00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gumroad08 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Radio Podcast Club

20,996 Views | 311 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-13 22:28:10

Haha. Sure thing Boss. xP

As for the person I had for my second show, I had Reasoner. However, since my posting was dumb, it already posted. Lol.

As for the featuring his music, I'd be happy to. I don't have any clue as to what I plan on doing for my third show yet, and wont have it confirmed until Sunday. Normally when I make a for sure thing.

So I'm more than happy to.

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-14 00:27:56

At 5/13/08 10:28 PM, ContentLost wrote: Haha. Sure thing Boss. xP

Lol, i'm nobody's boss.. If anything, you're kinda Co-owner. I might have a little more ownership cause i figured out the method, and PHYSICALLY own the site, but you make it happen too..

As for the person I had for my second show, I had Reasoner. However, since my posting was dumb, it already posted. Lol.

Ah, okay.. I looked in my favorite artists, and remembered his name anyway...

As for the featuring his music, I'd be happy to. I don't have any clue as to what I plan on doing for my third show yet, and wont have it confirmed until Sunday. Normally when I make a for sure thing.

So I'm more than happy to.

Well, i wouldn't mind waiting... It IS a whole week away...

Also, something i wanted to mention to you. I told you on AIM that i found a way to record skype calls (For voice interviews, if you're interested.)

Stupid me, i forgot to tell you how to get the damn thing... XD

Anyway, it can be found here...
PowerGramo

ONLY you have to have this to record both sides.. Now the dummy instructions (IF you REALLY need them.) You probably won't because if you can learn how to upload the Files (That LONG process), then you can figure this out...

Just click download now from thier page.

You're aiming for powergramo basic.

Install it, and run it. Now, when you use this thing, you need to make sure that you open SKYPE FIRST! I've had a little bit of trouble if you open it first, then skype. Something having to do with not being able to share sound devices.

Anyway, it's just an option there if you want...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-15 16:16:54

hey the threads gotten a little bigger im gonna start music huntin again because im going to South C. for a week with a bunch of friends so ill start about saturday. glad to be back

-lakewonder

"They might forget what you said, but never how you made them feel"

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-15 19:53:57

At 5/15/08 04:16 PM, LakeWonder wrote: hey the threads gotten a little bigger im gonna start music huntin again because im going to South C. for a week with a bunch of friends so ill start about saturday. glad to be back

-lakewonder

you talking about this saturday, or next saturday?

Also, nice to have you back, but i have the music arranged for episodes 11 and hopefully 12. 13 has been aranged by Ch1ll already, so you'd have to work either with ContentLost, or do the 14th show for me, which is a LONG time away..

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-15 23:41:46

Also, i recieved the email you sent me, Ch1ll, but it was only a white mesh background. I need you to either resend it, or post it on this thread (Preferably). Remember, it shoudl have some inditation that it's for Itunes, and that you can click on it...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-17 01:19:45

ContentLost... You REALLY need to figure out why your music isn't publishing. Please use shorter Names for your file names. Really, the MP3 only needs to be called "Episode X". It's filling out the Spin Xpress that will determine the name. When you save it in audacity, THAT'S what will show up when it's being played. So to recap....

Saved in Audacity= ID Tages for Players/ Ipods
Saved in Spin Express= Determines file name/ URL

please shorten them, or look for something wrong.

Also, i belive it has a TON to do with your formating of colors. If next week it doesn't work, you may want to try not changing the colors, as this may mess up the link...

Contact me later DURING THE WEEK for help on this...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-18 04:29:07

At 5/17/08 01:19 AM, Gorillazrock wrote: ContentLost... You REALLY need to figure out why your music isn't publishing.

It works fine here though, I received all of her episodes and they worked just fine..

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-18 04:38:02

Btw, sorry I just checked this thread out today again, I'll post it with this post..

Ng Radio Podcast Club

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-18 12:51:26

At 5/18/08 04:29 AM, Ch1ll wrote: It works fine here though, I received all of her episodes and they worked just fine..

The only thing that seems strange is that her Music didn't show up in the ITunes store. If you tried it like last night or something I PERSONALLY fixed the episode. If it worked like a couple of days ago, maybe it worked without me fixing it.

At 5/18/08 04:38 AM, Ch1ll wrote: Btw, sorry I just checked this thread out today again, I'll post it with this post..

Thank you for the button. You can go to newgroundsradio.com and look at it, since it's PRETTY easy to spot right now..

Also, ContentLost, it seems like the votes are in... Most people want to you do a video game show, it seems, with punk rock as a second with 2 votes.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-20 15:54:29

Gorillazrock, I'm feeling pretty bored these days, so I'd like to ask you if you need any more song hunting =) I'd be more than happy to do so =) Just say it when you need it!

-=Phiber

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-20 16:14:37

At 5/20/08 03:54 PM, Ch1ll wrote: Gorillazrock, I'm feeling pretty bored these days, so I'd like to ask you if you need any more song hunting =) I'd be more than happy to do so =) Just say it when you need it!

-=Phiber

Well, (Actually), i MAY not be able to get Jurian in for an interview... If that's the case, i'm going to have to take the songs that you suggested in episode 13 and move them up to episode 11. If that's the case, then i would need some more music.

Also, when picking the music (since we're a little bit ahead/it's too easy), we MIGHT want to be a little bit pickier about what we pick out. If it's requested, we always play it, but that doesn't mean we have to play every little thing that we find.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-20 18:18:55

Also, if anyone is interested, i sorta set up a Facebook group for this. Don't really see the point, but i figured i may as well...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18 714364973

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-21 01:14:03

At 5/20/08 04:14 PM, Gorillazrock wrote: Also, when picking the music (since we're a little bit ahead/it's too easy), we MIGHT want to be a little bit pickier about what we pick out. If it's requested, we always play it, but that doesn't mean we have to play every little thing that we find.

Well ok I understand your point.. I'll take some more time to find out some good songs:) And I'll be a little pickier, because there is a lot of great stuff on the AP, but some songs are better fit than others..

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-21 13:26:20

At 5/21/08 01:14 AM, Ch1ll wrote:

\

Well ok I understand your point.. I'll take some more time to find out some good songs:) And I'll be a little pickier, because there is a lot of great stuff on the AP, but some songs are better fit than others..

It's okay to be kinda UNPICKY right now, as i could use some extra songs for "Storage" (Songs i'll use eventually)

just know that someday we might have to be a little pickier...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-22 15:14:56

Woops. My internet has been down for the passed three or so days, and I haven't been able to have internet connection due to bad whether. (Damn you!) However, my third episode is finished with. Its on my lap top, and its the only thing that has all the programs I need to transfer everything to make it a pod cast.

However, I'm trying my best to have up, if not by tonight, then tomorrow sometime after school. I feel horrible about it, but there were no ways for me to contact Mr. Boss Man. I'm at home, on my dads computer. However my lap top is at a friends because I've been there all week, my parents have been out of town. X-x

Please forgive the delay. The episode shall be up soon. <3

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-22 18:31:44

At 5/22/08 03:14 PM, ContentLost wrote: Woops. My internet has been down for the passed three or so days, and I haven't been able to have internet connection due to bad whether. (Damn you!) However, my third episode is finished with. Its on my lap top, and its the only thing that has all the programs I need to transfer everything to make it a pod cast.

NO problem... This is why i USUALLY like to have an episode up a week ahead of time, but it's no big deal if you're a few days late...

However, I'm trying my best to have up, if not by tonight, then tomorrow sometime after school. I feel horrible about it, but there were no ways for me to contact Mr. Boss Man. I'm at home, on my dads computer. However my lap top is at a friends because I've been there all week, my parents have been out of town. X-x

Enough with the boss thing... LOL. Just next time, email either me (ddrorangeman@yahoo.com) Or email the show (newgroundsradio@yahoo.com) to let me know.. I understand if you can't go to a computer for a while (my comp MAY die here soon on me too...)

Please forgive the delay. The episode shall be up soon. <3

Nice to know that it will be. I was afraid you burned out on me for a second there XD

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-23 17:13:43

well thats good to hear! seriously, I was getting pretty nervous since its been about a week with out any podcast.

Ps: I mentioned your podcast to a couple of my friends so you may gain a few (about 50) more listeners within the next month

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-23 18:29:10

At 5/23/08 05:13 PM, Dronigan wrote: well thats good to hear! seriously, I was getting pretty nervous since its been about a week with out any podcast.

No worries. =) Its already been posted. Just gotta wait for it to read from the network. =)

Ps: I mentioned your podcast to a couple of my friends so you may gain a few (about 50) more listeners within the next month

Awh. Thanks alot. ^.^ The more people the better! <3

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-24 00:15:15

At 5/23/08 05:13 PM, Dronigan wrote: well thats good to hear! seriously, I was getting pretty nervous since its been about a week with out any podcast.

Yeah, i don't know what's going on. It seems like her podcast is showing up in some locations, but not in others

Oh F***!!! Well, if you can come through with this, i'd defidently be grateful for that!! Just curious, do you know them on NG, or in real life?

No worries. =) Its already been posted. Just gotta wait for it to read from the network. =)

Well, it's not seeming to show up in the Itunes store, and i don't believe it's getting out to our email subscribers.. I'm subscribed in Zune (Which uses the RAW feed). I get mine perfectly, but i don't get yours anymore..

Here's the exact process for you, cause i don't know if you're following everything (This will pretty much only make sense to ContentLost.

#1. After i make it, i SpinXpress it.
#2 After it uploads, I click on the "Ourmedia" link it gives.
#3 Copy the Url (you know where to find it...)
#4 I Write the word (for example) "Episode 10"
#5 I highlight "Episode 10", then click the "Link" button.
#6 I paste the Url
#7 I give 2 line spaces for just looks...

If you follow this procedure for posting TO THE TEE it hopefully should work. I'm suspecting that the problem is that Feedburner is not getting the info from Blogger. Try it this way to see if it works..

ALSO, the problem may be that you're changing the text color. Anything but the default color can interfere..

Awh. Thanks alot. ^.^ The more people the better! <3

I hear that...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-24 07:50:03

well, as i've told contentlost, you can disregard what i said about her's not working. It's just some freak accident, but it seems that episode 2 of her show never showed up on MOST of the services...

The only place it DID seem to work was the Player on the side of the site, so if you REALLY want to listen to it, that seems to be the only place.

Also, the interview with Jurian may not be happening (although i mention this in the show...) due to failure to contact. he would HAVE to contact me sometime next week DURING the week, because i'm will not be able to record on the weekends...

If you're a music artist, and would like to be on the show, please add me on Skype so it's easy to get in contact with me (Or simply post here)

DjOrange.NGradio is my username

Also, if you want to get in contact with me on a messager, the best bet would be to add my AIM, or MSN.. (check the site for IM Details)

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-24 22:13:24

yea, I know more than half of them in real life, ther other 15-20 are on NG

Ng Radio Podcast Club

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-24 23:25:46

At 5/24/08 10:13 PM, Dronigan wrote: yea, I know more than half of them in real life, ther other 15-20 are on NG

well, that's kinda cool. It's nice to get a variety of people in on this, i guess.

Also, Why the hell did you put the lvl 2 (i think) symbol in your post? I'm just wondering, as it seems unnecessary.

Also, i don't know WHY this happened, but if you go to the facebook page, it seems like a LOT of people have joined it... This seems strange, because almost 27 people have joined it. Now, i don't think that EVERYONE who listened is a close follower, so i think what happened is that my friend invited a lot of people to it. I don't know EXACTLY why they all accepted, but i guess i need to try to advertise it to them!

Here's the facebook link, FYI.... I'll be holding most of my discusion's here..

Facebook link

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-24 23:58:10

At 5/24/08 11:25 PM, Gorillazrock wrote:
Here's the facebook link, FYI.... I'll be holding most of my discusion's here..

Facebook link

Okay, i just Re-Read this line, and i realized it's VERY confusing. The Main conversations will STILL be held HERE, and i'll try to move the facebook people here...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-25 01:41:19

so ya... the animation idea, I don't know i just thought it made sense since its newgrounds and we got the flash portal available to use as advertissement.... any thoughts, or anyone interested

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-25 13:26:34

uh dude i dont know if i can be a music hunter anymore maybe i'll just consult you on how songs are its too much work

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-25 21:43:11

At 5/25/08 01:41 AM, HugoVN wrote: so ya... the animation idea, I don't know i just thought it made sense since its newgrounds and we got the flash portal available to use as advertissement.... any thoughts, or anyone interested

Yeah, the idea seems really cool, and I'll be willing to chip in anything. Just a question of wanting to know exactly what your wanting to do.

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-25 23:11:01

At 5/25/08 01:26 PM, LakeWonder wrote: uh dude i dont know if i can be a music hunter anymore maybe i'll just consult you on how songs are its too much work

Lol, no presure. Just to let you know, you have the EASIEST JOB in the whole thing. I had to learn the method on how do this whole thing, and am constantly learning new things i need to (or want to) add on. I mostly commend ContentLost for a whole lot, because she gives probably the most work into this thing...
It's easy to put work into into something when it's your own creation, but to put work into someone else's idea that much can REALLY says good things about her, and reassures me that NG Radio IS a good idea...

Trust me on two things, if nothing else
#1 All things get easier with time...
#2 Nothing truely good in this life comes to you without work (unless you're REALLY lucky..)

At 5/25/08 01:41 AM, HugoVN wrote: so ya... the animation idea, I don't know i just thought it made sense since its newgrounds and we got the flash portal available to use as advertissement.... any thoughts, or anyone interested

Yeah, you MAY want to go to another thread with the question (and reexplain some of it..). Everyone here is basically saying "I Would like to help, but i don't know how.." I don't REALLY blame them. Some of it is hard work, and i don't ask ContentLost or my Music Hunters more than the basics... I KNOW it can be kinda tough to fit it into your life sometimes...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-25 23:16:08

Also guys, something cool just happened... It's both coincidental, and awsome at the same time...

I just got PM'd by Luis, who if you don't know does a lot of the graphics/ coding for this site... He said he would be willing to tweak with the CSS of the site to give it a "Newgroundsy" feel.

This is coincidental, because i'm going to play two songs that where in his flash "Pico Blast" in the NEXT episode, which should be out the time i post this..

Anyway, there may be a BIG site revamp sometimes soon, and i may get some pointers on web design..

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-26 12:35:21

At 5/25/08 11:16 PM, Gorillazrock wrote: Also guys, something cool just happened... It's both coincidental, and awsome at the same time...

I just got PM'd by Luis, who if you don't know does a lot of the graphics/ coding for this site... He said he would be willing to tweak with the CSS of the site to give it a "Newgroundsy" feel.

This is coincidental, because i'm going to play two songs that where in his flash "Pico Blast" in the NEXT episode, which should be out the time i post this..

Anyway, there may be a BIG site revamp sometimes soon, and i may get some pointers on web design..

awesome although im sure some noobs will call it a newgrounds rip off site but still coulnd't beleive luis pm ed you nice. And ive noticed the club getting way bigger

about the job thing ya i'll keep tryin not promising anything though

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-05-26 18:47:47

At 5/26/08 12:35 PM, LakeWonder wrote:
awesome although im sure some noobs will call it a newgrounds rip off site but still coulnd't beleive luis pm ed you nice. And ive noticed the club getting way bigger

it hasn't gotten MUCH bigger. I'm still hoping that the person who promised about 50+ listerns pulls through, because that would really help the fan base out...

about the job thing ya i'll keep tryin not promising anything though

No problem. I actually was thinking that i have too much in my song database as it is.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature