00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,548 Views | 34,323 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 13:41:13

Hello! Welcome to the new Audio Forum Lounge (Mk II).

This thread is intended to be a gathering place for NG's audio artists (voice actors, musicians, SFX-freaks, etc) to chill out and chat; to get to know each other on a more personal level, and to strengthen the musical community on Newgrounds.

When you post here, a few basic rules and guidelines should be taken into consideration:

1) If you're new to the Audio Forum, do yourself (and us) a favour by reading the Audio Forum Rules. If you're new to the NG BBS, you should also check out the BBS rules.

2) This Lounge is primarily for non audio-related discussions, although you won't get beaten down if you bring something audio related up. For the really technical stuff, please post in the appropriate thread (eg FL topic or whatever). If there is no existing threads that suit your subject, then create a new one - that's what the Audio Forum is here for.

3) To try and avoid confusion with all the simultaneous discussions that are likely to exist, please put a subject on what you're planning to discuss or respond to. For example, if there is a discussion about skateboarding going on you can make the subject in bold (and/or underlined). It might look like this:

Skateboarding
I bought a new board the other day, got it really cheap too! Haven't skated in bla bla bla etc.

4) Although rambling and ranting will be allowed and even encouraged, spamming (including postcount+1) will not be tolerated; as with any other part of the BBS, there are rules that must be obeyed. Flagrant disregard of these rules will be rewarded with post deletion and possibly a ban. Also, if this thread becomes a cesspool of constant spam (as the original AF Lounge did), it will be locked permanently and there will not be another. So use common sense when posting if you don't wish to end up loungeless.

That's pretty much it! Enjoy hanging out in the Audio Forum Lounge!

Credits to Rucklo for creating a draft for this post, and to all the AF regs & mods for their input

The Audio Forum Lounge

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 13:44:26

Hello Denvish

asl?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 13:50:56

Apocalypse

It has returned...

Yeah, glad to see the lounge back up. :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:04:25

NEW LOUNGE

Finally!!! It's here!

Now I have another excuse to not make music again. W000tness!

Srsly though, I'm happy. It sucked not having a lounge for a week or however long that was.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:08:02

New lounge

Fuck yes.
I'm glad we finally have a new lounge, now there's something to come to the AF for again, not only for me. I noticed a decreased activity on the whole audio forum while there was no lounge. So I hope this is going to recover, and I hope we can all chillax in this brand new lounge. Now lets bring up a first 'random subject'

Mich's new cellphone
Yesterday I finally bought my new cellphone. It's a Sony ericsson w880i. My old phone was... old. I had to tape the battery on in order for it to work, so I'm glad I finally have a (fancy) new one.
I download msn onto it, and my provider granted me a free one month trial :p
Now, this cellphone is also an mp3 player, though you need a very small memory card for that.
I bought one today, but appearantly it's the wrong one. :s Just going o order a new one on ebay. ^^
Anyways, what's up guys?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:10:02

Well, hopefully this one will be better.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:16:26

Flawed Plan

So theres a new subject every post as long as it's in bold... Well that plan seems a bit flawed, doesn't it?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:17:04

THANK YOU DENVISH

Honestly, in the old audio forum lounge, I was kind of afraid of posting in that worrying that I may get banned for who knows what.

Thanks man for making the rules more clearer now. =)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:19:03

At 1/23/09 02:14 PM, diminitive wrote: New Headphones

Ya I got sennheiser HD 600's and they are amaaazing. The bass is sooo warm :)

Luuckkyyyy...

I'm still using these old Sony MDR-P1's... I'd like to upgrade.. but I have a long list of things that I'm going to upgrade before that..

However...

I Have a Job!! =D

Finally. I'm no longer a couch-bum. I'm also bicycling 12 miles to work in the mornings.. and using that to get around town. So yeah, I'm probably going to be in awesome shape soon as well. But yeah, I'm glad to be working on a regular basis again finally. Tis good stuff.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:20:50

YESSSS FINALLY

I was waiting for you to post this Denvish... I was suffering lounge withdrawl (even though I don't post that often, I lurk lol)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:25:10

Still flawed plan

I legit have to say this is equally as unproductive as the other lounge. I hope it will even out, even if it takes a mod DESIGNATING a topic because this is the SAME thing just with people posting in bold. There's been a different topic almost every post so far.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:35:25

At 1/23/09 02:25 PM, Envy wrote: Still flawed plan

I legit have to say this is equally as unproductive as the other lounge. I hope it will even out, even if it takes a mod DESIGNATING a topic because this is the SAME thing just with people posting in bold. There's been a different topic almost every post so far.

It just started though, everyone has to go OMIGAWD NUUU LOUNGE LOLOL for several pages before it falls into order.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:36:14

Mich's New cellphone
I photoshopped this image of it I found online, so it'd fit ng a bit :p
I hope it comes out right

Flawed plan
We can only hope people DO have some brains, and think before they post. Right now at least it requires a bit more effort to post.
And Envy, please realize that people are able to think. I just think mods should ban quick enough when someone starts acting too spammy.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:37:07

At 1/23/09 02:25 PM, Envy wrote: Still flawed plan

But yet there is hope still for it

Even if the topics change rapidly, you can still glance down the page and have an idea of what is going on to an extent due to the boldness. Also makes it easier to see what posts go together, as in when people are responding to one idea.

Regardless, it just now opened, so it'll probably be a bit before people settle in to this new lounge.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 14:44:31

At 1/23/09 02:25 PM, Envy wrote: There's been a different topic almost every post so far.

I'm pretty sure people are just posting whatever they couldn't post the few days there was no lounge to post it in. The reason why the previous lounge was locked wasn't the amount of subjects (or the level of productivity, which really isn't what the lounge is for- it's for chatting, chilling out or whatever you prefer to call it), but the ridiculous amount of spam, shit and noise.

If people would try to use the same subject when discussing the same topic that would be nice. Unlike the millions of "omg fanx denvish lol" subjects

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:01:25

Wow. Do you have a headphone amp to go with those? I've heard they really shine when run through a dedicated integrated amp. I use one for my HD280Pros, and it really does improve the sound! (and lets me increase the bass a bit to remedy the balance problem).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:04:41

New lounge and Grunge

Heyyy, nice, a new lounge! Who would have known?! ^______Å
Me and a friend are in the makings of some grunge-trip-hop styled stuff here. Anyone have any weird ideas for lyrics? Grunge = mental illness combined with alcohol, drugs, selfpity etc....

omg, lounge and grunge rhymes!

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:07:04

At 1/23/09 03:01 PM, Nav wrote:
Wow. Do you have a headphone amp to go with those? I've heard they really shine when run through a dedicated integrated amp. I use one for my HD280Pros, and it really does improve the sound! (and lets me increase the bass a bit to remedy the balance problem).

Yeah I've wondered about that. I have HD280Pros as well and I thought they sounded great through my laptop's headphone jack (though I can hear a bit of noise and interference) However, when I tried them with my iPod, they were utter shit lol.

sadly I have no money to buy an interface, headphone amp, etc...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:12:30

New Lounge
Engraving myself on the first page, to win big bucks fifty years later and youngins all go "look at that first page guy"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:23:12

New Lounge
Finally, new lounge where people are trying to stick more to the rules and post more ... tidy ?
Anyway, thanx goes to:
Rucklo - for having the initiative on this
Denvish - for takingtime and oficially opening it
All the mods and users who gave constructive ideas ...

Audio Mods
Ok, that was fun, but the list of waiting submissions is like ... 63 and growing ... so ...
Also people upload lately tracks made with Jamglue ... that's the "New Sh*#" ... that should be stopped

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:39:35

New Lounge
This one will be pretty damn cool hopefully. Let's keep the "citrus smell" fresh :).

Vent
I'm going to whore this here as well. Join the ventrillo :)

~Mike~

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:44:59

Jamglue

lololol I like how at the bottom it says "Discover your talent"

A bit ironic IMO. Discover someone elses talent then play with it more like.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 15:48:22

At 1/23/09 03:01 PM, Nav wrote:
I've heard they really shine when run through a dedicated integrated amp.

What's a dedicated integrated amp?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 16:07:45

At 1/23/09 03:48 PM, zaporzan wrote: What's a dedicated integrated amp?

An amplifier dedicated to your PC. As in, not a portable one, or something that you're already using for something else. I dunno.

At 1/23/09 03:04 PM, Rucklo wrote: Grunge
Heyyy, nice, a new lounge! Who would have known?! ^______Å
Me and a friend are in the makings of some grunge-trip-hop styled stuff here. Anyone have any weird ideas for lyrics? Grunge = mental illness combined with alcohol, drugs, selfpity etc....

I say sample some. Just sample an Alice in Chains track and put some breaks under it! :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 16:15:30

I want new headphones too, though I just spent some saved money :p
It'd be nice, such good solid headphones, with a headphone amp. But ah well, I'll have to save for that

goes back to working on a project

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 16:23:54

THE OLD AUDIO LOUNGE

A screenie for nostalgic moments:

The Audio Forum Lounge

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 16:26:03

Flawed Plan

At 1/23/09 02:16 PM, Envy wrote:
So theres a new subject every post as long as it's in bold... Well that plan seems a bit flawed, doesn't it?

You kidding? Skimming through the thread is so much easier now because if someone puts any bold face in it, I immediately know the gist of what they're getting at. Scroll through the page and read only the bold type to see what I'm talking about.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 16:37:46

Life will be good now!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 16:37:58

The Whole Bold Thing

It's a good idea - but I hope no-one will forget, cause normally - one person does.. then everyone XD

Anyone who does not post their subject in bold will be shot.

then banned :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-01-23 16:44:33

Bold text

Relevant to bold text

We should change bold to italic, underlined, AND bold to differentiate ourselves from the other forum lounges.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature