00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Concretepie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Keep your panties on guys.

21,639 Views | 405 Replies

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:34:13

At 7/12/09 02:30 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Hey guys, here is some software that will allow you to not be hacked.
Silly nooblets

I am not clicking that link.
hell nawz.

can someone here tell me if it's safe?

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:34:25

At 7/12/09 02:31 PM, BeefyBurlyBoy wrote: Dry-Ice on alt here.

All of you calm the fuck down, the situation is being dealt with. Stop feeding them, it's best if you just lurk and keep a low profile for a little bit. Everything will be returned back to normal in a few hours, just don't get your panties in a bunch.

We should delete this thread on go on BBS Lockdown. We should all just go outside and forget about this until it gets fixed.

I hate Poozy.

BBS Signature

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:35:49

everyone standby. I talked to poozy yesterday he said he is dealing with it. In a bit he will post DD members addresses and phone numbers. You can then have your revenge but please let the mods be. Don't worry you will get your revenge.

|Add me on XBL| My flash's|Thanks to SupraAddict for the awesome sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:35:56

don't get your panties in a bunch.

a perfect correction...

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:40:29

At 7/12/09 02:25 PM, Digital-Terror wrote:
At 7/12/09 02:22 PM, Elios wrote: Whatever happened the other day, is happening again.

The posts i made yesterday? Gone.

All of them. Again.
It might be a good idea to temporarily remove modship from most mods, except for a few trusted ones, until this whole thing blows over. I'm sure that a couple of mods and a few admins can keep this place clean for a little while, no?

Ridiculous Idea. We have this many mods for a reason, and so far, Wade has been able to react fast enough to avoid long lasting effects. Users being banned and posts being deleted isn't the end of the world.

Overreacting by demodding everyone would just give the impression that these people are winning.

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:42:09

At 7/12/09 02:34 PM, WingCommand wrote:

All of you calm the fuck down, the situation is being dealt with. Stop feeding them, it's best if you just lurk and keep a low profile for a little bit. Everything will be returned back to normal in a few hours, just don't get your panties in a bunch.
We should delete this thread on go on BBS Lockdown. We should all just go outside and forget about this until it gets fixed.

Outside? blashemy!
seriously though, this. Even if the entire bbs got deleted (which I doubt), life would go on.
If the main site gets attacked, however, this whole "duck division" will be put in jail and shit.

just a small rant from a noob, carry on.

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:42:35

At 7/12/09 02:41 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Since I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too awesome to be banned, which mod got hacked? Just curious.

Only if you say I'm cooler than you...

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:44:52

Wheres tom? We need an anouncement! A guidance!!!

Insert humorous comment about the below user.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dmabste rProductions

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:48:37

At 7/12/09 02:43 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
At 7/12/09 02:42 PM, EpicSuccess wrote:
At 7/12/09 02:41 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Since I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too awesome to be banned, which mod got hacked? Just curious.
Only if you say I'm cooler than you...
I'm cooler than you.

K, So who got hacked?

MightyPotato

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:50:05

For the love of god would half of you morons get a grip! It's embarassing to watch you all run about like headless chickens. Do half of you even know what phishing is?

You all talk about "DON'T CLICK LINKS U'LL GET HACKZORED",

You will not get your account compromised from clicking any link. How simple do you think internet security protocols are? Do you really believe that anyones password could be stolen from clicking a link?

Phishing means that they set up a fake website that looks like you are logging into newgrounds, but are really sending your security details elsewhere. This means the mods who fell for it have obviously been stupid/careless enough to not check the url of where they have been logging in as
I very much doubt these script kiddies are clever enough to set up javascript to position an image of a real newgrounds address above the address bar to hide the set-up.

It only takes abit of common sense to keep yourself safe. No need to become paranoid about changing your password or any of that rubbish. Yes, you will become secure, but at the end of the day, complex passwords only help protect you from bruteforcing, it doesn't protect you if you are still stupid enough hand over your details on a silver platter like was the case here.

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:52:13

Hiding in your alt is a good idea. Just make sure the passwords aren't the same. :P

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:54:43

Jesus christ... I get banned for posting a fake link to a fake "malicious" site as a joke? You guys need to all calm the fuck down.

I'm 12 years old and what is this?

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:55:32

At 7/12/09 02:25 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: It might be a good idea to temporarily remove modship from most mods, except for a few trusted ones, until this whole thing blows over. I'm sure that a couple of mods and a few admins can keep this place clean for a little while, no?

I predict with that there would be a shitload of "We can make fun of *insert temporarily demodded mod here* and he/she can't ban us!

BBS Signature

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:55:42

i'm scared...

BBS Signature

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:56:20

At 7/12/09 02:54 PM, SpamBurgeralt wrote: Jesus christ... I get banned for posting a fake link to a fake "malicious" site as a joke? You guys need to all calm the fuck down.

Hahaha, that was probably my fault... but I checked the Properties and it involved "password" in it...

Response to Keep your panties on guys. 2009-07-12 14:57:30

At 7/12/09 02:25 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: It might be a good idea to temporarily remove modship from most mods, except for a few trusted ones, until this whole thing blows over. I'm sure that a couple of mods and a few admins can keep this place clean for a little while, no?

Ha ha ha. Fuck that.

Firstly: moderators are selected PRIMARILY on the basis of how much the entire team and the administrators (Wade, really) trust that user. Mistakes get made, but there's no way to weed out 'mods that'll have their account compromised' from the bunch any more than we already do by not modding untrustworthy folks in the first place.

Secondly: really, Wade could maintain the BBS entirely on his own if he wanted to. So could any other individual mod (barring accounts-compromised issues), but who the hell has the time? Wade works for a living, and every other mod around here has shit to do that doesn't even pertain to NG. We're volunteers, not full-time staff.

-----

Thirdly: I'm locking this topic. BBM's intentions were to allay his constant reception of private messages, which is now no longer a problem. Wrongful bans have been restored, compromised accounts restored to their rightful owners or locked down, and you all are just sitting here whining about shit that the administrators and moderators just plain don't have any control over.

I can assure every single one of you that if you're changing your password constantly, you're over-reacting. If you're still signing on an alt to view the BBS, you're over-reacting. If you're worried that an administrator's account is compromised, you're over-reacting. I, for one, have not changed my password in years, nor have I changed my email address, nor that password. I've PERSONALLY VIEWED THE PAGE THEY WERE USING TO PHISH ACCOUNTS TO NO EFFECT. They aren't grabbing cookies, they're just using very basic scams to break very basic security efforts. Make your security efforts more beefy and you're fine.

These are just a bunch of kids who got lucky with their initial phishing attempts, and then further freaked everyone out by brute-forcing a couple email addresses.

Calm the fuck down. And if you're seriously hurt over having lost two days' posts... you need to put some things in your life back into perspective.

BBS Signature