00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

91,912 Views | 822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-27 16:35:59

At 11/27/07 08:56 AM, Luis wrote:
Also i would say gloss it only if you think itll make it look better... i am not convinced that the gloss makes everything better. Some look great with it, some may look better with a more flat look.

Also: make sure you coat it with something if you used paint/ink that can smear if it's rubbed. Like I used on mine. Because I didn't have anything else.
You can use something with a matte finish if you don't want your little dude to look like porcelain, but I would definately recommend coating it with something just so the colors don't fade and so it's possible to clean it later on without affecting the paint job.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-27 16:51:50

I just shipped mine today, so finally no more worries about it. Wasted enough time, im supposed to be studying for a math exam x_x But still, t'was fun.

But say, when you receive all of them, are you gonna take pics of them later and stuff? Everybody here would sure love to see the entries of all participants after when you take them to the office.

Do you have further plans on showcasing the munnies? And if so, how are you gonna arrange it?

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-27 22:25:41

At 11/27/07 04:51 PM, Hammi wrote:
Do you have further plans on showcasing the munnies? And if so, how are you gonna arrange it?

I think when i head down to the office we'll have a mini photo album or something or other..

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 00:01:05

So uh, spray on gloss is a bad idea. It made all my paint run. Fuck. I'm going to have to repaint most of the face.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 00:07:06

At 11/28/07 12:01 AM, MiddleFingerRings wrote: So uh, spray on gloss is a bad idea. It made all my paint run. Fuck. I'm going to have to repaint most of the face.

Spray on gloss is probably better for an "overall-even-coat" type deal, but with all spray products if you don't know how to use them it can get tricky.

For those who already threw the extra buck or two into getting a spray can, they do work, you just gotta do it right. First all all, make sure that shit is shaken up plenty. Most importantly, ALWAYS spray it for a couple of seconds on a test piece of paper or something. This should get some unpleasent drippyness looking sprays out of the way. Then make sure the can is perpendicular to the ground and parallel to your object. Spraying at angles causes for streams and more liquidy results.

I'm sorry to hear your misfortune MiddleFingerRIngs. Good luck painting him up again. I hope I can find at least 1 finished model in all of these that isn't so glaringly shiney from overuse of gloss. It looks cool for some, but like Luis said not everything needs to be so shiny I can't see it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 15:04:28

At 11/28/07 12:07 AM, Senti wrote: but like Luis said not everything needs to be so shiny I can't see it.

shiny things look more expensive, and therefore, better.
:P

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 19:30:46

OMFG...
You have NO IDEA of how much money I would pay for your munnies

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 20:23:00

At 11/28/07 07:30 PM, ChuckDaKnife wrote: OMFG...

Whose munnies?

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 20:40:30

Well, I kinda have a feeling that I'm one of those who has a gloss that people see as unnecessary. Well, as a matter of fact, my figure got a much more "neutral" finish after all the layers of brushed gloss was done. Due to the fact that it kinda layers on top of the paint-strokes and gives a smoother surface, giving cleaner shadows and highlights. So yeah, I'd say it's more reflective and less shiny in some way. Think about a brushed thick painting behind a glass plate.
Anyway, it does look better. And just shut up, it's an individual project.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 21:02:35

At 11/28/07 08:40 PM, vonDark wrote: Anyway, it does look better. And just shut up, it's an individual project.

Yours looks just fine. No worries.

And yes it is an individual project.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-28 21:17:29

At 11/28/07 08:40 PM, vonDark wrote: Anyway, it does look better. And just shut up, it's an individual project.

maybe on yours it does, also, maybe you have experience in it too

oh, and maybe I just like to be a critic :D

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 04:10:07

Here's how mine is looking at the moment, I messed up on part of the head so I've had to repaint it. I'll post again once its all complete. I've had so much fun doing this, totally awesome idea for a NG project luis. I can't wait to see like a photo of all of them side by side once there all back at the NG office. Anyways all comments and opinions are welcome.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 08:05:00

awesome, I like how it's all smooth, its a good style
hopefully you dont try to glaze it, cus that'll be baaad

REALITIY, IT'S JUST, IT'S JUST-REALITY

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 08:40:32

i just had a glazed donut... i hope you all will find it in your heart to forgive me.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 12:08:38

Hey Everyone!

I was having so much fun practicing for the I,WZLs on some cheapie plastic dolls, that I decided to start my own thread and post progress.

Check out the gallery for DIY toys. Post any toy (or anything for that matter) that you have customized or any WIPs. No contest I'm afraid, but heck, it's a gallery! Fun all by itself.

<a>http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8 19037<a>

'He who laughs and runs away, lives to laugh another day' - Cesar Romero as the Joker

Where the humor lives...

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 14:58:01

At 11/28/07 08:23 PM, remyzero wrote:
At 11/28/07 07:30 PM, ChuckDaKnife wrote: OMFG...
Whose munnies?

ALL OF THEM

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 14:59:13

FYI:
if any of you european / australian people have yet to drop you wzl in the mailbox. You should consider doing so tmrw or over the weekend. You'll be risking not making it in on time otherwise.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 15:29:07

At 11/29/07 08:40 AM, Luis wrote: i just had a glazed donut... i hope you all will find it in your heart to forgive me.

i perfer no glaze

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 16:54:10

At 11/29/07 03:29 PM, squidium wrote:
At 11/29/07 08:40 AM, Luis wrote: i just had a glazed donut... i hope you all will find it in your heart to forgive me.
i perfer no glaze

those look like bagels to me.

Anyway NathanielMilburn I got yours today thank you.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 19:40:53

At 11/29/07 04:54 PM, Luis wrote:
At 11/29/07 03:29 PM, squidium wrote:
i perfer no glaze
those look like bagels to me.

indeed.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 22:40:00

Finished. He's now all packaged up neatly, ready to start on his big adventure.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 22:42:25

At 11/29/07 10:40 PM, enjoyshaun wrote: Finished. He's now all packaged up neatly, ready to start on his big adventure.

Nice one. What media did you use?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-29 23:07:01

At 11/29/07 10:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Nice one. What media did you use?

Thanks dude

I used acrylic paints for all the color, the more detailed areas i put masking tape down cut out the shapes I wanted then painted, it worked quite well getting some nice crisp edges. I then went over everything with a super fine black marker. A whole lot of patience was probably the most important thing I used though.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-30 03:15:28

Captain Spaulding is here!

After all the fuck-ups, I've finally finished. I'm fairly happy with the end product. I'll post it tomorrow, meanwhile, here's a photo of it, along with a painting of the same character I did in Photoshop, and a screen shot of the character in "Devil's Rejects".

In case you're wondering, the beard is made of brown string that I broke up, and it's stuck on with a very strong glue called "Liquid Nails". I decided to skip out on the gloss.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-30 03:20:18

Awesome, Rings! I love his eyes and the beard.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-30 05:45:46

At 11/30/07 03:20 AM, Senti wrote: Awesome, Rings! I love his eyes and the beard.

Aw shucks, well... I try.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-30 09:35:04

K. Here's the deal.
My munny got stolen
I had it with me in school often to work on it during missing lessons. erff and it started looking rather nice. I had the real hair done, and i prepared everything to fill it with fake blood and guts and screw a hole in the belly to put a glass around it.. and other freaky details. I didnt take any progress shots because my cam is missing aswell.
shitrlysux.

Sorry Luis.
better be losing patience and faith right thair.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-30 09:35:41

Hahaha, damn MiddleFingerRings that one is fucking epic.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-30 10:39:20

At 11/30/07 09:35 AM, TimFrommeyer reveiled:

shocking and sorrowing story

Oh man :( Im so sorry to hear that. Either you got yourself another jealous NG member at your school, or that guy just had no other things to do in his spare time. What a fucking moron.

My full regrets man. How sad. After spending a lot of time on it, im sure it looked quite slick. Now its all in vain. My condolences.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-30 11:03:56

Ouch, TimFrommeyer, I was looking forward to seeing yours too. :( Sorry to hear that, bro.

<3

BBS Signature