Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 3rd, 2010 @ 08:32 AM Reply

At 6/2/10 05:51 PM, Nev wrote:
At 6/2/10 04:31 PM, Auz wrote: He's this ice-cold killer that shoots people with a silenced shotgun (how awesome is that? :p).
I thought he was using some kind of pressured gas thing?

Like Sense-Offender said he uses both. I just love the sound of that shotgun :)

I also like the 'good guy' Llewelyn. At least he's not frustratingly stupid, like so often in movies where a random guy gets involved in a drug deal or some other criminal activity. He kinda knows what he's doing and he's definitely not a coward.
He's ace. But he's also why I didn't like the film that much cause of what happens to him.

Yes that was a strange plot twist, but I thought it was interesting.

Too bad they didn't show how the gunfight went.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:44 PM Reply

Waltz With Bashir was good.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 12:46 PM Reply

Recently watched The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. It was funny because they went a different route than with the television show. The jokes were all really surreal and you didn't necessarily have to be a fan of the show to get what was going on. That, and the David Hasselhoff cameo was pretty tight.

I'd give this one a solid 7 out of 10.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 06:03 PM Reply

In the last two days I've watched There Will Be Blood and City of God.

There Will Be Blood rocked, there's little Daniel Day Lewis touches that doesn't turn to gold but "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE" was up there with the best lines

City of God was just as good, loved the frenetic story and camerwork and stuff and blah blah blah

yeah

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 10:13 PM Reply

I saw Derrick Comedy's movie, Mystery Team, which was pretty funny. And I watched this Thai action movie called Chocolate, about an autistic girl who learns martial arts by watching many martial arts films and starts kicking people's asses to get money that is owed to her sick mother. It was pretty damn cool. She does the thing that Jackie Chan does with mints in Armour of the Gods/Operation Condor, only with little colored chocolates. And I saw a not-so-good action movie. Ninja Assassin. Most of the action is dark and blurry and its FULL of CGI. All the blood and dismemberment is animated, making it look worse. once someone loses a foot, that foot becomes a cartoon foot. people bleed cartoon blood. And the cop bitch should have just been completely cut out of the movie. any moment of dialogue is painful, but the action isn't even good.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 10:52 PM Reply

Recently saw The Fly (1986, 20th Century Fox) with Jeff Goldblum.

The movie was very interesting. The cinematography and acting was fine, but the really notable things were the gore and idea that technology can totally fuck us over. It was nice to see a 1950s science-fiction movie get a modernish remake. As a horror movie, it wasn't the type of scary like Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street, but more of a psychological brand, where you were constantly asking yourself, "What would I do if I was in that situation. Could this happen?"

So, I really enjoyed this one. Anyone else seen it?

Cinema Club

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 11:24 PM Reply

Cronenberg's the Fly was awesome. extremely sad, but awesome. I never saw the original, but I don't imagine it's quite as good.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 11:26 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 11:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Cronenberg's the Fly was awesome. extremely sad, but awesome. I never saw the original, but I don't imagine it's quite as good.

Yeah, the effects made up a good-deal of the awesomeness of that movie. I doubt that a 50s version of the movie could live up to that.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 6/5/10 12:46 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Recently watched The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. It was funny because they went a different route than with the television show. The jokes were all really surreal and you didn't necessarily have to be a fan of the show to get what was going on. That, and the David Hasselhoff cameo was pretty tight.

I went to see The Spongebob Squarepants Movie when it was in the cinemas, I wasn't a fan of the show but got talked in to going. I too thought that the movie was quite different to the show. The whole time I was watching it I was thinking "I'm glad I didn't take any Acid before this or this would be messed up, or did I take Acid?......Nope, I'm fine..........." The film messes with your head if your a teenager, but kids seem to love it. Like most kids TV there probibly some kind of deep seeded drug references anyway.

I like that the Motörhead song "You Better Swim" is being played in the background at the thug bar. I though that it was a nice touch, a little thumbs up for the rock fans.

I'd give this one a solid 7 out of 10.

Personally I'd give it 8 out of 10, but I do have a very childish sence of humour.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 11:26 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 6/7/10 11:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Cronenberg's the Fly was awesome. extremely sad, but awesome. I never saw the original, but I don't imagine it's quite as good.
Yeah, the effects made up a good-deal of the awesomeness of that movie. I doubt that a 50s version of the movie could live up to that.

It's really good for an old-school horror film. It's from that era where the classic Universal monsters gave way to sci-fi schlock, but it does it incredibly well. Of course, some people hate older movies regardless, if you're one of those it's not going to win you over. Vincent Price is awesome no matter what he does though, so it's at last a little worth it to watch him do his thing.

I'd also strongly recommend John Carpenter's The Thing if you want another excellent horror remake. It's another Pre-CG gore fest that holds up incredibly well. Too bad every remake they do nowadays is utter shit.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 9th, 2010 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 6/8/10 09:23 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
I'd also strongly recommend John Carpenter's The Thing if you want another excellent horror remake. It's another Pre-CG gore fest that holds up incredibly well. Too bad every remake they do nowadays is utter shit.

Fuck Iron Man 2, The Thing still has some of the best effects ever.

------

Watched The Book of Eli, it was a so-so Christian action film.

Despite not being religious at all, I wasn't bothered by any of that - the film just lacked a story. Overall it was ok, nice action set-pieces and I fairly interesting ending.

5/10

Baby Britain.
Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 9th, 2010 @ 03:44 PM Reply

The Thing is one of my favorite movies. Besides how just great it is, the effects are freaking shockingly amazing for its time...except the bit of claymation at the end, but at least they left a good deal of that on the cutting room floor. Also, Ennio Morricone's (lol maricon) score for the film is great.

Here's a fun fact. The opening title is a fish tank covered with a trash bag, burned away with a heated up wire...the wire, which, you can see behind the letters. lol

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 9th, 2010 @ 07:02 PM Reply

I just watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

In my opinion it was very interesting to see a toon world mixed with reality. I believe the movie often gets praised for how well this is done, and personally I can agree with it. I also thought the movie had lots of funny moments. It's mostly wacky, cartoony humor, but it worked in my opinion.

Overall 8 out of 10. Very enjoyable.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 9th, 2010 @ 07:22 PM Reply

Recently watched The Blind Side. It was a decent, feel-good sports movie. The football scenes were fun to watch and the dialog was life-like, but interesting.

However, the real reason to watch this movie? Sandra Bullock. She looks fine in this movie.

Cinema Club

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 9th, 2010 @ 08:02 PM Reply

People, I'm in need of suggestions. Basically, I'm looking for decent Canadian films.

At the moment, I'm going through Cronenberg's earlier work (The Brood is next!) but I need some more ideas please.

-------

Incidentally, does any else visit Trailers from Hell? It's basically famous directors/writers/producers doing a commentary on an old cult movie trailer.

It's cool because they introduce you to a hidden gem of a film and provide you with interesting facts or stories about that film.

Anyway, it's a great site and Joe Dante owns it.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature
EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 12:54 AM Reply

At 6/9/10 08:02 PM, Jack wrote: People, I'm in need of suggestions. Basically, I'm looking for decent Canadian films.

At the moment, I'm going through Cronenberg's earlier work (The Brood is next!) but I need some more ideas please.

Canada's better known for its short films, but here are some feature length ones in alphabetical order that I really enjoyed. (Some might be hard to find.)

Cube (From the director and writer of the recent Splice.)
Defendor
Exotica
Last Night
Polytechnique
Pontypool
Ticket to Heaven

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 11:11 AM Reply

Did anyone see that Mortal Kombat thing on Youtube with Michael Jai White as Jax? I wonder if that's really going to be a movie. If so, we already know they fucked up everything they could. Instead of a Shokan warrior, Baraka is a doctor who cut up his own face and surgically attached blades to his arms. Instead of a lizard man, Reptile is a psychopathic cannibal who was born with Harlequin Ichthyosis and somehow survived. Johnny Cage is dead, etc.

At 6/9/10 07:22 PM, puddinN64 wrote: However, the real reason to watch this movie? Sandra Bullock. She looks fine in this movie.

She looks alright, I guess.

At 6/9/10 08:02 PM, Jack wrote: People, I'm in need of suggestions. Basically, I'm looking for decent Canadian films.

District B-19 was an alright action movie. could have been better, like, if there was no dialogue. I know it's a cheesy action movie, but the actors just made me all "nnngh shut up".

And Heavy Metal is like the best thing ever.

One of my childhood movies was the Peanut Butter Solution. pretty strange "family" movie that gave me nightmares when I was a child. That one's Canadian, too.

I still haven't seen Quest For Fire, but my mom assures me it is a good movie. also Rae Dawn Chong rape.

Another one I've been meaning to see is Black Robe. still haven't gotten around to it. And Bon Cop, Bad Cop.

That can't be all.....hmm..I dunno how many other Canadian movies I've seen. A couple movies came to mind, thinking "Quebec", but then I realized they were French movies.

lol evil midgets.

Did you watch Shivers? Man, that shit is retarded. the Brood? eh. Rabid? meh. But Scanners is a fun movie. Videodrome and Naked Lunch are both good, and by good, I mean WHAT THE FUCK. But yeah, those two are good movies. And Dead Ringers and a History of Violence are quite good. Eastern Promises was pretty good, too. Spider, I didn't really get, though I haven't seen it in a long time. I still haven't seen Existenz or Crash.

Incidentally, does any else visit Trailers from Hell? It's basically famous directors/writers/producers doing a commentary on an old cult movie trailer.

I'll take a look at this.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 6/9/10 07:02 PM, Auz wrote: I just watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I watched that a week ago with my little brother a week ago. It's one of those classic movies that grows with you. I appreciated it for all it's slapstick and the wonder of cartoons in the real world as a kid, but now when I watch it I can grasp the more risque humor and appreciate the take on the classic noir mystery. Definitely one of my favorite films from my childhood and one of the few that still hold up upon rewatching.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:56 PM Reply

I've seen Roger Rabbit so many times since I was a kid.

Remember meeeee, Eddie?! When I killed your brotheeeer?! I TALKED...JUST.....LIKE...THIIIIS!!!

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 12:54 AM, EclecticEnnui wrote:
*a great list written by a kind gentlemen*

Brilliant, thanks for the list, I'll check them all out. I think I'll check out Pontypool first, I like the look of it.

I've been meaning to see Last Night for a while but it was never available. However, it appears its going to finally be released in UK come September.

At 6/10/10 11:11 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
*another great list written by another kind gentlemen*

I shall look in to them. I'll have to see Heavy Metal first, I know a lot of people lose their shit over that film.

Did you watch Shivers? Man, that shit is retarded. the Brood? eh. Rabid? meh. But Scanners is a fun movie. Videodrome and Naked Lunch are both good, and by good, I mean WHAT THE FUCK. But yeah, those two are good movies. And Dead Ringers and a History of Violence are quite good. Eastern Promises was pretty good, too. Spider, I didn't really get, though I haven't seen it in a long time. I still haven't seen Existenz or Crash.

Yeah, you put me off seeing Shivers lol. Nah, I'll see sooner or later - probably later though.

Rabid was decent, I thought. Personally I could of had more zombies taking over Montreal then a woman walking around with a deadly penis in her armpit.

Scanners is awesome, History of Violence is good and Eastern Promises was also good. I've only seen chunks of The Fly - a crime, I know.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 11:11 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Shokan

Tarkatan, whatever.

At 6/10/10 04:59 PM, Jack wrote: Yeah, you put me off seeing Shivers lol. Nah, I'll see sooner or later - probably later though.

I'd have called it "Attack of the Horny Rape Zombies". I still have a bootleg DVD of it. That's exactly what it's about. A crazed mindless pervert rapes you and then you become one of them.

Rabid was decent, I thought. Personally I could of had more zombies taking over Montreal then a woman walking around with a deadly penis in her armpit.

haha. I think the phallic appearance of her...thing is intentional. Cronenberg is all about sexual subtext or whatever.

I've only seen chunks of The Fly - a crime, I know.

Man, the fly is sick. sick as in awesome, and as in freaking gross.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 04:59 PM, Jack wrote:
At 6/10/10 12:54 AM, EclecticEnnui wrote:
*a great list written by a kind gentlemen*
Brilliant, thanks for the list,

No problem.

I'll check them all out. I think I'll check out Pontypool first, I like the look of it.

It's one of those films that takes place almost entirely in one location, which is a radio station. There's a lot of focus on the characters, but it's interesting and sometimes funny.

I've been meaning to see Last Night for a while but it was never available. However, it appears its going to finally be released in UK come September.

What a coincidence. The film's more of a laid back look at the end of the world, instead of entire chaos. Again, there's a lot of focus on the characters, but they're engaging to watch. The oddest and probably most memorable is a sex addict.

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 07:04 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
I'd have called it "Attack of the Horny Rape Zombies". I still have a bootleg DVD of it. That's exactly what it's about. A crazed mindless pervert rapes you and then you become one of them.

You've sold me, I just ordered it - it cost me £1.

So yeah, my thoughts on that later. As for The Fly, I've kinda been putting off watching that simply because I don't want to see Jeff Goldblum falling apart (literary). Just the little things like his finger nails falling off makes me feel sick.

I guess I just have to man up and watch it.

At 6/10/10 09:44 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote:
It's one of those films that takes place almost entirely in one location, which is a radio station. There's a lot of focus on the characters, but it's interesting and sometimes funny.

I've ordered that one to rent, hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. Anyway, I don't expect that much zombie carnage from Pontypool as it sounds like Night of the Living Dead or Assault on Precinct 13 where it focuses on a handful of characters rather then whats going on outside - I look forward to watching it.

What a coincidence. The film's more of a laid back look at the end of the world, instead of entire chaos. Again, there's a lot of focus on the characters, but they're engaging to watch. The oddest and probably most memorable is a sex addict.

I watched a few clips of Last Night on Youtube - seems very interesting. I idea of people trying to figure out that they want to do in there final hours is heartbreaking - it just seems more realistic then other end-of-the-world films.

---

Anyway, I may watch Daybreakers tonight - I've heard its pretty good.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 12th, 2010 @ 12:07 AM Reply

Just watched The House of the Devil, fantastic horror film. It's like an eighties throwback film, but instead using the time setting as an excuse to throw out cheap references it actually feels like a horror film from the eighties. Hell, if you went into it not knowing that it was only a few years old you probably think that it had been released alongside The Amityville Horror and Halloween. It's also a hell of a good horror film. Without ruining too much it has a perfect balance of slowly tightening tension that explodes in the finale. It's so refreshing after seeing all these shitty horror remakes to see a movie that actually understands what made the original films classics and unlike Rob Zombie who feels the need to continually rip off the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series this is thoroughly original despite being so familiar. I can't recommend it enough for horror fans.

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 12th, 2010 @ 08:07 AM Reply

At 6/12/10 12:07 AM, Jercurpac wrote: Just watched The House of the Devi

I liked House of the Devil, like you said, an 80's throwback without many gimmicks. The titles were in a nice yellow font, it had a nice John Carpenter-like score, good cinematography and decent acting from the lead. For me personally, I thought the middle was too slow - they could of cut out 10 minutes of her just walking around the house being nosy.

It's weird because Ti West shows talent in that film but I thought his Cabin Fever sequel was terrible. Although, apparently he disowns it now, so whatever.

------

Anyway, LoveFilm came through for me and I have a stack of blu-rays to watch - Daybreakers, The Great Dictator, The Warriors and Pontypool are going to get watched this weekend.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 12th, 2010 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 6/12/10 08:07 AM, Jack wrote: It's weird because Ti West shows talent in that film but I thought his Cabin Fever sequel was terrible. Although, apparently he disowns it now, so whatever.

Yeah, apparently they changed editors half way through the Cabin Fever sequel, completely started editing from scratch leaving him out of the process and then just left the film in limbo until House of the Devil came out and started getting good press.

I can definitely see why some people would be bored in the middle and to be honest, that's probably intentional. The contrast between the most of the movie and the ending makes the fairly minimal levels of gore feel more shocking than they normally would be. But yeah, that's probably going to be the one hurdle that's going to turn a lot of people off. The movie is a very slow build.

BBS Signature
EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 18th, 2010 @ 01:23 AM Reply

Saw Unthinkable, a new psychological thriller starring Carrie-Anne Moss, Samuel L. Jackson, and Michael Sheen. It's about an American Muslim terrorist who claims there are three nuclear bombs that will explode in the country in a few days. He lets himself get caught and is interrogated and tortured for the whereabouts of the bombs in a secret military run location. Seems basic, but it's not.

The film definitely took me for a ride with how far the limits of morality are pushed. Samuel L. Jackson plays the main torturer, quite a different character for him, but a very convincing character, nevertheless. Carrie-Anne Moss plays an FBI agent who's against the process at first, but kind of goes along with it. Moss is also good, but plays it more or less like the typical dry female character I've seen many times before in other films and shows. Speaking of shows, I've seen maybe one or two full episodes of 24, although one may find this film to be similar with how I described it and since the plot's counting down to the detonations, it's leading up to some kind of ending.

For me, the film's unconventional. The acting and the script are not always realistic and even a bit formulaic, though they're quibbles. I do think the film raises discussions for people on morals and sacrifice for a country in time of need. Samuel is really gutsy playing his character who's arguably more evil than Hayley from Hard Candy, even though both characters are fighting crime. Unthinkable lives up to its name and much more.

*Insert Pulp Fiction quote here.*

Cinema Club

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 18th, 2010 @ 06:42 PM Reply

Watched "They Live" the other day in college. (Good thing about being a Media student and its the end of the year, all we seem to do is watch films.) Its a great cult 80's Sci-Fi Action movie, directed by John Carpenter and with a great performance from Roddy Piper as a nameless man referred to as "Nada" a quiet out of work drifter who moves to L.A. where he notices strange things going on.

The whole film has a quite obvious subliminal message of anti-consumerism but even if you don't agree with the message it's still a great film, which includes a hilariously long fight scene and some absolute classic lines that you will be repeating for weeks. My favorite is "Brother, life's a bitch... and she's back in heat."

I would recommend this film to any fan of Sci-Fi or Action especially Action films with quite cheesey moments, like a few of the schwarzeneggers. (Total Recall comes straight to mind.) Worth a good 8/10.

Cinema Club

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 18th, 2010 @ 07:08 PM Reply

Seeing Toy Story 3 tomorrow. It has a rare 99% on the Tomatometer. Not many films get that high with tons of reviews. It'll probably live up to the long wait.

At 6/18/10 06:42 PM, Decky1991 wrote: Watched "They Live" the other day in college.

I wanna see that one. What's interesting is in the South Park episode "Cripple Fight", the fight Jimmy and Timmy have is I think almost a shot-by-shot remake of the fight between George Nada and Frank Armitage. I love how the makers experiment with the show every so often.

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Cinema Club Jun. 18th, 2010 @ 07:29 PM Reply

I watched Daybreakers, the guys who made it also made the Aussie zombie which I thought was terrible. Daybreakers on the other hand, was totally awesome. It had some really fantastic ideas of how these vampires are able to live on the earth without being burnt by the sun. Also, coffee with blood in it lolololol.

8/10

Pontypool, was also good. Visually, it looked incredible and I thought the whole mystery of what was actually happening was interesting. For me, it kinda lost its edge towards the end, dialogue seemed forced from time to time and another character appears near the end who seems to of come from a completely different film.

6/10

--------

Oh wait, what do I have on my desk? A dvd copy of Shivers..Hmm.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature