00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Raym00n just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,712 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 22:24:42

More "new" games:

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-02 02:03:01

Tab is your friend on this one. lol

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-02 11:37:06

So does this all mean that there are no more games with medals that don't show on their page? Or is that a different thing?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-02 21:52:33

hey people any advice for

Shore siege 2
im on 2nd island battle B its tough any pointers on this one??
title screen.

and on the same game, the first medal description says click on armor link tried this but no medal or am i doing that wrong which armor link do i click

Any help on this fantastic game would be greatfhull

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-03 14:30:32

At 12/2/11 09:52 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: and on the same game, the first medal description says click on armor link tried this but no medal or am i doing that wrong which armor link do i click

Any help on this fantastic game would be greatfhull

I believe you need to click the link (either the one in the corner, or the "more games" one) on the main page of the game. I had to do it a couple'a times before getting the medal, but it eventually popped up.

Hope that helps.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-03 16:44:44

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 11:35:10

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 12:23:53

At 12/4/11 11:35 AM, ixfd64 wrote: Another new game:

Is there any way to play this game? I can't find anyone, and without them I can't earn medals...

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 12:36:32

At 12/4/11 12:23 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4883
Is there any way to play this game? I can't find anyone, and without them I can't earn medals...

im floating around the very first area and cant find anyone either, which is a shame the game looks interesting, the only time i saw another player i shot at them for a full minute then i just blew up,

the other new game is just one giant glitch randomly changing the level your playing on

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 15:37:00

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 16:07:50

At 12/4/11 03:37 PM, 9Iittle wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4676
Finished the medal guide on my accounts new post

Thank you for making a guide. It would be awesome if every game had a guide.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 18:09:08

I don't believe this one has been posted yet as approved medals.,,

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 20:55:07

At 12/4/11 12:36 PM, 02pheland wrote:
At 12/4/11 12:23 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4883
im floating around the very first area and cant find anyone either, which is a shame the game looks interesting, the only time i saw another player i shot at them for a full minute then i just blew up,

the other new game is just one giant glitch randomly changing the level your playing on

I keep running into players who are 7 levels higher than me. I don't last long , to say the least. It would be nice if I could gain experience by hitting them. Any hope of destroying them is out of the question.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 21:41:11

could some please tell how to get the secret medal in Getting screwed over?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-04 21:59:32

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 07:56:12

At 12/4/11 09:41 PM, Nemo103 wrote: could some please tell how to get the secret medal in Getting screwed over?

Sent you a message, since I am not allowed to discuss it here

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 09:25:55

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 10:15:52

At 12/5/11 07:56 AM, MatthewF wrote:
At 12/4/11 09:41 PM, Nemo103 wrote: could some please tell how to get the secret medal in Getting screwed over?
Sent you a message, since I am not allowed to discuss it here

Can you send one to me too please?

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 13:38:29

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 13:41:49

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 14:16:03

At 12/5/11 11:50 AM, ixfd64 wrote: Two new games:

Did anyone get the "beat level 12" medal too on level seven?

Also, I forgot to post this a while ago, but here's a video guide to the challenge levels in Melee man.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 14:50:59

At 12/4/11 04:07 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/4/11 03:37 PM, 9Iittle wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4676
Finished the medal guide on my accounts new post
Thank you for making a guide. It would be awesome if every game had a guide.

There was a time when every game did have one. But now there are hundreds of games, often with multiple games coming out each week, and it got too hard to keep up. Plus it was supposed to be getting migrated over to the wiki, so any sense of urgency kind of went away.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 15:27:27

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-05 19:19:56

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 01:07:51

At 12/5/11 10:15 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Can you send one to me too please?

Done sorry it took me forever.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 01:26:52

After looking at a lot of the "new" games and such... honestly I'd have to say I'm a little disgusted =/ Given that I've been busy with school and making sure I've tied up all the loose ends and whatnot, I've not had the time currently to give them a fair shake. Finals are next week, so roughly around that time I'll see what I'll be doing from here on out.

Even if I no longer have the passion to wh0re up medals, I'll still visit NG from time to time to check out what cool new games people come up with, as well as watch the occasional movie.

At 12/5/11 03:28 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Somebody posted links in the last page or so, but some sick minded admin actually approved my medals. What gives?

Two people with actual people person avatars and not just weapons/candy/fisties explained the situation in said last page.

Basically, they're finally moving ahead with their claims on the gameswithmedals page that anyone can put medals into their submissions, and the staff are going ahead and approving all the submissions with pending approval. I'm not sure what happens to the people that already got rejected (there's a submission with medals for racing over 9000 laps, wtf?). However, this doesn't give the green light to just dick off and abuse the system, because people can apparently be banned from using the newgrounds API.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 10:01:17

At 12/6/11 01:26 AM, Fooliolo wrote: After looking at a lot of the "new" games and such... honestly I'd have to say I'm a little disgusted =/ Given that I've been busy with school and making sure I've tied up all the loose ends and whatnot, I've not had the time currently to give them a fair shake. Finals are next week, so roughly around that time I'll see what I'll be doing from here on out.

Even if I no longer have the passion to wh0re up medals, I'll still visit NG from time to time to check out what cool new games people come up with, as well as watch the occasional movie.

This I totally agree with. I dunno if it was just me, but I'd get excited every time I'd see a new medal game posted, because (for the most part) you knew you were getting a quality game that was worth the time to play. I don't have a video game system anymore, but some of the games that I've played here have rivaled a lot of the console games I've played in the past, and I loved that. It shows what kinda talented folks are out there, and it was always great to give their efforts feedback.

With the medal game dump of the last week? Well, there were a few that were really good (Zombie Outbreak I really dug, same with Bzoonk: The Pub Crawl, and a few others), but for the most part they were very lackluster, and not really that fun to play. The majority of games in that dump were very disappointing, and honestly, don't deserve medals when there are others (I'll point out Sociotown) that the author seemingly put time and effort into, that never got approved.

While yeah, it's fun getting medals and points, I'd prefer it be for quality, not just because the author has the opportunity to put medals in their submission. I understand the admins are really busy, but a little quality control would be nice.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 11:16:30

Someone posted a little while ago that medals should be disapproved if the score falls below some threshold. I support this idea. I think if the score after passing judgment falls below 2.0, the medals should be removed, and only reinstated if the score gets back up over 2.5. That would be a really easy way to make sure that only quality games get medals (says the guy who doesn't have to write any code to make it happen).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 15:06:41

New game. Meh, fun little thingy, but the whole ''be here on 25th December'' thing got me way to curious to see how it was programmed. 2 clicks later I had the medal. Feels a bit dull though, I didn't care about the points just about the way the medal was programmed. Now I look like a little kid who doesn't want to wait until Christmas. This IS kind of the point of the game, though. :P