00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

c82669390 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Radio Podcast Club

21,032 Views | 311 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-29 16:44:38

I just wanted to let you guys know that i also created a logo. I'm not sure exactly WHERE to use it, but i figured i needed to have one.

Ng Radio Podcast Club

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-30 21:33:47

I absolutly love this idea. I came across this today, searching exactly for this type of thing in iTunes, and fell in love. =)

I'll be keeping in touch every week, believe me.

If you need any help with anything, please do ask, I'm more than willing to help support this idea, and make it popular. ^^

Lemme know. I'm open whenever needed.
This is the shit. Nuff said. ^-^

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-30 23:54:41

At 4/30/08 09:33 PM, ContentLost wrote: I absolutly love this idea. I came across this today, searching exactly for this type of thing in iTunes, and fell in love. =)

Thanks. It's nice ot know where the advertising is hitting home...

I'll be keeping in touch every week, believe me.

I'll hold you to that :)... It seems like the hardest thing for people to do is keep intrest in this for more than a month...

If you need any help with anything, please do ask, I'm more than willing to help support this idea, and make it popular. ^^

Linking it in your sig/ Using my sig picture could help spread the word. Publicity seems to be this show's biggest problem..

If you would like to actually help the show out, then you would need to be a little bit more specific. Check the first page, and i think i mentioned current jobs available...
If you would like to contribute music/ DJ a show, i could let you know exactly what you would need to do. Seriously, even MAKING a show can be comepletely free (Except for the mic, but that's a one time fee...). I'd like to show you the ropes if you're interested

Lemme know. I'm open whenever needed.
This is the shit. Nuff said. ^-^

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 13:42:56

I would absolutly love to DJ a show. I would of course have to buy a mic, but I'm sure I can buy one. If not use a friends for the time being.

So I wouldn't mind helping you out in that area. I'm sure I could look for songs as well. Thats what I've been doing for the passed month or so (And finally said fuck it and made an account. Haha), so thats perfect.

Lemme see what you have in mind for a DJ and I'll see if I think I could possiblly host a show! :)

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 14:11:28

At 5/1/08 01:42 PM, ContentLost wrote: I would absolutly love to DJ a show. I would of course have to buy a mic, but I'm sure I can buy one. If not use a friends for the time being.

Well, whatever you can do. I'm not real picky, as my mic only cost about 20 bucks...

So I wouldn't mind helping you out in that area. I'm sure I could look for songs as well. Thats what I've been doing for the passed month or so (And finally said fuck it and made an account. Haha), so thats perfect.

Actually, if you want to host a show, you might just want to focus on getting songs for your own show. That might be hard enough...

Lemme see what you have in mind for a DJ and I'll see if I think I could possiblly host a show! :)

Alright, there's a lot of stuff that i need to bombard you with, but i'm going to do it one baby step at a time. I've got a few questions so i know exactly what you're planning to do.

#1 Are you going to be co-hosting, or doing your own show?

#2 What KIND of music will you be playing? Will it be all one genre, a mix, or change Genre's every week?

#3 Are you really ready to dedicate yourself to this?

The first question is probably the most definitive one. If you plan on co-hosting, that makes a lot of different steps than doing another show that is independent, but still on the same track as mine.

The second question is basically asking what TYPE of show you're going to do. Will it be a Metal show? Will it be everything? Will be a trance show? What kind of show are you looking to do?

The third question is to really ask you if you're ready to take on the responsibility of a show. I'm assuming that you're thinking about doing it once a week, since that seems to be the norm.

I'm not doubting that you can make it, but many people do what is known as "Podfading". They start out with what they think is a great idea, but lose interest a week or two later.

Simply realize that podcasting is WORK. It's rewarding work, but still work. There are show notes to type up so you don't get lost, song numbers to type up, there's compilating the music, adjusting the mic so that there's no background noise. Just remember, however long you're looking to make this (and i would suggest under 30 mins), take that number and times it by about 2X. That's how much work you're going to have to do to actually make the podcast itself.

Still, don't let me scare you away from DJ'ing. All in all, once you get the ball rolling, and you understand it, it really doesn't take that long to make an episode. If you're still interested, i'll give you some programs that i use when you can get back to me.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 14:41:34

At 5/1/08 02:11 PM, Gorillazrock wrote:
At 5/1/08 01:42 PM, ContentLost wrote: I would absolutly love to DJ a show. I would of course have to buy a mic, but I'm sure I can buy one. If not use a friends for the time being.
Well, whatever you can do. I'm not real picky, as my mic only cost about 20 bucks...

Actually, if you want to host a show, you might just want to focus on getting songs for your own show. That might be hard enough...

Alright, there's a lot of stuff that i need to bombard you with, but i'm going to do it one baby step at a time. I've got a few questions so i know exactly what you're planning to do.

#1 Are you going to be co-hosting, or doing your own show?

I wouldn't mind doing my own show. of course I'd have to be careful and it would have to take me a few tries.

#2 What KIND of music will you be playing? Will it be all one genre, a mix, or change Genre's every week?

The first thing I'd like to try is Drum & Bass. This is what I've been currently searching and found some amazing artist. Perhaps what I find can fall under that catigory? But as for everything else, I like the genre idea. So depeneding on how hard it is to find things, I'll more than likely stick with a change of Genre's every week, if not to one specific.

#3 Are you really ready to dedicate yourself to this?

Honestly, I've been wanting to do this kind of thing for a long time. Now that the opportunity has presented itself, I wish to act on it. So to say. Haha.

The first question is probably the most definitive one. If you plan on co-hosting, that makes a lot of different steps than doing another show that is independent, but still on the same track as mine.

The second question is basically asking what TYPE of show you're going to do. Will it be a Metal show? Will it be everything? Will be a trance show? What kind of show are you looking to do?

The third question is to really ask you if you're ready to take on the responsibility of a show. I'm assuming that you're thinking about doing it once a week, since that seems to be the norm.

I'm not doubting that you can make it, but many people do what is known as "Podfading". They start out with what they think is a great idea, but lose interest a week or two later.

Simply realize that podcasting is WORK. It's rewarding work, but still work. There are show notes to type up so you don't get lost, song numbers to type up, there's compilating the music, adjusting the mic so that there's no background noise. Just remember, however long you're looking to make this (and i would suggest under 30 mins), take that number and times it by about 2X. That's how much work you're going to have to do to actually make the podcast itself.

Time is not a problem for me at all. My weekends mostly free, and I don't do much after school. I'm So this is not a problem. I need something to take my time up.

Still, don't let me scare you away from DJ'ing. All in all, once you get the ball rolling, and you understand it, it really doesn't take that long to make an episode. If you're still interested, i'll give you some programs that i use when you can get back to me.

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 14:43:15

And yes, let me see the software you use. I'd like to mess around with it, see what all I can do and what not. xP

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 15:23:52

At 5/1/08 02:43 PM, ContentLost wrote: And yes, let me see the software you use. I'd like to mess around with it, see what all I can do and what not. xP

Well, mine's not really all that hard. I use Audacity, mostly. If you need help on it, a tutorial may not be all that hard. I'm thinking about creating a tutorial video for you, and i may do one on how to upload it later..

Also, to export the data from Audacity into an MP3, it uses something called LAME. I would recomend downloading it, since the program will ask you to do it when you first try to export an MP3.

I'll post more info as i go, such as what technique i try to use to make my voice sound a little better..

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 15:25:43

Sorry, forgot to post the image of what the screen looks like, to make sure that you get the right program..

Ng Radio Podcast Club

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 15:57:18

Well this is easy enough! Seems rather simple to me. =) You deffenately have me on your side for this. ^^
I'll mess around with it alittle more, see what all I can do and what not. I found my mic so I'll play around, see what all I come up with. =) The program is pretty simple and layed out for you. I like it. ^^

Yay! I has a perpouse in life. xD

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 16:23:04

Also, i did end up making a youtube video. The begining is just the basics, but if you go about halfway though it will touch on normalizing, noise removial, and amplifying...

I'll post it when the damn thing will actually upload..

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 16:45:52

For the first episode I would enjoy DJing would include Drum and Bass. Here are a few songs I'd like to add to the episode. Tell me what you think:

Jake (Bassaaphex) "Retaliation"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/9 8334

CloudshapezII "Eternal"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 05559

Scott Gilmore (Moptanda) "TheBeginning"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/7 2050

MICHhimself "Cold Revenge"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 20089

DJ-Wraith "Silencer V2"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/6 9370

DruMsIzLifE "Clash Of Kings"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 07225

TheComet "Chasm"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 24035

I've got a few others, but debating on putting them up. Lemme know what you think of these.

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-01 16:48:32

At 5/1/08 04:23 PM, Gorillazrock wrote: Also, i did end up making a youtube video. The begining is just the basics, but if you go about halfway though it will touch on normalizing, noise removial, and amplifying...

I'll post it when the damn thing will actually upload..

Haha. Sounds fine to me. Lemme know when you got it up. I'll check it out. I've gotten the basics figured out. This is actually really fun once you get the hang of it. xP

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-02 13:59:27

Just wanted to mention that the 7th episode is up now. Also, the song information is in my profile, if anyone is interested...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-02 19:18:38

Oh, by the way Contentlost... I see that you uploaded the file (On the newgrounds account on ourmedia) but you didn't post to the blog. I just wanted to make sure that you found the link alright...

*Edit*
I just found out that you uploaded a m3u file (????) I need you to upload as an MP3, since that's what feedburner will detect.

I couldn't even get your music to play on the ourmedia page...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-03 02:15:23

I just got my first podcast and i just thought that I should say: great job and keep it up. And I'll diffinately keep an eye out for good songs for this.

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-03 03:15:37

Thank you very much for Downloading it...

I know that my early episodes are bad, but i promise it gets better as you go on...

Also, check out the site if you haven't already. I spent about 4 hours learning HTML to get the 3 columns, and spent about an hour and a half on the banner...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-03 12:54:05

Allright heres a try at music hunting
3 months down the line-by pitbulljones
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/7 3166

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-03 23:50:30

I like it, it's going to be be on a later show. I know it's a long way to wait, but it will be on episode number 11.. I'm rather backed up on music, but i'll get to your request when i can...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-05 09:05:18

thank you for ng radio... pretty good that somebody is supporting our audio

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-05 16:45:53

At 5/5/08 09:05 AM, winKoneR wrote: thank you for ng radio... pretty good that somebody is supporting our audio

You're welcome. I'm very happy to be able to provide this service to people, and i appreciate the feedback...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-05 23:26:25

Hey, just wanted to mention that Content Lost's new show is out... It's a hell of a lot better than my first show (but i showed her the ropes, so no fair!!!)

Anyway, check it out. IF you're subscribed, you'll get it anyway...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-07 12:12:13

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that i'm going to release my 8th episode EARLY. I need speed it up for a little bit, as i seem to be too far ahead of myself.

So, i'll be releasing the 9th episode this sunday as well...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-07 19:45:08

I KNOW I keep posting here, but i have a fairly big update for the NG Radio site. We're moving, yep, that's right, we're moving to a different domain.

I just signed up for an OFFICIAL .com site (yay!) It's only $10 a YEAR, so i figure that it's less than a dollar a month. i wouldn't mind shelling out a dollar a month for NG radio (considering i shelled out $15 for a mic that sucks). I hope it will make it a little easier to find, as well as make it more official. If there are any tech problems with going to the new website, then you can still access the old one by clicking my signature..

BTW, (If you want to test it), the domain is
www.newgroundsradio.com

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-10 16:54:46

Hey, just to let you guys know, the NINTH episode is out, and i might be able to get an interview with Skymarshall!!! I have establish contact with him, and i talked to him for an hour or two. I have NOT recorded an interview yet with him, howver. I hope to do that this weekend..

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-11 13:25:42

Gorillazrock, you might have read my PM already, and I want to let you know that I wanna do this thing for ages, and that a NG AP radio podcast should have come waaay earlier:D I'd like to be a DJ or a Music Hunter, but that depends on what spaces there are:) I prefer to be a DJ though. I have a pretty good idea for the podcast, add me on msn if you want to: alex.vogelaar@x4all.nl

Alex\/

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-11 16:00:24

At 5/11/08 01:25 PM, Ch1ll wrote: Gorillazrock, you might have read my PM already, and I want to let you know that I wanna do this thing for ages, and that a NG AP radio podcast should have come waaay earlier:D I'd like to be a DJ or a Music Hunter, but that depends on what spaces there are:) I prefer to be a DJ though. I have a pretty good idea for the podcast, add me on msn if you want to: alex.vogelaar@x4all.nl

Alex\/

Ah, so YOU'RE the one who send me a friend request... Was wondering who that was...

Well, as for DJ'ing right now, i think i'm going to see how the show with Content Lost first. I don't want too many deviations, as you have to find the right balence between a mix, and too many shows..

As for music hunter, i'd love to have you on!! Just make sure that if you ARE going to give me music, please keep it in format.

If you'd like to do arange an entire show, just let me know, and i'll get on your request as soon as possible. Also, please post the songs on this thread, as i don't always keep logs of my IM's...

If you would like to arange an entire show, let me know, and i'll EVENTUALLY make it happen

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-11 16:37:02

Well here are some songs I found:

Cornandbeans - Hollow Man {NG Cut}
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/7 7434

Cornandbeans - {I Don't Need You Anymore}
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/7 0170

NemesisTheory - Ghostwave
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 16479

B34T1N - Passage
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 30399

Waterflame - -Race Around The World
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 10798

B0UNC3 - Paradise on E [Final?]
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 6209

ZeRo BaSs - *Lighting Trigger*
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 29101

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-11 21:17:17

Thank you for the song list. I will HOPEFULLY be able to use this as the 13 podcast, since...

Episode 10- Interview with Sky marshall CONFIRMED, so we do have an interview now...
Episode 11- All music aranged already, sorry
Episode 12- Will do an interview with Jurian, and focus on his music.

That leaves episode 13 for you.

As you can see, i'm rather ahead of myself, but it ends up that i get there just in time because of how long it takes all of this stuff to line up correctly..

Of course, you could ask Contact Lost to feature you in her third show. She's doing someone for the second show, but i can't remember which one.

Contact Lost, if you can read this, please remind me WHO you were going to feature in your 2nd episode, as i've forgoten..

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-13 14:31:53

Also, ContactLost, if the automatic posting doesn't work, i've actually had to redo the entire post before.

How you do this is that you copy/paste the old post into a new one, but don't mess with the posting time.

If you can it get it to work for you, that would be freaking awsome...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature