00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAILMAN48 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,798,177 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 07:34:19

Ummm... Puppets?
I have a really silly question for which I doubt I'll really find a good answer here, but what the hell.

Long story short, once while I was traveling, my friends and I made a sort of puppet out of an old sweater, to have him serve as a kind of "trip mascot" or something. Anyways, we all kinda got attached to him and have been carrying him around pretty much everywhere.

As a result, the little guy is pretty dirty, and this is where my question comes in: since he's actually filled with rice (and pretty much should not get wet), is there any way of cleaning him without having to cut him open and empty him? That solution both seems impractical and I kinda doubt he'd enjoy it. :D

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 07:59:16

At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.

When I signed up to Newgrounds in 08 I was playing Pokemon while configuring my account, but I couldn't think of a name. Then the term 'Liquid Ooze' flashed across my Nintendo DS screen and I figured that would do the trick. I had to put the words together because I hate using dashes in nicknames.
By now I really wish I had chosen something else, because LiquidOoze has nothing to do with me and it's not the most memorable artist name. I think 'Oakwood' would be much better, it's shorter, has a meaning, is easy to remember and it's also a literal translation of my last name. Unfortunately on every music site my account name is LiquidOoze, so it's too late to change it now. :(

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 09:12:39

At 1/24/12 05:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/24/12 04:05 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I was actually wondering the other day how most of us came up with the alias names we use.
There is actually a story behind mine, but it's a secret.

Maybe Back-To-Purgatory can tell us his and then all we'd have to do is switch round the direction! :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 09:46:32

At 1/24/12 09:12 AM, Echo wrote:
At 1/24/12 05:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: There is actually a story behind mine, but it's a secret.
Maybe Back-To-Purgatory can tell us his and then all we'd have to do is switch round the direction! :D

I would be interested to see that actually.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 12:21:08

Mine should be self-explanatory.
I downed a bottle of Jack D right before I signed up, its a miracle I could type coherently.
It was this or "YourFACEisausername"

I got the "DementiaFX" alias from a presentation I once did about Dementia and it just stuck.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 15:20:52

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 15:51:48

At 1/24/12 03:20 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a Youtube video.

HAHAHAHAHA What the hell?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 16:21:59

At 1/24/12 09:34 AM, Chronamut wrote: Meditation

I actually have become quite knowledgeable on the subject.. me and jordan from spirit science. I can Pretty much close my eyes and just GO places and see things.. and my dreams are always like REALLY vivid now.. I dunno I just sorta notice all my skills keep getting finer toned. I don't just see the past anymore, I can actually FEEL what it was like too.

On the subject of creating things with your mind - think of all reality like one giant consciousness grid that time does not apply to. When you think of shit, it can actually be happening somewhere.. another parallel time, past present future.. it all just either gets pulled from somewhere or the thought itself makes it exist.. not here.. but somewhere. That empty space inside your mind where shit just seems to exist? Yeah it's like a little pocket in the universe where you're just endlessly creating shit.

in short, nothing you think is stupid, and nothing you think is fake. You make your own reality, and sometimes help in making others too :P

Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world - no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds... Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.
- Neil Gaiman

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 16:23:08

At 1/24/12 03:20 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a Youtube video.

That made my day! thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 16:31:51

I don't think anything has ever exceeded my expectations as much as this link

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 17:28:23

At 1/24/12 04:53 PM, Chronamut wrote: I wish I had this power

Giving you that power would be equal to giving a straight guy the ability to enlarge breasts with a sheer thought. It's fun and games in the beginning, then suddenly civilization falls apart.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 20:32:03

Both videos posted on this page deserve grammies. I request grammies.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 22:31:21

I guess I learned my lesson for changing names. lol

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 22:34:50

At 1/24/12 05:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
There is actually a story behind mine, but it's a secret.

Mine too

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 22:49:01

At 1/24/12 04:21 PM, Stupor wrote:
At 1/24/12 09:34 AM, Chronamut wrote: Meditation

I actually have become quite knowledgeable on the subject.. me and jordan from spirit science. I can Pretty much close my eyes and just GO places and see things.. and my dreams are always like REALLY vivid now.. I dunno I just sorta notice all my skills keep getting finer toned. I don't just see the past anymore, I can actually FEEL what it was like too.

On the subject of creating things with your mind - think of all reality like one giant consciousness grid that time does not apply to. When you think of shit, it can actually be happening somewhere.. another parallel time, past present future.. it all just either gets pulled from somewhere or the thought itself makes it exist.. not here.. but somewhere. That empty space inside your mind where shit just seems to exist? Yeah it's like a little pocket in the universe where you're just endlessly creating shit.

in short, nothing you think is stupid, and nothing you think is fake. You make your own reality, and sometimes help in making others too :P
Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world - no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds... Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.
- Neil Gaiman

Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Now here's Tom with the weather.

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-24 23:13:32

At 1/24/12 10:49 PM, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Now here's Tom with the weather.

I had a friend once he took some acid, Now he thinks he's a fire engine, It's okay until he pisses on
your lighter, Kinda smells kinda cool kinda funny anyway.

satan, satan, satan...

I had a friend once he took some ecstasy, Tried to marry me and every one in the room, He was sort of loving kinda caring, kinda tried to fuck my lazy boy, It got a bit messy all over the curtains, arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 00:49:05

blank post

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 04:24:52

I used to be called crapatflash, then i stopped making bad flash and started making bad music.
I chose the name Xyresic partially because it means "razor sharp" and partially because OHSWEETMOTHEROFGODMYEARSAREBLEEDING wouldn't fit in the username box.

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 05:02:52

ive always been sessilenomad because im an og motherfucker like that

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 11:04:02

Uploaded my first submission of this year. It felt less good than what I was expecting.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 12:26:19

At 1/25/12 10:27 AM, Chronamut wrote: "Chronamut" - is classic and iconic - and googleable :P

Never changing it :P

I sometimes think my name is ridiculous, but ive always had it and it is very easy to remember. Im not going to ever change it. I also would have to remake my sig.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 13:46:24

At 1/25/12 12:36 AM, Chronamut wrote: the moral of this story is - I should give ecstacy to straight men?

That or listen to more Tool songs :P

At 1/25/12 12:26 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I sometimes think my name is ridiculous, but ive always had it and it is very easy to remember. Im not going to ever change it. I also would have to remake my sig.

I went on a video chat once and spikrodd was there and because of my username, her thought i was some sort of 12 year old fat kid (or along those lines). But as far as names go, mine isn't to hard to remember, and i use it just about everywhere. If you google Kirbyfemur, more than likely 99.99% of the time it's going to be mine, so i'll probably end up keeping it lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 16:19:57

When I google myself, I get a lot of religious junk... As well as blog posts... And a link to some swedish (or something) death metal band with a song called Back From Purgatory.

Oh well, can't win them all.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 16:31:11

Hey guys check out this video of my drum teacher playing at some recording session.

He deserves far more exposure and all of his students are helping him out. He's currently touring with some famous singer here in Mexico, this is just a side project.

here

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 16:50:01

At 1/25/12 04:31 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: here

lol 6-string basses are a bit over-kill, though it urks me when a bassist is given the opportunity to play something awesome, but decides not to and just follow what the guitarist is doing, almost verbatim.

However, not to bad.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 17:47:53

the good thing about having an obscure name like mine is that my soundcloud page comes up 3rd in a google search and my newgrounds page comes up fourth. the bad thing about having an obscure name is that no one would search it in the first place.

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 17:52:18

At 1/25/12 05:47 PM, Xyresic wrote: the good thing about having an obscure name like mine is that my soundcloud page comes up 3rd in a google search and my newgrounds page comes up fourth.

sigh

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 17:55:42

At 1/25/12 05:52 PM, SBB wrote:
At 1/25/12 05:47 PM, Xyresic wrote: the good thing about having an obscure name like mine is that my soundcloud page comes up 3rd in a google search and my newgrounds page comes up fourth.
sigh

At least the first hit on your name isn't a list of registered sex-offenders

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 17:56:03

At 1/25/12 05:52 PM, SBB wrote: sigh

Apparently SBB is less obscure then I would have assumed...

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-25 17:57:34

i should really change it to my name or something but then no one would know who i am