00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,648,648 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 17:37:56

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 20:51:58

At 12/6/11 03:06 PM, Nijsse wrote: Now I look like a little kid who doesn't want to wait until Christmas. This IS kind of the point of the game, though. :P

I'm joining you there, lol.

It is a neat idea but sadly a little flawed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-06 23:43:31

At 12/4/11 12:23 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 12/4/11 11:35 AM, ixfd64 wrote: Another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4883
Is there any way to play this game? I can't find anyone, and without them I can't earn medals...

I'll be on it for the next hour or so, in case anyone wants a chance for some medals from it.

We might have to set up some times when people are available to play it. I just don't see this as being a popular game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-07 11:42:57

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-08 01:22:29

A few spoiler strategy/observations:

Go to safe, enter 326 (from "the shiny"(the Shinning) poster). Grab the axe. Go to the hallway. Use the axe against the end of the hallway. Grab the chainsaw. Go to the next hallway. Use the chainsaw on the door at the very end of the hallway. The end.

Haven't figured out how to get the last 3 secret medals, involving dying, yet.

I don't think there really is a way to fail in this game. You can spam all 4 direction keys and still bag the item, without any negative effect to your points. Upgrade and spam. That's all there is to it getting all the medals for it.

some observations - haven't beaten all the levels, yet, for it.:

The game seems hard at first, but once you know that each enemy type seems weak against a certain tower (purple - speed tower, black - tesla tower - blue- acid tower, grey - slow tower, and bombs everything) it becomes a lot easier. Bombs, aside from certain towers, are probably the most important thing in beating the levels. They can destroy up to 3 small, to medium, enemies and kill most large enemies in one hit, with splash damage to the others.

Major glitch for this game. You can use the hint unlimited times, but beware that the hint is not always accurate.

"Tab" works great for this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-08 07:19:58

At 12/8/11 01:22 AM, EdyKel wrote: A few spoiler strategy/observations:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5112
Go to safe, enter 326 (from "the shiny"(the Shinning) poster). Grab the axe. Go to the hallway. Use the axe against the end of the hallway. Grab the chainsaw. Go to the next hallway. Use the chainsaw on the door at the very end of the hallway. The end.

Haven't figured out how to get the last 3 secret medals, involving dying, yet.

Neither axe nor chainsaw can crash the windows. But there is something in a safe which can do so...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-08 14:23:13

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-08 16:05:11

At 12/5/11 01:41 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Yet another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5106

This game is really challenging. It could really use some power ups.
Anybody have tips or a walk through?
Is it me, or is there no way to determine your level?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-08 23:55:12

At 12/8/11 04:05 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/5/11 01:41 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Yet another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5106
This game is really challenging. It could really use some power ups.
Anybody have tips or a walk through?
Is it me, or is there no way to determine your level?

It's not that hard. Just remember the patterns and plan accordingly. Professor bombs can destroy all enemies in a room, without shields; and can likewise destroy multiple shields. Sometimes you have to wait until multiple targets are in one room before using them. Mystics are good for killing multiple targets, but will die if they destroy too many, or by using their power to destroy a shield. ...and I think they take a 3rd of the life from rival priests before dying. For manias, I often turn them and release them from the 3rd or 4th room, so they can hit multiple targets along the way. I use cop bats to infect cops, or detectives, and they turn into a pile of acid that will take away life and dwindle down shields. Other than just the basics, there's not much more I can say. Also, using the hotkeys for rooms can help get you to them faster to set up your monster.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-09 14:50:18

How can you get the "die to the hands of" medals? I can't get either of them. I tried dying at the last boss, but it didn't work. Do I have to try that again, maybe because it didn't send, or is it something completely different?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-09 15:12:25

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-09 17:14:25

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-10 09:17:41

At 12/10/11 08:55 AM, skiller12 wrote:
At 12/9/11 05:14 PM, Tycrane wrote: New game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5406
Click on medal icons (even locked) in medals section to get every medal without even bothering to play. Actually, i found this out accidently...

Oh shhii.. thanks for letting me know! I must have forgot to take it out, that was for me quickly testng if the medals unlocked....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-10 09:27:24

At 12/10/11 08:55 AM, skiller12 wrote:
At 12/9/11 05:14 PM, Tycrane wrote: New game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5406
Click on medal icons (even locked) in medals section to get every medal without even bothering to play. Actually, i found this out accidently...

I think it would be way more helpful if you let the author know about this in stead of putting it here, especially if it's a game (like this one) that is definitely worth playing 'till the very end. Still, it's nice to see you posting here again. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-10 13:25:05

Mentioned before, I know.

This game can get pretty hard beyond wave 15. I found myself having to respec at least twice per wave, especially the waves with aliens in them. They're ridiculously high up, it'd be impossible to reach them without some diving and really high boost stat. On the bright side, it only takes one flick of the tail to destroy them and each one completely refills your HP.

Still grinding away on this fun game...

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-10 17:14:24

After having played through the whole game, I can say that there's a difficulty spike between waves 13-18. After that, it gets easy as you get enough points to upgrade your survival stats. Then it starts to get hard again as you approach wave 50.

Some pointers for in-game achievements:
-- The Steampunk Nightmare wave (42 iirc) is realistically the last chance you'll get at fulfilling the "sink 10 subs with mines" achievement. After that, good fking luck.
-- When you eat all the fish/birds in a wave, an icon will show up at the top right for each.
-- Each time you take a bite out of the moon, it moves higher. Might as well practice jumping, because some of the large alien ships fly as high as 240m.
-- You can actually regenerate health faster than you starve to death if you have a really high regeneration stat. Sadly, suffocation is still a deadly killer, so you'll need to rely on bonuses for the "lungs of steel" achievement.
-- You get a dozen upgrade points for getting all achievements! There's also a glitch in that if you do this, beat a wave, then reload the page, it will reward you with another dozen upgrade points. There's no point in doing this a fourth time though. Jerk.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-12 01:09:59

What is the point of having medals if they don't actually give you experience points?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-12 02:16:30

At 12/12/11 01:09 AM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: What is the point of having medals if they don't actually give you experience points?

They're just there for people to collect for now. Or they can be used to give substance to your gaming skillz, or to boost your ego.

I can ask the same about post count. It's a pretty useless stat other than to show how much you've been posting, and maybe for moderator picking purposes.

It can change once the site redesign is released. Whether it will, we'll just have to wait and see.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-12 11:07:25

I have a few questions and a guide for the last boss of final fantasy XFII:

How can you get the "die to the hands of" medals? I can't get either of them. I tried dying at the last boss, but it didn't work. Do I have to try that again, maybe because it didn't send, or is it something completely different?

Can anyone tell me where the last spell is please? It's number 6, after the anti-curse one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-YMm4cQj jE
This is a guide for the last boss in that game.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-12 11:09:17

At 12/12/11 11:07 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: (...) last boss of final fantasy (...)

*Fantasy XFII, not final fantasy

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-12 11:46:13

At 12/12/11 11:07 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: I have a few questions and a guide for the last boss of final fantasy XFII:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4398

Die at the boss fight. You MUST play from the beginning and not via level select.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 3034
Can anyone tell me where the last spell is please? It's number 6, after the anti-curse one.

At the last switch room (whose dungeon looks like a fish skeleton in the overworld map), you'll notice a ledge at the top of the tree. There's a hidden alcove that contains a key. Use that key to open the door in the castle.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-12 12:12:51

At 12/12/11 11:46 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 12/12/11 11:07 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: I have a few questions
(stuff)

I see, thank you.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-12 21:42:49

What would be the fastest way to grind out exp? It was cool and all that for an hour, but I'm not sure I really want to spend 1.5 more hours doing the same thing over and over again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-13 00:19:29

At 12/12/11 09:42 PM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 3975
What would be the fastest way to grind out exp? It was cool and all that for an hour, but I'm not sure I really want to spend 1.5 more hours doing the same thing over and over again.

I was able to get all of them (aside from the boss) in the Free Ride mode, but I haven't played the game since the medals were approved, so I'm not sure that still applies or not.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-13 02:06:51

At 12/13/11 12:19 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 12/12/11 09:42 PM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 3975
I was able to get all of them (aside from the boss) in the Free Ride mode, but I haven't played the game since the medals were approved, so I'm not sure that still applies or not.

It's the best you grind it out in free ride mode indeed. I only had half of the required exp after I got all the other medals, but after a short while in free ride mode with more traffic, more police cars etc. on I got it. It doesn't take as long as it seems.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-13 17:11:13

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 03:52:00

At 12/13/11 02:06 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: It's the best you grind it out in free ride mode indeed. I only had half of the required exp after I got all the other medals, but after a short while in free ride mode with more traffic, more police cars etc. on I got it. It doesn't take as long as it seems.

Bit late in responding, I know, but I decided to pick up the game again after doing a shytton of other stuff. Works like a charm, assuming you get tons of stunts in. Or just constantly nitro into a tanker with another tanker.

Anywho, if I decide to do a gaming project, what kind of game would you guys like to see? Don't go crazy nuts on it though.