Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 4/13/13 08:25 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Kobe Bryant out for the season

Never would i thought i would say those words in a sentence.

Sucks to be him.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Basketball CrEw Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 05:53 PM Reply

Ye Kobe is cool

Fuck the Lakers though

ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to American Basketball CrEw Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 4/13/13 11:23 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:

Sucks to be him.

Yeah the only way he is scoring 40 now is in a Painkiller bottle ;-P

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to American Basketball CrEw Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 01:14 PM Reply

I know he says he is going to come back next season, but I don't he will last his final year of his contract. Next year might be one long retirement party.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

final week of regular season...let's go Rockets, let's just beak dem Lakers and end nicely.

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 09:13 PM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: final week of regular season...let's go Rockets, let's just beak dem Lakers and end nicely.

Too bad that the game doesn't mean anything right now. Lakers are going to the postseason no matter what.

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw May. 5th, 2013 @ 12:10 PM Reply

Derrick Rose is a crying baby who is too scared to play despite the fact that he was cleared THREE MONTH ago. No way that he will come out knowing that he will be raped by Lebron.
Rose is not a champ, he is a chump.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw May. 5th, 2013 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 5/5/13 12:10 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Derrick Rose is a crying baby who is too scared to play despite the fact that he was cleared THREE MONTH ago. No way that he will come out knowing that he will be raped by Lebron.

Just because he's cleared to play doesn't mean that he is ready. I think we got a little spoiled watching Adrian Peterson recover so quickly from his ACL injury and turn around and win the MVP last season. People heal from injuries at different rates, and that's not including the psychological factors as well.

Don't blame Rose as much as you should blame Bulls management for not shutting him down for the season, and blame the media for exacerbating the problem, as they usually do.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw May. 6th, 2013 @ 09:42 AM Reply

At 5/5/13 09:50 PM, orangebomb wrote: Just because he's cleared to play doesn't mean that he is ready. I think we got a little spoiled watching Adrian Peterson recover so quickly from his ACL injury and turn around and win the MVP last season. People heal from injuries at different rates, and that's not including the psychological factors as well.

Rose should have come out and said that he would NOT play this season regardless the circumstances since that is what he is planning to do anyway. Instead, we are hearing him saying that he does not rule out a return in the playoffs. The longer the soap opera endures, the worse because Rose's teammates are pinning false hopes on him.

Don't blame Rose as much as you should blame Bulls management for not shutting him down for the season, and blame the media for exacerbating the problem, as they usually do.

Rose is the one who must shoulder the blame. I mean, his guy has been out for a year and was cleared three MONTHS ago, Rubio suffered the same kind of injury and returned much earlier than expected. Oh, considering how hard the other Bulls (Noah for example) fight through injures instead of sitting out like a coward, the whole Rose saga makes him a spoiled little kid who is too scared to play because he does not want to re-injure himself.
So hey, Rose...just retire, you will NOT get injured if you retire from playing basketball. As much as I respect the other Bulls not named Rose, they have no chance against the Heat.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw May. 6th, 2013 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 5/6/13 09:42 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Rose should have come out and said that he would NOT play this season regardless the circumstances since that is what he is planning to do anyway. Instead, we are hearing him saying that he does not rule out a return in the playoffs. The longer the soap opera endures, the worse because Rose's teammates are pinning false hopes on him.

Here's the problem, if he says that he doesn't want to play, then he would be unfairly labeled as a coward even if was cleared. Of course he wants to play, but as I said, he's the only person who knows his body, and he's not going to just simply ride the bench for a few minutes as a rehab start in the playoffs. Just because we saw AP recover quickly from an ACL, doesn't mean it's all the same.

In retrospect, it would have been a good idea in theory, but the media will label him something that he is not, and we all knew how long it takes to shake any negative label off of someone. Just look at Lebron as an example.

Rose is the one who must shoulder the blame.

The media must shoulder some blame too, but they have a habit of passing the blame around.

I mean, his guy has been out for a year and was cleared three MONTHS ago, Rubio suffered the same kind of injury and returned much earlier than expected. Oh, considering how hard the other Bulls (Noah for example) fight through injures instead of sitting out like a coward, the whole Rose saga makes him a spoiled little kid who is too scared to play because he does not want to re-injure himself.

1. Rubio is nowhere near a Derrick Rose level of a player, never mind that healing rates of athletes is different, but I've already mentioned that.

2. The other players injuries were not as bad as what Rose suffered from, you can't do much of anything if you have a torn ACL or even other ligaments in the knee. God forbid he gets injured again this season like he did last year, then I know you would've crucified him for going in when he should be resting. ACL tears are generally devastating, and it takes a lot of physical and mental rehab to fully recover from one.

So hey, Rose...just retire, you will NOT get injured if you retire from playing basketball.

Really? That would be like saying to Charles Barkley or Karl Malone to retire in the early 90's because they had no chance in hell to beat MJ in the NBA Finals.

As much as I respect the other Bulls not named Rose, they have no chance against the Heat.

Unfortunately, you are right on this one. A healthy Bulls team is the only legit team that can beat the Heat in a playoff series, and that certainly isn't the case now.

BBS Signature
FreshRems1
FreshRems1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to American Basketball CrEw May. 12th, 2013 @ 04:01 AM Reply

Favorite teams Spurs
Cross you over TP9
The big Three
Men in black
4xchamps TIm Tony Manu!!!

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:29 AM Reply

Come on, Pacers...beat the Heat for the world!!!

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Basketball CrEw Jun. 13th, 2013 @ 08:55 AM Reply

LeChoke is backkkkkkkkk!!! >:)
Come on, Spurs...finish the Cheat off.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 1st, 2014 @ 01:05 PM Reply

Can't let Duke's post be the last post of this thread can it?

To start the discussion, does anyone find it sad how the Knicks struggled despite the talent they have? After last season, you'd figure they could improve but instead, they struggled in the worst division in the game right now. I know it's the Knicks and all but even for them, it's still sad.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 1st, 2014 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 2/1/14 01:05 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Can't let Duke's post be the last post of this thread can it?

To start the discussion, does anyone find it sad how the Knicks struggled despite the talent they have? After last season, you'd figure they could improve but instead, they struggled in the worst division in the game right now. I know it's the Knicks and all but even for them, it's still sad.

It's depressing to see a team with that high of a payroll constantly struggle like the Knicks have done, though the the last couple of years, they brought themselves back some respectability. Part of the reason why the Knicks have been so bad is that there is no sense of accountability on this team, especially with the owner. Another part of it is that are totally reliant on Carmelo to do everything on offense, just like what happen when he was in Denver, which may have part to do with being coached by George Karl and Mike D'antoni, two of the most overrated coaches in the NBA who only believes in jacking up shots by volume and not play any serious defense, if any at all.

In all this however, they still are in the playoff race because the Easten Conference is morbid beyond Indy and Miami. If you want a team that is ran worse than the Knicks, just go look at the team they just torched yesterday, the Cleveland Caviliers. No leadership, no decent players beyond Irving, (who's vastly overrated as a player) and an owner that is petty and exploitative. This isn't the first time that they squandered 1st round picks on either stupid decisions (trading them away, Anthony Bennett) or end up biting them in the ass. (Lebron, Kyrie Irving)

Makes me wonder why the Seattle investment group didn't try to buy Gilbert out, and move the Cavs to Seattle instead of the Kings, considering that both are godawful franchises that are essentially driven into the ground. Really, no one outside of Northeastern Ohio ever rooted the Cavs other than the time that Lebron was there, and even then it was a tough sell.

BBS Signature
WallofYawn
WallofYawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to American Basketball CrEw Feb. 2nd, 2014 @ 04:01 PM Reply

My faves as follows:

Sacramento Kings(1)
Miami Heat(2)
Orlando Magics(3)
Boston Celtics(4)
Dallas Mavericks(5)

Whoop.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 16th, 2014 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Are we doing a March Madness Bracket Pool again?

@Gobblemeister
@Dream-of-Duke
@orangebomb
@reverend
@ViceFullbuster
@Idiot-Finder
@TheKlown

Sig by FB - AMA
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 16th, 2014 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 3/16/14 05:42 PM, ZJ wrote: Are we doing a March Madness Bracket Pool again?

Sure why not. Just make a pool and I'll join.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 16th, 2014 @ 10:18 PM Reply

Bracket Pool: http://y.ahoo.it/NgjbgKFZ

Password is: TomFulp

Can't wait to see how you guys do!

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 20th, 2014 @ 09:16 PM Reply

I guess I'm not going to win that billion dollars. Thank you Ohio State.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 20th, 2014 @ 09:45 PM Reply

My perfect bracket went down the drain when Cincinnati fell to Harvard. Aside from Dayton, the Ohio schools pretty much shat the bed in the first round. (well, second round but I don't count those so-called first round games)

Though, I can take comfort in the fact that Ohio State was the first team to fall in the tournament. Figures as much considering that they are the San Diego Chargers of college basketball, (and college football as well) do well in the regular season, but when the lights are on bright, they find a way to fall apart hard.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 21st, 2014 @ 02:37 PM Reply

Looks like Duke laid another dookie in the tournament, losing to Mercer, 78-71. Somewhere in Omaha, Warren Buffett is laughing at us all the way to the bank, figures as much.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to American Basketball CrEw Mar. 23rd, 2014 @ 07:03 PM Reply

And my bracket went down in flames when Kansas lost. Well at least we don't have to listen to Wichita State anymore.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw 1 day ago Reply

LeBron is back in Cleveland.

Between this and Johnny Football going to the Browns, Cleveland looks like its going to get a good amount of press for its sports teams in the near future.

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Basketball CrEw 1 day ago Reply

At 7/11/14 12:54 PM, ZJ wrote: LeBron is back in Cleveland.

Between this and Johnny Football going to the Browns, Cleveland looks like its going to get a good amount of press for its sports teams in the near future.

Oh, they'll get their coverage, just don't expect a lot of it to be positive though, as they will find a way to screw it all up and revert back to their usual ways. All I can think of is how long will it be before Dan Gilbert destroys all of their good fortune again like he did in 2010? They'll most likely be the favorites to come out of the East and win a title (lol) but that's what we said about the Lakers a couple of years ago when they got Steve Nash, and that didn't turn out well.

Never mind that Johnny Football will get thrashed in the NFL on a dismal team, but that's a different topic for a different day.

BBS Signature