00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Good Captains Art Thread

74,389 Views | 618 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-10 22:45:07

oh yeah RAWR

i love my baghead, i made one for everyone i work with (with their face on it not mine), i want to get an awesome group picture of us

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-11 21:46:20

damn no prints sold today, bit of a downer

but i still got mad cash from work, i haven't gotten paid yet for the 2.5 months i've worked because i haven't filled out all the proper paperwork. but i crushed it today and now i have a check for $300! woohoo! I'm buying an HD tv as a christmas present for myself.

also i have plenty of prints sitting around if anyone wants to buy one i'm sure we can work something out

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-11 21:49:47

At 12/10/08 10:45 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: oh yeah RAWR

i love my baghead, i made one for everyone i work with (with their face on it not mine), i want to get an awesome group picture of us

I absolutely love this bag head idea. The only minor problem for me is that the head is too small and there's plenty of space on the bag to enlargen the stencil.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-11 22:03:13

I must say that I;ve been going through this thread. I'm in awe of your art. You so some truely amazing work keep it up

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-11 22:20:23

I know the head is so small on the bag! I wasn't happy about it i'm thinking of re-printing it. Out of all the ones i made mine turned out the smallest, i wasn't to happy. Our printers in the design studio are a little wonky so it was hard to figure out sizes. Glad you like them though i'll be posting a picture up after winter break of all of us wearing our bagheads.

and thanks orlyman, i don't think i've ever put someone in awe before

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-12 02:35:50

Man, you should try painting a mural or something, this style really fits that stuff you see painted on some walls.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-12 16:08:21

I have painted a mural before ( i'm pretty sure it's posted in this thread...)

but yeah, murals are a blast to do, i'm gonna send my portfolio to this local organization who does tons of murals around pittsburgh, i want to do a giant stencil somewhere

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-12 16:12:35

Holey crap i just realized i never posted up pictures from my mural!!

i don't have great pictures of it, this was painted about a year ago in an office building for a big news years eve event in pittsburgh called First Night. It was alot of fun i did it with a few friends of mine

the big face and the blue guy was my contribution, there's a lightbulb coming out of his head and vomiting on the floor, i'll post a picture in a moment

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-12 16:15:08

Here's the lightbulb, the face is about 11 feet tall.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-12 16:19:26

And i helped my friend paint this, i painted out the character and did the face, and he did all the airbrushing, he's a beast with an airbrush, he was supposed to teach me but he moved...

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-12 19:37:26

Oh Flea you can visit my mental passage anytime you'd like

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-13 07:27:58

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while. The stencils are awesome (as always) and that bag head thing is a cool idea, it also worked out well. The mural, wow. That's truly amazing. I love the guy that's puking. Excellent work man.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-13 21:56:21

glad i could inspire you flea!

and thanks for the comment chymo, i was pretty pleased with the vomiting lightbulb, only he was a bitch to clean up after. we had to paint over the mural and sand down any drips that were sticking off the wall, and the glue and staples and such used to keep up lightbulb were hard to get off and i ended up needing to spackle a bit, it wasn't fun

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-14 17:36:08

Figure i might as well post it up here to, so people interested in my art will actually get to see it.

It's a logo i made for this kid on another thread, he's in a black metal band called Father Thy Saviour

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-17 16:09:58

I'm quite bashful about my expirements into digital art. I made this for hte MS paint thread, but i'm posting it here also in hopes of some critiques or techniques i might be able to try.

So yeah this was done in paint but i also have photoshop so any tips or techniques for photoshop i'll be able to utilize for anything i might possibly do in the future

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-17 16:46:55

At 12/10/08 10:45 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: oh yeah RAWR

I meant to comment that this is one of the most awesome art things I've seen in a while. I hope you can get that group picture.

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-17 16:50:51

yeah i am going to, guilds on break right now until after the holidays and such, but when i get back there i'm gonna round everyone up for a group picture

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-17 21:00:22

At 12/17/08 04:09 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I'm quite bashful about my expirements into digital art. I made this for hte MS paint thread, but i'm posting it here also in hopes of some critiques or techniques i might be able to try.

holy crap nuggets MSpaint?
super-swell my good sir

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-17 23:14:55

yeah just paint, photoshop still seems a little to daunting for me to jump into yet, i'll get around to it one day.

glad you like it :)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-19 21:33:04

just a little update on my life, in case anyones wondering what i've been up to. I'm gearing up for christmas and doing mad x-mas shopping, i'm buying myself a nice HD TV so my videogames look gorgeous. I'm currently working on writing a story for the story book collab, which mynamewontfitin is going to help me illustrate. I'm pretty geeked about seeing people voting for me in the Newgrounds awards, since this is only the second one i've been around for, and the first time anyones voted for me, although i don't really think i'm all to provocative, i'm just glad that people like my art :)

Yesterday i had to get this incredibly painful surgery on both my big toes done (for like the 7th time) so i'm recuperating from that, this is supposed to be the last time i need to get it done. It was probably the most painful and unpleasant experience of my entire life, and my toes look kind of gnarly right now, expect a pretty wicked drawing of them in the near future.

so sorry no art for now! Just wanted to post an update letting you all know what's going on with me, and to thank everyone who's showing me some love in the voting :) you guys are awesome

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-22 12:35:24

RAWR! Bumbing for the sake of bumbing!!

here's an octupus i drew for the Octopus lol collab, i thought it was a funny idea for a collab but renaenae blew it out of the water because the kid didn't get permission to start it.

but here was my little contribution

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-24 23:11:49

well i just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays! I'm going up to Ohio tommorow morning to visit family and i won't get back until monday, so chances are i won't be ab;e to get near a decent computer until then.

Don't have any art at the moment but i'm working on a fairly sizeable stencil and it looks awesome can't wait to start cutting it. I'll post up pictures when i get back.

Try not to miss me to much guys, hope all of you get some great swag for your holiday of choice.

Take it easy

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-12-31 00:40:23

Hey guys!! Back from Ohio, christmas was alot of fun, loaded up on some great swag. My dad got me a new laptop and a new hardrive for my ps3. And I now have a ridiculous amount of new clothes...

So kicking things off with the next big stencil i'm working on, got it all drawn out, time to start cutting.

sorry for the shitty picture i drew it in pencil and don't see much point in inking it since i'm just cutting it out

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2009-01-02 14:38:43

ABE LINCOLN!!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2009-01-02 15:54:27

At 1/2/09 02:38 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: ABE LINCOLN!!

ha ha
thats pretty awesome

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2009-01-02 16:31:25

As usual Cap'm, beautiful stuff. Like the Abe in particular. Mmmmmm, yumm, yum. Don't mind me, I'm just eating up your artwork.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2009-01-02 18:10:52

thanks guys you're awesome :)

It's for an art project for school, his face is going to be silk screened onto a punching bag. Then someone is going to doodle all over it.

It's based off of a piece Andy Warhol did with Basquiat (sorry art nuts if i misspelled his name)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2009-01-02 19:43:50

Cool and no, you spelled it right.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2009-01-03 22:47:37

WIP IT! WIP IT GOoD!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2009-01-04 13:51:03

At 1/3/09 10:47 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: WIP IT! WIP IT GOoD!

that looks delicious!