New Topic Respond to this Topic
BlakeMo
BlakeMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-10 15:29:05 Reply

While everyone would like to be a Forum mod, I would actually like to be a review mod. I know the achilles' heel to this is that I have a garbage whistle. But when NG was remodled, I was confused when I marked reviews, so I accidentally dug myself into a hole, I was confused. But otherwise, I would like to think I'd do alright, my reviews tend to be marked as helpful, I don't spam 10's and 5's all the time, and I'm never too negative on a flash, i.e. I try to offer advice on what could improve the flash.

Keepin' Calm and Chiving On
*clickable siggy*

BBS Signature
Ziasboy
Ziasboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-10 15:29:07 Reply

if you make me a mod ill ban everyone i see!

BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-10 15:35:29 Reply

Reveiw mod please. I am sick and tired of abusive reveiws, I have a deiety wistle to prove this and I have 350+ reveiws to prove that I know what a decent reveiw looks like, I am always flagging abusive reveiws anyhow so why not have me just delete them instead of just flag them? I also am good at figuring out which reveiws are by an alt or author to cheat at getting awards and have no problem cleaning those out.

Thanks for listening.

Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-10 15:50:43 Reply

Although everyone would love to be a forum mod, it's too much power for most people. Poozy's on the verge of insanity because of it. I'd want to be a review mod. I don't think I could handle being a forum mod, and much less take on the responsibility of banning/deleting useless topics. I don't have a good sense in those things.

A review mod would be swell because I mostly stay on the games/movies section, and know quite a few spam crews to watch out for.

But, seeing as all of these posts shall be ignored, my typing is in vain. ;_;

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature
You-thought-so
You-thought-so
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-11 19:34:08 Reply

forum mod, review mod, audio mod, icon mod.

The person below is an idiot.

Porkchop
Porkchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Art Lover
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-11 19:48:19 Reply

Well, I suppose this is kind of split two ways, between which kind of mod i'd like to be.
To start, I'd be glad to help out on NG, due to lack of Flash or Audio equipment.

I suppose I'd like to be a review mod, due to the amount of stuff that can be overlooked because nobody's around to point out the bad. Not to say that it should be that easy, but even so, it shouldnt be overlooked. I know what's abusive, and can help those who havent quite got a handle on it.

Next, in a close tie, comes being a BBS mod. I mean, banning dorks would be fun and all, but it's not like these dorks are really hampering a BBS experience. I'd like to help more than I would like to be an idiot handler.

As for the other two categories, I dont know enough about music to be able to judge it, and I havent heard much of a user committing an icon transgression.

[WWE Fans][XBL: PissedMexicans][Toonami Aftermath]

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-11 19:52:02 Reply

Hmm, I've never seen this thread before.

How odd.

I'd be a pretty good mod. I come here decently often. I know when someone is breaking the rules. I'm not a horrible person, I'm fair and honest. That said, I don't think you need another mode right now. I barely see any problems in the BBS. Either this means that the users are just being really good, or everything is deleted or locked so quickly due to your abundance of mods. I'd really appreciate being a mod, and I'd go into way more detail if I thought the BBS needed another one, but it just does not.

I'm only ever banned for backseat modding. If I was modded, I'd be frontseat backseat modding.

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
jds74
jds74
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-11 19:54:40 Reply

Icon mod
you have no real power, but it actually sounds pretty fun, and not tedious at all.
no sarcasm, just checking out the icons.

loads of fun.

Snipers get more head

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 20:27:42 Reply

When it all comes down to it, I would actually like being an Icon Moderator.

1) Icon Mod: I have a strong taste for graphics. I have been a regular contributor to the Icon Helpers when I have a chance. I see lots of iconless submissions, or even wonderful submissions which have a really pixely icon. I would love to help out others by giving them a nice shiny icon, or get rid of those 'unsuitable' icons (I have already helped make an icon for the popular video Fågelskrämman).

I make sure that I come on Newgrounds at least once every day. I usually get up around 6:30AM (Eastern Standard Time) before I head off to school. When I get home around 3:00PM I come on Newgrounds and hang out in the forums, and watch/vote/review new videos. I probably spend a good hour or so on Newgrounds each day. This is a wonderful site and I always feel proud that I am a member of it. Being a mod would take it one step further :)

Other Choices"
2) Review Mod: I try to give the most positive and constructive reviews that I can. I really dislike it when users come up to a wonderful submission, and just trash it, requesting BLAMs and such. I can't stand those abusive reviews, so it would be great being able to help filter those out.

3) Forum Mod: About a year ago I have started to take a liking to the Newgrounds Forums. I enjoy posting, helping users out in the Flash section, and try to direct people when they are confused.

4) Audio Mod: My last choice. I am a lover of music, but I have not gotten around to making some music myself. I don't think I would be suitable for the job, seeing that I am not an audio artist ^_^

I plan on going back to making some more icons after I finish my various projects. I am looking forward to the Contributions page to see just how much I really have contributed!

-Mattster

X-TERRORIST-X
X-TERRORIST-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 20:44:54 Reply

In the future I would like to become, drum roll please, a BBS Moderator!

While I enjoy reviewing very much, like making icons, and make and listen to music, I feel the aspect of Newgrounds where I spend the most time is the BBS.

At this current time I am qualified for the position in some ways, and in some ways I am not. Firstly, I think I am because I put thought and effort into my posts, try to help out the community, and spend roughly two - three hours a day lurking and posting. I would have time to help out the forums and I know the rules to perform those tasks.

On the downside, I have only been here for two years. There are a lot of people looking for such a position who have been a member of the community for much longer. I concede that that puts them a head of me for the position. Also, I only have roughly 1,600 posts at the moment. While that is a decent amount, it is no where near the amount I see most of the BBS moderators having.

So overall, I think I would be good for the position, even though I most likely won't get it in the near future. Hopefully, within the next few years, if I continue my current habits and continue to help out the community I will be seriously considered for the job of BBS moderator.

Until than, please keep my name in mind when contemplating new mods.

Thanks!

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature
cimbles
cimbles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 20:47:06 Reply

1. Reveiw mod
2. Forum mod
3. Icon mod
4. Audio mod

my fridge is better than yours! it has a water/ice dispenser

BBS Signature
cimbles
cimbles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 20:48:38 Reply

At 5/13/09 08:47 PM, cimbles wrote: 1. Reveiw mod
2. Forum mod
3. Icon mod
4. Audio mod

I want to be a review mod because I think I know when a reveiw is abusive or not.
I am on Newgrounds anytime my computer is turned on, so I have way more spare time than I need.

my fridge is better than yours! it has a water/ice dispenser

BBS Signature
billowillo
billowillo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 21:00:10 Reply

1. Forum Mod - Id choose this because im active on these forums whenever im on the computer, which is around 14 hours a day( you might say NO LIFE, but i say AWESOME LIFE =D ), even more on weekends. even though i dont post much, i am on here a ton just browsing.

2. Review mod - I also spend a ton of time playing the barely submitted games and i love reading the review on them all, plus all the top games. I have a good sense of ethics, i know what needs to be deleted and what doesnt. unlike most people im familiar with the rules ( although i do have to be honest, i dont write the best reviews sometimes) i do know what they are though.

I also have experience being a forum mod over at GHF ( site is shutdown sadly enough) but i was a mod there for 6 or so months.

Though i really doubt id be chosen for a mod since im not the most active person here, it would be an amazing privilege and i would definately use it wisely.

BBS Signature
Tooby
Tooby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 21:03:00 Reply

Forum mod, I nevver post but i'm always on the forums

aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 21:04:51 Reply

I think I would be a good review mod,

I have 200 plus reviews my most recent being pretty decent, (read them). I also have a gold whistle so I know what abusive reviews look like.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
Slain
Slain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 21:05:11 Reply

I'd want to be a forum mod because I kinda hate you all.

Originality isn't original.
Gamertag - Ghost SJB

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 21:06:31 Reply

I'd like to be a mod, but when I actually EARN that right.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
ngman7
ngman7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-13 21:22:06 Reply

Forum mod. I'd call people out on what they post but I'd be nice about it.

jakenator85
jakenator85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Reader
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-31 23:55:13 Reply

Most definatley, review moderator.
Every day, when I'm at the flash portal, any 5 that I watch and rate, I also review. I don't just review it, but whether or not I even give it a low score, I tell the artist where they need improvment, and where they are doing just fine. I also go through the reviews (that is, if it is saved, and not blammed) and mark any of the reviews accordingly. If it lists the pros and cons like I do, I mark it as helpful. If it says somethind like "lol, this is originals" I mark it as useless. And, if it says something like "omFg, go rape a blam and go f**k yourself in the process" I mark it as abusive. So, I am not only helping the flash, I am also helping the review space. I do this every day.

My second choice, icon moderator
Every now and then, I visit the iconhelpers page, watch a few flashes (I try to do at least 10) and make a good icon that isn't a picture relevent to the name, but is a screenshot of a moment in the flash. (On my computer, I do this by pressing the print screen__sysrq button, then cropping out a section using MSpaint, then shrinking it to 46x46 and re-coloring if necessary). I see the number of how many flashes have icons and how many don't and personally, I think it's pretty disappointing. If I were an icon moderator, I would contribute a little bit of my time, every day, approving icons and shaping up the flashes.

My third choice (you probably could've guessed it), BBS moderator
It's not every day when I'm on the Forums, but whenever I'm done voting on 5 flashes, I quickly go to the BBS and see what's going on. Sometimes, I post on other people's posts, sometimes (not that often) I'll start my own thread. Whenever I do start a new thread, I always make sure the title is relevent, it is more than 5 words, and is not in all caps. When i go to other posts, if it is breaking any rules, I point them out like if it has already been done before, I post a link to the original post. If it is NSFW, I usually send the link to a moderator. I do my best to help out regulars and current moderators.

I am not posting here due to power hunger, I really think I can help out on newgrounds and I really want to see a difference in the reviews, icons, or BBS. Like Ghandi said, "You have to be the change you wish to see". Whenever I'm on newgrounds, on Mon-Thu (unless I have off from school on any of those days) I'm on for about 2-3 hours. But on any day I have off from school, I'll be on for hours on end.

Elios
Elios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-31 23:59:49 Reply

Seeing that a few people have suggested that i would make a good forum moderator, i guess i would take the job if it was offered to me.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature
wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-05-31 23:59:58 Reply

I would like to reserve a spot for a chat mod.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
jmalouin7
jmalouin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-01 00:01:53 Reply

At 5/31/09 11:59 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: I would like to reserve a spot for a chat mod.

I disagree with this, cause you are not active, or have accounts in ether of the 2 chat's we have substituting for the NG CHAT.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature
wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-01 19:57:32 Reply

At 6/1/09 12:01 AM, jmalouin7 wrote:
At 5/31/09 11:59 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: I would like to reserve a spot for a chat mod.
I disagree with this, cause you are not active, or have accounts in ether of the 2 chat's we have substituting for the NG CHAT.

I have an account on stickam. so shut your mouth. and, I KNOW I will be on chat a LOT.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
thelittleemo
thelittleemo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-01 20:05:55 Reply

At 5/31/09 11:59 PM, Elios wrote: Seeing that a few people have suggested that i would make a good forum moderator, i guess i would take the job if it was offered to me.

I agree that you would be a good forum mod. A lot of people know you and you've been here for a while. The only thing I think that wouldn't make you a forum mod is that you don't have that much post.

Shut up already.

BBS Signature
jakenator85
jakenator85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Reader
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-05 23:26:41 Reply

At 5/31/09 11:55 PM, jakenator85 wrote: Most definatley, review moderator.
Every day, when I'm at the flash portal....

sorry about the wrong link. i hate to have posted twice, but i feel it is necessary to fix it. flash portal

that's what i meant
ngfan14
ngfan14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-05 23:32:48 Reply

I don't follow the rules enough to be a forum mod. But I would love to be a review mod. I always hate reading abusive reviews. <:(

Last.FM | I like comments. :3 | Awesome sig made by Life-Stream

BBS Signature
peyoteclock
peyoteclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-05 23:35:43 Reply

i would permaban 95% of the ngbbs users

HappyYeti
HappyYeti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-05 23:39:05 Reply

have literally hours and hours of free time and would quite like to be a reveiw mod (i might like to be a forum mod but i don't know most of the rules) and i've learnt alot about bad reveiws and abusive reveiws...

Sincerely
The Happy Yeti

I do Art. I also have a Gaming Site

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-06-05 23:44:10 Reply

To be completely honest, its a maybe. I'm not sure if I would know what I'm doing and lock and delete the right threads, or just fuck everything up. When I say "right" I mean "joke" threads. I'm sure It be fun though.

I have some free time though, but who knows. Doesn't seem like you need any right now anyway :P

just wanted to share that with yeah

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
Excursius
Excursius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-07-06 20:38:50 Reply

definately fourm mod. even though I'm still kindof late to post on this thread and probably won't be able to get a moderator status, I just thought that I'd try. always thought it'd be cool to help out around NG, no matter if it is a big or small help. it'd be cool.

BBS Signature