Newgrounds was the first website EVER to allow real-time publishing of movies and games. The original content format was Flash but we officially removed the word "Flash" in 2012 as we moved to include animation in video format as well as HTML5 and Unity games.
Here's how things progressed!
Flash Portal History 1999
- It started as a dump for my smaller projects... then evolved.
Flash Portal History 2000
- The Portal gets automated and creative chaos ensues!
Flash Portal History 2001
- Starts with someone setting up the bomb, ends with 9/11. The Clock Crew is born!
Flash Portal History 2002
- The web was in a slump and NG ran like crap, but that didn't stop Alien Hominid.
Flash Portal History 2003
- The multi-author system inspires the first collab. Foamy rants for the first time.
Flash Portal History 2004
- Disturbing news of multiple deaths is washed over by the Numa Numa craze.
Flash Portal History 2005
- Interactive Buddies, Stick RPGs, Ultimate Showdowns & a game about Dad 'n Me.
Flash Portal History 2006
- The first Pico Day, the first Tank Men and... Metal Gear Awesome!
Flash Portal History 2007
- Art collabs, splash attacks and Jerry!
Flash Portal History 2008
- The Year of Awesome, Meat Boy, There She Is ends & Chuck got a new Tux!
Flash Portal History 2009
- We found Closure, Tossed Turtles, Fkcd with Time, & visited Miami... As a Shark!
Flash Portal History 2010
- First Leo & Satan, first Minecraft cartoon, Road of the Dead & The Room game.
Flash Portal History 2011
- Dot Dot Dot, There's No Time to Explain, Skincraft & the Binding of Isaac!
Flash Portal History 2012
- Abobo's Big Adventure, Starbarians arrive & we have a Lucky Day... Forever.
Flash Portal History 2013
- Cathode Raybots, The Reward, Lakeview Cabin and some BEEEEES.