New Topic Respond to this Topic
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2008 @ 10:34 AM Reply

thanks, maybe i'll whip something up for it sometime soon, working on other projects right now but i think i can do a little something :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
RedSkelton
RedSkelton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2008 @ 04:20 PM Reply

pretty tight man, i like 'em. maybe clean some of um up a lil but damn alot of them are ace, mad props for traditional art!

Slippery-Nipple
Slippery-Nipple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2008 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 11/2/08 04:03 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: jesus this thread sure got dusty

Pure genius.

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2008 @ 06:05 PM Reply

thanks red skeleton, and i deliberately paint pretty loose and sloppy, it's fun that way and i like not having complete control over what i paint, makes it more fun that way

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
johnnycancer
johnnycancer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 11/4/08 06:05 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: thanks red skeleton, and i deliberately paint pretty loose and sloppy, it's fun that way and i like not having complete control over what i paint, makes it more fun that way

You do make me want to viciously attack a canvas...it's been a while since I've painted something.

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2008 @ 06:14 PM Reply

yeah, i just started on this big ass canvas in art class, it's like 4 feet tall and 5 feet wide, it's so great, almost done with the background so i can start painting the fun stuff and paint the character

you should definately attack a canvas johnny, it's alot of fun, do it and post it up on your thread

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
zbo-trent
zbo-trent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2008 @ 09:58 PM Reply

i wonder if u finished the scllpture

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 7th, 2008 @ 10:16 PM Reply

which sculpture? The pink one with the big hands? Yeah i did finish that a long time ago, just never posted up a picture, if i can find my camera and i'm not lazy i'll post up a picture tonight

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 17th, 2008 @ 10:41 PM Reply

I have some sad sad news, i did go to take a picture of the pink sculpture, but it has fallen and one of his hands has broken off, i probably won't fix him, but i will take pictures of him eventually

in the meantime i just discovered i can email pictures from my phone to myself, so i'll be uploading art that i had pictures of on my phone for a bit, so excuse the quality

heres my latest stencil, it's a two colored stencil, heres a pic of the line work before i sprayed it

The Good Captains Art Thread

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 17th, 2008 @ 10:47 PM Reply

and here's a horrible picture of the painting i'm currently working on, right now i have all the painting and line work done, and there will be stenciled mechanical geometric shapes where the missing piece of his arm is, and coming out from underneath his shirt

looks much better in real life, that's a little face spewing blue stuff on his hand

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 17th, 2008 @ 10:49 PM Reply

i still dabble in graffiti, still don't think i'm any good but getting better, have some other pieces drawn out in my new book, i'll take pictures eventually

let me know what you think, i'm always up for pointers

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 17th, 2008 @ 10:53 PM Reply

last one for tonight, i'll post up some more tommorow, it's an incredibly shitty pis\cture of my halloween pumpkin that i carved for my grandma

she was speechless

alright time for some well rested rest, just saw Quantum of solace and i feel out of breath after watching so many chase scenes,

stay sexy newgrounds

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 09:33 PM Reply

all day and nothing? what gives, show me some love!

Here's another shitty camera phone picture, painting on wood i did a couple months ago, was supposed to be poking fun at this painting, can't remember if it was da vinci or michealengelo, think the paintings called Godsend, (i could be 100% off base about that don't quote me) but it's the one where gods hand is reaching out to adams hand to pass knowledge, i thought it would be funny if a epic game of rock paper scissors commenced

and on a side note i've recently come to the conclusion that the Fall of Troy is one of the greatest hardcore bands ever.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 09:34 PM Reply

here's a close up on the one hand because i'm quite proud of this, considering at the time that was the first time i had painted in almost 4 months, so i thought it turned out rather well

and why the fuck is the picture of that stencil so crisp and clear compared to everything else i took on my phone, it's crazy

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 10:24 PM Reply

completely forgot about this, last post for the night

self portrait i did on cardboard, just cut off the top layer and painted the ridges inside, turned out pretty sweet, i'm happy with it

his hands are saying "Left" and "Right" if you can't tell

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
raveninskyprime
raveninskyprime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 03:34 AM Reply

This is some awesome artwork you have going on in here. Keep it up!

Who are you?
My art thread.

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 07:58 PM Reply

right back at you!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 22nd, 2008 @ 01:48 PM Reply

heres a stencil in progress for you guys, it's mostly finished, just feel like i need to do more with it, just haven't quite figured that out yet

and since my brother has yet to find the cord to our camera, i'm reduced to shitty camera phone pictures for awhile until i get money for a new cord, but lack of cord is not enough to stop me! I will still post art, the picture quality just might be horrid :)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Strongfox
Strongfox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 22nd, 2008 @ 03:24 PM Reply

Damn you got some skills :O
All your art looks so cool and has it's own style
I don't understand while you call some of your art bad, iI have almost no drawing skils whatsoever.

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 01:53 PM Reply

thanks, but i think it's natural for an artist to be unnaturally hard on themselves, i dunno why, stuff i used to think was good i really dislike now. Glad you like my stuff though :)

and anyone can draw, it just takes practice

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Chymo
Chymo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 06:00 PM Reply

Wow, crazy graf style man. Nice work. I love the stencils. Nice style. Keep it up, May I suggest, use acetate for your stencils, it'll last longer than paper or card, is more flexible/durable and is easier to cut out. It's not expensive either.

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 07:51 PM Reply

oh my god that's such a great idea!! God damn i could kiss you if technology was a wee bit more advanced. I do alot of screen printing so i work with acetate all the time i can't believe i've never thought of that, i feel really dumb.

my only concern is how durable would it be, the ideal cardboard i use is this grey flat stuff that's about as thin as paper but is incredibly durable, would acetate hold up to wear and tear that well? Feel like once you make a cut if pressures put on it, the cut will keep expanding

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Chymo
Chymo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 11/23/08 07:51 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: oh my god that's such a great idea!! God damn i could kiss you if technology was a wee bit more advanced. I do alot of screen printing so i work with acetate all the time i can't believe i've never thought of that, i feel really dumb.

my only concern is how durable would it be, the ideal cardboard i use is this grey flat stuff that's about as thin as paper but is incredibly durable, would acetate hold up to wear and tear that well? Feel like once you make a cut if pressures put on it, the cut will keep expanding

No that's a very good point. It's not as thin as your thinking it is, it bends and flexes around the stencil. Grab a piece of acetate and try and rip it in half, then judge for yourself. If your not happy, then you can stick to your current method. Also a good thing about it is that, if need be, you can wash the spray paint off the stencil. It takes a while and a bit of elbow greese. but it is possible. I use acetate for all my stencils now and I haven't had one problem yet.

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 08:53 PM Reply

no i know what acetate is i use it all the time just not for stencils, i know it's durable, i just get into some pretty intricate detail sometimes, and you know how if you get something plastic and make a little cut in it, than pull on the two sides of the cut, it just rips it bigger. I dunno that's my only concern

Don't get me wrong i'm not shitting on your idea, i've seen your stencils their pretty tight, and i'm more than excited to give it a try. My first love is painting but my passion is in stencils

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Chymo
Chymo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 25th, 2008 @ 07:31 AM Reply

At 11/24/08 08:53 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: no i know what acetate is i use it all the time just not for stencils, i know it's durable, i just get into some pretty intricate detail sometimes, and you know how if you get something plastic and make a little cut in it, than pull on the two sides of the cut, it just rips it bigger. I dunno that's my only concern

Don't get me wrong i'm not shitting on your idea, i've seen your stencils their pretty tight, and i'm more than excited to give it a try. My first love is painting but my passion is in stencils

That's good to hear. I didn't think you were shitting on my idea and I know where your coming from. I've seen your above stencils so I know how detailed they can get. As long as you cut them right and don't put too much strain on the stencils, it should be cool.

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 25th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM Reply

cool if i have time i'll give it a whirl tommorow, just sprayed two prints of this big 4 color stencil, it's the muscle structure of the human face

it turned out pretty sick, i'll see if i can borrow a camera from work and take a good picure to share with you guys, i'm quite proud of it

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Chymo
Chymo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 26th, 2008 @ 05:39 AM Reply

Sounds cool, and ambitious. I gotta go get ready for college now. I'll be back on later today (although I'm seeing The Mighty Boosh tonight).

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 26th, 2008 @ 11:08 PM Reply

The Mighty Boosh!! I'm so jealous i love those guys

here's the first print i did of the muscle stencil, there's four total, i also post a picture of how the one stencil of the guy with the big nose turned out

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Good Captains Art Thread Nov. 26th, 2008 @ 11:10 PM Reply

number 2