00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Radio Podcast Club

20,931 Views | 311 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-23 11:55:10

*Tired of surfing the Audio Portal, yet only finding sub-par 30-second loops?
*Want a variety of music in one easy download?
*Are you an Artist who wants exposure?
*Or do you simply want to share your favorite music with the world?

Then the NG Radio Podcast may be for you!

Each week, i bring you at least a 30-mintue show with limited interuption (who wants to hear me talk anyway?). For the artists and viewers alike, i provide the song name and number to make it easy to find the download links for all the music you like! Alternitively, you can check my show notes at
***http://www.newgroundsradio.blogspot.c om/*** For all of the songs, listed in order!

Here's how to join us (Just do any of the the following)

#1 Search "Newgrounds" in the Itunes market, and pick "NG Radio", then "Subscribe"

#2 Add this feed url to any other program that will accept podcasts:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/NGAPradio

#3 Direct Download the files from http://www.newgroundsradio.blogspot.com/

Also, feel free to contact me either on this thread, or PM me, or reach me at:
ddrorangeman@yahoo.com

***Another thing to mention, i'm associated with "Symphony of Spectors" a similar project that is working on Archiving music for the NG community.***

Check them out At
http://www.symphonyofspecters.com/ (Offical Site)

Or check the thread at
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8867 03/3

*This club is for either music requests, suggestions, or people who would like to help out the show.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-23 13:45:49

Actually sounds cool, surprised no noe thought of this before.

How do we join, what rules yo?

I'm interested.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-24 10:31:05

At 4/23/08 01:45 PM, kidray76 wrote: Actually sounds cool, surprised no noe thought of this before.

How do we join, what rules yo?

I'm interested.

Yes, i'll answer those questions...

First off, MANY people have thought of this before. The only problem is that people try to focus on too many things, it gets too complicated, they give up, and then they "podfade". The reason this should work is becuase it's not really that much work for me (I enjoy most of it). Also, i don't try to cover too many bases

As for rules of conduct, most of the stuff that applies to the Newgrounds BBS in general applies here. If you can't follow thier basic rules, you probably shouldn't be on Newgrounds in general...

As for joining, i don't truely have a "club" standpoint setup right now.

If you want to support us, then there are various ways you can do so. From something as little as linking in your sig, to helping type up show notes, to actually making your own show in parrell with mine.

If you want specific jobs, such as ways to help out the show, or possibly join as another DJ, then i'll list them all here, as well as what you can do.

Blogmaster (only myself)
· Responsibilities:
o To copy the data from the Stored music to the blog description
o Publish post so Itunes can recognize it.
o If not uploaded to a database, upload it

This can only be done by me, for now, since I'm not going to share the password that basically controls this whole thing

DJ
-Responsibilities:
* To record a show using music provided
* upload that show to either the database, or give to the Blogmaster. (usually easier)
* If uploading to database: Also filling out the information for that episode, such as media type, bitrate, and Description.
* If uploading to a database: give the Blogmaster the url where the episode is stored.

· What you would need to do
* Type up any required show notes, such as emails to read off, interesting info on the songs, or other things so as not to forget while you're doing the show
* Record the Episode smoothly
* Have a good speaking voice
* Answer mail
* ALWAYS mention ID number! (This is to promote the artists, after all.)

Music Scout
-Responsibilities
*To find music for the show (basically a music hunter)
* Make sure to notify the artist that it will be in an episode, and have a link to www.newgroundsradio.blogspot.com, or this thread in that notification

-What you would need to do
* Save a copy of each URL, along with name of track
(http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/
(######)
* Put those tracks in chronological order, starting with the earliest. VERY simple. Just put all files in a folder, then sort by name. Since all NG songs start with their ID number, this puts the lowest first. This ensures that the songs on the show, and the songs in the episode are both in the same order
* Send the Document to the DJ to read off songs, and also to Blogmaster to put songlist in post.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-24 11:59:07

cool idea got any music hunter spots open

"They might forget what you said, but never how you made them feel"

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-24 12:01:25

and if i do join could i use that sig looks awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-24 15:15:36

I must say, this is by far one of the smartest crew ideas I've seen in ages.

I would like to request membership as both DJ and Music Hunter. I DJ alot in real life, and I don't really like the idea of imposing music on me if I ever play, as I don't like to impose my choice on others, that said, I wouldn't do one without the other...

A suggestion would be to also separate DJs according to music genres, for example I would most likely play House/Dance/Trance, while another DJ would play Metal or something. Same with hunters, I think it would make the searching and the exposure more organized.

You also need more exposure for YOUR site, by the looks of it, nobody visits, and well the Audio Portal is getting the same share of views with or without...

Hopefully You'll look into what I said.
I hope this will succeed :)

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-24 16:16:15

this is probaly gonna get pretty big so if it does you should probaly make an application form

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-24 21:01:38

At 4/24/08 11:59 AM, LakeWonder wrote: cool idea got any music hunter spots open

Sure... Just post music on here that you think is good. Remember, artist isn't necessary, but i would prefer it...

At 4/24/08 12:01 PM, LakeWonder wrote: and if i do join could i use that sig looks awesome

Please do use my sig. That goes for anyone else too, since it can only help exposure.

At 4/24/08 03:15 PM, Lebastic wrote: I must say, this is by far one of the smartest crew ideas I've seen in ages.

I would like to request membership as both DJ and Music Hunter. I DJ alot in real life, and I don't really like the idea of imposing music on me if I ever play, as I don't like to impose my choice on others, that said, I wouldn't do one without the other...

A suggestion would be to also separate DJs according to music genres, for example I would most likely play House/Dance/Trance, while another DJ would play Metal or something. Same with hunters, I think it would make the searching and the exposure more organized.

You also need more exposure for YOUR site, by the looks of it, nobody visits, and well the Audio Portal is getting the same share of views with or without...

Hopefully You'll look into what I said.
I hope this will succeed :)

Damn, you forget to mention one thing, and they go on you, i tell you...

I DO have themed shows, but it alternates week to week.
EX.
#1-Mix
#2-Theme
#3-Mix
#4-Theme

If you DO decide to DJ, then it will be a seperate show that YOU will need to produce.
It will go down like this...
#1 You produce the show, and either send me the file, or provide me a link where i could find it.
#2 I put the link in the Blog (that's where Itunes finds it), along with any songs you play, and notes you want.
#3 Your show will show up in the same podcast as mine, but your episode number will be different...

For example, if you are interested in Dj'ing trance, you could call it "Top Trance of the week- Episode #1". I could be on episode Number 8, but you would be on your own episode #1. Both of these would show up in chronological order in the market, such as..

NG Radio Episode #8
NG Radio Episode #7
Top Trance of the week #2
NG Radio Episode #6
Top Trance of the week #1

If we do happen to get a lot of side shows, then i could stop doing themes in the main show, and let the side shows do them.

**IMPORTANT***
If you do not give the file to me to upload, please be sure that the link you provide

#1 links directly to the media file, not a player... Itunes will not recognize an intergrated player

#2 The file will not go bad. Itunes pull info off the blog. If the link on the blog goes bad, then the show in Itunes goes bad. I don't want that to happen...

#3 The website can handle the transfer of music. Transfering a 40 mintue show can take up a lot of bandwith, and i don't want that to happen either...

Also, for music hunters, i usually discourage hunters from one genre, because i don't want them to feel constranted to one spectrum. If they want to specialize, i have no problem.

One LAST note (I tend to ramble on, but there's a lot of information that needs to be said) as for the website traffic, i'm not really interested in how many people visit that website. I'm tracking traffic on feedburner, which shows how many subscribers i have. The blog is for the listeners, just in case they forget the number i provide (which i bet most of them will)

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-24 22:06:52

At 4/24/08 04:16 PM, LakeWonder wrote: this is probaly gonna get pretty big so if it does you should probaly make an application form

What do you mean by application form?

If you mean to sign up, i don't see much need right now...

Also i want to note a few MORE things

YES, I'm aware, the first Couple of Episodes a piece of crap, and the third episode messed up completely. I was simply testing the waters, and forgot to listen to that particualr podcast. I will NOT be making that mistake again...

Also, if you happen to listen to my 6th episode on sunday (these podcasts are released every Sunday), let me know what you think of the new microphone...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-25 03:09:13

At 4/25/08 02:35 AM, JarrodK wrote: An alternative to radiogrounds.

It could work :P

Actually, i just checked out radio grounds... They SEEM to be a site that focuses on the news of newgrounds, but just plays syndicated music, not newgrounds music itself...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 13:06:49

Hey, for all the subscribers, just wanted to mention that the 6th episode has jus been released to the public.

Also, i need someone (preferably one of you music hunters out there) to find some "Hardcore" music. That's going to be the theme of the 8th show, and i need to find some tunes before i next week. I always like to be a little ahead...

I could also use some requests for the 9th show, and some ideas for the 10th show, as i'm completely out of both of them.

Again, feel free to post either your own, or someone else's music that you would want others listeners to hear...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 15:42:22

on it man should we get the artist permision or else you could end up getting sued oh and also my feet stink today just felt like saying

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 16:03:50

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 18:05:14

At 4/26/08 03:42 PM, LakeWonder wrote: on it man should we get the artist permision or else you could end up getting sued oh and also my feet stink today just felt like saying

WAY Ahead of you... It's no secret that unautorized playing of music is a BIG problem for people. Luckily, all of the music that is submitted to newgrounds is under the "Creative Commons" Liscence...

Did you ever READ the notice to the left of the download button?

Attribution: You must give credit to the artist.
*** I give credit to the artist themselves when i can, and ALWAYS link back to the page, and ALWAYS credit the number.

Noncommercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist under another license.
*** NG Radio is free, and i never plan to make money off of it...

Share Alike: If you alter, transform, or build upon this music, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
*** NG Radio is produced under the Creative commons liscence, which is obviously identical to itself...

This allows us to use the music WITHOUT the artist's permission. I still to prefer to tell the artist, for thier benifit, but if you don't get a chance, don't get all hung up about it. The NG Audio Portal is MADE for free music...

As for the songs
*Pretty Rave Girl- That one is making the show, defidently...

*One Last Dance- Unfortudently, no. I don't refuse many songs, but this one is too short. I like submissions to be at least 1 minute long...

*March of the Dead- This one i'm assuming you want to go in the "Hardcore" Episode... Yes, it's in

*HamJam- Another epic Guitar Riff... This is longer than a minute, and it doesn't hurt my ears, so yeah...

Thank you for looking, but next time please remember the format:

*Name of song*- By *Artist Name* (Optional)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/ *Song number here*

Ex.
Example song-By Dj Orange
http://www.newgrounds.com/audiolisten/12 3456

It would make my life a little easier if the newgrounds link was actually a link, since i don't like to copy paste a lot of songs...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 19:07:10

got it , those heavy metal songs are not easy to find i tryed googling them and i couldnt find any direct links but ill keep tryin

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 19:09:57

you should make more jobs maybe like if you make a site or you already have dont know it , people are gonna nag why arent there more jobs

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 20:05:44

At 4/26/08 07:09 PM, LakeWonder wrote: you should make more jobs maybe like if you make a site or you already have dont know it , people are gonna nag why arent there more jobs

Well, if you can think of any let me know...

And as for finding "Direct links" I just use the newgrounds link. Not that hard really. It's just
newgrounds/audio/listen/ID number

the ID number stays with the song, it really isn't that hard...

Also, hate to burst your bubble, but Jurian was actually the first music hunter. I started this podcast about 2 months ago, and he was there from the begining...

actually, the first thing we kinda need now is advertisement. Not just spamming the boards, but people to actually "bump" us.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 20:09:06

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! well im the second right so that makes me like vice boss person right

right!!!!!!!>????????

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 20:20:22

dude ,dude ,dude you have to hear this song it made the best of the week and it shreds

bring the pain(ft metaljonus)
artist Bad-Man-Incorporated
bring the pain

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-26 20:31:45

found another its a video game song but we could pass it off as a rock song

what im made of
artist:flashman16

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 01:56:10

At 4/26/08 08:09 PM, LakeWonder wrote: noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! well im the second right so that makes me like vice boss person right

right!!!!!!!>????????

I guess, if you're really worried about titles...

dude ,dude ,dude you have to hear this song it made the best of the week and it shreds

bring the pain(ft metaljonus)
artist Bad-Man-Incorporated
bring the pain

I love this one. This is added to episode 8...

At 4/26/08 08:31 PM, LakeWonder wrote: found another its a video game song but we could pass it off as a rock song

what im made of
artist:flashman16

i think i'll do that... Most of the "New" Sonic stuff is rock. Most of it isn't very good, but it's not about my tastes, it's the consumer :)

Also, i want to mention that i'd like you to post the RAW link, not rename it. If you click my sig, and look at what the songlist looks like there, you'll see what i mean..

*Goes to check length of all the songs*

We're at about 32 mintues. Do you think we should add any more, or that's good enough? I could go either way on this one...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 08:09:42

Sweet. I have the podcast on Winamp :)

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 11:16:40

heres another

music
artist:crystalstars
song:silent rock

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 12:50:30

At 4/27/08 08:09 AM, UnknownFear wrote: Sweet. I have the podcast on Winamp :)

Always nice to know i have another subscriber... I'm up to about 15 now...

At 4/27/08 11:16 AM, LakeWonder wrote: heres another

music
artist:crystalstars
song:silent rock

pretty good. This can't go in the hardcore (Ep 8) though. It doesn't seem "Hardcore" enough to me...
This sucker is getting stuck in episode 9, whenever i get that thing all it order...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 12:57:09

Crap i forgot to mention a few things to you, lake wonder...

#1PLEASE give me the raw link, as it will help me out.
#2 I think we're done with getting music for the hardcore show. now we just need some for the variety show..
#3 if you would like a review template (since i've seen that you leave reviews to the artists), here you go

Title: I'd like to use this in the NG Radio Podcast
***Personal review/ additional info here***

Footer: (At the very bottom of the review)

FYI, I WILL link to this page so you can get more traffic from it's listeners.
If you're interested in info on this podcast, go to the download site at
***http://newgroundsradio.blogspot.com
***Forum at http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8972 36
*** Search "Newgrounds" in the Itunes Market

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 13:10:08

blank out

what the raw link

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 13:12:28

Ok, here`s some my heavy stuff, just don`t make me write voice for it. :D (Look at your comment on "Brotherhood (Orchestral)")

Misery
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 19544

Give up
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 26412

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 13:23:30

so i was just on itunes listening to your podcast for the first time lol i feel stupid i haven't heard it yet
so i heard episode 5 and it seems pretty good i have a mac but i dont have an itunes account :(
but i can stiil listen
it looks good so far and the mike sounds way better

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-27 16:48:21

At 4/27/08 01:10 PM, LakeWonder wrote: blank out

what the raw link

See the format below...

At 4/27/08 01:12 PM, Developer wrote: Ok, here`s some my heavy stuff, just don`t make me write voice for it. :D (Look at your comment on "Brotherhood (Orchestral)")

Misery
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 19544

Give up
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 26412

Both good... I will remind you that i have a limit of how much of one artist i like to have in one show. I usually have a maximum of 2 songs per episode, so this makes it in! Both are very good, and i appreciate pointing out your own work for me. What you just did is what i hope to have other artists do in the future.

At 4/27/08 01:23 PM, LakeWonder wrote: so i was just on itunes listening to your podcast for the first time lol i feel stupid i haven't heard it yet
so i heard episode 5 and it seems pretty good i have a mac but i dont have an itunes account :(
but i can stiil listen
it looks good so far and the mike sounds way better

Well, i would wait on judging that. I'm using a new program to record my voice, so i've gone back to using my old mic... See what you think of it in episode 7, when it comes out next week. I've tried "normalizing" it, and it may help...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-04-28 20:40:13

Whew, thought we lost NG there for a second...

Anyway, i was listening to a podcast on podcasting (a PARADOX!!!)

I've gotten some really good tips off of these guys, and one thing i've really thought about is how LONG the podcast is.

I was thinking of doing smaller bits, such as TWICE a week, but half the showtime for each show. It would be shorter, but i think it would allow us to make more "Contact" with the audience.

This probably won't take effect untill episode 9, though, as i have the songs laid out for episode 8 already.

Also, someone, ANYONE needs to give me an idea for the next "theme" podcast. Here are some ideas to let you know what could be considered a "Theme"

*Any genre, such as rock, indutrial, or jazz
*A PAIR of similar Genre's, such as metal+ Industrial, or techno+dance
* Songs with similar BPM (Do they have the same pace?)
*All from one artist (HIGHLY recomend getting permission from artist first)

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature