00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my!

38,181 Views | 295 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:30:28

Whoah, I like this.

Gets the authors more exposure, very interesting indeed!

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:30:41

This website sure is getting advanced.

With its fancy titles and wacky side-banners.

Good to see.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:32:24

It says missing parameters but I filled every box in wtf

you are probably not funny

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:35:05

Cool systems, Tom.

I have a suggestion, though: you should let people apply multiple contribution types to individual contributors. For example, if one person did writing and directing, another did audio and code, and another did animating and voice acting, it'd be nice if you could say so right there. :0

By the way, I know it seems given, but sometimes the person who does "art" isn't the same as the person who does "animation," so consider adding a separate "animation" contributor type.

Oh, also, there doesn't appear to be a "voice actor" type, which would probably be different from what most would think of when you just say "audio." Just throwing it out there.

Nice work and good post.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:36:03

At 9/30/08 06:29 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: TOM READ THIS

MAKE A CHECKOFF FOR IF YOU ARE EVEN IMPLEMENTING NG ADS.

The splits account for winnings from competitions and what not, too.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:36:31

At 9/30/08 06:32 PM, Wiiporter wrote: It says missing parameters but I filled every box in wtf

nevermind I got it

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:38:32

wow awesome update!!! Too bad I have to edit about 80 submissions now, lol!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:39:18

For a minute I was thinking the favorites button was going to be that new buddy thing that you were talking about earlier, but I suppose I was wrong. Good to see more use of the icons, I think it's time for me to change mine though.

This is a pretty intense news post, I'm a little sad that I have to give DLT some of my money from Jive Machine (ha, not that I've reached $50 yet...)

The details for coauthor is pretty cool, helps clear up some confusion.

Glad Adam really enjoyed the trophy... they are pretty awesome, really don't know how he couldn't.

Also, Tom... Uhhh, I was having a shit ton of problems with that FLA last night, I'm about to shoot the your way shortly because it's over 10mb and I don't think it will let me upload it... so get ready ;)

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:40:50

At 9/30/08 06:16 PM, Aksumka wrote: Sweet my NG is evolving!

What does this mean for you?

n/a

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:40:50

There needs to be a "voice actor" selection available.

And for flash types, how about an "Informative" type. "Educational" is not the same as "Informative"

I invented the "Informative" genre. Its better than having to call your flash "Educational." Who the hell wants to be educated on Newgrounds?

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:40:51

et's say I collaborated with a big time artist and he submits it in his name. I am credited as an artist. He wins Daily 1st. Do I still get the opp. to make a front page post, or do I need to make my own movie under my name?

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:41:13

At 9/30/08 06:35 PM, Masquatto wrote: Oh, also, there doesn't appear to be a "voice actor" type, which would probably be different from what most would think of when you just say "audio." Just throwing it out there.

Nice work and good post.

yes, it needs "voice actor."

Jedermann sein eigner truthahn abendessen.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:42:10

hah, neat

on a side note, (maybe this has already been said) you can't change the image for flash files anymore (the little icon that appears next to it). Is this my computer acting weird perhaps?

In a related story, when I try to change my user icon, neither gifs or pngs will work for some reason, even though thats what it says it has to be

The End has begun

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:42:51

Haha I love that spam is a genre.

"Is this not a reasonable place to park?"

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:45:01

Huzzah to site updates!

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:49:40

Finnaly i see the artist picture and a cd it looks so much nicer then a list of names with no pictures a big giant improvment lol kinda

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:50:01

At 9/30/08 06:41 PM, mrnihil wrote:
At 9/30/08 06:35 PM, Masquatto wrote: Oh, also, there doesn't appear to be a "voice actor" type, which would probably be different from what most would think of when you just say "audio." Just throwing it out there.

Nice work and good post.
yes, it needs "voice actor."

there is a 'voice' type

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:51:38

I HAVE A PROBLEM.

I'm trying to update "The CTSG Collab" with revenue splits and added a person in the "non-credited authors" section who I couldn't fit in the main authors part. Whenever I click "Submit", it says "Error - revenues must add up to 100". I counted the numbers several times and they all add up to 100.

Needs to be fixed, kthx.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:51:43

Sweet! When are we getting CC stuff in the Store and A Offical CC Game (like Alien Homidid).

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:52:55

At 9/30/08 06:21 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I really don't like the new icons in the movie details, in a large co-authored movie with several different pieces from the audio portal, it pushes the voting bar further and further down.

It always did that, actually - authors always had three lines each, so it's not a whole lot taller than it was.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:53:25

Tom why haven't you made a "Tutorial" option for what genre your Flash is? Closest thing I could put for my tutorial was "skill" and I vowed to teach people how to draw WITHOUT skill :/

Please add a Tutorial option since they're very common on Newgrounds to the big list....(I mean jezuz chruzt you have SPAM but not Tutorial?)

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:55:04

At 9/30/08 06:28 PM, elliez3 wrote: What about the users who post around NG, but don't have flash? Will WE get reimbursed somehow??

Eventually.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:57:33

Verrrrry coool feature! NG is more powerful now. i'm going to edit some stuff now, test it out.
very coooool!

Thank you for sharing about "Leon and the Wolf", Tom!

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:57:44

There's a fancy-pancy co-author system for Flash now, but still no co-author system at all for Audio submissions. I (and I know many other people) would like to see co-authors for the Audio Portal sometime soon please.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:58:37

PLATFORMER should be a genre.

I don't know- Now that I'm thinkin about it; If I was some guy who made a song on Newgrounds a few years ago and I started getting HEY GUESS WHAT YOU JUST GOT $0.03 FROM TOM FULP every month out of nowhere I'd probably be confused as hell.

Also Newgrounds is undoubtedly the easiest site to get your Flash shit on, but is it gonna scare anyone off if you start making the money stuff a compulsary thing? Like is that gonna be a barrier for anyone?

Nice interface anyway.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 18:59:01

At 9/30/08 06:51 PM, Rig wrote: I'm trying to update "The CTSG Collab" with revenue splits and added a person in the "non-credited authors" section who I couldn't fit in the main authors part. Whenever I click "Submit", it says "Error - revenues must add up to 100". I counted the numbers several times and they all add up to 100.

PM me all of the details, so I can try and replicate the issue. I did double check all of that stuff, but something could have slipped through, I suppose.

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 19:04:14

there is a small bug. I tried to put stuff like "intro" and credits in my music, and when I click retrieve the name of the song, it doenst appear!

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 19:04:22

At 9/30/08 06:29 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: MAKE A CHECKOFF FOR IF YOU ARE EVEN IMPLEMENTING NG ADS.

otherwise its really annoying to go through ALL music credits and ALL artist credits and type a 1 in for everything to save changes >=(

We prefer to have people make this decision up front for their submissions, because ultimately there could be more revenue than just Flash ads (prizes being the first example).

BBS Signature

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 19:05:02

So I guess the "Tutorial" category should get brushed off completely as a no?

Response to Rev-Split, Authors, Genres, oh my! 2008-09-30 19:05:47

Wow, I really like the new features, particularly the "contribution" feature. It came as a bit of a surprise to me, I must say. I'll be sure to use it.

And upon looking at the Flash Submit page, I see there's a couple more features... non-credited authors... contributions... and tags?! Damn, we've been in need of tags for a while. Awesome job, Tom!

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature