nivis wrote:
At 10/24/10 07:45 PM, orangebomb wrote: They were manhandled by a pathetic Browns team
I wouldnt say they were pathetic at all, overall they may not have many star players at all, however Hillis is looking very very promising and is putting up good numbers, and Colt McCoy is doing well
Maybe, but the Saints should've taken care of business especially coming off of last week's beatdown of Tampa Bay. Now the bigger question is the Saints overrated?

I think all that Super Bowl Champion street cred is out the window with this horrible loss at home to the Browns,anybody can beat the Aints this year.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-25 03:50:25

At 10/24/10 07:34 PM, illuminate wrote: i lol'd

As did I. I was completely in awe at how the Raiders came out in the first quarter, then they just kept it up the whole game. It was unreal. Campbell didn't look like he was better than Gradkowski yet, so I don't see this blowout giving him the starting job. We've got the NFC West leading Seahawks next week, and they're not to be taken lightly. Only game that is left on the Raiders schedule that they should have a real advantage in is the feeble Jaguars in a couple weeks. Gonna have to really light it up if they hope to make 9-7.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-25 20:54:27

Our running game and our defense gave us the win. When Denver isn't using a running game to change up the passing, and with Asomugha all up on Brandon Lloyd's already-overrated ass, it becomes a lot harder to force the issue with Orton, especially because Moreno, as good of a runner as he is, isn't a great receiving back, and neither is Buckhalter (that i'm aware of; perhaps he improved since his Eagles days).

Orton had a bad day, but McDaniels' play-calling and Denver's lack of receiving depth ultimately did them in.

Nonetheless, I'll have to rewind the game tape on this and beat off for about a week.

For real though, what a fucking win...does it make up for our almost-decade-long level of instability and ineptitude? By no means...but it certainly does lessen the sting for a little while, and gives me something to remember the 2010 season for, even if we end up falling flat on our faces once again.

Also, how weird is it going to look in the Oakland record books that Jason Campbell was the QB that led us to a team record for points in a single game? Somewhere out there, Rich Gannon shed a single tear.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-26 03:49:53

At 10/26/10 02:54 AM, Nivis wrote: to Tony Romo has a broken collarbone, I can see the 1-15 already...

Dallas Cowboys season in a facial expression.

Gotta love it

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-26 06:46:36

At 10/25/10 08:54 PM, Buddhist wrote: Orton had a bad day, but McDaniels' play-calling and Denver's lack of receiving depth ultimately did them in.

Getting rid of Brandon Marshall was a mistake for sure. I don't know what is going through McDaniels brain sometimes. He's lucky Cutler looks like shit in Chicago or people would be calling for his head.

For real though, what a fucking win...does it make up for our almost-decade-long level of instability and ineptitude? By no means...but it certainly does lessen the sting for a little while, and gives me something to remember the 2010 season for, even if we end up falling flat on our faces once again.

I think it was the '08 season opener maybe? It was a Monday night game between the Raiders and Broncos. Cutler was still there then. They absolutely destroyed the Raiders in every aspect of the game and it ended up being way too lopsided of a victory. It was a hell of a loss and I think it ruined the composure of the young team and that year was the downward spiral of Russell. Every time we play the Broncos, I think back to that game. It was amazing to watch Oakland rout them. We haven't won a game convincingly in a long time. Just the fact that we did that to any NFL team means that we're improving drastically. The players aren't quitting like normal, and they're putting on as much pressure as they can. I love it.

Also, how weird is it going to look in the Oakland record books that Jason Campbell was the QB that led us to a team record for points in a single game? Somewhere out there, Rich Gannon shed a single tear.

Very weird. Especially if my hunch is correct and Gradkowski ends the quarterback controversy by becoming a franchise quarterback. Then this is pretty much the only year Jason Campbell will have had much playing time. Wouldn't have gone down in history or anything, except this big win. Gotta credit the defense and the run game mostly though. Campbell just had a normal performance. I loved how much we were able to spread the ball around running it. So many different people had touches. That puts a defense off balance. Looking forward to the Seattle game next weekend. They've looked tough, but so have we. If we can win that game convincingly, then I'd say we're well within reaching the playoffs, as weird as that feels to type. Haha.