00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HPinky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,427 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 14:05:19

At 2/21/08 01:44 PM, Rig wrote:
haha...maybe this one would be better. It worked for the Playboy Mansion, it'll work for this collab, gosh darnit! >:O

That song's great and funny, but possibly your Civilization loop might be a better choice. It's smaller (right?) it's classier/more artsy and it loops really well. Besides, people don't spend a lot of time on menu screens and they might not listen to the whole muffin song anyways. Also also, the hard core awesomeness of the muffins might turn off some people.

On the other side of it though, I could be entirely wrong. I can actually see the muffin song working out really well. It's also a short track, it's funny/less serious. It's not like we have Adam Philips in the collab, so why should we try to make it artsy when it's really not like that in the first place. The track would make people laugh, and its not like newgrounds caters to a massive "art" crowd anyways. If I had to choose, all things taken into consideration, I'd go with the muffin song, but I guess I just want you to do something with that civilization loop so bad, because I feel like it's just sitting there...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 14:59:40

At 2/21/08 02:05 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 2/21/08 01:44 PM, Rig wrote:
haha...maybe this one would be better. It worked for the Playboy Mansion, it'll work for this collab, gosh darnit! >:O
That song's great and funny, but possibly your Civilization loop might be a better choice. It's smaller (right?) it's classier/more artsy and it loops really well. Besides, people don't spend a lot of time on menu screens and they might not listen to the whole muffin song anyways. Also also, the hard core awesomeness of the muffins might turn off some people.

On the other side of it though, I could be entirely wrong. I can actually see the muffin song working out really well. It's also a short track, it's funny/less serious. It's not like we have Adam Philips in the collab, so why should we try to make it artsy when it's really not like that in the first place. The track would make people laugh, and its not like newgrounds caters to a massive "art" crowd anyways. If I had to choose, all things taken into consideration, I'd go with the muffin song, but I guess I just want you to do something with that civilization loop so bad, because I feel like it's just sitting there...

Hmmn Civilisation Loop's a good idea!
Hey how about everyone makes a side project to the loop.
Everyone makes a dancing character inside a MovieClip, sends it to BritishMoose, and he puts everyone's dancing character somewhere in the menu?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 15:10:30

At 2/21/08 02:05 PM, Quarl wrote: Civilization loop

Hey, good choice. I was kidding about the muffin song anyways. :P
And the song version is still undar cunstrakshin! When I'm done my part, Rucklo's gonna do some scratches and RadioactiveRhino is gonna sax it up. lulz

Any other musical choices?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 15:15:11

At 2/21/08 02:59 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
Everyone makes a dancing character inside a MovieClip, sends it to BritishMoose, and he puts everyone's dancing character somewhere in the menu?

Problem with that idea, is that it would take some of us another month to animate that. Neat concept though :3

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 15:15:26

Lol.. this is like my trademark dance ^-^
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/210208/7 6365_Dance2.php
woohoo -_-

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 15:23:59

traced? Gimme a break -_-
have it a long while now.. used in submissions too so.. don't think it's usable tho ..
but I can make a couple dancing animations if you'd like, since ill be done way before deadline with the main movie i think

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 15:27:47

alright.. I can do some low quality too if that's good enough for you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 15:29:18

At 2/21/08 03:27 PM, Keveta2 wrote: alright.. I can do some low quality too if that's good enough for you.

And on top of that.. ofcourse it's natural to believe animations are traced when you're making a movie about something that already exist.. but this doesn't mean that it its.. I mean.. It's far from flawless lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 15:57:59

GUYYYZ? What's the due date again?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 16:02:09

At 2/21/08 03:29 PM, Keveta2 wrote: And on top of that.. ofcourse it's natural to believe animations are traced when you're making a movie about something that already exist.. but this doesn't mean that it its.. I mean.. It's far from flawless lol

No sorry, usually traced stuff looks exactly like that. The original animated stuff sticks more to the onionskins, and creates a perfectly smooth animation. While tracers usually only pay attention to the animation underneath their drawing, and get wobbly lines like in your animation. Sorry ^-^;

At 2/21/08 03:10 PM, Rig wrote: Hey, good choice. I was kidding about the muffin song anyways. :P
And the song version is still undar cunstrakshin! When I'm done my part, Rucklo's gonna do some scratches and RadioactiveRhino is gonna sax it up. lulz

Any other musical choices?

Needs moar cakemix? No wait.. Eggs.. Where are the eggs?!
Goddamn.. weve got an eggsucker among us.

At 2/21/08 03:15 PM, Quarl wrote: Problem with that idea, is that it would take some of us another month to animate that. Neat concept though :3

Well we could stick to a simple motion twe-- Wait, youre right! Lambinvoker..
Wait! Hes animating silly little dancing guys right? We could just take some of what he animated and put that in the menu. No problem right? ^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 16:08:07

Argh.. but I get wobby lines no matter what I do lol :P But anyways... enough about me, let's talk about Rig. ^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 16:19:04

Eh, it's not entirely a big deal if you trace. Professional animators on tight schedules will sometimes trace figures from stock images or reference books. I animate with the mouse, so naturally I don't have the same adeptness that I have at drawing. I like to trace hands when ever I decide to include them. I'll use my own reference pics however.

Of course, tracing can be stealing if used in the wrong instances or with the wrong images. Tracing someone else's animations is stealing (would you copy and paste someone else's essay for school and consider that not stealing?) If you rip an image off of the net from a CC website and forget to credit the author, or if you rip and trace from an image that isn't CC in the first place... meh, stealing is such a touchy subject, I really don't want to get into it. (At art school, that word is fucking taboo.)

Just keep in mind that tracing can be a good or bad thing. It all depends on the content and the context.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 16:49:13

At 2/21/08 09:32 AM, Whirlguy wrote: My blimp is awesome.

LMAO!! Guys, why are we all messing with Rig? Did he do something bad again? *wink wink*

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 17:05:41

At 2/21/08 04:40 PM, BritishMoose wrote: As the compiler I feel a need to stamp down on keveta's tracing. Lying about it only makes it worse. I'm glad to see that you've taken out all the naruto-ness of your part. Work on your backgrounds and the explosion and that'll be fine.

Don't tell me you're saying I 'traced' that too -_- Coz I didn't ----,,,,----
Anyways.. don't got much time nxt couple of days.. but nxt week we get a week off.. dunno why, but.. more than enough time to finish everythin.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 17:07:35

At 2/21/08 03:23 PM, Keveta2 wrote: traced? Gimme a break -_-
have it a long while now.. used in submissions too so.. don't think it's usable tho ..
but I can make a couple dancing animations if you'd like, since ill be done way before deadline with the main movie i think

Actually, it IS traced from Azumanga Daioh. =P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 17:09:13

Argh... I give up -_-

By the way, can't we use that Rig-Blimp as a pre-loader thingy? xD

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 17:17:43

Well, we don't HAVE to make little dancing animations for the menu, it could just be a montage of scenes or already made movie clips (including discarded ones) or no animation at all, possibly.

Besides, dancing animations belong in the disco club!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 17:19:51

Hmmm i wanna make the menu.. mine would be sleek and sexy..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 17:59:53

At 2/21/08 05:19 PM, adman1993 wrote: Hmmm i wanna make the menu.. mine would be sleek and sexy..

Oh and change of plan whoevers infront of me imma gonna have a flash of white light so yours could either come straight after the flash or fade in from it i dont mind..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 18:11:43

Triple POST!

Heres the finished draft: http://www.st1k.net/view.php?id=159

Excuse the first bit.. i messed it up, but his head does turn and theres a bang in the corridor

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 18:12:41

At 2/21/08 05:17 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote:
Well, we don't HAVE to make little dancing animations for the menu, it could just be a montage of scenes or already made movie clips (including discarded ones) or no animation at all, possibly.

Besides, dancing animations belong in the disco club!

True, though scenes.. I think its a little too complicated to have everyone do a scene. Maybe as an extra section for deleted scenes, that means the naruto part's going in there aswell. I dont know how many people want that.

How about.. having Writerblock's background, with the loveblimp in the background, and everybody's dancing on top of the rooftop? And everyone should reserve theirselves a spot to have their character dance on, so they have a limited space to work with and it wont screw up the menu.

Oh, they dont have to be dancing btw, it would be very cool if characters could be interacting with eachother. Like someone tags a guy, and the guy looks around all confused, and decides to ignore it, and it keeps repeating. You know, stuff that youll keep looking at for a while before pressing play :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 18:30:16

Lol ideas. At the lest, I think we could have a gallery of your screenshots. Lambinvoker's draft characters, keveta's driver with red marks all over it from whirlguy (?), I think most of us have got some sort of still picture in the WIP stage...

Also, I like the idea of the MCs just doing random junk in the menu. I could have my big blob guy continually licking the screen, maybe...

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 19:05:56

Screenshots.. Excellent idea! :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 19:16:19

Id probably have my character dancing by a ridge, almost falling off, stops for a second, and continues dancing again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 19:38:47

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-21 23:09:59

There needs to be a hidden menu screen that leads to all my awesome rough flashes. Or at least a screen shot of a penis with a top hat that says how gay I am. I know rig would like that.

Also, I'm not about to crit that rough flash. Today was a pretty heavy crit day in school, so I'm feeling a little drained.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-22 00:10:44

At 2/21/08 07:38 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: Here's what I got so far. Tell me what you think.

I like it! It's looking really good, I can't wait to see what comes next.

Tomorrow I finally start my character animation. I would get on it tonight, but I am dead tired from the lack of sleep from last night. Hopefully within the next few days I won't disappoint you all with my poor animation abilities.

I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-22 00:19:15

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-22 00:54:39

At 2/21/08 11:42 AM, Rig wrote:
At 2/21/08 09:32 AM, Whirlguy wrote: My blimp is awesome.
Strange...that blimp is even sexier than the others. But I can't put my finger on it...

Yes, that blimp does scare the fuck out of me.

(no offense rig, its just its looking at me like i'm edible D: )

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-22 01:59:34

At 2/22/08 12:54 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote: (no offense rig, its just its looking at me like i'm edible D: )

It's hypnotic, isn't it? Soon you'll begin to see it everywhere...

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature