00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAILMAN48 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,798,176 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 17:28:41

At 7/30/10 04:16 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote:
At 7/30/10 04:13 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote:
At 7/30/10 04:05 PM, YouriX wrote: Yeah im not gay.
(
no more quoting

Lol you! :P But seriuosly im not gay >:(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 17:40:12

At 7/30/10 03:07 PM, Chronamut wrote: that has to be the most profoundly absurd desicion ever..

THIS IS THE FUCKING AUDIO PORTAL!

without a shirt is MANDATORY!

and yeah I picture me being with a billy mays-like guy as well - find me one my age - I can't seem to find any under the age of 40..

The problem with this statement is that you get stuff like the picture you see below. So this will be the ONLY pic of shirtless kirby until he has finally situated things with his self confidence. =P

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 17:47:41

At 7/30/10 05:40 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: The problem with this statement is that you get stuff like the picture you see below. So this will be the ONLY pic of shirtless kirby until he has finally situated things with his self confidence. =P

You guys just wont stop. Stop seducing meeeeee!! D:

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 18:32:41

At 7/30/10 05:50 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/30/10 05:40 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: The problem with this statement is that you get stuff like the picture you see below. So this will be the ONLY pic of shirtless kirby until he has finally situated things with his self confidence. =P
Your nipple looks like a slice of pepperoni.

tasty

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 20:45:21

All these people posting pics of themselves makes me want to join in.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 22:58:37

At 7/30/10 05:47 PM, YouriX wrote:
You guys just wont stop. Stop seducing meeeeee!! D:

You know you love it. I'm not gay myself, but what's to stop me from... poking fun? ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 22:59:42

Art Galleryg

Well, I went to the art gallery tonight. They were supposed to be using my music, but instead got an "intellectual" type college kid to strum C and G chords over and over and over. Al Martin, the director, told me that he was sorry and it wasn't his decision, and told the kid he sucked.

I'm supposed to preform live on Spet. 3rd, but I'm getting annoyed. Every single time an opportunity rises for me to get good exposure with my music, it always never follows through. It seems that's been going on with everything in my life. I've had a lot of interviews with no luck, the technicians from the studio got another guitarist to do the work (who sucks ass, imagine a shittier version of lil wayne), my boss hired another juggler who's taking all my work, and now this art gallery thing.

>:(

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 23:09:51

At 7/30/10 10:59 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Shitty Stuff Keeps Happening To Me

To put it bluntly, get used to it. For the most part this is how it works for those of us that have no connections with anyone. You try to start off small, often ending up not getting the job or payment that was promised you.

When you do finally find someone willing to follow through with their promises you are likely to be taken for granted and they will probably have unreasonable expectations. Like when someone once asked me to perform on the piano for about six hours at a hotel once because his staff pianist never showed. The guy knew I could play and thought I could just walk up and wing it for six + hours. So yea, get used to that shit as well.

Bottom line, as a musician most people won't take you seriously. The majority of business proposals will fail not by any of your doing, but by either ignorance of others, unreasonable expectations, or just flat out douche baggery like you dealt with at the art exhibit.

I really hate to paint such an ugly picture, but truthfully it's not a very good profession to be just beginning in. So expect a lot more of what you've been getting as of late. At least until you've established yourself and grown a nice network of references and past employers who can vouch for you when applying for performance gigs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 23:15:53

Yea, I guess you're right. I forgot that it's a crappy career choice, I'll just have to keep it in mind. Thanks for the insight.

Sorry for the rant, the recent incident just really pissed me off.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-30 23:20:37

At 7/30/10 11:15 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote:
Sorry for the rant, the recent incident just really pissed me off.

I've been there. Truthfully I still am. So I totally understand.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 02:13:31

Fuck man I printed up 1000 business cards to sell my piano skills (been playing for 11 years now... though this summer i've gotten really rusty), and I haven't been hired ONCE.

Shit sux.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 02:53:15

At 7/31/10 02:13 AM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Fuck man I printed up 1000 business cards to sell my piano skills (been playing for 11 years now... though this summer i've gotten really rusty), and I haven't been hired ONCE.

Shit sux.

Business cards? What sort of gig are you wanting? Seriously, I'm curious. Not being sarcastic.

I've played at resorts, hotels, restaurants, and bars for the most part. I always sent in a resume and then gave them an hour or so performance during the job interview. Business cards would be really cliche and might make your potential employer think you are a bit too arrogant.

A little arrogance is a good thing and goes a long way. But business cards sorta send a message of you being arrogant and a bit out of touch with reality. Resumes are far more appropriate. Especially with nicer establishments. And resumes have everything on them a business card would.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 03:34:31

A more modern and appropriate method would be to give out business cards with links to a website WITH your resume on it. Carrying around a bunch of resumes would be a bit odd.

Of course, when targeting a specific establishment... it would be best to make a promo pack with resume, business card, and a demo on cd of a performance... something along those lines.

Ultimately, networking and getting to know people... performing... and getting to know even more people is the best method. That is by far the way I get most gigs.

Today I just got booked for a car show. I'm part of the car club that is organizing it... so I'm doing it for the discounted rate of $400.

Yeah. Just to sit around and DJ... mainly spinning music I like too... because hell... it's a Scion show. w00tness. Of course, as always... the greatest thing is that it allows me to put on a presentation of my abilities and gives me the opportunity to network with even more people... which will likely lead to even more gigs in the future.

It's a snowball effect of sorts.

Piccies

I wants to join.... =P

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 05:58:34

At 7/30/10 06:32 PM, SessileNomad wrote:
tasty

Goddamn you guys, now i will probably never be doing that again, my girlfriend keeps trying to bite them because of you two!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 09:05:20

At 7/31/10 05:58 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 7/30/10 06:32 PM, SessileNomad wrote:
tasty
Goddamn you guys, now i will probably never be doing that again, my girlfriend keeps trying to bite them because of you two!

Lol, I just got the best idea because of that. Someone should photoshop your nipples off and put them on a pizza.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 10:25:14

Hey guys lets try not to make this an audio piccies thread!

And it looks like we're starting to spam a little so lets cut that out.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 13:22:39

At 7/31/10 10:25 AM, TMM43 wrote: Hey guys lets try not to make this an audio piccies thread!

Shpam

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 15:01:49

At 7/31/10 10:25 AM, TMM43 wrote: Hey guys lets try not to make this an audio piccies thread!

Sorwy

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-31 15:47:34

Liquid Funk

Dude, this is really not the time for my music computer to crash. I have to use my moms computer and it sucks! I cant install FLstudio or any heavy software or it will take 10.000 years for it to start up.

Since i have been getting into Liquid ive been having urges to creating some sick beats!
So i cant wait until i can get my hands on a good computer with FL and start producing! Ive been checking out tutorials on Youtube to keep me in touch with new tricks. But it still sucks not to be able to try them out :(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-01 00:51:47

Girlfriend

Excessive farting and burping from the girlfriend has caused me to come up with a gas jar.

Burping is .50
Farting is 1.00
Farting is 2.00 if I smell it

I've made 10 bucks in the past two days.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-01 02:11:14

At 8/1/10 12:51 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Girlfriend

Excessive farting and burping from the girlfriend has caused me to come up with a gas jar.

Burping is .50
Farting is 1.00

Rofl! I take back what I said the other day. I no longer hate your girlfriend. ;-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-01 05:49:27

At 8/1/10 12:51 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Girlfriend

Burping is .50
Farting is 1.00

That would've been cool for me to do when Britt was here for 2 weeks. I'd have beaten you badly.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-01 20:51:34

A gas jar?

That's a new one; even more so that you'd have to force a girl to use it.

You'd think with the way them gurls and their social clique thingies work, they'd Darwin it out of themselves.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-01 22:14:33

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-01 22:18:41

At 8/1/10 10:14 PM, SineRider wrote: Hey guys I found chron. He is in this song

Hahaha! I guess now we know what Chron does when he isn't online. :-P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-01 22:36:03

At 8/1/10 08:34 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 7/30/10 05:40 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
The problem with this statement is that you get stuff like the picture you see below. So this will be the ONLY pic of shirtless kirby until he has finally situated things with his self confidence. =P
I seriously popped a boner when I saw this pic - want some company kirby? I know you're a big fan of mine ;)

Lol nah i think i'm, i mean as much as my girlfriend would LOVE for something like that to happen, i'm just not ready to take that sort of leap into gayness ;P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-02 05:48:28

At 8/1/10 10:14 PM, SineRider wrote: Hey guys I found chron. He is in this song

Lol that is the most funny vid i ever have ever seen. And that comment i read craked me up.

" hide ur husband wtf man this rapist is%uFEFF hardcore lol" XD

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-02 13:49:43

At 8/2/10 05:48 AM, YouriX wrote:
Lol that is the most funny vid i ever have ever seen. And that comment i read craked me up.

" hide ur husband wtf man this rapist is%uFEFF hardcore lol" XD

You know you don't want to hide yourself. It's just too tempting an offer, Chronamut is actually quite hard to resist when it comes to such matters.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-02 13:51:21

I don't mean to sound like I'm gloating or anything, but I'm going to be paid money for a song to be in a game. That's a first for me!!!!

WHOOO

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-02 17:04:38

At 8/2/10 01:49 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: You know you don't want to hide yourself. It's just too tempting an offer, Chronamut is actually quite hard to resist when it comes to such matters.

You might have a point there :P

@Everlasting-Elements

Congrats! But when i get paid for such things i wait until i get the money first and then gloat! That way i have some kind of proof :)