00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stealing Awards - Final Warning

44,900 Views | 487 Replies

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:36:30

At 1/22/08 01:28 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I fear to much to fast, I heard nothing of Wades view before I saw this, Maybe there should have been a warning prior to this, though I may have just missed it.
Well Wade knows best so I will go with it.

People have been mass reviewing with alts for years, and we have been terminating their accounts for years. This is nothing new, and I shouldn't have to keep reminding people that doing this kind of crap will result in account termination.

It's common sense. DO NOT CHEAT! Didn't you learn that cheating is bad when you were a little kid?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:37:40

At 1/22/08 01:28 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 1/22/08 01:24 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Nicely said Wade. The crackdown has finally started!
I fear to much to fast, I heard nothing of Wades view before I saw this, Maybe there should have been a warning prior to this, though I may have just missed it.
Well Wade knows best so I will go with it.

It's been in the rules for a very, VERY long time.

People doing this KNOW it's against the rules. Wade's just reinforcing the fact that if you do it, you lose everything.

Fine by me.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:41:14

I think it's an authority complex some kids have. Sadly you bitching about it will encourage some people to do it. It's that damn internet anonymity mentality.

From here on out i'd go with zero tolerance n shit.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:42:38

At 1/22/08 01:36 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 1/22/08 01:28 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
It's common sense. DO NOT CHEAT! Didn't you learn that cheating is bad when you were a little kid?

Yes sorry I keep expecting to be delivered all the information, I just expected a warning thread before those alts were deleated, though I can see that it was in the rules so you didn't need to.
Glad to say I have not joined in any of this though. Just those few users that spoil it for everyone else.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:49:04

Hey, Wade. What about people who use alts to get around the 2 Flash uploaded per day?

I see that a LOT. Especially in those spammy-type groups.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:51:04

This is just great news. Wade "One man army" Fulp is gonna clean this portal sparkling white. I can't wait to see it, I'll help any way I can!

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:51:53

At 1/22/08 01:49 PM, RSQViper wrote: Hey, Wade. What about people who use alts to get around the 2 Flash uploaded per day?

It's grounds for account termination. If we feel they are abusing the site, spamming the portal, and we have enough evidence to see they are using two or more accounts to get around their submission limit, we would be in our right to terminate all accounts involved.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:53:43

Part of the problem is too much of their crap passes. More people need to get inovled and vote 0 on entries that deserve it. People need to watch the entries to make sure they aren't being tricked by a fancy intro, etc. Too many people just vote 5 because they want the points because they think the entry will end up passing. That attitude has lead to this problem. Screw the points, vote 0 if an entry deserves it. If enough people help do this, these entries will have a harder time passing.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:55:11

Wow... You tell 'em, Wade...

You've finally made it home

Draped in the flag that you fell for

And so it goes - the ashes of the wake

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:55:13

At 1/22/08 01:51 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 1/22/08 01:49 PM, RSQViper wrote: Hey, Wade. What about people who use alts to get around the 2 Flash uploaded per day?

It's grounds for account termination. If we feel they are abusing the site, spamming the portal, and we have enough evidence to see they are using two or more accounts to get around their submission limit, we would be in our right to terminate all accounts involved.

How about submissions made by crews, like KK or Lucky 7, if more than 2 submissions are made by all the members for the crew together does this also count beyond the limit?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:56:49

What about clockday wade are there allowed to be more than 2 clock flashes in the portal gah hee HEE.

=\

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:56:57

At 1/22/08 01:55 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: How about submissions made by crews, like KK or Lucky 7, if more than 2 submissions are made by all the members for the crew together does this also count beyond the limit?

I think that if any of them are alts, and used for that purpose, then yes.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 13:59:49

At 1/22/08 01:53 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Part of the problem is too much of their crap passes. More people need to get inovled and vote 0 on entries that deserve it. People need to watch the entries to make sure they aren't being tricked by a fancy intro, etc. Too many people just vote 5 because they want the points because they think the entry will end up passing. That attitude has lead to this problem. Screw the points, vote 0 if an entry deserves it. If enough people help do this, these entries will have a harder time passing.

I've been clamoring about that myself. Screw the points, protect the portal. But noone listens too a regular user. Now that you've said it maybe people will now prick up their ears and do what they should.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 14:06:12

Even as we now speak about this. Another bullshit flash from afro_stud's alt is in the portal.
His bullshit always gets pushed through the fucking portal by alts and massvoting.

Right under you fucking nose Wade.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 14:13:34

At 1/22/08 01:53 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Part of the problem is too much of their crap passes. More people need to get inovled and vote 0 on entries that deserve it. People need to watch the entries to make sure they aren't being tricked by a fancy intro, etc. Too many people just vote 5 because they want the points because they think the entry will end up passing. That attitude has lead to this problem. Screw the points, vote 0 if an entry deserves it. If enough people help do this, these entries will have a harder time passing.

Haha! THAT sound familiar!

I can't agree more. I can't even count how many Blams I've lost because I've held to that motto and people are voting to pass Flash that is absolute crap. 0 is my vote unless on the very RARE occasion one actually had some thought and it made me laugh. Then it might get a 2.

I liked the days where I got more Blams than Protects. Now they are somewhat close to the same, but protects are slightly higher. BOOOO!!!

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 14:29:24

Aw damn, I'm late for the drama :(

File size is limited to 40k.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 14:31:34

HEY WADE GO BACK TO NIGERIA

We could be pets, we could be food, but all we really are is livestock.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 14:34:56

Hammer down the sickness, and wipe it out of existence.

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!

-

cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 14:42:31

How do you tell the difference between alts and multiple users on the same computer?

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 14:51:45

At 1/22/08 02:42 PM, Snake-Arsenic wrote: How do you tell the difference between alts and multiple users on the same computer?

he can't, chances are he doesn't give a shit. what a great admin.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:04:48

At 1/22/08 02:51 PM, TheyL1ve wrote:
At 1/22/08 02:42 PM, Snake-Arsenic wrote: How do you tell the difference between alts and multiple users on the same computer?
he can't, chances are he doesn't give a shit. what a great admin.

Any website admin can tell the difference of an alt and a main account. They just have to cross-reference the IP address

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:09:57

Why did you not just deleted straight away obviously the offenders aren't the type of people you want on NG, why bother fucking about?

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:13:27

At 1/22/08 03:09 PM, Tommy wrote: Why did you not just deleted straight away obviously the offenders aren't the type of people you want on NG, why bother fucking about?

hey why not delete everyone? i mean it's clear everything by everyone doesn't apply anymore so why not just delete the whole fucking site.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:16:48

wade is on the warpath it seems

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:17:35

At 1/22/08 03:07 PM, Joe-Cool wrote: I think he's referring to like, a sister reviewing her brother's flash when they use the same computer, but different accounts. From IP address, you can't really tell that they're actually two different people.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to, two or more users who are not breaking or evading any rules and with the same computer/host/ip etc. How would you tell the difference?

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:18:16

At 1/22/08 03:13 PM, TheyL1ve wrote:
At 1/22/08 03:09 PM, Tommy wrote: Why did you not just deleted straight away obviously the offenders aren't the type of people you want on NG, why bother fucking about?
hey why not delete everyone? i mean it's clear everything by everyone doesn't apply anymore so why not just delete the whole fucking site.

Newgrounds is a privately owned website. The owners (Tom, Wade, Stamper, Jeff, Jim, Bob, Ross, Tim, and others) can set any rules they want.

Don't like it? Then leave and start your own website.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:18:21

I notice that the deletion of the 100 or so alt accounts seems to be affecting the amount of Flash that's passing.

Stealing Awards - Final Warning

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:20:00

At 1/22/08 03:17 PM, Snake-Arsenic wrote:
At 1/22/08 03:07 PM, Joe-Cool wrote: I think he's referring to like, a sister reviewing her brother's flash when they use the same computer, but different accounts. From IP address, you can't really tell that they're actually two different people.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to, two or more users who are not breaking or evading any rules and with the same computer/host/ip etc. How would you tell the difference?

Look at their profile. Assuming they provided real names, there is a difference. If not, then observe their posting habits, favorite items, their reviews, and what they voted on (assuming that the admins can see that.)

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:22:20

At 1/22/08 02:06 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: Even as we now speak about this. Another bullshit flash from afro_stud's alt is in the portal.
His bullshit always gets pushed through the fucking portal by alts and massvoting.

Right under you fucking nose Wade.

I tottally agree if you see afrounderscorestud's flashes you will see the amount of adolf hitler crap that contains no animation at all and is just a picture of either him dressed up as a french man or pikachu
It annoys me tottally obviously this is because of alts

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-22 15:30:16

At 1/22/08 03:20 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: Look at their profile. Assuming they provided real names, there is a difference. If not, then observe their posting habits, favorite items, their reviews, and what they voted on (assuming that the admins can see that.)

There would definitely be some difference there, also I think you can only vote on a flash once per 24 hours on the same computer and if that's the case then that can be an indication of not evading also.