00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

liazx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guild Wars Newgrounds Club

20,456 Views | 211 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-18 18:57:02

Yup. It will Benefit you in Guild Wars 2.

PS3 - Sharpe365 | COD:WaW Clan | Guild Wars Club

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-19 20:51:38

Who's getting Guild Wars 2? Actually, stupid question, of course we're all getting it. But Fenris, you might want to get EotN before GW2, since GW2 takes place about 225-250 years after EotN.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-19 20:52:31

At 3/18/09 06:57 PM, sharpes wrote: Yup. It will Benefit you in Guild Wars 2.

I wish people would stop going on about it in-game, it's likely ArenaNet won't be finished developing it until December/Early 2010.
Since they need this to be so good to overshadow GW...
I still think I'll prefer GW and am happy they will be keeping it open as a failsafe.

Killing-joke Rule the waves! Rule britania!

Signature made by, TheRipper00 NG Signature Makers ] Guild Wars Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-19 20:56:36

At 3/19/09 08:52 PM, Killing-joke wrote: it's likely ArenaNet won't be finished developing it until December/Early 2010.

No, they announced it's getting released 2009.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-19 20:58:42

At 3/19/09 08:56 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 3/19/09 08:52 PM, Killing-joke wrote: it's likely ArenaNet won't be finished developing it until December/Early 2010.
No, they announced it's getting released 2009.

I know they did, but they said Nightfall would be released long before it actually was, so knowing ArenaNet, it'll be late, besides this will be a much bigger game than NF was so you know...
Plus my warrior needs more time to get titles and shit, since I've not bene able to ge ton the PC for months...

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-20 00:01:05

At 3/19/09 08:51 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Who's getting Guild Wars 2? Actually, stupid question, of course we're all getting it. But Fenris, you might want to get EotN before GW2, since GW2 takes place about 225-250 years after EotN.

Order of buy:
Nightfall
Factions
EotN
GW2
Any questions?

I NEED MONEY.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-20 01:55:05

I'd skip Factions, dude. It's pretty... well, terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-20 07:31:46

At 3/20/09 01:55 AM, SapphireLight wrote: I'd skip Factions, dude. It's pretty... well, terrible.

Assassin = $$$
Ritualist = Napoleon Dynamite dance
Skill set = win
Seeing as how I need a little more dancing win $$$ in my GW life, I'm not skipping Factions.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-20 07:48:40

At 3/20/09 01:55 AM, SapphireLight wrote: I'd skip Factions, dude. It's pretty... well, terrible.

Don't skip factions!! It's where all the PvP is at....

I collected mine as:

Nightfall
Factions
Proph
GW::EN

NF is easy so ou could do that pretty quick same with factions so then just focus on the other two...
It's what I did on my War, Necro and Ranger

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-20 09:43:04

At 3/20/09 07:48 AM, Killing-joke wrote:
Don't skip factions!! It's where all the PvP is at....

Uhm... what? There's a PvP-only mode, which is where most Factions characters go. You can still fight them if you don't have factions...

BUT. I bought my games as:
Prophecies - A year (I think) after its release
Factions CE - Day it was released
Nightfall CE - Day it was released
Eye of the North - I don't know, a few weeks ago

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-20 17:37:18

Yea. I still need a lot of stuff to prepare for it. But i'm ok with them taking longer. Doesn't really bother me. The longer it takes to make a game, the better it will be. Usually.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-20 17:55:30

No, you nub, you need Factions to do AB/FFF bascially anything with factions, which most guilds require you to be able to donate occasionally...

PVE is short and sweet and thats why Factions is pretty fun. . .
I love Factions and NF more than Proph tbh...
GW:EN isn't the best of these either...
My Ranger completed that in a day.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-23 17:09:14

At 3/20/09 05:55 PM, Killing-joke wrote: No, you nub, you need Factions to do AB/FFF bascially anything with factions, which most guilds require you to be able to donate occasionally...

No, your guild needs to be either Kurzick or Luxon to AB, which means your LEADER needs to have Factions. Members/officers don't need Factions to AB if they're in an alliance.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-24 18:32:36

At 3/23/09 05:09 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
No, your guild needs to be either Kurzick or Luxon to AB, which means your LEADER needs to have Factions. Members/officers don't need Factions to AB if they're in an alliance.

Hmm. I never knew that.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-24 22:03:15

At 3/24/09 06:32 PM, sharpes wrote:
Hmm. I never knew that.

Yeah, iSpy has the Luxon diplomat that lets you travel to AB's at any time.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-28 20:00:19

So, I bought GW:EN today. I haven't gotten too far; just to Gunnar's Hold. But, the heroes are nice, and I've yet to be overwhelmed by any skill, with the possible exception of Hexer's Vigor. But whatever, it'll be worth it once I get farther.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-28 20:17:07

At 3/28/09 08:00 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: So, I bought GW:EN today.

:D

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-30 17:56:10

At 3/24/09 10:03 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 3/24/09 06:32 PM, sharpes wrote:
Hmm. I never knew that.
Yeah, iSpy has the Luxon diplomat that lets you travel to AB's at any time.

The Luxon diplomat in GtoB?? ~No, Thats Fort apsen and the jade map.. I can't remember the name offhand for some reason. They're competitive missions not AB...

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-30 17:58:57

sorry for double post,
but I just read thread again, and got whatit meant. sorry for the misunderstanding...

Plus, anyone know the perfect team for HM Diggings in NF?

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-30 21:06:23

At 3/30/09 05:58 PM, Killing-joke wrote: sorry for double post,
but I just read thread again, and got whatit meant. sorry for the misunderstanding...

I've only done it NM, but I suppose this page would help.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-03-31 17:04:14

At 3/30/09 05:58 PM, Killing-joke wrote: sorry for double post,

I used my derv, a Ele, a monk, and then just a random hero or henchmen and I did it just fine. It wasn't that hard actually.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-04-02 19:01:08

I use a self healing axe build on my war, I took an water nuke ele, Prot/heal combo monk and melonni of course. But, the monk gets killed really quickly.
I even tried it with an Uprgaded Razzah and MoW as an MM and that failed as well..
So, I'm starting to think my War is destined to never get Legendary Guardian

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-04-04 22:54:02

Sorry I've been inactive. I've been busy with things. Also kinda bored with Guild Wars right now. Playing other games currently :P

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-04-07 22:40:30

So... I have a question for you guys. If you could make any elite skill for all ten professions, the attribute being that class's main, and have it on your character, what would it be? Here are my ideas:

Shadow Tendrils
Elite Hex Spell. For 10...25 seconds, target foe has a 50% chance to block attacks. Whenever target foe blocks an attack this way, you gain 40...75 health and 3...7 energy. (Attribute: Soul Reaping)

Enshrouded Light
Elite Enchantment Spell. For 15...45 seconds, foes cannot Shadow Step to you. When a foe attempts to Shadow Step to you, they take 30...55 damage and are knocked down for 2 seconds. (Attribute: Divine Favor)

Backing Force
Elite Stance. For 10...17 seconds, any foes who attack you deal half damage and are knocked down for 3 seconds. (Attribute: Strength)

Blackened Presence
Elite Enchantment Spell. For 60 seconds, if you take physical damage, you gain 5...17 energy, and your attacker loses 5 energy. (Attribute: Energy Storage)

Gaping Illusion
Elite Stance. For 40...60 seconds, all your cast and recharge times on all of your Mesmer spells are reduced by 33%. (Attribute: Fast Casting)

Eternal Hunt
Elite Preparation. For 15...40 seconds, your arrows deal double damage and cause Bleeding for 5...15 seconds. (Attribute: Expertise)

Reaper's Eye
Elite Dual Attack. Must follow an Off-Hand attack. If this attack hits, it will result in a critical hit, and you steal 10...17 health from target foe. (Attribute: Critical Strikes)

Savior's Flesh
Elite Enchantment Spell. For 60 seconds, your spells steal health equal to double what you did in damage, but you cannot gain health in any other way. (Attribute: Spawning Power)

Synergy
Elite Scythe Attack. A random hex is transfered from you to target foe with 50...100% of it's remaining duration. (Attribute: Mysticism)

"Apathy is Death!"
Elite Shout. If any within earshot are not moving, all foes in the area are knocked down for 1...5 seconds. (Attribute: Leadership)

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-04-09 02:47:16

I would pick
Eternal Hunt
Elite Preparation. For 15...40 seconds, your arrows deal double damage and cause Bleeding for 5...15 seconds. (Attribute: Expertise)

In a heartbeat. Imagine that in PVP :D. Talk about ownage?

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-04-13 00:20:37

SWEET I've been looking for this.

-Fury of the Norse-

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-04-30 20:36:59

Woo 12 missions till Legendary Guardian, Damn Tyria I hate the fecking place...

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-05-01 07:27:43

At 4/30/09 08:36 PM, Killing-joke wrote: Woo 12 missions till Legendary Guardian, Damn Tyria I hate the fecking place...

M'hmm. And to think, that's where I've had to spend most of my GW experience. It's fine until I get to Maguuma, and then it just gets annoying as all hell.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-05-04 16:35:50

I've only got three in the Jungle, I got two in Ascalon, that I cba to do, and Borlis pass, 3 desert missions and two at the end.

It's okay so far, im doing well xD

I'm more about playing my Ele atm though, My War got boring cos my Ally dont tend to do Missions

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-05-16 06:16:39

Since we are talking about titles, I really hate working all of those hours for just one maxing out a title, I mean if you have a couple of million plats, sure you can just buy everything, but clicking all of the candy, alcohol, and other stuff would take years lol. My friend did that before, got 6mil and spent it all on titles.

And I am new to this topic, I say hello fellow GW fans :D

BBS Signature