00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Saturn85 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,596 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 13:08:22

Hmm, I just came across this today...should've done this sooner :S

Well, I nominate myself, Kazmo

I've been signed up to NG since early 2006, and posted a lot of stuff back then. I actually just got back to NG late September of this year, so I've been MIA for 2 years. I just needed a break from this place, but now I'm back, and I've improved my techniques quite a bit.

Yay, some history. I've been playing the piano since the age of 4 and have stopped taking lessons a few years ago. I got up to grade 9 piano, but I can also play some grade 10 pieces from the Royal Conservatory series. I've been in several bands throughout my high school life. I'm in uni right now and am in the Concert Winds at the UoG, playing the Bass Clarinet.

Now some more meaningful history. I've been using FL since late 2005, or perhaps early 2006. FL5 was what I used back then. Then when FL6 came out I really liked the Multi Channel Compressor, really saved the day/projects. With the release of FL7 I was overwhelmed by the quality and new Parametric EQ 2. FL8 is by far the best with the new Maximus compressor/limiter/gate, as well as the Limiter. I use the Maximus for my master compressor, really adds oomph and depth to my songs, heck, I even made my own preset master channel that houses a P EQ 2 and Maximus, tweaked of course.

My latest projects are only a few months old, and were made on my Laptop, unless I said otherwise, then they were on my PC for a while and I decided to upload them. A few saw the light on the front page for a few days, which shocked me.

I honestly could care less about the scores, as long as people leave comments I'll be really happy.

Thanks in advance.

Kazmo

Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 13:09:58

Kazmo Sez:

BLAH

You don't nominate yourself...

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 13:20:16

Self nominations
"Like the old Underdog List, you WILL be allowed to nominate yourself. However, to prevent this from turning into a spamfest, there are some rules to follow:

- No posting links to your songs
This isn't the Audio Advertisement thread. You can post links to your profile only, and the rest of NG will decide what songs of yours to showcase.

- Tell us about yourself
Give us a bit of history! How long have you been doing music? What programs do you use?"

:Isn't that what I just did?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 13:35:01

Someone in these 19 pages, Chronamut posts saying theres no more Self Noms.

I think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 13:37:28

At 10/14/08 01:35 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: Someone in these 19 pages, Chronamut posts saying theres no more Self Noms.

I think.

oh, damn lol, should update the main post b/c some people don't read the whole thread ( like me :P )

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 13:42:45

At 10/14/08 01:37 PM, Kazm0 wrote:
At 10/14/08 01:35 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: Someone in these 19 pages, Chronamut posts saying theres no more Self Noms.

I think.
oh, damn lol, should update the main post b/c some people don't read the whole thread ( like me :P )

Haha xD

I do that too :X

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 14:18:15

bjra, in 20 days your second most recent song got these stats

312 votes
3,990 listens
726 downloads

you are by no means legible for underdog. You get your slice of attention. I will be trying to bring this back from the dead, perhaps start using some of these for front pages

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-14 15:12:02

The # 1 Underdawg iz clearly xXx-WOLF-xXx!!
WAW! check out his music! hes freaken pro and a half times a billion trillion! he has about 75 posts and has been 2005! He does remixes and creats music of his own! Check him out, i highly recomend it! ZOMGANATOR!! OFMDGDKFNGFDJLH!! @@#%R !! !1 1 1 1! ! one

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-19 19:05:24

I nominate S20, aka Super20SS for the list. He is a jazz force to be reckoned with.

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-19 19:37:47

I'd Consider myself an underdog. I barely got any reviews on my music and I really wish I had. I love being critized even if its bad critizism.

Enough of that. I play guitar. And I recently started using RiffWorks. My first were recorded with kristal then I realized RIffWorks is better. And now I use RIffWorks, I only have two songs made from it.
I use guitarport to record. I want review mainly, whether its good or bad, I want reviews, as long as they aren't spam.... I only recently started recording. I have a year of experience wth guitar, and I really loved to play so I bought an electric with some recording equipment to start. I plan on Recording more in the FUture, and also fixing up the old songs I made through Kristal.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-19 21:57:36

I swear at thee underdog might I be! Well granted I haven't been on here a whole lot lately, but one of my audios did manage to win a contest, {IDR}- Radio Future. Otherwise non ofmy audios have over 18 votes. Been here for a year. I feel so unloved and nobody is telling me why T_T.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-20 15:29:30

Wow , alot of the people here are nominating themselves? That is quite desperate i must say!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-21 00:37:58

Greetings everybody!
I'm relatively new in submitting music to the Audio Portal. I've been around though, listening and reviewing a lot.
I taught myself how to play the piano and I have been doing so for about 8 years. One of the favorite things for me to do is compose. And since I do compose, I wish to share my music.
My music is mainly limited to piano solely because I haven't had time to learn how to use Fruity Loops. Also, the recording quality for my songs are less than desirable because of my lack of recording equipment, but I am looking to upgrade soon.
I hope people will listen to my songs. Please review so that I can improve!
Enjoy!

-HFX ^_^

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-22 14:41:06

beatstriker is underdog :D

n

Response to The Underdog List 2008-10-26 07:25:09

Do I qualify for underdog status?

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-16 20:15:00

I guess I may as well nominate myself, seeing as it might get the relenetless zero bombers off my back. Yeah, Im egotistically and patheticallly nominating myself.

Thank you for you're time.
Love and peace.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-21 22:32:20

I am a under ground artist I see allot of people who have a huge fallowing I just like some one to fill my tracks ether there jokes or I'm for real I'm a horror core rapper which gets a bad name tossed in with icp or so on when allot of us are not related at all just want some one to see I do work and try hard I will be doing shows soon just want to get out to newgrounds artist I dig allot of the stuff I hear on here I use allot of beats from users ask for permission and give credit on my cds check out the sounds much love and respect newground artists

my poop smells like poop dog poop smells alot like my poop too! unicorn poop smells like rainbows (yaaay) leprechaun poop smells like whiskey and patatos

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-23 00:08:43

I don't know, I guess i'm an underdog? My songs aren't like, the most amazing things to ever hit Newgrounds, but i really like them. With each song I improve and whatnot. I'm classically trained in piano. Over 12 years of experience under my belt. I have complete understanding of what music can and will be. I've been around NG for about.. i'd say like 4 years. But this account is farely new. Well, that's pretty much it. Thanks for your time.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-25 12:07:43

At 11/23/08 12:08 AM, ThunderHorseL wrote: I don't know, I guess i'm an underdog? My songs aren't like, the most amazing things to ever hit Newgrounds, but i really like them. With each song I improve and whatnot. I'm classically trained in piano. Over 12 years of experience under my belt. I have complete understanding of what music can and will be. I've been around NG for about.. i'd say like 4 years. But this account is farely new. Well, that's pretty much it. Thanks for your time.

I personally don't think you're at a stage considerable for underdog. You have a lot to learn and please remove your Only Time "Remix", using Enya's original song and throwing a rather poor perc beat on top of it doesn't constitute remix, and is grounds to have you banned. Only submit material that is ONLY YOURS. Your latest song borders on illegal too.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-25 12:15:45

At 11/16/08 09:33 PM, PaulStetich wrote: Hi guys Stetich here. And I aint no underdog.

I'd like to nominate someone who's fairly new to the audio portal, Valfore-X-1.

Yeah, he hasnt been on for that long at all, not even 2 weeks yet. But I heard his first song, and I must say I was fairly impressed on how he did for a first. I mean, that was a LOT better than most firsts I hear.

However, his score and popularity count don't quite show what I'm saying. So hey, give his song a review, a vote. I guarantee you you wont be disappointed.

I disagree, his score and popularity reflect the midi rip that was that song. Thank you for your efforts in nominating somebody else Paul, but he is the furthest definition of Underdog.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-26 16:04:24

Well, I don't know if I'm an underdog.
I usually make trance, but I whouldn't even think of compairing me with Dj-nate or cornandbeans. So I thought I'd "sign" up for the underdog list :P

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-27 06:41:43

Is it legal to nominate another account that hasnt gotten the attention it may or may not deserve?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-27 12:56:02

At 11/27/08 06:41 AM, jrayteam6 wrote: Is it legal to nominate another account that hasnt gotten the attention it may or may not deserve?

you mean an alt? I wouldn't encourage it but i'm not going to stop it either. After all we're here to find great music from lesser known people. If the alt holds some really great stuff, I don't see why the person who owns the alt shouldn't get credit for it.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-27 16:46:54

I didn't really want to do this, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to nominate myself after a while. I've been doing my music thing for about 4 years now, and didn't start uploading here 2 years after that. I like to limit myself to my imagination and emotions, however I feel or want to experiment with I go for and make. I try my best and each piece I throw something new out there, either being a totally different style, or deciding to clash two things together, I just do it for the fun of the art. That's about all I can really say about myself, just depends on what everyone else thinks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-28 00:03:05

Instinct

(http://lnstinct.newgrounds.com/)

He does kick ass hardcore techno.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-28 02:37:13

Without sucking my own dick here I think my other projects page has had a very sad run here on NG.

http://thateam.newgrounds.com/

I mean, I dont know how people could not appreciate a slightly controversial song about Sexual Terrorism...?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-29 13:31:38

hey this is the first time im posting in here... so do you think i can be an underdog?
do i have what it takes?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-29 14:40:29

At 11/29/08 01:31 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: hey this is the first time im posting in here... so do you think i can be an underdog?
do i have what it takes?

it's not that you don't have what it takes, but you have a fair bit of popularity already. Your most recent song has dozens of votes and 15 reviews.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-11-29 14:55:46

At 11/29/08 02:40 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 11/29/08 01:31 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: hey this is the first time im posting in here... so do you think i can be an underdog?
do i have what it takes?
it's not that you don't have what it takes, but you have a fair bit of popularity already. Your most recent song has dozens of votes and 15 reviews.

LOL true. just figured i would look for another possibility of whoreing myself out some more.
thanks for the reply though. :)

Response to The Underdog List 2008-12-01 13:13:50

http://race1.newgrounds.com/

this guy.. i was just cruising the tunes around and i noticed some of his stuff.. its odd but i like it.
i always love good orchestra stuff.. he has music from 2007 that had only 5 votes. and his recent stuff just looks like it went to through the maybe 6 hours on the audio page. some of his stuff has reviews but i really think his music should be out there more than it is.