00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

989,152 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-08 19:56:55

I think we seem pretty damn obsolete, now that NG has portal mods. If we could actually whistle anything, we'd have an actual reason to post. The only other option in mind is that we could use the thread to find abusive reviehahaHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAH oh god I couldn't even say that with a straight face. All I see this thread really being good for is post abusive flashes to vote down on and a weekly roster, which in reality is a B/P club with no one posting a roster ever because when does that ever happen.

The NGPD, just like NG, is totally dead and there is no saving it. The glass is totally empty and dry as a bone. Never again shall we wet our whistles. Insert clever pun about whistles here. And a sexual innuendo.

Because blowing.
Also holy sudden massive wave of old users posting. inb4 Sheizenhammer.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-08 23:42:40

At 6/8/13 08:15 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 6/8/13 06:10 AM, MrAngel wrote: I could just ask a mod or two to lock the place, since its not really used for anything but discussions on whether or not to use it.
Now now guys, play nice.

We don't want this place locked when some people actually want the thread to be revived. Whether it will or not is a different matter, but it's nice to see a few people showing their faces again and at least trying.

I want the place to be revived, too. Im not going to be able to be of much help without butting heads with Tails. I wish hed just drop the past stuff, considering he misunderstood it all. Seems a little too much to ask. Should also note that id have the same success as Commissioner that i did last time. Only reason i lost the position is because i fell off the map abruptly, because of my personal life. Seriously, Tails, let it go. Wait and see, and figure out what im actually doing for once.

All of that aside, id really dislike seeing this place go. Ive had a few conversations with mods about letting this thread stay open, as long as the lounge style chat doesnt get obnoxious and constant.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-09 14:56:43

At 6/9/13 07:26 AM, Lizzardis wrote: A friendship was made from a feud. Now I'm not saying that can be done in this case, but the moral of the story is basically... Let's all just get along, and maybe... Just maybe... The NGPD can actually be revived again.

My whole point of view surrounds being able to work with Tails and other members who still care about this place. Im not particularly interested in the arguments and drama. I just want people to understand that ive been misunderstood. I get it, people tell lies day in and day out, both over the internet, and outside of it. Im not really a bad guy, and id like to be just as much help to the place as i was back during my time as Commissioner. I had actually gotten the couple borderline rowdy members to settle down. I had also gotten Andrea(random numbers here), to contribute more positive progress to the NGPD.

Anyways, regardless of who takes up what mantle, it needs to be done. Tails, if you arent going to take charge, fine someone who will. I dont even have the time, so ive merely been explaining myself, for the third or fourth time, to be understood. Noone has a hard on for locking this place, so lets take this opportunity to figure out who is going to do what.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-09 16:03:23

We don't even have a plan for this place, much less appointing people to take charge. As ILBC said, we're basically obsolete now that Portal Mods are handling the bulk of the work in handling abusives. On top of that the Barracks are doing a fine job of bringing abusive submissions to the mods' attention. So where does that put us?

I'd like to know the direction of our actions first.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-09 18:36:48

At 6/9/13 04:03 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I'd like to know the direction of our actions first.

You will be overrun and defeated by us shitposters.

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-09 23:10:44

At 6/9/13 04:03 PM, TailsPrower wrote: We don't even have a plan for this place, much less appointing people to take charge. As ILBC said, we're basically obsolete now that Portal Mods are handling the bulk of the work in handling abusives. On top of that the Barracks are doing a fine job of bringing abusive submissions to the mods' attention. So where does that put us?

Maybe it'd be best if we used this space to help teach new comers how to properly patrol the portal instead of stat-whoring. Use this as a place to encourage better posting, reviewing, and voting habits. How we'd go about doing this, I'm unsure.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-10 03:34:27

At 6/9/13 11:10 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 6/9/13 04:03 PM, TailsPrower wrote: We don't even have a plan for this place, much less appointing people to take charge. As ILBC said, we're basically obsolete now that Portal Mods are handling the bulk of the work in handling abusives. On top of that the Barracks are doing a fine job of bringing abusive submissions to the mods' attention. So where does that put us?

Maybe it'd be best if we used this space to help teach new comers how to properly patrol the portal instead of stat-whoring. Use this as a place to encourage better posting, reviewing, and voting habits. How we'd go about doing this, I'm unsure.

Sounds like a solid idea. Maybe we dont even need our old chain of command structure. Any specific reason we cant all be of equal say and authority, providing that the user gets along well within the NGPD?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-10 11:49:32

At 6/10/13 03:34 AM, MrAngel wrote:
At 6/9/13 04:03 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Sounds like a solid idea. Maybe we dont even need our old chain of command structure. Any specific reason we cant all be of equal say and authority, providing that the user gets along well within the NGPD?

Someone has to be "In Charge" it gives the club more structure, if someone new wants to join or has a question, it'd be best to have one or two designated people who can take PM's and answer questions. These people would also have to handle any possible crises we may encounter in the future.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-10 14:31:40

At 6/10/13 11:49 AM, Gamewiz wrote: Someone has to be "In Charge" it gives the club more structure, if someone new wants to join or has a question, it'd be best to have one or two designated people who can take PM's and answer questions.

I'm still pretty active here and have quite a bit of free time so I put myself forward, or whatever. We need something more in the way of a plan first I'd say though.

List of Questions
Is there going to be members and a roster to keep track of B/P?
If so how often?
Who will do it? (me?)
Will we be like a B/P club that helps out the EGB with stolen/shovelware flash?

Think that covers what I'm not to sure on.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-10 14:40:16

At 6/10/13 02:31 PM, Decky wrote:
At 6/10/13 11:49 AM, Gamewiz wrote: Someone has to be "In Charge" it gives the club more structure, if someone new wants to join or has a question, it'd be best to have one or two designated people who can take PM's and answer questions.
I'm still pretty active here and have quite a bit of free time so I put myself forward, or whatever. We need something more in the way of a plan first I'd say though.

List of Questions
Is there going to be members and a roster to keep track of B/P?
If so how often?
Who will do it? (me?)
Will we be like a B/P club that helps out the EGB with stolen/shovelware flash?

Think that covers what I'm not to sure on.

List of Answers

Byteslinger made us an automated Roster a few years ago. So we'd just have to copy/paste here, so it's really not that hard.

Probably every week to every two weeks, but it shouldn't be started until we get some activity, otherwise it's just wasted space.

I'll do it?

Unsure, but probably.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-10 14:44:14

Maybe, it's time to gather some prospective members then. I'll probably make a newspost soon and add a link to my sig....any other ideas?

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-11 00:37:23

At 6/10/13 11:49 AM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 6/10/13 03:34 AM, MrAngel wrote:
At 6/9/13 04:03 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Someone has to be "In Charge" it gives the club more structure, if someone new wants to join or has a question, it'd be best to have one or two designated people who can take PM's and answer questions. These people would also have to handle any possible crises we may encounter in the future.

The NGPD needs a person or people who can be trusted to give the correct answers. Structure can be achieved by socially mature people acting within the guidelines and rules of the NGPD, and sticking to its goals. There are multiple means to the same end here. The real meat o the matter is whether or not the NGPD members would be ok with working on progress with everyone being required to hold themselves to the same standards as theyd be held to, if there was some official chain of command. Theres a bit of a difference between being a Commissioner/Unit Ops in the sense of being the voice to the members, and potential members, and being a Commissioner/Unit Ops in the sense that you have authority to demand this that and the other, to enforce rules and keep order.

I owned and operated a computer repair, sales, and builds store for 2 and a half years, until i handed it off to my employees. I didnt need to give them orders. I merely needed to give them general guidelines, and help keep them on a result oriented path in the work environment.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-11 19:04:32

And here I thought people would leave this thread rest in peace and not continue beating a dead horse. Silly me.

The fact of the matter is that clubs need members to function. The last person to ask about joining did so in February. Hell, it's right there on the last page (and the fact it's advanced all of 1 page in 6 months says a lot about how much the "current members" - all 3 of them - really care about the place). This place has had zero real interest potential to new members for the last 4 months at least.

Now I know what you're thinking. Something along the lines of: "But, if we all go advertising it everywhere more people will join!". Sorry, but I've been here long enough to remember 4 such recruitment drives in the past. The grand total of new members (as in, people who asked to join AND weren't just random drive-by noobs and idiots) gained from all 4 drives put together was less than 10 people. There were a lot of people asking to join, but none of them really cared (or even knew) about what this place was for, thereby accomplishing nothing but giving Tails a headache.

Sorry kiddos, but it's time to face the music. This club was born from a desire to combat problems the current site design prevents from happening in great enough measure to need its services anymore. What you're discussing has little to do with the thread's original purpose, and 'New users' clubs aimed at educating NGers have already been tried before; most of them devolve into pointless arguments about who's more knowledgeable of the site's history (and there are 'rules page' and wiki links all over the place now, making a club about knowing the rules / how to act on here obsolete before they even start anyway).

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-12 09:05:10

At 6/11/13 07:04 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: And here I thought people would leave this thread rest in peace and not continue beating a dead horse. Silly me.

I didnt even know about any of the new inherent anti garbage measures. If this place is obsolete, then such is life.

No offense, Sheizen, but i took you for someone who doesnt start posts with a condescending statement.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-12 23:10:29

Looking through some of the comments and points being made, ignoring any issues between tails and angel, it has been noted repeatedly of how obsolete the club has become. Portal Mods do our job with efficiency. It's ironic how when I joined, we thought portal mods would give us more influence, not totally destroy our purpose. What's the point of hunting down stolen content when you got the EGB and Portal Mods around the clock? Saving is the new "in" for NG now, gone are the days of balanced B/P. Reporting Abusive reviews? We are debating to save the club, not sending it on a train straight to getting decimated by an admins fist. You want to train people to become good standing NG citizens? Take a look at GD and tell me that the level of dumb hasn't jumped to new heights?

Try molding a stat whoring prick and I'll come to your house and juggle for your amusement. Don't get me wrong, good people exist on these Forums, but finding them is the fun part. Besides, the club was born from being in the shadow of the EGB. Already the group was limited and now that portal mods are around, we are third in line. With the quality of people and overall Interest to better the site fading, there goes our main purpose. To have pride in knowing you kept the portal one flash cleaner is now redundant when you have wave after wave of trash flowing in and having little power to stop it. Our only saving grace is the mighty race to be on top of the B/P roster, if we are able to clean up a star whores act that is. Don't get me started on new applicants either, they hardly come. The last great rush of GOOD apprentices were the days when guys like me, decky, domo, and other guys came, which was YEARS ago.

We served our purpose for the old format of the site. With the new changes, namely lack of whistles and portal mods, our duties were taken from us and onto them, Again, it's funny how we died out if you think about it. For so long we wanted Portal Mods. Now that they are here, our purpose is theirs and they took away what made us useful in the first place, our damn whistles.

Now, if you guys want to get a sense of purpose here, start nagging at every portal mod about bringing the whistles back. Apparently some of us have the influences and can do so and it would be splendid to get a straight answer about whistles because far as I'm aware, this has been up in the air for to many months now. Once that question gets answered, our niche will be either found or lost. Better then being left out to dry and babble on about bringing this place back and not doing jack shit about it.

Damn you, guys, for getting me all motivated to type this much. Now, I'm no commish but I think we can all agree that finding out about the whistles is our biggest concern if we don't have much to do. Hopefully the mods don't get sick of our whining until then.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-22 22:48:35

1. i have at least 1,207 protection points.
2. I have 190 BBS posts.
3. Background Check?

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-23 09:40:46

At 6/22/13 10:48 PM, PlatinumSapphire wrote: 1. i have at least 1,207 protection points.
2. I have 190 BBS posts.
3. Background Check?

Well it's been a while since I did one of these, yes you have above the entry requirements as far as B/P and posts go but looking through your posts they leave a lot to be desired. Most aren't even one line long. Try working on your post quality and then you maybe reconsidered but for now it's a no.

More to the point I'm pretty certain that this club is still in the grips of a hiatus.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-25 16:38:48

Well, things have certainly livened up a bit here...and if it's okay with everyone, I'd like to put my two cents in...

Yes, The NGPD was designed to be the precursor to the EGB; to have a group of users with a common goal of helping to clean up the portal, and to help make this a better place for everyone.

The Portal mods have been great in keeping the place clean; the EGB has been working hand-in-hand with them and it's been quite effective.

What both the NGPD and the EGB are suffering from is a reduction in total number of active members. Our active roster has dropped by more than half in the past year, and new recruits are rare. Now, that doesn't mean that the EGB is closing up any time soon, but it does present an opportunity that I would like to discuss with everyone here:

I would like to propose a merging of the functions of the NGPD and the EGB - making it one roster, but operating at two levels. The primary level will remain the EGB, with our rules and requirements and minimal levels. But the new secondary level would be called "Elite Apprenticeship". This would encompass members ranked below Private who normally would join the NGPD as a starting point to their career here in helping Newgrounds fight the good fight.

The rules and regulations for the NGPD and the EGB were almost identical; the only real difference is experience and user levels. To become an apprentice, a user would have to fit in the minimal requirements that the NGPD had previously set; and if they were approved, they would be on probation until they reached the rank of Private. What that means is that as long as they operated within the rules of the Barracks, voted fairly and didn't start shit, they would have a home here.

Now, as an apprentice, they wouldn't be involved in the operations of the Barracks, such as voting in new members or holding an officer's post - with the exception of a new position of "Apprentice Liason", who would most likely be someone from the old NGPD. This position would help guide new Apprentices along the way, and make recommendations to me about the integrity of potential new apprentices.

Pretty much, think of it as a JROTC for the Barracks. One roster, one set of rules, one forum to manage - and a chance to help keep these clubs going by joining forces.

Please note that this is just my idea...I first wanted to see what the NGPD denizens though of it. If it's something that makes sense, I will pursue it with our leaders.

Maybe together, we are stronger than when we were separate.

So, what do you think?

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-06-25 23:15:46

Looking to join! i have been to the website and i dont see any links to join. look alive people, and lets get things organized!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-07-06 16:01:40

I would like to put in my application for the Newgrounds Police Department here.

Visit Farscape's Epic Food Threads!

Pie is Tasty, Cake is Delicious, Candy is Sweet!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-07-06 16:45:55

Down with moderators!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-07-09 11:28:31

At 6/25/13 04:38 PM, byteslinger wrote: Well, things have certainly livened up a bit here...and if it's okay with everyone, I'd like to put my two cents in...

Yes, The NGPD was designed to be the precursor to the EGB; to have a group of users with a common goal of helping to clean up the portal, and to help make this a better place for everyone.

The Portal mods have been great in keeping the place clean; the EGB has been working hand-in-hand with them and it's been quite effective.

What both the NGPD and the EGB are suffering from is a reduction in total number of active members. Our active roster has dropped by more than half in the past year, and new recruits are rare. Now, that doesn't mean that the EGB is closing up any time soon, but it does present an opportunity that I would like to discuss with everyone here:

I would like to propose a merging of the functions of the NGPD and the EGB - making it one roster, but operating at two levels. The primary level will remain the EGB, with our rules and requirements and minimal levels. But the new secondary level would be called "Elite Apprenticeship". This would encompass members ranked below Private who normally would join the NGPD as a starting point to their career here in helping Newgrounds fight the good fight.

The rules and regulations for the NGPD and the EGB were almost identical; the only real difference is experience and user levels. To become an apprentice, a user would have to fit in the minimal requirements that the NGPD had previously set; and if they were approved, they would be on probation until they reached the rank of Private. What that means is that as long as they operated within the rules of the Barracks, voted fairly and didn't start shit, they would have a home here.

Now, as an apprentice, they wouldn't be involved in the operations of the Barracks, such as voting in new members or holding an officer's post - with the exception of a new position of "Apprentice Liason", who would most likely be someone from the old NGPD. This position would help guide new Apprentices along the way, and make recommendations to me about the integrity of potential new apprentices.

Pretty much, think of it as a JROTC for the Barracks. One roster, one set of rules, one forum to manage - and a chance to help keep these clubs going by joining forces.

Please note that this is just my idea...I first wanted to see what the NGPD denizens though of it. If it's something that makes sense, I will pursue it with our leaders.

Maybe together, we are stronger than when we were separate.

So, what do you think?

The way things are going at, it wouldn't hurt to join forces to keep the ball rolling for both threads. The fact we hardly do anything here as it is and the merger offers some form of production and, wait for it, a management that is actually you know...there. With this big storm going on to see who takes the mantle going on for months and no one stepping up to make noticeable effort, I support this merger! Though, it would feel weird being called an apprentice again after all this time. Do it for our lively hood gentleman! Good day.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-07-13 14:25:09

I wouldn't mind a merger if it kept both forces going.

Regardless, Portal Security Guard Coconuts would like to apply.

Recent Audio: Nuclear Winter | Nuclear Holocaust | Don't Wait Until Night

tries to be a gentleman; doesn't always do a very good job

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-12-31 20:40:03

Does this group have any active senior members?
It seems these groups have been really tested by the new spam category and the removal of under judgement flags

I've frequented the Barracks, but I'm close to getting in the police ranks so I'm going to try and join once I hit 500 B/P.
Do you guys use police lingo? That would be fun!

Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-12-31 20:55:13

At 12/31/13 08:40 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Does this group have any active senior members?
It seems these groups have been really tested by the new spam category and the removal of under judgement flags

I've frequented the Barracks, but I'm close to getting in the police ranks so I'm going to try and join once I hit 500 B/P.
Do you guys use police lingo? That would be fun!

Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

There's not really many active members at all. With flagging gone there isn't much of a reason for the Dept. to exist so it kidna slowly died. The ringleader around here was TailsPrower if you wanted to know.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-03 12:35:05

At 12/31/13 08:55 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 12/31/13 08:40 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Does this group have any active senior members?
There's not really many active members at all. With flagging gone there isn't much of a reason for the Dept. to exist so it kidna slowly died. The ringleader around here was TailsPrower if you wanted to know.

This club essentially died when the re-design came, but it was on it's way down even before that. In the current state, there aren't enough people get this place up and running again. If you want to really try to help out the portal, just stick around the EGB, they're still quite active, and I think most everyone who was active here moved on to their thread anyway.

You won't be able to become an official member until you reach private, but they will be happy to have you around as long as you're helpful and contribute. Plus, building a name as useful will be helpful if you decided to join them down the road.

Good luck to you.
*salutes*

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-03 23:21:06

Are you accepting applicants?

I just became an Officer.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 03:19:04

At 1/3/14 11:21 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Are you accepting applicants?

I just became an Officer.

Negative. The NGPD has been deactivated a long time ago. It'd help if you read the past few posts.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 17:08:34

At 1/4/14 03:19 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Negative. The NGPD has been deactivated a long time ago. It'd help if you read the past few posts.

Saw Tails had posted in The NGPD. Thought for a second it could be coming back. Sad now. A guy can dream.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 21:47:15

Exactly. I thought it was active again to.

Can't you guys just reactivate it?

What is this just because a few users left?

BBS Signature