00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kumarin just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

994,048 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 12:20:01

Just out of curiosity, has the NGPD been picking up in activity or has it been slowing to a crawl as of recent?

In addition, how's your fanfic coming along Tails? Also, who here is going to be frequenting the writing forum? More importantly, the Writers Lounge.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 13:14:03

At 2/1/10 02:31 AM, TheNossinator wrote: Hmm, some people have been asking for different auras of my NGPD graphic, so I did them all:

Beautiful, I especially love the Evil one. The replaced motto is just fucking hilarious, you fucking genius. <3

Also, I uploaded a tutorial on how to make it to DA. I tried to put it up on the Art Portal, but it was rejected for being too big... Weird.

It's all a lot simpler than I thought it would be, but there's obviously still quite a lot to it. What other kind of work do you do in Photoshop?

Also, wow, you guys post a shitload.

I know. I go onto The Party on about 10:00PM and then to sleep at about 11:30PM, then when I come back on at about 6AM we have another page that's developed. I know it's all partially due to timezones, but there's still some pretty large post numbers up there.

At 2/1/10 02:55 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: GROUP HUG FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

GROUP HUG! <3<3<3

*Grouphug*

Long live the NGPD! :D

Long live the NGPD! To Blam and Protect!

*Salute*

At 2/1/10 07:45 AM, TheNossinator wrote: See you guys tomorrow with that Mod NGPD poster!

Oooh. Another idea for posters, I never thought of that one.

At 2/1/10 Sometime in the AM, Noss wrote: 20% More Private!

That's quite a bit more Private, are you sure we can handle it?

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 14:57:49

At 2/1/10 08:03 AM, TheNossinator wrote:
At 2/1/10 07:51 AM, letiger wrote: I tried my hand a photoshoping the dark one with paint. It didn't do so well. I need photoshop so bad right now. If only that outer layer didn't exist. Damn Gif's.
Hahaha, =3
Just for you, man, just for you.

20% more Privates. I love it. Hilarious.

At 2/1/10 12:20 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Just out of curiosity, has the NGPD been picking up in activity or has it been slowing to a crawl as of recent?

It's so up and down it's hard to keep track of. One day everyone is like busy bees, the next no posting for a day.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 18:20:01

I've seen that quite often. Good thing at the privates part. Still waiting for the mod one. On another note, my point gain will probably not be as high as last week's or even #1. Why? Because I'm too lazy to try again.

Now let's get with the raping and the pillaging. Then we can rape the women and destroy the old!

Iron Maiden lulz

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 18:27:07

At 2/1/10 06:20 PM, letiger wrote:
Now let's get with the raping and the pillaging. Then we can rape the women and destroy the old!

Love Iron Maiden, but let's keep the discussions of rape and other things to a minimum.

Actually, let's keep it to a zero.

It's about as off-topic as it gets.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 19:14:59

But it's related to the picture witch is related to the NGPD. Whatever. You're the boss boss.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 19:32:54

At 2/1/10 07:14 PM, letiger wrote: But it's related to the picture witch is related to the NGPD. Whatever. You're the boss boss.

I'd say that Spiffy putting a halt to that was probably the right thing. When people start making posts purely for the sake of discussing rape and pillaging then you know that that things are going to start curving over to spammy discussion. If you're talking about the images, then it should be fine to make a mention of it in passing, but I'd make sure you write some other, more meaningful things along with it.

Keep in mind that rape-related discussion lead to the spammy nature of posts that caused our lock back during last year.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 20:23:51

And yet even when we are talking about how to not talk about rape, we still are. Funny, isn't it. Even if you tell us/me to not talk about it, you yourself are infact doing it. Back to the pictures, I'd like to see the fab one worked on more. All it has is Faboulous, while the evil one has a different motto and a different title.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 21:29:18

I'm sorry to say that my B/P will probably drop to an all time low for this week at least. The pressures of school are rising and I have to rise on top of it or fail a class. I will still probably post here as regular, as lurking here takes very little time if no one is very active.

Also. This might seem strange but I'd like to know everybody's birthday here. I figure it would be nice if I could give recognition to your birth at least once a year. So feel free to post that and I'll gladly make a note of it. Don't be shy. you know you want to. :3

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 21:37:12

At 2/1/10 09:29 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: I'm sorry to say that my B/P will probably drop to an all time low for this week at least. The pressures of school are rising and I have to rise on top of it or fail a class. I will still probably post here as regular, as lurking here takes very little time if no one is very active.

Sorry for your school work. It sucks donsn't it. I, however, do not have it. I might very soon. Don't know if you life in Britan or the U.S. If it is Britan, than the U.S's students are "special" compared to the rest of the world. Atleast in my state. It's like 39th/50 in the country.

Also. This might seem strange but I'd like to know everybody's birthday here. I figure it would be nice if I could give recognition to your birth at least once a year. So feel free to post that and I'll gladly make a note of it. Don't be shy. you know you want to. :3

I have several birthdays. Of which you must find the answer. They are :

8/15/92
8/6/92
11/24/92
2/14/92
9/11/92
4/14/92

Which one is it?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-01 22:32:10

11/24/92

I deserve a cake.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 00:29:50

At 2/1/10 09:29 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Also. This might seem strange but I'd like to know everybody's birthday here. I figure it would be nice if I could give recognition to your birth at least once a year. So feel free to post that and I'll gladly make a note of it. Don't be shy. you know you want to. :3

I'll PM it to you, I'd rather not wager the possibility of unsavory characters knowing my DOB so check your inbox kthx. Just a hint, it's long gone and a long way to go ;)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 00:37:02

Actually, I'm going to order everyone who is planning on answering Hollowed's inquiry to do it via PM. The NGPD thread is not the best place to be displaying personal information like date of birth or even birthdays.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 01:38:49

At 2/2/10 01:09 AM, TheNossinator wrote: Back with my Mod poster. Hope you enjoy. If any of you guys are looking for other graphics or anything, give me a yell!

Hahahaha! That's rich! Great job on the logos, Noss! I'll have to find a way to put them to good use FOR GREAT JUSTICE! ;) By the way, you wouldn't happen to be proficient with making vectors of pencil drawings, would you?

am I even using that term correctly? I dunno :P

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 04:26:31

At 2/1/10 07:32 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 2/1/10 07:14 PM, letiger wrote: But it's related to the picture witch is related to the NGPD. Whatever. You're the boss boss.
I'd say that Spiffy putting a halt to that was probably the right thing. When people start making posts purely for the sake of discussing rape and pillaging then you know that that things are going to start curving over to spammy discussion.

Don't get me wrong, but I'm a Maiden Fan as well. I'm learning some of their tracks for my band, as well.

But anyway, there will be no rape. Flimsy context of linking it to Maiden, I'm afraid.

At 2/2/10 01:09 AM, TheNossinator wrote: Back with my Mod poster. Hope you enjoy. If any of you guys are looking for other graphics or anything, give me a yell!

Needs more Ban Hammer... Mods aren't only police ranks, either. Perhaps you could take the NG Sunburst effect for that poster as well.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 06:09:21

There's always a horizontal golden hammer being in place of the ranks you could try. Of course we'd need to find that, woudn't we?

At 2/2/10 12:37 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Actually, I'm going to order everyone who is planning on answering Hollowed's inquiry to do it via PM. The NGPD thread is not the best place to be displaying personal information like date of birth or even birthdays.

What's so wrong about it? It's just a birthday. People make birthday threads all the time, and I don't see a big deal. And If The NGPD thread isn't the best place, than just hide it under a huge wall of text. Relating to discussion, of course, but still in it.

At 2/1/10 10:32 PM, Toiletpaper wrote: 11/24/92

I deserve a cake.

Did you see my birthday thread D:

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 07:08:43

Back in the cages you go Nossie! On another note, what is on/off topic in this place? I have something I'd like to share, but I'm not quite sure if it'd be accepted.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 09:34:29

At 2/2/10 07:08 AM, letiger wrote: Back in the cages you go Nossie! On another note, what is on/off topic in this place? I have something I'd like to share, but I'm not quite sure if it'd be accepted.

If in doubt, use the NGPD general forum. You can post pretty much whatever you want in there (well, within reason), so if you're unsure about whether or not something is off-topic, going there first is always a good idea.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 12:56:55

At 2/2/10 07:08 AM, letiger wrote: Back in the cages you go Nossie! On another note, what is on/off topic in this place? I have something I'd like to share, but I'm not quite sure if it'd be accepted.

Stick to these rules when posting

2) When posting in a club, ask yourself, "Could I say this on AIM or some other major IM system?" If you are saying, "Hi, how was everyone's day?" and your club is about Megaman, that isn't really pertaining to Megaman, and is basically the reason why these clubs are all 200 + pages. In other words, don't post in your club just for the sake of posting.

3) Don't post just to bump your club, unless you have something actually LEGITIMATE to say. Countless amounts of time we have users saying, "Oh my God guys, I can't believe our club is on the third page, BUMP!" That causes clubs that no one cares about to keep on the front page. If your club does not get posts in it, obviously no one is interested in it. It's simple logic, use it.

This is from the rules mods set.

It's not hard to stay on topic. This club has a purpose. If you can't figure out what it is you shouldn't be in here. This isn't the general forums. I'm not saying you can't post thing that might be off-topic, but let's make it intelligent and meaningful.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 15:13:31

Getting a bit Monarch-ish in here ain't ya Spiffeh? I've seen the rosters that Lizz does every week and I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed in the numbers for those who are in the top 5 gainers of the week. Hell, I say this because when I was either a Lieutenant or Captain, I once gained 247 B/P in one week. Sure there was a bit more activity but still, low-mid double digits? Come on guys y'all can do it. Tails, I know you're not ranking up, I'm talking to the rest of 'em.

*cough*spiffeh*cough*

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 15:32:30

At 2/2/10 03:13 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Getting a bit Monarch-ish in here ain't ya Spiffeh?

I was never told when taking the current position I have that this was a democracy lol. This thread has been locked so many times it's not funny anymore. I'm doing what I can to keep it from happening again. I'm a hard-ass Marine, what can I say?

Tails, I know you're not ranking up, I'm talking to the rest of 'em.

*cough*spiffeh*cough*

I really don't intend on ranking up any time soon honestly. I might try to get up to 2499 B/P just for the hell of it, but I think I'll stick around here for a while. It's not like you can't talk to me all the time just because I'm not in the EGB lol.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 15:41:46

When you say "locked so many times it's not even funny." are you talking about the previous incarnations its had or has it been locked more than just when Poozy locked it?

BTW, since you're a Marine, when was your last deployment? Just curious.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 15:48:50

At 2/2/10 03:41 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: When you say "locked so many times it's not even funny." are you talking about the previous incarnations its had or has it been locked more than just when Poozy locked it?

Yea, since I've been here there was a couple of warn locks by Mal that didn't last as long as Poozy's. One lock should be enough to convince you that we don't want it to happen again.

BTW, since you're a Marine, when was your last deployment? Just curious.

Haven't had one yet. Might be deploying in a month or two though, don't know yet. Those things can be very last minute sometimes. We're a force in readiness after all.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 16:03:55

Cobra, when it comes to our B/P habits it's probably best that we don't go too high, purely for the sake of our existence. Usually, it's the members who want to rank out and join the EGB as quickly as possible that have quick gain rates, while us users who feel like our hearts lie in the Police retire just short, at some seriously low counts. If all of our users were all revved up and ready to move onwards to the barracks then the Department would dry up and our membercount will drop much further down - in turn leading to the end of the NGPD as even a semi-active club. Honestly, the 2100 B/P points that seperates the bottom and top end of the club is a very small gap, and we constantly need not only new users to fill the list, but some reliable long-term members that will stay with the force over time and keep contributing towards it as a member over the space of a year and upwards.

At 2/2/10 03:48 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Yea, since I've been here there was a couple of warn locks by Mal that didn't last as long as Poozy's. One lock should be enough to convince you that we don't want it to happen again.

Really? I don't remember Mal ever giving us short-term locks? I was here for his first warning, and I just happened to check on how the force was doing the day after our second warning, but I never saw any locks on the thread bar from the long-term one from Poozy. Heh, I've obviously missed out on a lot during my half-year or so of inactivity.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 17:48:30

At 2/2/10 04:03 PM, mwmike wrote: Cobra, when it comes to our B/P habits it's probably best that we don't go too high, purely for the sake of our existence. Usually, it's the members who want to rank out and join the EGB as quickly as possible that have quick gain rates, while us users who feel like our hearts lie in the Police retire just short, at some seriously low counts.

When I read his post I said, "What about me?!". Heh. Not that I DO want to get out of here. I have no place in the EGB as that is. I fear I might overshoot my rank sometime too.

At 2/2/10 03:48 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Yea, since I've been here there was a couple of warn locks by Mal that didn't last as long as Poozy's. One lock should be enough to convince you that we don't want it to happen again.

Has the EGB Ever been given a warn lock?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 18:16:34

At 2/2/10 05:48 PM, letiger wrote:

Wow, how bad did it get?

Has the EGB Ever been given a warn lock?

Ya know, you bring up an excellent question, I'm not really sure if there has been one or more or not. But I do know, I'm sure as hell not going through 1,174 pages to go looking for one. That's for damn sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 19:48:47

Let's not bring up the lock again. It's ancient history and we don't need to dwell on it. The only thing that should matter coming from that incident should be for us to maintain a higher standard of posting. None of that pillaging rape crap. We're civilized and mature defenders of the portal, and we need to act like it.

As for the b/p gains from the past week, we've been improving albeit slowly. A handful of people have stopped coming here altogether like Sectus, Calintz, and Figter which might also indicate an inactivity from NG.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-02 23:33:15

You do have a point Tails, however, I was merely asking, as I am a curious guy.

Anyway, how's it feel to have been here since 05 Tails? Also, HAPPY BELATD NG BIRTHDAY.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 00:17:59

Can i join sir i have been a member of Newgrounds for about a year now and i think i qualify to join.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 00:50:16

At 2/3/10 12:17 AM, iwantbrainz wrote: Can i join sir i have been a member of Newgrounds for about a year now and i think i qualify to join.

Sir, we would LOVE to take you, but you don't qualify here anymore. You ranked out. Right now, you are a private who belongs in the EGB. Godspeed, my friend.
*salute*

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature