00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boombaclattering just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,591 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 01:23:46

Everyone, I hate to have to do this so suddenly, but I have already talked with Rig about it. I am going to have to drop out from the collab. Truth be told, I have not be able to make any progress on my part in the past two weeks. This was somewhat caused by a large amount of college workload and a newly acquired girlfriend. However, the largest factor in my failure to meet this collab's expectations is a lack of motivation. I just haven't been able to bring myself to start up Flash for some reason. After much consideration, I came to the conclusion that the best decision for myself and for the rest of the collab is for me to pull out. I really don't want to drop out, but I can't sacrifice my academic and personal life to meet this deadline, and I do not want to give you guys some half-assed part that I would have tried to rush in at the last moment. I want to say to everyone, especially to you Rig, that I am sorry for letting you all down. I won't be participating in any collabs anytime soon. It is probably best that I just work leasurely on solo project for the time being. I'll of course still be around on the forums and what not, and I look forward to seeing this project once it's completed. Good luck guys.

I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 02:18:30

At 3/5/08 12:34 AM, Rig wrote: Updates, guys, I need updates!

I don't see too much point in posting another update until I'm done, as there's not too far to go now, but I can tell you that I'm working slowly, but I'll get there...
There's a high chance that I'll run a little over the deadline, but I'll try to pull it together for the 11th...

Also, Lambinvoker, your part looked like it was going to be great, and it's sad to see you leaving...

So that means that F-o-D's part is up for grabs again? Maybe the person filling in that part could continue on Lambinvoker's idea.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 04:31:53

At 3/5/08 01:23 AM, Lambinvoker wrote: Everyone, I hate to have to do this so suddenly, but I have already talked with Rig about it. I am going to have to drop out from the collab. Truth be told, I have not be able to make any progress on my part in the past two weeks... I'll of course still be around on the forums and what not, and I look forward to seeing this project once it's completed. Good luck guys.

Oh my fucking god. Man, that really sucks. I mean, i know its not lambinvokers fault, but what are we going to do now? thats a major downer.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 04:37:17

Ah, shat.. this isn't an update! This is madness at 4 AM!

Seriously though, I do have some progress done, but I really don't feel like posting it up yet until it's a bit more cleaned up... Right now there's just static background and lines leakin' into one another and the background set to purple to better see the holes in the paint. In short, it's a big mess.

And yes, I have customized the loveblimp into a turbo-heart-farting ladyblimp in my part. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 04:42:10

At 3/5/08 04:37 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: And yes, I have customized the loveblimp into a turbo-heart-farting ladyblimp in my part. :D

Awesome. ZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 05:30:00

At 3/5/08 04:37 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: And yes, I have customized the loveblimp into a turbo-heart-farting ladyblimp in my part. :D

LOL, i love your blimp.

My blimp is pretty much the same, except its shaded, has its tounge sticking out, and on it says: THE LOVE BLIMP LOVES YOU!

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 12:50:27

At 3/5/08 12:34 AM, Rig wrote: Updates, guys, I need updates!

I agree, but with lambinvoker stepping out of the project, and with others running out of time..
We need to take more time to finish this, or else we wont make it at all.

Oh and Milly's silly update reminded me to put the Rigblimp in my project. Oh god, right at this moment I have gotten a great idea, I wished I could put it in right now.. TT-TT

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 17:41:46

At 3/5/08 04:56 PM, 2nd-Edition wrote: this things looking mint

any plans on animating Ctsg 2?

Yeah, i voluteered to do your part, 2nd-edition!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 18:41:00

What a drag, Lambinvoker. Well, I hope you success in the future with your studies and your woman *wink wink*.

Anyways, since Lambinvoker's part is open, I guess we need to extend the deadline.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 20:49:32

Before I forget, I've another question: How/where are we going to send in our part when it's completed?
--
As for the lambinvoker situation, I'm hoping that someone can either build upon the existing wireframe or suggest some possible substitutions... anyone have any unused animations? o_o;

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 22:18:34

At 3/5/08 08:49 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: Before I forget, I've another question: How/where are we going to send in our part when it's completed?
--
As for the lambinvoker situation, I'm hoping that someone can either build upon the existing wireframe or suggest some possible substitutions... anyone have any unused animations? o_o;

It's on the first page.

- Send your parts to me - musicalrig@gmail.com - in .fla format and I'll forward them to the guy who volunteers to compile this thing :)

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-05 23:36:07

Alright, due to all the shit that's going down, the deadline is extended by two weeks - March 25th. Can we do it? YES WE CAN
Also, if anyone knows of anyone who wants to take over Lambinvoker's part, send them here!!!!

omg rigblimps everywhere D:

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-06 00:00:35

Kool. We can finish this collab by that time, hopefully. But don't we need to get someone who needs to replace Lambinvoker first, before setting the new deadline? I mean, the person who's going to take over his place is sort of going to need more than 2 weeks to make it look good. Unless that person is a GOD and can make a master piece in a day.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-06 00:55:37

At 3/5/08 10:18 PM, BlazingGamer wrote:
At 3/5/08 08:49 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: How/where are we going to send in our part when it's completed?
It's on the first page.

Oh, durr. I feel stupid now. XD

Weeeeeeell..... I thought I should mention an idea concerning the lambinvoker problem that developed earlier while waiting for laundry to finish up. :3
I was bored, so I doodled on my thumbnail. It humored me so much that I thought it would be interesting to have photos of different hand/finger poses and animate faces to them. Then I thought it would be more interesting to make it to the music for lamb's part. Now, I enjoy messing around with facial animation and lipsynching, so if I somehow manage to get my animation done with some spare time left over, I'll try this little project of mine.

OBVIOUSLY, I won't do this unless I get the OK from Rig and everyone else. Still, a suggestion is a suggestion, and it never hurts to put ideas on the table. :3

The Ctsg Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-06 09:44:35

At 3/5/08 11:36 PM, Rig wrote: Alright, due to all the shit that's going down, the deadline is extended by two weeks - March 25th. Can we do it? YES WE CAN
Also, if anyone knows of anyone who wants to take over Lambinvoker's part, send them here!!!!

omg rigblimps everywhere D:

OMG THANK YOU! <3

Update! =D

Yes, very happy update! O:

I brought my computer back to the store today, they checked it and my harddisk appeared to have crashed like I thought. So theyre sending it back to the acer factory cause it only started like a month after my guarantee was due.

Let's share hands and think positive guys! There will be sunny landscapes, with rainbows.. and penicorns.. =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-06 20:25:14

At 3/5/08 08:49 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: As for the lambinvoker situation, I'm hoping that someone can either build upon the existing wireframe or suggest some possible substitutions... anyone have any unused animations? o_o;

If anyone would like the fla file to use as a guide I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

Yes, I can still lurk.

I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-06 20:25:21

Let's share hands and think positive guys! There will be sunny landscapes, with rainbows.. and penicorns.. =D

Wow.... You're my hero. =]

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-07 22:06:53

Oh boy, some improvements since the last update!

I'm a-tryin'... still, with so much more to do, it's getting kind of intimidating. :X I'm also getting sick 'n tired of making new symbols to nest into more symbols just so I can get secondary movement.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-07 22:45:21

With my part.. HOW AM I FINISHING IT?! >:C

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-08 01:15:29

At 3/7/08 10:06 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: Oh boy, some improvements since the last update!

I'm a-tryin'... still, with so much more to do, it's getting kind of intimidating. :X I'm also getting sick 'n tired of making new symbols to nest into more symbols just so I can get secondary movement.

That's going to look really cool.
I've started to make some decent headway on my part, and I feel like I'll definitely be able to finish by the 25th unless ultimate laziness consumes me between now and then (but that's only if I forget to take my anti-laziness pills...)

Also, I'm just going to throw this out there for consideration: Music for credits/replay at the end of the animation: Jazzy Loop
Ye, or ne?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-08 13:17:04

Wow Millie it´s looking awesome!

WB, nice loop! Add a beat and it should flow nicely from my part of the song into the credits^-^
I think it might cause confusion about wether it is part of the ctsg song though, so in my opinion we should make the song fade out, just like it does in the end already, and after that have your loop fade in.

That is, if we use your song in the credits of course.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-09 10:06:42

I dibs a spot on CTSG 2 >:C

Also, HOW AM I ENDING MY PART?!

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-09 10:24:55

At 3/9/08 10:06 AM, Night-Mare wrote: I dibs a spot on CTSG 2 >:C

Angel dies of cancer or something. Then he gets beaten up by fists from nowhere, with every hit to the angel being one of the drum hits that 2nd-Edition shamelessly disturbed the end of my part with.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-09 11:15:19

I suggest you just take a different angle of his fall. Like from under him, he could be falling towards the camera. Or from above him, where you can see him falling further away. That's what I would do.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-09 18:47:18

Can someone post a progress chart?

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-09 21:14:47

Do we have someone to replace Lambinvoker's part yet?

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-10 02:31:06

Um, didn't we work this out? Remember the transition? What the hell dude! Angel is in hell, camera moves upwards through dirt, up into the city ie. my part

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-10 20:04:49

At 3/5/08 11:36 PM, Rig wrote: Alright, due to all the shit that's going down, the deadline is extended by two weeks - March 25th. Can we do it? YES WE CAN

WHAT? Fuck, after all that work in the last few days trying to get it done for tommorow after procrastinating half the first month away! Damn it!

Oh well... more time to animate cock.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-10 20:43:18

Oh well... more time to animate cock.

LMAO!! Hey, well, yeah.... more time to animate cock.....

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-03-11 00:53:17

If ANYONE knows of anyone who wants to take over Lambinvoker's part, PLEASE send them to me!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature