00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JamesHeart just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stealing Awards - Final Warning

44,902 Views | 487 Replies

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 19:22:57

didnt know nor does it bother me that people are stealing awards. the awards dont really get you anywhere out side of the computer world.

oh well.

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 19:47:28

At 1/22/08 05:39 PM, HotActionYiffFur wrote: Wade takes Newgrounds too seriously.

Your right. Handling administration on a website with hundreds of thousands of user of which thousands are spammers is gumdrops and rainbows. But seriously, a badass like Wade doesnt need help from a whiny cunt

Due to complaints about my last signature having the incorrect use of "there" I am now changing it to fuck you.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 19:54:01

DELETE EM' ALL LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 19:55:49

At 1/22/08 11:13 AM, homor wrote:
*holds fist in air*

*guns and roses sweet child of mine plays*

Hell yeah! "Sweet Child of Mine" kicks ass.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 19:56:56

thank u wade!
it's not fair for flash artists to not get awards when they do deserve it.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 19:58:34

Long overdue, bravo Wade. Time to take these little twits out.

Then salt the earth and make their women barren.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 20:06:17

This makes perfect sense and its good to know that action is being taken against these people. ^^

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 21:07:03

The only awards those groups seem to be stealing is turd of the week. Now sure it's low to use an alt for voting on your own flash but correct me if Im wrong but those lack luster flash groups seem to only get he bare minimum.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 21:09:29

you should probably bann everyone who is involved in a spam crew (besides star syndicate and clock crew) RIGHT FUCKING NOW

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 21:10:54

What the hell?

People are linking to this topic like it's now prohibited to have alternate accounts.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 21:43:05

At 1/22/08 09:10 PM, Noodleboy111 wrote: What the hell?

People are linking to this topic like it's now prohibited to have alternate accounts.

Not prohibited, but highly discouraged, especially if you are making spam flashes and mass voting, etc.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 21:55:07

At 1/22/08 09:43 PM, knuxrouge wrote:

Not prohibited, but highly discouraged, especially if you are making spam flashes and mass voting, etc.

Because people can take things way out of context.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 21:58:18

I'd like to post about this guy.

http://buddhageo.newgrounds.com/

He signed up in July of '07 and has 788 saves, yet 0 blams. I've checked SEVERAL flashes and reviews of him and they mostly have 2 minute long intros, and then some crap. Recently, he submitted Guitar Hero - Flash Game and it says that we need a new flash player. I have the latest flash. (last time I checked). But, even if I don't, putting two minute long intros which, really, should only have taken thirty seconds is absurd.

What I'm thinking is that he used several accounts + friends to help pass them all.

Which brings me to this next point. A good way to filter out spam submissions!!!

Have a moderator or admin view the flash to make sure someone won't die of a seizure because some a**h*** decides to put a flash that says "OMMMG!!!! OLLOLOLKLYUZ1!!!!!1!!1!1! i TRIKD UUUUU!!!" or whatever.

I know that would take a long time and less submissions would go through less slowly, but then the portal won't be filled with all these stupid flashes that flash all the colors in one second. I seriously think I almost had a seizure when one of those flashes came up. It was a loud note that rumbled my speakers and scared the crap out of me, along flashing colors. I was alone at the time. Next thing I know, I have a huge headache and my fingers began to spazz out and my legs, too. I couldn't keep the mouse still so i press alt+F4. After about ten minutes of sitting in my chair with spazzing legs and fingers, it stopped. I wasn't completely convulsing from head to bottom. Just my hands and legs. But I was flipped out.

I'm not sure how many people have experienced that before themselves, or maybe even worse... but I was scared to death when that was going on.

But, anyway... having a moderator or admin viewing the flash before it being submitted to the portal for regular NG users to view, vote and save/blam it.

Just a suggestion...

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 22:05:39

At 1/22/08 01:53 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Part of the problem is too much of their crap passes. More people need to get inovled and vote 0 on entries that deserve it. People need to watch the entries to make sure they aren't being tricked by a fancy intro, etc. Too many people just vote 5 because they want the points because they think the entry will end up passing. That attitude has lead to this problem. Screw the points, vote 0 if an entry deserves it. If enough people help do this, these entries will have a harder time passing.

If this news post that Tom made in 2003 is still in effect (and since it's a good idea, it probably should be), then it might be beneficial to extend that policy to people who vote 5 on everything for the protect points, as well as people who vote 0 for the blams.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 22:19:59

At 1/22/08 09:58 PM, daguy1234 wrote: I'd like to post about this guy.

lol you think he's an alt

He signed up in July of '07 and has 788 saves, yet 0 blams.

So he probably just doesn't blam movies regardless of there material

What I'm thinking is that he used several accounts + friends to help pass them all.

or people just liked them.

Which brings me to this next point. A good way to filter out spam submissions!!!

Have a moderator or admin view the flash to make sure someone won't die of a seizure because some a**h*** decides to put a flash that says "OMMMG!!!! OLLOLOLKLYUZ1!!!!!1!!1!1! i TRIKD UUUUU!!!" or whatever.

that would be ruining the whole point of the flash portal. And hate sites like that, there just no fun.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 22:26:37

About time.

This shit got old in 2006. Stuff like Cursor*10 would never have gotten noticed had it not gotten underdog of the week.

By the way, I've seen a couple of times a perfectly legit entry get mass voted up by other crews that have no affialiation to the group, and just want to get the movie deleted. What do you do about those?

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 22:28:00

At 1/22/08 09:58 PM, Grammer wrote:

Wade did say it's bad enough to have alts, after all.

There's no reason to have them anymore, now that we can't change our user names.

He said it was bad, not prohibited. Some people are taking this like if you have an alt you get all of your accounts deleted and such.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 22:30:51

At 1/22/08 10:19 PM, aquaticmole wrote:
At 1/22/08 09:58 PM, daguy1234 wrote: I'd like to post about this guy.

lol you think he's an alt

I'm not sure how to respond to this... lol

He signed up in July of '07 and has 788 saves, yet 0 blams.
So he probably just doesn't blam movies regardless of there material

or people just liked them.

I never said normal users didn't vote. But making people sit through two minute long intros and then nothing doesn't generally make most users happy. There have been some good reviews, but that's because some people find it funny that they have suspense, and then be told to upgrade their flash player. If I needed to upgrade my flash player then the original intro probably wouldn't have played. That's what pissed me off.

that would be ruining the whole point of the flash portal. And hate sites like that, there just no fun.

So you'd rather have spam flashes that are Epilepsy Warnings than not having to worry about a crappy flash? Besides, I'm not saying blam all kitty krew flashes at all, just the ones that have those loud noises and flash random colors every second. I was up late and no lights on when one of the flashes completely blinded my eyes for about ten seconds. I'd like to keep my hearing until I'm well over 16. >.>

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 22:32:49

Finally you're doing something! This shit is so annoying. Im going to take a guess, and say that mpstly all of the ones deleted were part of a crew.....

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 23:09:12

At 1/22/08 10:32 PM, physco-pickle wrote: Finally you're doing something! This shit is so annoying. Im going to take a guess, and say that mpstly all of the ones deleted were part of a crew.....

Some were in a group called the Socom Squad, and some were alts of a Kitty Krew member which he used to submit non-KK spam. But I don't think all of them, or even most, were involved with crews. Most were probably just some dude trying to get awards by mass-reviewing 10 for a free Review Crew Pick.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 05:52:05

At 1/22/08 10:26 PM, Ying-yong wrote: By the way, I've seen a couple of times a perfectly legit entry get mass voted up by other crews that have no affialiation to the group, and just want to get the movie deleted. What do you do about those?

yes this actually happened to dailytoons at one point

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 05:56:13

At 1/23/08 05:52 AM, f0d wrote:
At 1/22/08 10:26 PM, Ying-yong wrote: By the way, I've seen a couple of times a perfectly legit entry get mass voted up by other crews that have no affialiation to the group, and just want to get the movie deleted. What do you do about those?
yes this actually happened to dailytoons at one point

And to the "Jesus fucked my baby collab"

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 09:24:20

I noticed he used the Angry Faic.

This must be serious business.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 11:12:52

What we need are more Assassin-style games and crude parodies, like in the good ol' days.

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!

-

cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 11:21:11

Stealing awards is low.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 16:33:47

At 1/23/08 05:55 AM, HotActionYiffFur wrote: f0d, give up.

They suck anyways.

who sucks?

and only reason i keep bumpin this is in the false hope that wade might actually read my post on page 12 and save the portal from being permanently flawed

ugh i mean it cant be THAT hard to reinstate time limit voting, i dont understand why the admins have been ignoring it. bringing it back would help all legit artists, and the only people it would hurt are the stat whores and shitty crews that depend on stat whores.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 17:06:44

Does this mean I don't have to look at this on the authors section on a spam anymore?

COCKJOKECOCKJOKECOCK(COCK
JOKECOCKJOKE)
FAGFAGFAGFAG(n1GGJER CUNT)

And so on? those need to be gone.

The Lack of content here, Is suprising.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 17:08:57

At 1/21/08 05:12 PM, Rideo wrote: It's good news to see the security of the portal being stepped up.

Yeah security is best being stronger. Helps prevent things like this.

*xin laugh*

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 18:17:29

So Long, Superman

We could be pets, we could be food, but all we really are is livestock.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-23 21:26:54

How do you know if people are alts, or just 2 people who can't afford seprate computers?
This is why I haven't let my brothers sign up.

I miss my old sig )=