00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Good Captains Art Thread

74,391 Views | 618 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-08 09:09:02

Wow, forgot this place existed. Nice head, by the way, looking forward to seeing that finished.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-08 18:13:44

At 4/8/08 09:09 AM, ArkWelder wrote: Wow, forgot this place existed. Nice head, by the way, looking forward to seeing that finished.

haha yeah i haven't posted anything in awhile, if i'm lucky i'll have my munny done by thursday, so i can submit it to this art show

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-21 21:39:16

cool, over a thousand views, closing in on a hundred replies, thats fun

sorry guys, i'm horrible at updating this thing, here's a piece i painted while waiting for paint to dry on another canvas i'm working on,

and just an update, i finished the munny, it's being submitted to this show now, along with 6 other new pieces of mine, so when i get them back i'll post up pictures of them

plus i'm geeked for this weekend, might be helping my friend Jamie spray a mural for a local museum, Jamie was a big graffiti artist who tagged SERG, he practically made graffiti big in pittsburgh, so i'm a little excited

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-22 23:13:14

You've got some really gnarly stuff on here. I really like it. Those sketches of your hands are where its at if you wanna learn shading quick. Just fill up a couple notebooks with drawings like that of your hand in as many poses as you can think of.
Cant wait to see more stuff, you've got cool paintings.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-24 20:40:11

thanks for the compliments, and i like to think i'm getting a little better at shading and such, just a smidge though

here's a watercolor i did for this "What does Jazz look like?" contest, i don't really listen to jazz at all, but i figured do something music themed and i have a chance, top 3 people get an iPod nano, and since my mp3 player broke 3 months ago, i've been without music :(

so i'm banking on this :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-24 20:44:06

eh, here's a self portrait i did today.

it sticks to my theme of self portraits that vaguely resemble what i actually look like.

not sure if i like it or not, what do you guys think?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-24 23:39:55

At 4/24/08 08:44 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: eh, here's a self portrait i did today.

it sticks to my theme of self portraits that vaguely resemble what i actually look like.

not sure if i like it or not, what do you guys think?

I read the text before I saw the picture and frankly, the thought of a self portrait in your style scared me a bit, this was very nice though. Although I don't like the hair very nice it's got nice facial features. I like the eyes the most, very good.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-25 22:13:39

haha thanks, i've done one other self-portrait, that anyone who saw my self-portrait thread would've seen, i think this one is alot better, although it looks a little less like me.

and i agree with you about the hair, i am a little iffy about it, but kinda represents how my hair is right now (washed out blue/green, that sticks out everywhere) and i'm not to good at drawing hair, something i need to work on :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-26 23:48:33

Wow. finally a art thread of show your stuff that worth it. Pretty cool stuff.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-28 18:56:28

finally a art thread of show your stuff that worth it

I feel like theres a compliment somewhere mixed in with your horrible grammar

just finished coloring this mini comic book i'm doing, drew it out and dolled it up in illustrator, i'll post pics when i e-mail the files to myself

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-28 18:58:08

Nic Picture he looks like he is stoned though O:

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-28 20:31:00

Nope, promise i wasn't stoned when i did that, I don't do drugs, i just have a really wierd imagination

by the by, been brushing up on the ol graff-eettee, think i found something that i like, been trying to come up with a decent hand-style and lettering.

tell me what you think

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-04-28 20:32:39

oh, and it says Mediocer

lets me live up to the name

here's some lettering i was working on to, once again let me know what you think, i know i can use improvement

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-01 19:15:49

Heres one of the canvases i had painted.

well i didn't paint the background, the painting was this really ugly non-objective painting that was donated to the organization that i take classes and intern at.

so i grabbed it and painted on it to make it better :)

you can't tell to well from the picture, but the guy looks really drippy, after painting on the blue i just got water and ran it over it so the color would run, it looks cool, to bad it doesn't really show

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-06 21:28:33

haven't posted in awhile, inable to get pictures of anything new i've done thats cool.

but here's another self-portrait that doesn't really look like me, doing portraiture in art class, so instead of doing what i'm supposed to i sketch me

absorb the pleasure through your eye-holes

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-24 22:26:06

haven't posted anything in awhile, been busy getting art done, but good news is i got a bunch of stuff to share with you guys :)

lets start with a stencil i was working on until someone threw my layers away

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-24 22:29:35

and heres a t-shirt i recently made, its a character from a short comic i made a little bit ago, i'll post the comic once i change the type of file it's saved as

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-24 22:33:31

and heres a portrait i did of this kid in my class at work, it's a mix of charcoal and acrylic, turned out pretty cool i think

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-24 22:36:13

as much as it pains me to say this is the last of the pics for now, i'll have more soon thourgh!!

i leave your with a screen print i did, printed about 6 of them, heres two

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-31 04:27:30

Those portraits are really cool. And so is the jazz thing. And you said on Mindchamber's thread you finished with that munny.

Nao plz

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-05-31 04:29:07

Those portraits are really cool. And so is the jazz thing. And you said on Mindchamber's thread you finished with that munny.

Nao plz

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-06-01 20:39:35

haha, sorry, my munny is at work and i keep forgetting to bring it home, i will though i promise and i'll get pictures posted up

and i'm actually working on another munny right now, much simpler than the last one, iot's one of the bigger ones, all i can say about it is: orange nail polish

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-06-10 10:33:09

yeah, thats something i'm starting to work on, currently i'm trying out actually blending colors and using value in painting instead of just using that blocky shading.

i have my munny with me, just my camera needs batteries, but when i get some i'll post it up right away

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-11-02 16:03:03

jesus this thread sure got dusty

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-11-02 16:08:24

lets spruce the place up

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-11-02 16:12:58

and well top it off with some stencil work with a dash of mobiles

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-11-02 23:24:19

You've got some really great stuff on here, particularly your paintings. I really wish that I could do things in the style that you've got; it's kind of a combination between graffiti art and underground comix styles.

This one has got to be my favorite, although, it's pretty hard to choose:

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/14/15542000/ng bbs47bcd000a313d.jpg

Also, I hate to shamelessly promote projects I'm involved in, but, you're pretty good with the grotesque, so, you think you might consider contributing something to the Metropolis Disaster Art Collab? We could really use something to offset all of the slick computer assisted art that's made it in so far.

Anyway, please keep posting stuff as you get it done, because if you hadn't posted in my thread I don't think I ever would have caught you art thread, and it's really got some of the better stuff on the forum at the moment, I think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-11-03 16:40:41

thanks johnny, it's funny that that's your favorite one, it's one of my least favorites haha

and i have seen that thread, thought about posting something up in it, just haven't thought of an idea yet, does it have to be in full color?

oh and bee tee dubs MUNNY ATTACK!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-11-03 17:08:09

At 11/3/08 04:40 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: thanks johnny, it's funny that that's your favorite one, it's one of my least favorites haha

and i have seen that thread, thought about posting something up in it, just haven't thought of an idea yet, does it have to be in full color?

oh and bee tee dubs MUNNY ATTACK!

First of all, really cool Munny deco; I like that you ripped its arms off and put crayons in there.

Regarding the collab, at minimum, you need a monster and one building being destroyed, and those have to be colored. You can probably get away without having to do a full background. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not, so, you might want to check with McJesus since it is his project.

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-11-04 10:34:16

thanks, maybe i'll whip something up for it sometime soon, working on other projects right now but i think i can do a little something :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature