00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PancracioChoco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

297,942 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-26 11:30:33

How 'bout dem Cowchips?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-26 14:11:36

I dunno that Gradkowski evolves into a franchise-altering QB, but he could very easily be the team leader both in the clubhouse and on the field, with his grind-it-out style of play.

Campbell just doesn't have the pocket instincts. He's a very good football player, and obviously a talented athlete, but ultimately if you can't make a quick, correct decision in the pocket, you're going to be exposed very quickly. And Kyle Boller is...well, he's fucking Kyle Boller. Come on.

also, lol Romo...that hit had to SUCK though. Gettin' driven shoulder-first into the ground by a lineman with such force that your clavicle just snaps like a twig...that's no fun.

Good to see the resurrection of Jon Kitna though. He always finds a way to start, sort of like Kerry Collins but less talented. That being said, I'm now very interested in seeing how he clicks with old teammate Roy Williams...I have Roy in one fantasy league and was planning to make the move to drop him this week because I have some receiving depth, but I get the feeling that Kitna is more familiar with him than Witten or Dez Bryant, and that might tip the balance of targets more in his favor. Just an idea though.

Odds that Favre starts this week? I'll go 80-20.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-26 23:25:39

At 10/26/10 02:11 PM, Buddhist wrote:
also, lol Romo...that hit had to SUCK though. Gettin' driven shoulder-first into the ground by a lineman with such force that your clavicle just snaps like a twig...that's no fun.

It seems like the Giants hate other QBs, because other than Peyton Manning, every other QB that the Giants defense gets their hands on, let's just say they end up with a big boo-boo {concussion, broken collarbone, Todd Collins, etc.} Now if only the Bengals had a front 7 like the Giants, they wouldn't be where they are now.

Good to see the resurrection of Jon Kitna though. He always finds a way to start, sort of like Kerry Collins but less talented. That being said, I'm now very interested in seeing how he clicks with old teammate Roy Williams...I have Roy in one fantasy league and was planning to make the move to drop him this week because I have some receiving depth, but I get the feeling that Kitna is more familiar with him than Witten or Dez Bryant, and that might tip the balance of targets more in his favor. Just an idea though.

It's going to be a hell of a long season for the Cryboys, especially when they have to rely on Jon Kitna. His 2 biggest highlights are choking away a lead against a 6-seeded Steeler team that had one of the worst offenses in the league, in the first round of the '05 playoffs. {fuck you Kimo and Bill Cowher}, and 3 years later when he {and a bunch of other misfits} lead the Detroit Lions to an 0-16 season. But maybe this time, Both of them may be productive this year, even if they are a cellar dweller team.

Odds that Favre starts this week? I'll go 80-20.

More than likely, he'll start. Minnesota sold their proverbial souls to get his old ass, and now they got to milk it for all its worth. By now, you would hafta feel sorry for Jackson now.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-27 02:03:23

4-0 with all my fantasy teams for the first time all year. Crap, my teams suck.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-28 21:02:32

Week 7 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
Gooch - 10 Wins

Most Losses This Week:
Nivis, 34Deadman - 8 Losses

[ Rank ] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Prev. Rank ]

>>>01 ] [ 63-40 ] [ .612 ] [ illuminate ]
>>>02 ] [ 62-42 ] [ .596 ] [ EternitySpent ]
>>>03 ] [ 61-43 ] [ .587 ] [ reverend ]
>>>04 ] [ 58-45 ] [ .563 ] [ 36Holla ]
>>>05 ] [ 57-47 ] [ .548 ] [ Fro ]
>>>06 ] [ 51-37 ] [ .580 ] [ orangebomb ]
>>>07 ] [ 48-40 ] [ .545 ] [ Gooch ]
>>>08 ] [ 45-41 ] [ .523 ] [ 34Deadman ]
>>>09 ] [ 41-47 ] [ .467 ] [ Gobblemeister ]
>>>10 ] [ 38-20 ] [ .655 ] [ TheSongSalad ]
>>>11 ] [ 18-15 ] [ .545 ] [ Pandamir ]
>>>12 ] [ 6-8 ] [ .429 ] [ Nivis ]

Inactive:

>>>-- ] [ 17-13 ] [ .567 ] [ puddinN64 ]

Week 7 Rankings

Gooch: 10-4
Gobblemeister: 9-5
reverend: 9-5
TheSongSalad: 9-5
illuminate: 9-5
Fro: 8-6
orangebomb: 8-6
EternitySpent: 8-6
36Holla: 7-7
Pandamir: 7-7
34Deadman: 6-8
Nivis: 6-8

Comments:

Only thirteen games this week.

I'm happy I kept Pandamir on the list because the user made picks.

Gooch comes back after a lot of losing to be the top picker this week.

I finally break my 7-7 streak that I've had almost every week.

We have a new number 1 in illuminate.

Nivis made their first picks.

I'm still undefeated in fantasy football. Even though I beat my fiance, she's still in 1st place in her division.

Week 8 Schedule:

DEN @ SF (In London)
JAC @ DAL
MIA @ CIN
BUF @ KC
WAS @ DET
CAR @ STL
GB @ NYJ
TEN @ SD
MIN @ NE
TB @ ARI
SEA @ OAK
PIT @ NO
HOU @ IND

Byes: Falcons, Ravens, Bears, Browns, Giants, Eagles

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-28 21:10:30

DEN @ SF - Denver
JAC @ DAL - Dallas
MIA @ CIN - Dolphins
BUF @ KC - Chiefs
WAS @ DET - Washington
CAR @ STL - Rams
GB @ NYJ - Jets
TEN @ SD - Titans
MIN @ NE - Patriots
TB @ ARI - Bucs
SEA @ OAK - Seattle
PIT @ NO - Steelers
HOU @ IND - Colts

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-28 21:34:30

DEN @ SF - Denver
JAC @ DAL - Dallas
MIA @ CIN - Miami
BUF @ KC - KC
WAS @ DET - Detroit
CAR @ STL - St Louis
GB @ NYJ - Jets
TEN @ SD - Tennessee
MIN @ NE - New England
TB @ ARI - Arizona
SEA @ OAK - Oakland
PIT @ NO - Pitt
HOU @ IND - Indy

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-28 22:19:57

At 10/28/10 09:02 PM, Fro wrote:
Pandamir: 7-7

Well hell nothing wrong with a solid .500 score. And here are my picks for the week:

DEN @ SF - Denver
JAC @ DAL - Jacksonville
MIA @ CIN - Miami
BUF @ KC - Kansas City
WAS @ DET - Washington
CAR @ STL - St. Louis
GB @ NYJ - Green Bay
TEN @ SD - Tennessee
MIN @ NE - New England
TB @ ARI - Arizona
SEA @ OAK - Oakland
PIT @ NO - Pittsburgh
HOU @ IND - Indianapolis

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-28 23:38:07

Week 8 Schedule:
DEN @ SF (In London)

These two are so bad, I kind of feel sorry for the Brits who have to watch this crap. I'm going with Denver.

JAC @ DAL

Tony Romo is basically done for the season, but I see Dallas winning here, because Jacksonville is pathetic.

MIA @ CIN

I'm not going to give up on the Bengals yet, they finally got their offense back together and now it's the defense's turn to pull their weight, Bengals win in a close one.

BUF @ KC

Dare I pick another upset here? nope, I'm going with the Chiefs to win easily.

WAS @ DET

I've got Detroit in a minor upset here, Washington is the most inconsistent team out there and that will bite them in the ass here.

CAR @ STL

St. Louis wins to get back to .500.

GB @ NYJ

Jets is the best team in the NFL, and they will prove it here with a win.

TEN @ SD

Titans win against a San Diego team that screws up just about everything on the field.

MIN @ NE

Randy Moss may have motovation to burn his old team, but that isn't going to happen when the Old Gunslinger is banged up as he is. Patriots in a shootout win.

TB @ ARI

I have to go with Tampa Bay here, I guess they are like cockroaches, you can't get rid of them.

SEA @ OAK

This is a statement game for both teams, and the Raiders will win at home.

PIT @ NO

Pittsburgh got lucky last week, I've got New Orleans in a close one.

HOU @ IND

Colts have revenge on their minds, and Houston has the worst pass defense in the league, the Colts win.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-29 00:47:20

Week 8 Schedule:

DEN @ SF (In London)

Denver

JAC @ DAL

Dallas

MIA @ CIN

Miami

BUF @ KC

Kansas City

WAS @ DET

Washington

CAR @ STL

St.Louis

GB @ NYJ

N.Y Jets

TEN @ SD

Tennessee

MIN @ NE

New England

TB @ ARI

Tampa Bay

SEA @ OAK

Seattle

PIT @ NO

Pittsburgh

HOU @ IND

Indianapolis

Yay for being #1 ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-29 08:06:57

Week 8 Picks
DEN @ SF - Denver
JAC @ DAL - Dallas
MIA @ CIN - Cinncy
BUF @ KC - Kansas City
WAS @ DET - Washington
CAR @ STL - St. Louis
GB @ NYJ - New York
TEN @ SD - Tennessee
MIN @ NE - New England
TB @ ARI - Tampa Bay
SEA @ OAK - Seattle
PIT @ NO - New Orleans
HOU @ IND - Indianapolis

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-29 15:36:30

DEN @ SF - Denver
JAC @ DAL - Dallas
MIA @ CIN - Dolphins
BUF @ KC - Chiefs
WAS @ DET - Washington
CAR @ STL - Rams
GB @ NYJ - Jets
TEN @ SD - Titans
MIN @ NE - Patriots
TB @ ARI - ARI
SEA @ OAK - Seattle
PIT @ NO - Steelers
HOU @ IND - Colts

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-29 23:26:09

1 Auburn at Ole Miss
2 Oregon at USC
4 TCU at UNLV
5 Michigan State at 18 Iowa
6 Mizzou at 14 Nebraska
8 Utah at Air Force

Do I need to say more?
I see MSU and Mizzou losing, toss up for Utah, and wins for TCU, Oregon, and Auburn.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-30 11:21:52

Week 8:

Packers > Jets
Cowboys > Jags
Bengals > Dolphins
Lions > Redskins
Chiefs > Bills
Panthers > Rams
Broncos > 49ers
Titans > Chargers
Cardinals > Bucs
Patriots > Vikings
Seahawks > Raiders
Steelers > Saints
Colts > Texans

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-30 13:42:09

DEN @ SF: San Fran
JAC @ DAL: JAC
MIA @ CIN: Miami (I have no faith in my home team anymore...)
BUF @ KC: Buffalo
WAS @ DET: Washington
CAR @ STL: CAR
GB @ NYJ: New York
TEN @ SD: San Diego
MIN @ NE: New England (Brett Favre is done...)
TB @ ARI: Arizona
SEA @ OAK: SEA
PIT @ NO: Pittsburgh (C'mon, the freakin' Browns took down New Orleans)
HOU @ IND: Indiana

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-31 17:19:06

Once again, the Bengals found a way to lose yet again, and what made it worse is that they were keeping Miami to FGs until the 4th Quarter. And it seems like that Palmer has turned himself into a younger Brett Farve with his wild throws and costly interceptions at the end of games, whereas last year you would not see him do any of that. Without a shadow of a doubt, they are the AFC version of the Dallas Cowboys, talented in almost every position, yet dysfunctional enough to shoot themselves in the foot in almost every game.

So much for my Super Bowl predictions.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-31 21:02:33

hey, I'm sorta getting into NFL, i think its quite an entertaining sport. so I'm gonna enter this discussion.

also I'm english

Iron man is a superhero

Iron woman is a command

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-10-31 23:06:37

OAKLAND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jason campbell, over 300 yards!? i'm floored...we got lucky a lot today though, but the play-calling and effort have been fucking fantastic the past few games. Bring on KC.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-01 01:32:44

At 10/31/10 11:06 PM, Buddhist wrote: OAKLAND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jason campbell, over 300 yards!? i'm floored...we got lucky a lot today though, but the play-calling and effort have been fucking fantastic the past few games. Bring on KC.

Most of that was yards after catch. Campbell definitely had a great game, but it was because the run game was dominant and our defense is fucking VICIOUS all of a sudden. No matter what happens this year, there's definitely signs of greatness in our play that haven't been there in as long as I care to remember. KC is going to come in and try to run the football, which hasn't worked out for anyone the last two weeks. If we can shut down their run game and force Cassel to make the plays, we're going to get a lot of sacks, and a lot of momentum for our offense. If we win against the chiefs, we'll be a half game back from the division lead. I think we've got a pretty good shot at the playoffs if we can keep this momentum going. Lets hope for the best.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-01 09:41:30

I'm stunned to see so many predicted a Bronco's win yesterday- did everyone just forget the slaughtering they received at the hands of the Raiders?

I was at the game yesterday as a British Broncos fan, having lived in Denver 4 years ago (when they were at least play-off contenders). Going in to the game I was expecting poor quality all around, and wasn't disappointed- they were two woeful sides. Having said that I thought the game was fantastic as a spectacle, at least after half time (a polar opposite of last years bore-fest, which I also attended- that game was dead at half time, and the second half dragged on for an eternity). There were some decent plays (mostly overturned), and a decent crack at a comeback from the Broncos to finish.

I'll be writing a full report on my experiences at the match in the NG Press Crew for any interested, and should you attend any games in the future feel free to contribute to a club I am hoping will increase in popularity! (shameless plug over...)

As it is I'll just hope that next year Denver can improve and challenge- if nothing else their division is still pants, so there is always a chance!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-01 15:39:55

Randy Moss has just been waived by the Minnesota Vikings

lol what the fuck seriously,way to give up a free 3rd round pick Vikings.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moss ended up back in New England which would be hilarious but i'm thinking San Diego is a big possibility considering the 3-5 situation and lack of receivers for one of the best quarterbacks in the league in Phillip Rivers i mean Moss,Jackson (when he comes back) & Gates is a holy shit receiving combo.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-02 06:57:10

At 11/1/10 03:39 PM, illuminate wrote:
Randy Moss has just been waived by the Minnesota Vikings

lol what the fuck seriously,way to give up a free 3rd round pick Vikings.

Uh oh, Childress went and thought he could make big boy decisions all by himself. Good luck explaining why you did it to your boss. I expect Moss to be going to St. Louis. Don't ask me why.

Also I realized there's few things better than to have a near complete waiver wire team in a fantasy league and still be first place.

Rivers, Hillis, Benny G Ellis, Garcon, Amendola, Bess, Keller, Carpenter, Pittsburgh: 5-2-1

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-02 06:59:21

Well Moss won't go to a team that sucks, so I doubt we'll see him with the Rams. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots swing in and pick him back up. They've pulled this trick before. Free draft pick.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-02 07:07:02

At 11/2/10 06:59 AM, michelinman wrote: Well Moss won't go to a team that sucks, so I doubt we'll see him with the Rams. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots swing in and pick him back up. They've pulled this trick before. Free draft pick.

Except most people are saying that won't happen and that Belichick won't allow it. And Moss won't have much of a choice where he goes if he's claimed off waivers in the first 24 hours. Afterwards though...Moss to Chicago kthx.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-02 07:25:58

At 11/2/10 07:07 AM, 36Holla wrote: Except most people are saying that won't happen and that Belichick won't allow it. And Moss won't have much of a choice where he goes if he's claimed off waivers in the first 24 hours. Afterwards though...Moss to Chicago kthx.

Have at him. Moss back in Oakland is not exactly a thought I can stand. I'd prefer he stay out of our conference though.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-02 16:09:00

Oh and apparently THIS was part of the reason he got let go.

LMAO

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-02 17:57:45

Obviously he didn't try the veal. :P

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-02 23:28:12

At 11/2/10 04:09 PM, 36Holla wrote: Oh and apparently THIS was part of the reason he got let go.

LMAO

Shit, and I thought whats going on with the Bengals was worse.

In all seriousness, Childress is going to get his ass canned at the end of the season, unless they magically win the rest of their games and make a playoff run, {which isn't going to happen.} They do have good WRs, Adrian Peterson, and a good defense, but with so much chaos around the team between the Silver Fox, {Brett Farve}, Randy Moss and Childress, they're basically are flushing down their season, and most likely starting anew next season.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-03 14:46:51

At 11/2/10 11:28 PM, orangebomb wrote: In all seriousness, Childress is going to get his ass canned at the end of the season, unless they magically win the rest of their games and make a playoff run, {which isn't going to happen.} They do have good WRs, Adrian Peterson, and a good defense, but with so much chaos around the team between the Silver Fox, {Brett Farve}, Randy Moss and Childress, they're basically are flushing down their season, and most likely starting anew next season.

The Vikes are turning out to be like the Dallas Cowboys as in they were supposed to make the playoffs and it's looking like they won't. Favre is nowhere near as good as he was playing last year, and all this drama certainly won't help. Childress has mostly lost his locker room support and he will be going in the direction of Wade Phillips, John Fox, and Lovie Smith (I hope) with an assistants role next year with a different team.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-11-03 16:24:44

Oh and Tennessee got Moss. Meh.

BBS Signature