Nice action game, but a bit too easy - I just got oevr 28 million points on my very first try. Even though it is more than twice the 2nd place, I guarantee it was legit - I'll post my strategy below.
- Lots of action: Must shoot/move constantly to avoid death. No rest outside of pause screen. Story kept to a minimum so we can understand what's happening, no boring pointless dialogues (since this is an action game, it's a plus)
- Perfect pace: The game's speed overall is not exceedingly fast nor slow. It is entirely possible to evade most (if not all) attacks, although it is much easier to hide behind the reactors for cover.
- Perfect sound: Both music and effects are solid choices - I didn't even think about muting the game's sound.
- Nice graphics: Speaks for itself. Robots design and visual effects are just great.
- SURPRISINGLY, NOT LAGGY. Well, just a bit sometimes, but didn't affect my experience that much. I already played other games with this level of effects that slowed down my browser to a crawl, so this was nice.
- Lack of bosses: For me, the greatest flaw of the game - 1 boss every 5 levels, plus a final megaboss would have been a LOT of fun.
- Upgrade system is absolutely random: It was a pain to get those "maxed guns" medal. Purely luck-based. Not that it isn't good. It's just too random.
And that's it! Fantastic game!
Strategy: Use powerups to clear the screen - especially the shield powerup. Always start levels by going to a side/corner and shooting enemies around the screen (e.g. clock wise) because you will be bombarded if you stay in the middle.
As long as you have the shield up, you can steamroll everything and collect everything they drop instantly. This is how you get to excessive high multipliers and multiple upgrades, as well as new shield drops to replenish yours and keep the carnage going - keep getting shields and ramming enemies over. This strategy makes the last levels incredibly easy (more enemies, more powerups and multipliers)
I believe a much higher (Legit) score is attainable because my mult was over 30x at the very last level, and I did die twice during the game.
Also, always leave 1 enemy robot around - Destroy all reactors before the last robot. (careful with shockwave)
Final tip: Toggle auto-fire! For those who don't know: Press mouse button, drag it outside flash window, release button and bring the mouse back to the flash window. It will keep firing until you click and release the mouse button again. Repeat if necessary