00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my!

38,217 Views | 295 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 11:09:52

At 10/2/08 11:38 PM, Steve3377 wrote:
At 10/2/08 09:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: We are hoping the TAG system will manage a lot of this. Eventually we will highlight specific blah blah blah...
You dirty, dirty spammer.

Your kidding right?

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 11:28:10

Tom, could you please put back the Score Ranking?! I miss being able to boast about my movies being in the top 1000 movie entries!

PLEASE!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 12:32:08

I just thought of something, since you added tags and generes you should add advance search options.
that would be nice.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 15:33:15

Maybe a soundboards category for games would be good. Nice new features, Tom & staff!

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 17:49:29

I see we've got or profile icons left to our audio submissions as well now... looks prettier than before. I like it. It would be cool if the icon for the song itself could be somewhere there too. I'm not quite so sure how much I like the fact that the "add author to favourites" option is reduced to a tiny little .gif image though, it seems to be much easier to overlook now.

Thanks for not forgetting us puny audio artists though. <3

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 19:28:18

I wouldn't mind a feature where we could select a few of our submissions to display on our page as main attractions as well as recent stuff (think featured wotsit on Deviantart pages). That way, when people visit someone who has tonnes of random spam in his collection, they can instantly know which ones are worth checking out.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 19:43:14

At 10/3/08 07:28 PM, Wonchop wrote: I wouldn't mind a feature where we could select a few of our submissions to display on our page as main attractions as well as recent stuff (think featured wotsit on Deviantart pages). That way, when people visit someone who has tonnes of random spam in his collection, they can instantly know which ones are worth checking out.

For once, I actually agree with Wonchop.

Whoa, what are those four evil-looking guys on horses doing here?

wolf piss

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-03 21:22:37

At 10/3/08 07:28 PM, Wonchop wrote: I wouldn't mind a feature where we could select a few of our submissions to display on our page as main attractions as well as recent stuff (think featured wotsit on Deviantart pages). That way, when people visit someone who has tonnes of random spam in his collection, they can instantly know which ones are worth checking out.

I feel like I'm saying this about everything but that's another thing that was in the original user page design, for the big site redesign last year. :)

It's not certain if we'll ever let artists choose which Flash gets prioritized on their userpage front page Flash box, but we eventually WILL give users a showcase box they control - that is one of the big user page features that is still missing.

The looming question is whether each user gets a showcase box, simply titled SHOWCASE, or if a user can generate numerous boxes with names of their choosing. This would be a fun empowering feature, but it becomes a bunch of collection pages existing on the front of a user page, which is where it gets out of control, but we'll see what we end up doing eventually.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-04 07:09:57

At 10/2/08 08:49 PM, Bezman wrote: Hrm...

I'm trying to put in appropriate titles for 'Pico Jr. Jr. v0.6' and whatever I put in, it says, "Please ensure that you have designated an approriate role for each contributor, which most accurately reflects their contribution to the submission."

After noticing that other portal submissions had special titles for audio tracks, I guessed (correctly) that that was the source of my problems last night - I hadn't chosen anything for the audio.

You should implement a better error message - the existing one is MISLEADING rather than informative!

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-04 09:16:23

0.0 rlly?

Do or die.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-04 14:21:50

In one movie, I tried to credit more than one person as the "Author" and it wouldn't let me.
Both of us contributed the exact same amount, which was the point of the project. But in the end I had to make only me Author, and him Artist, even though he full deserved the Author title aswell.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-04 20:35:24

Hey, Tom, are you gonna make a "browse by genre" dropdown for the flash portal? that would be awesome.

Check out the flaming atom forums! A growing community of youtubers, with interesting discussions and a minecraft server. http://forum.flamingatom.com/index/

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-04 21:31:41

At 10/3/08 11:09 AM, Scuzzfest wrote:
At 10/2/08 09:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: We are hoping the TAG system will manage a lot of this. Eventually we will highlight specific blah blah blah...
Your kidding right?

Triple posts twice on the same page.
It speaks for itself?

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-05 03:32:31

MADNESS REGENT IS MAD and also the treasure hunt was already released, wasnt it???

-My signature is here, visit my page or pm me....

Visit my page plz? Pretty plz???

Send a message? Pm me???

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-05 03:33:33

At 10/2/08 09:59 PM, Puzzled wrote: its good to see NG growing and evolving :)

yea i got to agree :) NG was soo cool since i been here... even though i made an account too recent

Send a message? Pm me???

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-05 03:35:03

Your kidding right?

i agree man....... youve got to be jokin.....he is TOMFULP man and wat the heck (wth) is he a spammer???

Send a message? Pm me???

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-05 03:36:14

At 10/4/08 09:31 PM, Steve3377 wrote:
Your kidding right?
Triple posts twice on the same page.
It speaks for itself?

wat r u sayin man? i dont understand u man.....ur signature is funny though. u sure u got cookies? my tummies rumbling

Send a message? Pm me???

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-05 12:57:48

At 10/5/08 03:35 AM, bioman3wars wrote:
i agree man....... youve got to be jokin.....he is TOMFULP man and wat the heck (wth) is he a spammer???

Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's perfect.
:Scuzzfest wrote:
:your sig is funny
ty.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-05 12:59:35

At 10/5/08 03:35 AM, bioman3wars wrote:

Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's perfect.

At 10/5/08 03:35 AM, Bioman3wars wrote:
your sig is funny

ty.
(i fucked up the last quotes, sorry)

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-05 16:25:48

I like them updates! Takes more time than before submitting stuff, but it's worth the waits, lots of good options to chose from.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-06 00:24:19

It does'nt matter who the are, if they helped you, they deserve some credit. I'm glad that these changes have been put in place. Even if you put their name in the credits of the submission, you should co-author them (i'm talking about you , Johhny Recketfingers guy). Even if it's just to be nice, do it. If I ever get into flash, I would happily Co-Author anybody who helped me (even if they didn't have an acount). Now everybody get along.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-07 17:59:11

I think the new features are super cool! On my Mac OSX 10.5 running FireFox the new icons are a little cramped (see picture).

I think that an auto-fill feature for commonly used TAGS would make it a lot more useful. I often find myself wondering what tags to use. yay metadata

Oh, and WHEN CAN I UPLOAD .PNGs? Ever since I switched off of IE a decade ago, they've been my image format of choice, why do you make pngs sit on the back of the bus, tom?

Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my!

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-07 23:53:28

Will we be able to Search based on Genre?

Also, maybe add "series" to the list?

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-10 12:27:12

Why does spam = strategy?

n/a

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-10 18:41:10

At 10/10/08 12:27 PM, ZiggyZack99 wrote: Why does spam = strategy?

Sorry, elaboration:

When I say a submission is spam in Genre, why does it change to strategy?

n/a

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-10-11 20:03:36

I've got one... don't know if its been suggested yet...
How bout under "Genre" add something like "Newgrounds Day" as an option for things submitted on certain days like Pico Day, Clock Day, ect...

For now, I don't know what else my clock day stuff is but "Spam"