00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Falkon0re just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

990,555 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-01 22:31:26

At 12/1/08 08:32 PM, perfect-insanity wrote: NGPD Roster -Monday December 1, 2008
ANNIVERSAY EDITION!!!
I do this as I will not be available on the 29th, anyone wish to take the position?
Great work this week!

Yay! I like what you did with this roster, perfect! It's very fitting for the occasion :) In regards to your question, if no one wants to give the roster a shot, I guess I'll have to try my hands at it. Don't expect great success though.

At 12/1/08 09:36 PM, Ismael92 wrote: C'mon guys, seriously. You can do it better than that

I could, but I don't care enough for my stats to actually spend more than 1.01 minutes a day at the portal. Ironically, it's my indifference towards the portal that's allowed me to stay here and have people like you enjoy the NGPD as well as protecting the portal! I'm such a good-bad leader :|

lol/cry faic <:'D

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-01 22:51:30

At 12/1/08 10:16 PM, perfect-insanity wrote:
At 12/1/08 09:36 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 12/1/08 08:32 PM, perfect-insanity wrote: Got my graduation stuff today (picture orders, a ring in the mail, and a form for the yearbook)
Feels great to be getting out of school and into something I like more next year
Congrats, just for curiosity... What are you planning to do next?
An electrical Engineering course at the local community college, then a few years of working to save enough money to put myself through another couple years of university at the memorial in ST. John's, Newfoundland

Oh... Yeah... Ehmmm... Have luck with that!

If you can't make it, I'm willing to help. I've just experimented a bit and I think I can do it. There's no need to make some kind of program or file to guide me, I think I can handle it.
If you please, would you like the plaintext to experiment further with or are you good with what you have? and for that matter, what do you have anyway?

If you want to give it to me it's OK, I don't think I need it though. Anyway, I'm going offline now...

Now what makes this different from any other roster you ask?

Here's Your Answer!!!
Yay, cake!
Thanks for the cake... I mean, roster... Whatever, just give me a piece of cake!
THE CAKE IS A LIE- THE CAKE IS A LIE- THE CAKE IS A LIE

hah, portal reference

FUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
WHY GOD?! WHYYYYYY?????!!!!!

At 12/1/08 10:31 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 12/1/08 09:36 PM, Ismael92 wrote: C'mon guys, seriously. You can do it better than that
I could, but I don't care enough for my stats to actually spend more than 1.01 minutes a day at the portal. Ironically, it's my indifference towards the portal that's allowed me to stay here and have people like you enjoy the NGPD as well as protecting the portal! I'm such a good-bad leader :|

Yes you care about your stats. In fact, you're jealous because my stats are higher than you. Or some shit like that. Anyway, I don't get why your indifference towards the portal allows you to have people like me enjoying this place and the portal...

lol/cry faic <:'D

lol

bye

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-01 23:15:13

Happy Birthday NGPD! Sorry for the late post, been busy. Anyways I will be willing to do the roster on the 29th if no one else wants to. I will put the best effort I can into it. I'm not sure how the formatting will turn out, though it shouldn't be to bad. Anyways let me know. Congradz to all the top gainers this week. Once I reach Security Guard and get put on the roster maybe we will be able to have some more competition on the roster.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-02 00:14:55

At 12/1/08 09:52 PM, Eroth221 wrote: *Cough* *Cough*
I hope that is not intended towards me since I made the top five with barely over 30 B/P. But then again, I doubt I could get over 200 with the lack of free time I have already.
But good job everyone anyway. And we are going to miss you FC-Thun-Fan. Without you, bananasrus09 will have the top of the list again.

Hey, 30 is better than nothing! And that last sentence makes me sound like a bad guy for some reason. You can have the top! I just care about my protecting and blamming, not having the number one spot on the top 5.

Sex.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-02 01:28:03

At 12/1/08 10:51 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Anyway, I don't get why your indifference towards the portal allows you to have people like me enjoying this place and the portal...

Isn't it obvious? If I ranked out, who would lead the NGPD? Without a leader, how would the NGPD carry on? Some of you may remember Mr. Angel, the guy I appointed as Commissioner when I resigned last year. What happened to him? Well if I'm here now, you can figure it out. Besides, I don't think you understand how it feels to be at the tip of the mountain with your golden capt. badge only to have the higher ups to push you off the edge and chuckle as you plummet right back where you started. Why SHOULD I care when that hard work amounted to nothing?

Honestly, I don't give a damn who has a higher badge or rank than me around here. That's not what I'm here for. I'm here for you guys. For the last 2 years, I ran the NGPD to give a place to the those who had the time and willpower to spare for the portal such as yourself as well as others, all the while foregoing my promotions. That's a sacrifice I'm more than willing to make and don't you dare tell me otherwise.

Some people choose to be active, others don't. That's reality. In a crowd, there's always those who are more or less inclined and we gotta accept that some things never change. A good handful of the members you listed hardly even go on NG anymore so it's actually a moot point.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-02 01:49:19

I just want to say Tails, that we are all grateful for your loyalty to the NGPD and the time you have spent here. With out you and the rest of the department my voting habits would be horrible, and my post quality around the BSS would have suffered greatly. NG is a better place because of the NGPD and the people that post here. Thanks buddy,

***Salutes***

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-02 04:30:46

At 12/1/08 08:32 PM, perfect-insanity wrote: NGPD Roster -Monday December 1, 2008
ANNIVERSAY EDITION!!!

I guess I forgot to say Happy 3-nniversary to NGPD.

Rank Ups

bananasrus09, Police Captain
hawkkid777, Portal Officer

Congrats to the two of you for ranking-up this week.

Top 5 Gainers

bananasrus09 - 208
perfect-insanity - 82
youngblood26 - 72
sinskae - 58
Eroth221 - 32

Congrats also to the guys' above, for making it to the Top5 Gainers this week, including myself for making back in the list.

Leaving the List

FC-Thun-Fan, Private

Congrats, good sir.

Random Wiki Article of the Week

Cake
Looks scrumptious?

No.## ||[+\-]|| [Total B/P] || [Gain] || [Gain/day] || [Name, Rank]
>>> 01 || __ || [ 2405 ] || [ 0072 ] || [ 010.2 ] || youngblood26, Police Captain

Back to the top, BABY!!!

Here's Your Answer!!!

Also, nicely done. So, can I receive a half of it?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-02 16:49:49

I haven't been blam and protecting recently due to the mass increase of very low quality spam, a whole influx of low quality flash is passing every day, despite a lot of people's efforts. Recently (in my opinion) the judgement system has been failing in a lot of cases. A while back you could blam and protect without coming across anywhere near as much flash, that is undeserving of a place in the portal. Whenever I come across a flash like this, and vote on it according to the score it deserves it passes, meaning that the majority of people who vote according to the flashes quality are losing a lot of marks. Due to this, it's quite worthless voting, since due to this sudden burst of spam the majority of your votes on low quality flashes make no difference, and they're allowed into the portal, as well as your votes on decent (although high quality flashes still pass a lot) quality flashes, since a lot of those submissions are being blammed, still.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-02 18:35:28

At 12/2/08 04:49 PM, mwmike wrote:
I haven't been blam and protecting recently due to the mass increase of very low quality spam, a whole influx of low quality flash is passing every day, despite a lot of people's efforts. Recently (in my opinion) the judgement system has been failing in a lot of cases. A while back you could blam and protect without coming across anywhere near as much flash, that is undeserving of a place in the portal. Whenever I come across a flash like this, and vote on it according to the score it deserves it passes, meaning that the majority of people who vote according to the flashes quality are losing a lot of marks. Due to this, it's quite worthless voting, since due to this sudden burst of spam the majority of your votes on low quality flashes make no difference, and they're allowed into the portal, as well as your votes on decent (although high quality flashes still pass a lot) quality flashes, since a lot of those submissions are being blammed, still.

OK, you vote 0 on something, but it is protected because other people vote high on shit submissions like that, so you just stop going to the portal?

One vote can make a difference. OK, maybe regardless of your vote shit will still be protected, but if you vote 0, at least the score is a bit lower. I understand what you say, and I hate when crap passes judgment too, so that's why I vote 0 on it.

Wade made it a topic a while ago about this situation. So the admins are aware of it. Read the topic and also Wade's answers, you'll see that he encourages people who vote 0 to keep doing so. And now, all Cereal's spam submissions have been deleted by the staff, and hopefully they will delete spam from other people too.

So, I wouldn't just leave the portal if I were you.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-02 21:00:03

The Plaintext Version of the roster is available for download via rapidshare for anyone who is interested in having it. It makes no difference to me who does the roster in my stead, just understand that I will be returning to the position on the 5th of January. It's a lot of fun if you have the patience for it.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-03 18:48:34

Ack, one problem. I don't have microsoft word. You see, I'm very inept with computers and after reformatting my computer for the first time (the computer is at least 4 years old) all the programs were gone and the CD key won't work cuz it's being a faggot. Along with that, there's a shitload of other inconveniences that's really pissing me off.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-03 18:57:24

Don't worry Tails, I'm still willing to take care of it :D
perfect-insanity, I think that since you don't need any of the Word tools, you could just use the notepad. Anyway it's the same...

:D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-03 22:51:46

At 12/3/08 06:57 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Don't worry Tails, I'm still willing to take care of it :D
perfect-insanity, I think that since you don't need any of the Word tools, you could just use the notepad. Anyway it's the same...

D

Yeah, Word is just my personal preference so you guys can have your notepads all to yourself. Does this suit your needs a little better?

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-04 00:24:23

At 12/2/08 01:28 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Isn't it obvious? If I ranked out, who would lead the NGPD? Without a leader, how would the NGPD carry on? Some of you may remember Mr. Angel, the guy I appointed as Commissioner when I resigned last year. What happened to him? Well if I'm here now, you can figure it out. Besides, I don't think you understand how it feels to be at the tip of the mountain with your golden capt. badge only to have the higher ups to push you off the edge and chuckle as you plummet right back where you started. Why SHOULD I care when that hard work amounted to nothing?

Answering your questions in order. . . Because someone else would step up to the plate. Is that not obvious? Also, MrAngel quit because he had sibling issues. What do you mean by higher ups pushing you off the edge? Sounds like someone needs some time to chill out.

dare tell me otherwise.

Woah Tails, don't kill anyone. Remember, the tongue, or rather, the keyboard, is a double edged sword. In other words, no matter who you are, your words can come to bite you in the arse.

/talking about stuff I probably have no clue about
Some people choose to be active, others don't. That's reality. In a crowd, there's always those who are more or less inclined and we gotta accept that some things never change. A good handful of the members you listed hardly even go on NG anymore so it's actually a moot point.

Okay, finally you've chilled out a little. Now I can read what you're saying without feeling like I'm inside the mind of an angry chess player about to go on a killing spree with his queen piece. Hopefully those of you in chess club reading this know what I mean. I got it from a crazy nerd friend (that is also awesome) of mine.

Sorry if this pisses you off any Tails, but I just felt that I had to respond to this before I went to bed. Anyways, please try to be chill in the future because if you don't, it rubs off on everyone and I don't think you want the NGPD to be known as the "Newgrounds Psycho Department" or something similar. Plus, I think it's not good for you to flip out like that.

Anger sucks, ok? My dad lost his job today because of it. Now I don't have any money to spend or anything until he can get another one.

Also, my gf's grand-dad died now, so I'm really sad today.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-04 01:26:35

Well...

As it turns out, my computer has once again let me down. Earlier today I attempted to boot it up, and nothing happened. So, this means that I will be inactive for a massive amount of time. It's an inconvenience to everyone, especially me, as I had many Flash submissions I was planning on submitting as well as sigs I was working on. If you need to contact someone, I am going to ask SapphireLight to deposit for me. I'll fill her in on all the things I need to do.

Later.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-04 09:25:41

Well...erm...Happy Birthday...

I'm very late so sorry about that.

Sorry for your loss Andrea. Tails this place needs you as its leader and if you were to leave, it would descend into chaos and then the rest of NG would be in a world of excrement.

<3

It would be nice if you got off your arse and ranked up though ;)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-04 16:29:02

At 12/4/08 12:24 AM, Andrea364 wrote: Answering your questions in order. . . Because someone else would step up to the plate. Is that not obvious?

Like who?

Also, MrAngel quit because he had sibling issues. What do you mean by higher ups pushing you off the edge? Sounds like someone needs some time to chill out.

Really? Angel never told me anything. He just vanished after I made him Commissioner. I even PM'ed him many, many months ago saying that if he didn't come back, he'd be considered inactive and take off.

Anyways, I used that tone because he assumed that I was jealous of him or something, which I found quite disrespectful. If I need criticism, I'll make sure to ask first. That's just how I am. Lemme reiterate my main point, I have bigger things to worry about than b/p'ing. Like my junior research paper.

K I'm chill now :)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 07:55:56

hey, I'm still around, just haven't been posting. My internet hasa been going off and on too, so it's ben difficult :S

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 10:30:56

At 12/2/08 04:30 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
Leaving the List

FC-Thun-Fan, Private
Congrats, good sir.

Thank you!

Keep up the good work everyone,

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 14:10:51

The weekend is finally here. I am very happy about that, I get to work on programming now. I'm such a geek.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 18:24:38

At 12/4/08 04:29 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Like who?

Me.

Really? Angel never told me anything. He just vanished after I made him Commissioner. I even PM'ed him many, many months ago saying that if he didn't come back, he'd be considered inactive and taken off.

Yeah, some of his sibling people screwed up his computer. Also, speaking of Commissioners, who is our Co-Commissioner now? If there is none, I'd like to apply for the job, even if I'm a Private, not an officer.

Anyways, I used that tone because he assumed that I was jealous of him or something, which I found quite disrespectful. If I need criticism, I'll make sure to ask first. That's just how I am. Lemme reiterate my main point, I have bigger things to worry about than b/p'ing. Like my junior research paper.

I see. Well, Angel was a bit egotistical. Sorry for being a bit of an ass about getting my point across. Good luck with that research paper, I just had to do one of those.

K I'm chill now :)

Good to see you back to your normal self.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 18:34:37

At 12/5/08 06:24 PM, Andrea364 wrote: Me.

lol, but really.

Yeah, some of his sibling people screwed up his computer. Also, speaking of Commissioners, who is our Co-Commissioner now?

After I fired tangent, I decided having a unit ops was just not worth it anymore so I got rid of the position.

If there is none, I'd like to apply for the job, even if I'm a Private, not an officer.

Ehhh I don't know. You seem to stay for a while, then disappear for a while. Besides, having an EG running the police dept has some serious implications. I intend to keep the PD run by police badges. Lastly, I never really needed a co-leader but thanks for the offer.

I'm not saying you're not up to it, but I don't think there's any immediate need to start handing power over to people willy-nilly.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 21:39:24

blergh, you guys post too much :[ I'm not active enough to read all that.

Anyways, tomorrow's my B-Day and I can't wait. Who wants to give me my present now? :D

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 21:45:18

At 12/5/08 09:39 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: blergh, you guys post too much :[ I'm not active enough to read all that.

Anyways, tomorrow's my B-Day and I can't wait. Who wants to give me my present now? :D

Happy Birthday! Seams too be alot of birthdays around this time

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 21:46:41

Well it took forever but I'm finally an officer. woot

Your birthday present shall be...
"happy birthday"

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 23:12:26

At 12/5/08 09:39 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: blergh, you guys post too much :[ I'm not active enough to read all that.

I could make you a birthday thread so that you wouldn't look like a pompous fool making one for yourself, or would that not count?

HAPPEH BERFDAY

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 23:27:13

30 minutes untill Birthday Time

Also, your present.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-05 23:39:21

Crusher117, wishing to apply for the NGPD!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-06 00:40:14

At 12/5/08 11:39 PM, Crusher117 wrote: Crusher117, wishing to apply for the NGPD!

Hears my take on this guy.

Badge: Good
Post Quality: The thing that always gets people rejected. I seen alot of pictures coming from this guy. Some one word post as well. I think he should improve his post quality first.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-12-06 01:02:06

At 12/5/08 11:39 PM, Crusher117 wrote: Crusher117, wishing to apply for the NGPD!

Well, let's see what we have here...

Whistle: Exceptional, although it actually isn't taken into consideration.
Post Quality: Though his posts aren't all too long, his post count, at least in my opinion, isn't really all that bad, but I can't say most of mine are much better.

Overall, I believe he should be allowed an apprenticeship and see if he improves post quality just a tad bit more, but then again, this is my first potential recruit evaluation in quite a while, so my perspective on most of all this may have changed for the worse.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature