00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,431 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-04-18 19:40:37

At 4/18/08 07:33 PM, Frazmaster wrote: bump *shifty eyes*

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 38110

bump *shifty eyes*

This isn't the audio advertisements thread. If you make a nomination for yourself, please read up on the proper way to do it, or if you just want to bump the thread try and make a nomination for someone else.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-04-19 02:09:04

i already have, ull prob find it somewhere. I got a new song that i think is better than my others so i want nominate myself again (i know, i know). yer.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-04-19 22:38:58

I'm going to nominate DoctorAttitude for his awesome drum sequencing/ IDM stuff. For one, Far Fetched Dream is a cool one to listen to. It has a really nice ambient intro with awesomely placed drums. The middle of it gets a little chaotic tho, but it gets sorta cool with the sudden amen break stuff. That Trickling Feeling also has some cool drumming stuff.

I'm not very good at this... but trust me, it's all worth a listen, his drum sequencing is amazing.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-04-19 23:32:55

i second that. That Trickling Feeling is a great track

Response to The Underdog List 2008-04-20 06:06:12

At 4/17/08 05:38 AM, ObviousTroll wrote: I nominate NueralFusion. Even though he's already signed to a label, he submits stuff here and it is wayyyy underated compared to other shit on this portal.

And sure enough he's the post before me.

I second NeuralFusion...

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-05-10 01:37:29

I fell like bumping this thread with Erectronik, for... all of his stuff? I guess so, because he's got a bit of variety that's pretty awesome to listen to, like Lasers and Scimitars (a symphonic/ electronic-ish metal thing), Holy Pirate Crusaders (more of the previous), and I will usually hear myself listening to The Bangtastic House once in a while, because it is some pretty good House stuff (and it's one of the first songs I heard, and one of the first AP artists I liked as a whole when I came to NG).

We need some more nominations people, I know they're out there!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-11 21:18:18

I'll nominate myself.
http://kgz.newgrounds.com/

A bit about me, I have been composing actively for about 2 years, and playing piano for about 10 years. Many of my music is on a flash videogame called Flashflashrevolution, a simulator of Dance Dance Revolution. The site has over 1,500,000 members, so I get alot of attention. My music will also be in an upcoming dance game this October called Positive Gaming iDance, which is the same company who published In the Groove.

My genres are limitless, as I always love to try different things. I proimently focus on upbeat, non-repetitive, melodic music that's memorable. Many of my songs are jazz-influenced as well, and usually have a Piano instrument playing dominantly.

I have only joined the site a couple of months ago, and I decided to become alot more active. Check me out!

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-11 23:17:01

I'll nominate flashmac to the list in the hip hop section. His beats have some great melodies.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-12 06:02:27

I would like to nominate myself. Here's some information on me:

My audio style varies. I make a wide range of electronic music but mostly range around the House and Dance genres. I have been varying my music styles since I started submitting in 2006. In 2007 I signed up onto Last FM, which hasn't done me much good either as the top listener is myslef which is pretty sad I'll admit that.

I don't get noticed often enough though. I had a maximum of 12 review on one song over the 2 years it's been online. However, the mode number of reviews is 0.

Even my signature hasn't helped much. Only clinching 3 reviews.
Well, I hope this helps me somehow...

What? I can haz signiture?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-12 19:10:40

kk i have to nominate myself... ive been creating theses awsome psy trance tracks.....so i nominate myself for the trance section!!! just click my name...then the latest 7-8 tracks are all psy trance songs...check em out

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-12 20:39:24

ILL NOMINATE Zellers and myself since we both have good music that just doesnt seem to get good reviews

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-13 20:58:06

gotta nominate myself... got like, 15 songs and all of em under 3 reviews :( but somewhat good amount of listens...for some. -_-

-Sig-

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-13 22:10:00

I nominate Developer

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-13 23:23:12

Are we allowed to say ourselves?

If not I say King Bastard is WAY underrated.

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-14 02:22:04

At 3/24/08 10:24 AM, Chronamut wrote: chimmy chimmy coconuts still needs to improve a bit mroe imo - but he's getting there ^^

Atleast he makes his melodies from scratch.

At 6/13/08 11:23 PM, Sialys wrote: If not I say King Bastard is WAY underrated.

Nope, he has a record deal and has been on the front multiple times. But if you mean underrated compared to the people who are considered gods on this site, then I agree.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-14 16:40:37

~The Worm Nominates Itself~

~Torsion Boneworm Is Actually Two Folks~We Have Been Making Music Under This Name For About 3 Years Now. We Use Real Instrumentation Like Bass, Guitar, Piano, And We Mix It With Fl Studio & Magix. All Drumming & Instrumentation Is Original And None Is From "Samples"~The Worm Is Fairly New To Posting Here, Even Though Signing Up A Bit Ago, Work & Life Get In The Way~Cheers~

The Underdog List

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-15 01:46:31

I second Sialys and technodude79 really good artists ;D

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-15 11:57:35

I nominate ZooSafari, he gots really nice tunes, check him out, he's above me ^^

So fucking happy...so fucking mad!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-16 18:30:11

At 6/15/08 11:57 AM, PsyWoofers wrote: I nominate ZooSafari, he gots really nice tunes, check him out, he's above me ^^

WOOTS! PsyWoofers nomated me! ;D
Thanks a lot dudes!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-16 19:32:54

Add a vote to Technodude79.

yea

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-16 21:27:42

At 6/16/08 08:11 PM, Chronamut wrote: and whats with everyone nominating themselves?? This isnt a self-whoring thread! Rucklo, I honestly don't believe people should be allowed to nominate themselves, for gods sakes people go find someone that you think is good other than your own selfish selves and nominate them instead.

I agree. Stop ruining this thread, you assholes. Your music probably doesn't have a lot of reviews for a good reason ;) (I mean that in a fun way)

oh, and sorry Chronamut. I'm just naturally an asshole. despite what it make look like, I'm REALLY not here to piss people on purpose (which it looks like I have been doing). I'm hear to listen to music and discuss it. I hope we can come to good terms.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-16 21:29:29

wow, lots of typos. I'm so used to posting on another forum where there is an edit button, but I guess I'll need to change my habits when I post here.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-17 01:48:15

AloysiusRexford is great. Pretty much all of his songs here are top quality, and profound. I suggest checking him out. Really.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-17 02:18:40

At 6/17/08 01:48 AM, Nav wrote: AloysiusRexford is great. Pretty much all of his songs here are top quality, and profound. I suggest checking him out. Really.

I second that! He is great. Good choice Nav.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-17 10:25:11

At 6/17/08 02:18 AM, Lance wrote: I second that! He is great. Good choice Nav.

Haha, I saw him linked to on your page. You can have the credit for this one, I just wasn't sure whether or not you were going to post him here.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-17 14:06:34

I nominate me!!

..i jk :D

Okay, I have a few artists. cycerin, hania, MilkManDan ..

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-17 15:48:25

At 6/17/08 02:06 PM, alternativesolution wrote: I nominate me!!

oh and you missed paragonx9 aswell.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-18 02:05:55

At 6/17/08 08:27 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 6/17/08 03:48 PM, xKore wrote:
At 6/17/08 02:06 PM, alternativesolution wrote: I nominate me!!
oh and you missed paragonx9 aswell.
oh and you forgot me of course too - cant have an underdog list without THE most underdog person

haha sarcasm is great :P
oh and great find nav - I am not a fan of jazz or dnb but I did find his ambiant songs to be an interesting listen.

i'll vouch for aloysius, his stuff is ridiculously awesome. ALOT of time goes into his music and it most definately shows.

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-18 02:06:59

At 6/18/08 02:05 AM, nubbinownz wrote:
i'll vouch for aloysius, his stuff is ridiculously awesome. ALOT of time goes into his music and it most definately shows.

You guys should collab. That would be really interesting.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 01:27:30

I nominate myself.

I am a 22 year old from Levittown, New York (which is on long island, in nassau county for you guys that live in NY). I started making music in the beginning of 2008, and thats part of the reason why 2008 is next to my name. I've had to make 4 different accounts until Newgrounds finally decided to review my first submission. One of them actually got banned because it was a remix... even though i credited the original artist and the original artist ALLOWED me to use his samples to make a remix since he was the one that gave them out to everyone on his site to begin with.

Anywho, I use an old-skool program called MTV Music Generator... which most people haven't even heard of. I've been using the Music generator ever since I got it for the PS1 many years ago, but found out last yeart that they had a PC version for it, and since I didnt like the other programs (Sony Acid, for example), I got the Generator on my compy, and have been making originals and remixes ever since.

CLick This Link to check out my profile. My first album is complete and available for download. And before you ask, I am a DDR/ITG/StepMania fan 4 life. I make my own SM Files, which I have also advertised on my profile (R21+ ready also). I'm what you call a fan of the old skool, but i try to incorperate new skool stuff as well, mixing and blending different styles and sounds to try to create something fresh. I'm especially proud of my remixes, mostly the BMIIDX and NES ones.

Thats about it, anything else you wanna know about me, just PM me. (^^)v

BBS Signature