00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,399 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-24 19:27:01

At 5/24/10 06:53 PM, VaudevilleFreud wrote:

I would just like to second this, I remember stumbling across this guy in the Audio Portal a while ago, and he really does some interesting stuff with his music, its as if Red Hot Chili Peppers had a threesome with Modest Mouse, and Foxy Shazam.
Check out this track by Vaudevillefreud
its the one that I feel shows his vocal work.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-24 19:29:02

Also, if you're self-nominating, no links to your own tracks newgeneral.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-24 23:58:20

Why do you pricks nominate yourself?
Fuck it pisses me off.
Theres an audio advertisement thread for that shit.

The next person that self nominates will get LAZER BEAMED IN THE FACE BY THIS CAT!

The Underdog List

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 00:18:25

At 5/24/10 11:58 PM, thecokebitch wrote: Why do you pricks nominate yourself?
Fuck it pisses me off.
Theres an audio advertisement thread for that shit.

The next person that self nominates will get LAZER BEAMED IN THE FACE BY THIS CAT!

People are allowed to nominate themselves. It says so in the original post. So either get over it, or just be quiet about it. Because it's perfectly within the standards of this thread for people to nominate themselves.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 01:01:42

Still kinda gay. : /

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 08:32:38

At 5/25/10 05:33 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
I thought that was what you were supposed to do, and if you're an underdog you really would HAVE to, wouldn't you? Maybe I'm missing the point here.

The idea is to nominate someone other than yourself that you feel is under appreciated. But self nominations are allowed.

Damn, people can be real assholes on this newgrounds shit. Don't worry about what someone else is doing, worry about yourself

Welcome to Newgrounds. Also, let it drop. There is no need to discuss this issue further. Doing so takes away from what this thread was originally about.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 08:44:16

Just to get this thread back on the right track, I would like to nominate jrayteam6:

All of his songs are FL Slayer metal. BUT!!!! They are EXTREMELY well written. If he had Electri6ity or Prominy at his disposal, or god forbid a real guitarist, I dare say his songs would rival most metal bands you hear on the radio. His songs all have a decent amount of listens and votes, but not reviews. Thus it leads me to believe the same couple of people just stop by to listen and 5 his music. Some of my favorite songs of his include:

Slayer metal ftw. And I never dreamed I would ever say that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 11:28:13

Well, I'm pissed off too by self nominations. And some self nominate not just once... that's a shame.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 13:54:43

I nominate acmedyne
listen:
Paseo de la burra

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 14:22:13

At 5/25/10 11:28 AM, sorohanro wrote: Well, I'm pissed off too by self nominations. And some self nominate not just once... that's a shame.

I nominated myself once, admittedly, but I made sure that I nominated like another 3 or 4 other artists before nominating myself. If everyone decided to nominate themselves then this thread may as well merge with the Audio Advertisements thread.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 14:32:42

At 5/25/10 01:54 PM, Tokolos wrote: I nominate acmedyne
listen:
Paseo de la burra

This is win. Really enjoyed this odd yet fun tune.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 15:31:37

At 5/25/10 01:54 PM, Tokolos wrote: I nominate acmedyne
listen:
Paseo de la burra

Thanks for the link, faved one more track today.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 19:29:00

At 5/24/10 09:37 AM, sorohanro wrote: @newgeneral
You do realize that is quite annoying to self nominate every second post.
Ok, we got it, you are your own favorite artist.

What? I nominate myself it's allowed and says so in the OP and because I can. Get over it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 19:44:37

At 5/25/10 07:29 PM, newgeneral wrote:
What? I nominate myself it's allowed and says so in the OP and because I can. Get over it.

You are not supposed to nominate yourself multiple times. Not only that but it's also really lame to do so multiple times.

Also realize that being a douche like this right here will have the opposite effect you want. I suggest keeping your mouth shut and not starting a fight with popular artists who are respected here on Newgrounds. Sorohanro would be one of those. Because if you do people here will think less of you and will ignore your attempts at self promotion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-25 22:37:16

LaForge, I agree 100%.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-26 06:44:53

I would like to nominate EvilHatX:

He mainly focus in the orchestral/soundtrack form of composition. I personally think he deserves more recognition than he gets on Newgrounds. I'm impressed with his works anyways, and I think a lot of people here would enjoy his music if given the chance to listen to it. Some songs of his submissions that I enjoy:

Enjoy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-26 16:54:01

I would also like to throw up another track of vaudevillefreud's this one showcases the range of his style

Its very grungy, loud and almost overbearing, but still interesting and lyrically magnificent

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-30 10:05:19

OMG! Audio Portal long time no see (like any of you know me. >.>)

I'm not sure if I did this before but I would like to nominate Smurfbeatz! I remember way back when I first started using the NG audio portal and I came across one of this guy's songs and I was blown away. He is into a lot of genres so there is bound to be something on his palate that you will enjoy. (I mean, he remixed the Laguna battle theme music from FFVIII and killed it!)

But here are a couple songs from him that got me hooked. :D

Give It Up

Tainted

MuZiCk.::.iS.::.E>

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-30 10:42:52

At 5/24/10 11:58 PM, thecokebitch wrote: The next person that self nominates will get LAZER BEAMED IN THE FACE BY THIS CAT!

how old are you?

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-30 20:52:56

At 5/30/10 10:42 AM, KgZ wrote:
At 5/24/10 11:58 PM, thecokebitch wrote: The next person that self nominates will get LAZER BEAMED IN THE FACE BY THIS CAT!
how old are you?

I think he's not as old as his profile says...

at least I hope not...

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-05-31 07:44:37

At 5/30/10 08:52 PM, SonzaiSezu wrote:
At 5/30/10 10:42 AM, KgZ wrote:
how old are you?
I think he's not as old as his profile says...

at least I hope not...

I'm actually older than what my profile says, children. Now listen to what i say, before THIS PURPLE DOG EATS YOU WITH ITS TWO HEADS

i nominate:
Profanity
and
reignee
to stay on topic.

The Underdog List

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-10 17:47:08

I nominate JohnWE.

He records himself playing piano live, and his main genre of choice is a form of contemporary jazz. I've really come to enjoy this guy's music because truthfully, it reminds me a lot of when I had a piano and was able to play everyday. His playing skills are not extraordinary, but he is quite talented all the same.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would get a lot of joy from hearing his music. Some of my favorite submissions of his would include:

Enjoy!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-11 00:04:28

not sure if i consider myself an "underdog" might as well see if you think so tho lol.

im ganon95, i have been making music since 2008, i taught myself how to use Fruity loops 7 and i currently use FL9. i mainly make techno but i have dabbled into drum and bass a few times. alot of people seem to like the music i make, and i have over 60 songs. to this day i still make music and i try to maintain a high quality standard

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-11 03:00:30

I'd like to nominate AphoticAthanasy, firstly.

Many might know him more recently from entering the recent Robot Day. I did what any onlooker-of-potential-competition did and listened to Fire's Depths, his first entry to the competition and to NGAP (go figure.) Wow was I blown away. To any other person, this would have sounded like jibberish trash vomit, but because of my tainted musical tastes, I found rhythm in the rhythmless and literally jammed to this.

OTHER WORKS BY THIS ARTIST:

: But wait! There's more!!

He's a kid that goes by Pixelsaur. He caught my ear back in early 2009 with 8-Bit Buffalo, then Frog (which is kinda backwards, seeing as Frog was hugely popular and led a few people to him in the first place). He one me over with his happy-go-lucky, bouncy 8-bit pieces. More recently, he's taken a liking to house music; French house ain't my thing, but eh, a lot of other people like it.

OTHER WORKS BY THIS ARTIST:

That's all for now.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-11 04:28:13

In respect to a proposition made by a poster before to post other nominees before self-nominating, I decided to self-nominate.

Dickish? yes, but I feel better doing this now that I've nominated other deserving underdogs.

I've been making music for 5 years in FL Studio 5 thru 9, Fruity Loops edition. My style has ranged from generic FL techno to maybe-good DnB, to gabber then to IDM, to jungle/DnB then to breakcore. Over these years, I've amassed over 400 songs in the Audio Portal to date; making me one of the most prolific artist on here.

I'm what you call a 'dirty little secret', for a lot of big name people love my music, but wish not to speak of me in mixed company.

My current style is loosely-defined as "an amen break's brutal de-limbing and reconstruction caught on microphone, pitch-bent, raped, then beaten mercilessly". I have devoted many man-hours to perfecting this cacophonous symphony of drums in any way, shape or form. Sure, breakcore is an untapped niche of listeners on NG, but there are still that select few who adore my near-noise.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-11 05:12:31

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-11 06:56:03

At 7/11/10 05:12 AM, Tokolos wrote: I nominate : SineRider / go listen...

I like this guy. If he had some better recording stuff and not so much noise in his music he would be great.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-11 17:47:10

At 7/11/10 06:56 AM, ectsoman wrote:
At 7/11/10 05:12 AM, Tokolos wrote: I nominate : SineRider / go listen...
I like this guy. If he had some better recording stuff and not so much noise in his music he would be great.

Huge fan of SR, here. I stumbled upon him like in '07 and never regretted it. Blame him for how I am now :P

Also, ectsoman, I think it needs to be the other way around. There'd be nothing better than hearing SineRider rip open a bag of obscure wavelengths for me.

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-12 02:46:02

I nominates PenguinSam
Cause he has made some rather beautiful songs, and i think he needs to get some more recognition for his great work

Response to The Underdog List 2010-07-12 03:02:40

At 7/12/10 02:46 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: I nominates PenguinSam
Cause he has made some rather beautiful songs, and i think he needs to get some more recognition for his great work

Really good nomination. He has been on my favorite artists list for quite a while now, and we even "remixed" one another's songs once. Was a lot of fun. Nice to see that some more people are hearing his works. :-)

BBS Signature