00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kitchenlover99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,793,281 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 13:52:30

Yes, occasionally. If you mean sitting down for a while and not doing anything and trying not to think too much.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 13:56:26

Quite fed up of the whole 'life' concept tbh, If I could just die right now and some poor kid in Africa takes my place, that'd be just fine.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 13:58:51

At 1/23/12 01:56 PM, Decibel wrote: Quite fed up of the whole 'life' concept tbh, If I could just die right now and some poor kid in Africa takes my place, that'd be just fine.

You're an idiot for thinking that. Depression is dumb, and it should go jump off of a cliff so it can leave good people like you ALONE

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 14:12:36

At 1/23/12 02:09 PM, Chronamut wrote: don't bother.. he's just being emo.

And lol SBB - it's a little more involved than that - you lay down,

or sit

clear your mind completely.. and see what pops into your head.. and sometimes guide what pops into your head.

yeah that's kinda what I meant

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 14:16:48

Sometimes I sit and think to myself.

Oh shit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 14:17:08

i'm glad we have come to an agreement

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 15:04:05

At 1/23/12 02:09 PM, Chronamut wrote:
blah blah blah clear your mind completely
blah blah blah when you just focus.

Which is it?

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 15:08:24

At 1/23/12 01:42 PM, Chronamut wrote: Meditation

Anyone else meditate? I've been doing it for the past while and seem some cool shit... done a bit of astral projection too.. but that seems like less fun.. I can see snippets of my past though.. interesting stuff.. sometimes.. the coolest are the visuals I'd say - it's like a dream you can control, but you do not control what is IN it.

Thats what I do when listening to music, might not be the same thing, but when I listen to songs, it feels like im not in my room anymore, but somewhere else.
The physics of this "Place" suddenly become mine to break or mold into whatever suits me, I can create events and humans.

Then again, im currently on a lot of heavy meds ATM so who knows?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 15:44:34

At 1/23/12 03:41 PM, LaForge wrote: Marijuana is great for meditating. Or just being incredibly lazy and hungry.

...Hungry?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 16:09:16

At 1/23/12 03:05 PM, Chronamut wrote:

With meditation you clear your mind of the clutter and then project ONE thought into your mind, and see what comes back to you.

Mine's not working. All I keep seeing are these randomly morphing colo-

oh...

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 16:49:32

At 1/23/12 02:19 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/23/12 02:17 PM, SBB wrote: i'm glad we have come to an agreement
Agreed sir. Care for some tea?

OCON tea perhaps? :P

Oh shit I haven't seen him in forever.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 20:05:20

strongest visuals i ever got were from the batch of cheshire cats that were going around a few years ago.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 20:43:05

Has anyone tried lucid dreaming? I got it to work once, back when I was really trying (keeping a dream journal, meditating when I woke up & before I went to sleep). But I ruined it. Being aware of the fact that I was dreaming made the dream go away, then I woke up.

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 21:34:58

At 1/23/12 08:43 PM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: Has anyone tried lucid dreaming? I got it to work once, back when I was really trying (keeping a dream journal, meditating when I woke up & before I went to sleep). But I ruined it. Being aware of the fact that I was dreaming made the dream go away, then I woke up.

I had a dream journal for about two weeks. I managed to do it once, and I was like "wait this is illogical, I must be dreaming". Then I flew in the sky for a minute and was really happy about that lol.

Then I was done, I just wanted to experience it.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 22:04:08

i had a lucid dream and wanted to try the whole flying thing. got on top of the fence, threw myself off of it, floated for a bit, then plummeted to the ground.

my dreams are almost always a reflection of reality, so it's not really surprising.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 22:31:49

At 1/23/12 10:04 PM, jarrydn wrote: i had a lucid dream and wanted to try the whole flying thing. got on top of the fence, threw myself off of it, floated for a bit, then plummeted to the ground.

my dreams are almost always a reflection of reality, so it's not really surprising.

So you spend a lot of time jumping off the top of fences then? Interesting hobby.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 22:34:29

At 1/23/12 01:42 PM, Chronamut wrote: Meditation

Anyone else meditate? I've been doing it for the past while and seem some cool shit... done a bit of astral projection too.. but that seems like less fun.. I can see snippets of my past though.. interesting stuff.. sometimes.. the coolest are the visuals I'd say - it's like a dream you can control, but you do not control what is IN it.

At first, this is why I made ambient music. It is a very emotional and out of body experience. Sometimes it tends to freak me out because I really get into it and have to stop myself from waking up and cutting my arms with a knife on the table. Weird shit broseph.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 22:36:48

At 1/23/12 10:34 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At first, this is why I made ambient music. It is a very emotional and out of body experience. Sometimes it tends to freak me out because I really get into it and have to stop myself from waking up and cutting my arms with a knife on the table. Weird shit broseph.

Good god, if that's what ambient does, I don't want to see you experience death metal.

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 22:41:11

At 1/23/12 10:36 PM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: Good god, if that's what ambient does, I don't want to see you experience death metal.

I lol'd.

Post of the day.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 22:52:08

Good god, if that's what ambient does, I don't want to see you experience death metal

Thats my goal. You see, I'm trying to secretly kill people with my music. lulululz.

But in all seriousness, I tried meditating. Its a neat experience, but I find it very scary at times and find myself in moments of pure terror as if my nightmares become reality. I once was meditating and feel into a deep trance for about ten hours where I was trapped in a large, endless obstacle course where me and a few survivors of some strange battle were being kept prisoners. I kept dying in the most horrible ways. Acid melting my body, giant walls crushing me, metal wires chopping me up, monsters eating me, saw blades slowly sinking into my skin. Everytime I died I felt so much pain. I watched my organs fall out of my body. I felt my eyes push themselves into my skull during one death where the pressure in the air changed dramatically and my body imploded.

That was the first part of the experience. The second part was a bit more isolated. I was in the house I grew up in, but no one was there. I looked outside and everything was covered in snow. I wondered around aimlessly for hours, searching for someone, anything, but found nothing. Pretty soon a volcano erupted out of the ice and everything blew up from meteors falling from the sky.

At this point, I THOUGHT I woke up... but I really wasn't. I was still fucking dreaming but I didn't realize it. Some weird shit happened that I can not recall, but I kept trying to wake up. Basically during this segment, I was being attacked emotional by everyone around me. Friends and family called me a pig fucker, a loser, a skank, and other weird shit. I went to "school" later and everyone thought I was a weirdo and all my friend abandoned me.

I can't recall the rest of the dream, but when I woke up it was 4PM.

A small portion of my very long composition, Ironesque Valley, describes my feelings to some extent about this experience. Most of the song is about my real life experiences and not what I felt when asleep, however.

I love arabian death metal.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-23 22:58:43

At 1/23/12 10:31 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: So you spend a lot of time jumping off the top of fences then? Interesting hobby.

lol, yes, but that's besides the point ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 00:06:20

At 1/23/12 10:58 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 1/23/12 10:31 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: So you spend a lot of time jumping off the top of fences then? Interesting hobby.
lol, yes, but that's besides the point ;)

jarrydn is part of a world class fence jumping team. I hear they're lobbying pretty hard to make it an Olympic sport.

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 01:33:15

At 1/23/12 10:52 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Thats my goal. You see, I'm trying to secretly kill people with my music. lulululz.

An intriguing idea.

You're an audio assassin.

Sounds like the concept for a great series, or at least a spoof series.

You use your audio skills to transmit lethal frequencies at specific people. :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 03:19:39

So... I never thought I would originally.., but now I'm strongly considering changing my DJ name as I transition. Thoughts?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 03:27:41

At 1/24/12 03:19 AM, EchozAurora wrote: So... I never thought I would originally.., but now I'm strongly considering changing my DJ name as I transition. Thoughts?

Well, your current DJ name doesn't really make much sense to me... but it still just sounds cool. Plus, everyone knows you by that name. Plus, its on your freaking car lol. I would keep it. There is nothing wrong with it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 04:05:21

At 1/24/12 03:19 AM, EchozAurora wrote: So... I never thought I would originally.., but now I'm strongly considering changing my DJ name as I transition. Thoughts?

I'd be game for making a new sig. :P The name EchozAurora kind of sounds like a name that was picked cause it sounded vooshy. Like "Dj Ace Big Dick". It doesn't strike me as a name with a lot of intellectual content or meaning behind it.

I may be mistaken, but that's the impression it leaves with me.

I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 04:07:00

At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

lol i know i'll need an alias if i ever decide to actually put my music out there lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 04:31:01

At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I'd be game for making a new sig. :P The name EchozAurora kind of sounds like a name that was picked cause it sounded vooshy. Like "Dj Ace Big Dick". It doesn't strike me as a name with a lot of intellectual content or meaning behind it.

I may be mistaken, but that's the impression it leaves with me.
I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

It was something I came up when I started producing music more seriously back in 06. Echoes - reflections of sound. Aurora - Light/Radiation scattering as it hits the Earth's atmosphere.

Anyway though... I hadn't planned on changing it originally... but I was brainstorming names for a tumblr account and decided on Synthetic Siren... and it's somewhat stuck to me.

But yeah... having to get my car re-wrapped... would be sad. Lol

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 05:39:30

At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

There is actually a story behind mine, but it's a secret.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 06:17:56

Mine's an old skateboarding reference.