00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Marcosw92 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,137 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 11:44:33

At 2/19/08 03:42 AM, Rig wrote:
At 2/18/08 11:07 PM, Quarl wrote: Another preview.

lol. shape tweens D;
I need to learn flash so I can take my revenge on you properly >:(
<3
i'm in university, not college. lol

Is there a difference between between college and university? All this time I thought the two were synonymous. Unless your trying to make teh funn-eh.
Also, if you want any help learning flash, you can always bother me on aim. I love giving n00b flash tutorials. Just no action scripting... I never learned that because the old pirated version I used last year wouldn't allow me that ability. It always glitched out. Also, I haven't really animated that much since I've up graded :P

Seriously though, I'd love to help. The sooner you learn flash, the sooner you can get to exacting your hilarious revenge... or you could just write a song about me...I'd gladly do the lyrics :3

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 15:07:59

Yay Ive gotten me computer to work again! <3
Next updates from me will not be from flash, since I will focus on the backgrounds now^-^

At 2/18/08 06:09 PM, Keveta2 wrote: Alrighty.. sorry for the double post, but I gotta go now....

Great work on the asplosion O:
Hmmn, you know.. If you just undid the whole sharingan eye change thing. It would be less Naruto like, and I think people will appreciate it better.

At 2/18/08 11:07 PM, Quarl wrote: Another preview.

lol. shape tweens D;

wow that was hilarious! XD

At 2/19/08 01:14 AM, Night-Mare wrote: OMFG UPDATE C:>

lol you used the idea I gave you :3
looking awesome man! =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 15:14:57

Yah im gonna be more active now :) i got 2 weeks off school to work on this and other stuff like learning php/javascript/css/mysql XD But working on my part now :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 16:21:49

Keveta - Awww, you're not gonna follow my suggestion of Chic-Fil-Dori shinjuku? ;__;
As for the whole Naruto hate thing, I think it's mainly because the way you make your part is similar to ripping a page from the manga and then pasting your characters in. If you can just make things a little different, a little more unique, then people will probably respond to it better.

Rig - Yeah, it was supposed to be the camera passing by a building, but I was too lazy and in a hurry to put in windows or highlights or anything. It's mainly there as a transitional device, but I can always make it something different... like a giant TV or a flag.... or a Cloverfield monster....

Adman - I need a pm on the details of what you're planning for your part, and if you need me to change my ending.

Writersblock - I also want to know how your part is going to influence Adman's, just in case I need to alter my ending for a better flow from my part to his part to your part. Oh, and can I have a copy of a loveblimp symbol? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to draw my own or animate yours...

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 16:23:45

damn editing button.. why dont you exist?!

Anyway i got my draft part finished.. Btw the stuff at the end is gonna happen.. but with different objects and people! :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 16:30:30

At 2/19/08 04:23 PM, adman1993 wrote:
Anyway i got my draft part finished..

Huh. I would've figured that the animation going to the classical part would've been more.... classy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 16:35:30

At 2/19/08 04:30 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: Huh. I would've figured that the animation going to the classical part would've been more.... classy.

Funny you should say that cos im gonna put a load of rich people there :) or I was gonna have the character running a lil girl/boy and have it their mommy having sex or something i dunno.. she could be dead for all it matters..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 16:50:34

I can see it now...

From my part, the camera going behind a building. The black shadow pans over and reveals itself to be the shadow of a plush velvet curtain. Beyond the curtains lies a beautiful expansive ballroom, filled with waltzing refined people.
A woman daintily converses with a suave gentleman, when she goes to pull a lace hankerchief from her tiny pearl-adorned purse.

With a stronger than intended yank, the kerchief flutters out of her purse... and to her embarrassing horror, a "Kiss of Blimp" condom goes flying out as well...

Now THAT'S classy! XD

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 16:57:33

At 2/19/08 04:23 PM, adman1993 wrote: damn editing button.. why dont you exist?!

Anyway i got my draft part finished.. Btw the stuff at the end is gonna happen.. but with different objects and people! :)

Seems like my style is rubbing off on you guys ;)

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 17:22:32

At 2/19/08 04:21 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: Keveta - Awww, you're not gonna follow my suggestion of Chic-Fil-Dori shinjuku? ;__;

Ripping a page from the manga!? ok srsly... wtf? I sure as hell didn't do that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 17:31:52

At 2/19/08 05:22 PM, Keveta2 wrote:
At 2/19/08 04:21 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: Keveta - Awww, you're not gonna follow my suggestion of Chic-Fil-Dori shinjuku? ;__;
Ripping a page from the manga!? ok srsly... wtf? I sure as hell didn't do that.

Oops, sorry... I was thinking in terms of making a collage. ^^; Sort of like instead of making a collage by ripping out a page of the manga and pasting your stuff over it, make it where you cut up the page, then cut up pages from Entertainment Weekly and Animerica and then taking the mixed-up pieces and pasting them together to make something original, albeit bizarre. :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 17:35:40

Well.. lol.. I still dunno what you mean.. Didn't use anything outside flash :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 17:59:00

At 2/19/08 05:35 PM, Keveta2 wrote: Well.. lol.. I still dunno what you mean.. Didn't use anything outside flash :/

*sigh*

Making your part imitate Naruto without using Naruto characters is like ripping a page from the manga and pasting your own characters over it. (see idiom.)

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

The Ctsg Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:07:42

This is prolly gonna make me sound like a big idiot.... But I still don't get it ^-^'
Let's just drop the subject lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:25:58

At 2/19/08 06:07 PM, Keveta2 wrote: This is prolly gonna make me sound like a big idiot.... But I still don't get it ^-^'

She said: It's not cool.

Adman - I don't like where your animation is heading. Earlier in the thread, I specified that I don't want any sex in this thing. I highly recommend that you change it - millie has a good idea.
Just letting you know ;|

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:30:02

At 2/19/08 06:25 PM, Rig wrote:
At 2/19/08 06:07 PM, Keveta2 wrote: This is prolly gonna make me sound like a big idiot.... But I still don't get it ^-^'
She said: It's not cool.

Well then It's a good thing I didn't 'rip' anything then.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:36:37

Let's just drop the subject lol

What Millie means is that your characters are original, but your ideas, your plotline, is not. You're cutting and pasting the "concept" onto your part. Is what I think the point was.

I agree that it could work out with much more originality if you change the cut and paste parts. I think you mentioned before that you couldn't think of how to destroy the car, try brainstorming, or ask for help with ideas here. It's ok to ask help from us, I've been trying to show you guys most of what I'm doing so that if there's anything that needs change, I can get some feedback for it.
Anyways, just some random ideas that could destroy the car:
A random high society person pushes a piano out of the window of a high building. The guy doesn't have to destroy the car.
Or, he could destroy the car by throwing a grenade at it. Simple, practical (he could have very easily have had a grenade in his pocket in the first part. and He's obviously going to pull the gun out first). He could throw it on the road before the car, and as the car is just about past it, it goes off and lifts the back half of the car into the air, with a bright explosion behind it.
Maybe he could just step aside from it and it'll drive past, kind of like "woah, all that action packed build up, and he survives by stepping to the side. Did not see that one coming."

So, yeah, I have plenty of ideas, and probably lots of other people here too. We'll work something out.

@ millie: Up the page a bit earlier you mentioned transitions, adman's scene melts away to have mine behind it. I think it could be done a little more simply, since all parts thus far are in some sort of city/building thing, but melting should look pretty cool.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:45:39

At 2/19/08 06:25 PM, Rig wrote: Adman - I don't like where your animation is heading. Earlier in the thread, I specified that I don't want any sex in this thing. I highly recommend that you change it - millie has a good idea.
Just letting you know ;|

Yeah, I think millie's idea did sound cool, good way to make fun of the high class citizens.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:53:24

LOL @ YOU GUYS!

i was only kidding about the sex thing! Jesus! I wouldnt seriosly put a melting dick into one of my submissions.. thats just dumb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:56:33

hai guise.

My computer's still kind of unstable. Ive been getting some stuff to work but it tends to fall out at times.. I should be able to use it now though. I will still need to instal flash <_<

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 18:59:09

At 2/19/08 06:53 PM, adman1993 wrote: LOL @ YOU GUYS!

i was only kidding about the sex thing! Jesus! I wouldnt seriosly put a melting dick into one of my submissions.. thats just dumb.

It wasn't the melting dick that was the problem, you just sounded serious about the kids walking in on their mum having sex.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-19 19:02:34

And then the dead part.. ? lol it doesnt matter anyways.. ill try to go with millies idea!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 00:03:29

I apologize for the lack of updates. I have been doing most of my work in the middle of class on notebook. I have most of the storyboard drawn out, but I don't have a scanner available at this time. Tomorrow I will head to the library after classes and scan a few pages to open things of for opinions or suggestions.

In other news: I have a girlfriend now!

javascript:MakeSmileySelection(15);

I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 11:29:21

Progress:
Whirlguy - is almost done at the bus stop
Keveta2 - has naruto on the brain
silly-stungun-millie - believes she can fly
adman1993 - is gonna do something to high society
WritersBlock - has set free the blimp of lovvvvve <3 (also screenie)
BritishMoose - is seeeeecret
Lambinvoker - at stage 3 out of 3872
ShortMonkey - unfinished animation
Night-Mare - introduces a plot twist
xTOXICxEMPIRE - is on the streets, and making sigs
Quarl - is slowly digging his own grave >:(
BlazingGamer - has some animation ideas
Rig - is keeping track of everything, and wants to have a spot on this list too :3

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 11:49:25

No naruto this time -_-

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200208/6 4008_Acollab2.php

Still working on it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 12:07:03

At 2/20/08 11:29 AM, Rig wrote: Progress:

Hey, am I seriously pissing you off, because if that's the case, I'm really sorry man. That was never my intention. Just trying to have a little fun :P

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 12:31:13

At 2/20/08 12:07 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 2/20/08 11:29 AM, Rig wrote: Progress:
Hey, am I seriously pissing you off, because if that's the case, I'm really sorry man. That was never my intention. Just trying to have a little fun :P

I pretty sure he knows it's all in good humor. =P

Okay, I'm here at the library with some scans. Behold!
Sketch 3
Sketch 4
Storyboard 1
Storyboard 2
Storyboard 3

I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 14:10:45

At 2/20/08 12:07 PM, Quarl wrote: Hey, am I seriously pissing you off, because if that's the case, I'm really sorry man. That was never my intention. Just trying to have a little fun :P

Nah, I love you. :3

angreh faic! >:(

Keveta2 - Looks neat, I'm glad we'll still see a big bang at the end.
Lambinvoker - I like where it's going! Good planning. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 15:21:21

At 2/20/08 02:10 PM, Rig wrote: Keveta2 - Looks neat, I'm glad we'll still see a big bang at the end.

Although I'd personally prefer the naruto ending ^-^ But that can't be helped... Anyways.. The ending is in here now.. Just have to change and add a few things blah blah blah ^^

If anything is wrong AGAIN,.. I'll probably eat my socks or something hehe...

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200208/7 6561_Acollab2.php

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-02-20 16:42:35

At 2/20/08 03:21 PM, Keveta2 wrote: If anything is wrong AGAIN,.. I'll probably eat my socks or something hehe...

It's looking good.

I will be busy working on a 6 pager regarding Edgar Allen Poe's poems. Once I'm finished with that, I will try to get some more animation in while I study for a kanji exam that's on Friday.

BBS Signature