00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

989,147 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-25 23:30:22

Reading these final goodbyes are bringing tears to my eyes. When I joined this club I was but a Freshman going toward my Sophomore in high school, with little to nothing to do. Now I too am a High School senior, preoccupied by constant fucking around with my friends.

The NGPD is probably the sole reason I'm not a total moron on the internet, and honestly when I joined, I would have put some of you down on the same list of friends as my real life ones. I remember the B/P competition and friendly rivalry that Decky and I had when I joined, I remember getting over 300 points in a week one summer, My first Clock Day - Getting nearly 300 points in that one day.

Men, I will miss you all dearly. If any of you wish to continue to keep in touch, feel free to send me a PM; or feel free to add me on Steam, I use the same alias there as I do here, just look for my creeper icon.

As much as I want this club to come back to the glory days, I know it's simply not possible without the essential tools (Whistle system) and overall interest.

Farewell men, and good luck in all of your future endeavours.

*Salutes*

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-30 03:11:57

I won't declare this place dead. Because I'm too lazy. I still think someone out there has the nuts to take over and point it in a direction that's true to it's founding goals and principles. This place needs another Peregrinus and another Tails. It may even be in a different thread and with a different name, who knows. But... NG is a different place than what it was back then. People don't seem to care anymore. I don't know.

Oh well, I suppose I'll top it off by acknowledging that today is the NGPD's 7th birthday with song and mouth and stuff.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday dear NewgrondsPoliceDepaaarrrtttmmmeeeeennnnttttt!

Happy birthday to you!

May you rise yet again someday and do some good in this godforsaken community of faggots and statwhores... Cheers, gents.

*Salute*

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-30 07:50:51

At 11/30/12 03:11 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I still think someone out there has the nuts to take over and point it in a direction that's true to it's founding goals and principles. This place needs another Peregrinus and another Tails. It may even be in a different thread and with a different name, who knows.

Tails I'd do it but I really haven't a clue about what would be needed. I just don't know what would keep this thread alive anymore. Best of luck to anybody that tries but I think it's time that I stopped.

I suppose I'll top it off by acknowledging that today is the NGPD's 7th birthday with song and mouth and stuff.

Happy 7th birthday NGPD it's a shame that you probably won't get many others.

*Salute*

*Salute*

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-05 18:39:46

At 11/30/12 03:11 AM, TailsPrower wrote:

Happy Belated birthday. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-11 21:03:59

At 11/30/12 03:11 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I won't declare this place dead. Because I'm too lazy. I still think someone out there has the nuts to take over and point it in a direction that's true to it's founding goals and principles. This place needs another Peregrinus and another Tails. It may even be in a different thread and with a different name, who knows. But... NG is a different place than what it was back then. People don't seem to care anymore. I don't know.

Oh well, I suppose I'll top it off by acknowledging that today is the NGPD's 7th birthday with song and mouth and stuff.

Happy (very belated) birthday NGPD!

I've been coming back to Newgrounds more often over the last few weeks, I don't fully know why. I guess it's because I'm coming "home" so to speak. Newgrounds was basically my first website to really settle in and join the community. It's also due to the fact that I miss you guys. I was reading through some of my early pages when I joined here way back on page 469, and I just can't help to remember to the days when we'd post a whole new page of conversation in less than a day in some cases.

I don't know, I just miss everyone.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-12 10:39:19

At 12/11/12 09:03 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I've been coming back to Newgrounds more often over the last few weeks, I don't fully know why. I guess it's because I'm coming "home" so to speak.

You can post in other forums Gamewiz, I and a few of the other members are still active out there we just don't post here. Be good to see you about more again. Who knows we might be around to see this club start up again. 'Til that day there is always the EGB.

GIF to symbolise that I'm still trying my best to keep crap out of The Portal and also it's nearly Christmas.

Newgrounds Police Dept.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-12 14:53:34

At 12/12/12 10:39 AM, Decky wrote:
At 12/11/12 09:03 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I've been coming back to Newgrounds more often over the last few weeks, I don't fully know why. I guess it's because I'm coming "home" so to speak.
You can post in other forums Gamewiz, I and a few of the other members are still active out there we just don't post here. Be good to see you about more again. Who knows we might be around to see this club start up again. 'Til that day there is always the EGB.
GIF to symbolise that I'm still trying my best to keep crap out of The Portal and also it's nearly Christmas.

I like the GIF.

I probably will, it's just now I have to sift through shitty threads in general xD. Regardless, I guess it's time I start to take a look at all the newbies.

In other news, I passed my 5th Newgrounds Cake day a week ago today. :)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-12 16:37:08

At 12/12/12 02:53 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I probably will, it's just now I have to sift through shitty threads in general xD.

Yeah general is the forum I try and stay away from the most. It's just the type of user that you get in there is not somebody I'd like to talk to so why bother. There is the odd great thread though.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-12 18:29:29

At 12/12/12 04:37 PM, Decky wrote:
At 12/12/12 02:53 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I probably will, it's just now I have to sift through shitty threads in general xD.
Yeah general is the forum I try and stay away from the most. It's just the type of user that you get in there is not somebody I'd like to talk to so why bother. There is the odd great thread though.

That odd great thread is the only reason I check on general every now and then, haha. I'm going to try and get myself back into some of the clubs I used to contribute to. I'll probably get back into the portal again too, shouldn't be too long before I can move into the EGB, unless of course they've changed the acceptance requirements.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-13 10:28:27

At 12/12/12 06:29 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I'm going to try and get myself back into some of the clubs I used to contribute to.

My I suggest The High Society? I note that you did post in there a couple of times about a year ago and we could do with some new regular users.

I'll probably get back into the portal again too, shouldn't be too long before I can move into the EGB, unless of course they've changed the acceptance requirements.

The only thing that changed was that you know need a silver whistle to get in. Didn't effect me as I was already a member and to be honest with the whistle system in the current stat it is I doubt anybody will be taking that into account anymore.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-13 18:21:03

At 12/13/12 10:28 AM, Decky wrote:
At 12/12/12 06:29 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
My I suggest The High Society? I note that you did post in there a couple of times about a year ago and we could do with some new regular users.

Ahh yes, I do, vaguely remember being part of the high society club, I'll read a few pages back and try to join in again :)

The only thing that changed was that you know need a silver whistle to get in. Didn't effect me as I was already a member and to be honest with the whistle system in the current stat it is I doubt anybody will be taking that into account anymore.

As for the whistle system, I've had bronze for quite awhile now, so I'll attempt to enter when I reach private. Hopefully they'll let me in, if not I guess I'll have to really search out some abusive reviews.

You know, Decky, I'm fairly sure this is the most banter the NGPD has seen in nearly a year..

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-13 20:14:08

At 12/13/12 06:21 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I guess I'll have to really search out some abusive reviews.

The best advice I can give is to look at the reviews of anything that passes with a low score.

You know, Decky, I'm fairly sure this is the most banter the NGPD has seen in nearly a year..

I think you are probably right.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-12-13 21:58:29

At 12/13/12 08:14 PM, Decky wrote:
At 12/13/12 06:21 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I guess I'll have to really search out some abusive reviews.
The best advice I can give is to look at the reviews of anything that passes with a low score.

Thanks, it's not too hard really if I put the time into it, but, it's just not something I particularly enjoy doing. But hey, helping the community one flag at a time I guess.

I think you are probably right.

I really don't want it to stop either, lol. It'd be nice if some others would join in too haha.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-01-20 22:24:02

At 1/20/13 10:07 PM, Xenomit wrote: Hey, I checked out the headquarters page, and I noticed you don't have any security guards. I'm well qualified to hold the rank of security guard, if you guys need such.

Sorry man, this club's kind of abandoned. You really should have joined six months ago, when this place was actually semi-active.

*wipes 3 inches of dust off my old desk*

Also, it's not my final decision, but I don't think your posting history is quite good enough to qualify you for the NGPD. They don't really like spammy one-liners all too much, which you seem to be really fond of.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-01-21 03:18:42

At 1/20/13 10:24 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 1/20/13 10:07 PM, Xenomit wrote: I'm well qualified to hold the rank of security guard, if you guys need such.
Sorry man, this club's kind of abandoned. You really should have joined six months ago, when this place was actually semi-active.

Also I believe that Tails has now joined the army or something similar so is no longer around to process your application. As Spretznaz pointed out you also don't have the greatest post quality anyway, even if we were still active I wouldn't have held your breath on getting in.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-02-09 18:21:33

Interview with The Newgrounds Police Department

Sad to see you guys abandoning this club. I guess it may have been inevitable due to Portal Moderators becoming a thing. It is indeed quite sad. It was nice to have a place where new users could come in and become better members of Newgrounds. Then again, I guess you guys can spread that philosophy around the site more. Who knows though, maybe some new users will come along and pull this place up or remake it into something splendid.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-02-18 02:25:30

Geez how am I gonna start this? Hello NGPD. A few weeks ago I start coming back Newgrounds full time. It was only a short while later that I found out about this group, and after doing a little research, I knew that I wanted in. It was to attain this goal that I started posting on the forums to reach the minimum limit (I'm not there yet, but I will be someday soon). It was also for this goal that I started writing ">Cybercity Newgrounds: A Cop's Tale so that I might display my interest. Sadly I did eventually learn that the NGPD has been more or less abandoned, but my determination has not wavered. I have neither the free time nor the will to pull this group out of limbo, but I would like to join while I'm still able to. I have temporarily stopped judging new flashes so that I might experience that much longer a time on the force before I'm discharged. And so I come to the ultimate question: Is this aspiration of mine too lofty? Should I just head straight for the Elite Guard because I've so badly missed this train? Or will these ghostly headquarters accept a new soul, a new face, even if membership is only honorary and limited to this thread? Whatever the answer, I await a response with calm demeanor.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-02-18 02:28:24

lol messed up the link. Maybe this one works: Link

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-02-19 14:20:17

At 2/18/13 02:25 AM, silverspecks wrote: I knew that I wanted in

Sorry, the NGPD is dead. Its been dead for about a year. Tails, the leader of the NGPD, hasn't added anybody to the NGPD in ages.

Speaking of Tails, he is joining the army and he's currently in basic training, he won't even be online for about two months. The EGB is still up and running if you want to join it, but it requires higher stats than the NGPD does.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-02-19 20:26:04

At 2/19/13 02:20 PM, Jolly wrote: Sorry, the NGPD is dead. Its been dead for about a year. Tails, the leader of the NGPD, hasn't added anybody to the NGPD in ages.

Speaking of Tails, he is joining the army and he's currently in basic training, he won't even be online for about two months. The EGB is still up and running if you want to join it, but it requires higher stats than the NGPD does.

I'm not demanding the ten day trial period or the regular recruitment process that everyone else got. Because I know the NGPD is abandoned, I'm really only looking for membership in name only. I would like to be recognized as such a member because I'd like to be recognized to some degree as part of the unified group of people that carries out the honorable task of looking after the Portal. I'd also like to not be so apprehensive about posting here. If I'm waisting my time with an impossible intitiative, I'd like to be told so, in which case I'll give up the pipe-dream and raise my rank to EGB status. Reguardless of what is decided, I'm going to continue honoring the Newgrounds Police Dept. with my story.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-02-19 21:08:45

At 2/19/13 08:26 PM, silverspecks wrote: If I'm waisting my time with an impossible intitiative, I'd like to be told so, in which case I'll give up the pipe-dream and raise my rank to EGB status. Reguardless of what is decided, I'm going to continue honoring the Newgrounds Police Dept. with my story.

With nobody in charge there's to say you can be a member of any sort. Raise your rank and apply to the EGB. If you want to you can start posting rule breaking submissions in the EGB now thus helping the portal without being an EGB member.

Also, start flagging abusive reviews, because you need a silver whistle to join the EGB.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-05-29 21:41:19

woah, this thread have been pretty empty these days...did the NgPD merged with the Elite Guards or something?

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-05-30 10:47:21

At 5/29/13 09:41 PM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: woah, this thread have been pretty empty these days...did the NgPD merged with the Elite Guards or something?

No, it just slowly died out. It's a shame but these things happen and the thread is still open if anybody manages to get some prospective members gathered and doesn't mind keeping up with rosters.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-05-31 15:24:24

At 5/30/13 10:47 AM, Decky wrote:
At 5/29/13 09:41 PM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: woah, this thread have been pretty empty these days...did the NgPD merged with the Elite Guards or something?
No, it just slowly died out. It's a shame but these things happen and the thread is still open if anybody manages to get some prospective members gathered and doesn't mind keeping up with rosters.

It seems to be the way of Newgrounds - the NGPD was the "street-level" group, where users could gather together and help keep peace and balance in the portal. They learned the ropes, and once someone reached 2,500 bp points, they would usually migrate to the EGB (if they qualified).

But in the past few years it seems that the newest set of users are not interested in keeping any balance - they only want to get protect points, pass in shovelware and advertisements - and pretty much only consider themselves. The NGPD faded away because either their members moved up to the EGB or moved away from Newgrounds - and no one was really interested in joining AND keeping active.

As recruitment officer for the EGB, we are always looking for users that will help the cause - but yes, we do have some minimal requirements and recommendations (Browse the official BBS here)

However...there is nothing that prevents you (or anyone else) from resurrecting the NGPD. If you are willing to stay active and take over the role of admin, that would be great. I would think you should contact some of the prior active members and see if they can help you in becoming the new caretaker.

If I can be of any assistance in your quest, please let me know.

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-04 15:51:29

If there is going to be ANY resurrection of the group, I would nominate Decky as head hancho. Mainly since he is still one of the few active guys in the group, I only come by to say hi most of the time anyway. Only issue I see with this is that, since Decky is in the EGB, future members might argue he is to...out of league to boss them around. Whatever the case is, I'm happy there is interest to keep this place alive and I'll be more then happy to tag along for another ride.

By the way, who here remembers little ol' me?

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-06 16:30:02

At 6/4/13 03:51 PM, 34Deadman wrote: If there is going to be ANY resurrection of the group, I would nominate Decky as head hancho.

Why thank you Deadman and yes I do remember you, you joined not long after me if my memory is serving me well. Good to see that you are still posting here, even if it is only every now and again. It would be nice if we could get this place running but we'd need to get hold of some still active(ish) members like Gamewiz.

@byteslinger - I'm going to see if there is anymore interest in getting this place off the ground again, then I'll see if I can fit this into my now quite busy life.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-07 20:58:57

At 6/6/13 04:30 PM, Decky wrote:
At 6/4/13 03:51 PM, 34Deadman wrote: If there is going to be ANY resurrection of the group, I would nominate Decky as head hancho.
Why thank you Deadman and yes I do remember you, you joined not long after me if my memory is serving me well. Good to see that you are still posting here, even if it is only every now and again. It would be nice if we could get this place running but we'd need to get hold of some still active(ish) members like Gamewiz.

@byteslinger - I'm going to see if there is anymore interest in getting this place off the ground again, then I'll see if I can fit this into my now quite busy life.

Or i could just take up the mantle again. Not like i have the time to even be on NG much, let alone run the NGPD again. Ahh the good ole days of the NGPD. I was glad when i got ranked down because of the new design that came out in what 2008?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-07 23:24:07

At 6/6/13 04:30 PM, Decky wrote:

D'aww. You remember little 'ol me?

I'd love to see this place come off the ground again. My life is relatively free currently, so I'll do my best to help any efforts made to bring the old NGPD back to life. I'll check back here often to help out, and if needed I'm generally pretty good about responding to (the very few) PM's that I receive.

I'd also like to say that it's good to see some of these old names around here again. Seeing some activity here gave me the biggest feeling of nostalgia.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-08 00:06:20

At 6/7/13 08:58 PM, MrAngel wrote: Or i could just take up the mantle again.

Hahahahahahaha

No.

I'd rather keep this place dead for good than see you you take charge over it.
---

Anyways, I'm surprised to see this thread still floating around. Y'all really want it back huh? I just don't know what we're good for anymore. From what I understand, the whistle system is today seems to obviate the function that we used to serve seeing that we have Portal Mods. It's kinda ironic, we used to think that Portal Mods would help us develop into a more effective organization at handling abusive submissions - now look at us.

So what kind of plan do y'all have for the NGPD? Last I checked, hardly anyone b/p'd anymore (myself notoriously included) and we kinda just sat around our post twiddling our thumbs. It's a different community than it was back then, when we actually had active serving members... And when people actually had some friggin integrity.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-08 06:10:03

At 6/8/13 12:06 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 6/7/13 08:58 PM, MrAngel wrote: Or i could just take up the mantle again.
Hahahahahahaha

No.

I'd rather keep this place dead for good than see you you take charge over it.

Wait, what? Did i miss something? I think i missed something. Last i checked we agreed that the other people had it coming when they tried to act like douche bags about stuff here. I could just ask a mod or two to lock the place, since its not really used for anything but discussions on whether or not to use it.

BBS Signature