00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,832,194 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 14:51:18

Neon genesis does have a complex storyline, for example,the Angels are alternate forms of humanity,which seek lillith,the giver of life,while the Evangelions,clones of adam,the first human try to prevent the various angels from reaching their goal,using the Absolout Terror field,not known to man but the feild that keeps your mind seperate from others,which will erode if lillith comes in contact with the angels or adam, which is why SEELE made the evangelions,to initiate this erosion by merging one of them with lillith, to "re-build" the human race(third impact) contrary to Gendo Ikari's plan to initiate third impact so he can re-unite with his wife,who had perrished in second impact, (when SEELE had tried to shrink adam into an embreonic form for transportation and genetic experiments.Gendo had adam implanted in his hand so that he could initiate third impact by berging it with Rei, the first child(first Evangelion pilot) who his a clone of Yuri Ikari,Shinji's mother,with the synthesised soul of lillith.
Each evangelion has the soul of the parents mother absorbed into it,as it is a clone of a human without a soul, EVA 00 has Ritsuko's mother(the cheif programmer of the EVA project)which is why Rei allways has trouble piloting it,while EVA 01 has Yuri's soul in it and EVA 02 has Asuka's mother's soul in it, which is why half way through the series Asuka loses her sunc ratio with it, because she has deep seeded isues with her mothers suicide (she went crazy when she lossed her soul to EVA 02).

So there. not complex enough for you? I could go into further detail !

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:04:06

At 8/12/05 02:51 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: The last sentance was a spoiler! When you have a spoiler always put.

****Spoiler warning****

[Insert Spioler here]

*****End Spoiler****

Damn it. I forgot...
Sorry, I'll use the Spoiler Banners when the need arises next time.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:06:31

At 8/12/05 02:51 PM, willman74656 wrote: So there. not complex enough for you? I could go into further detail !

Don't bother. I know all of this already.

I don't understand why you see "Symbolisms" as complex though. It's just something or someone representing another thing. That's all there is to it.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:10:19

Its not the symbolisms that are complex, but the nature in which the story line is revealed to you in the epesodes,in fragments ,not as a straight line , like european animation.

Also, it is my favourite show, and I believe that it is the best,but you are entitled to your opinion.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:16:30

At 8/12/05 03:10 PM, willman74656 wrote: Its not the symbolisms that are complex, but the nature in which the story line is revealed to you in the epesodes,in fragments ,not as a straight line , like european animation.

Except for the OVA and Movie, though. They dropped the ball there which probably dropped my feelings towards it as well.

Also, it is my favourite show, and I believe that it is the best,but you are entitled to your opinion.

No shit it's my opinion. Who else's opinion would it be?
I'm not saying it's bad. It's good, but there are much better ones out there which don't need all this Religious Referencing and "Confuse the hell out of the viewers" methods.

Complex doesn't make a cartoon good. Heck, Turn-A Gundam has a much more simplistic storyline with a strong Anti-War moral. That moral and how they portray it is what makes it good.

I can rant on, but I'll leave it for a later time.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:24:03

At 8/12/05 03:16 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/12/05 03:10 PM, willman74656 wrote: Its not the symbolisms that are complex, but the nature in which the story line is revealed to you in the epesodes,in fragments ,not as a straight line , like european animation.
Except for the OVA and Movie, though. They dropped the ball there which probably dropped my feelings towards it as well.

I'm not saying it's bad. It's good, but there are much better ones out there which don't need all this Religious Referencing and "Confuse the hell out of the viewers" methods.

Complex doesn't make a cartoon good. Heck, Turn-A Gundam has a much more simplistic storyline with a strong Anti-War moral. That moral and how they portray it is what makes it good.

I agree with you there,the movie(s) had NO story line, but seriously, you cant just write of a method of story telling as cheating(not your exact words,but the implication).
If you can so easily discard a legitimate writing style like this , then you must be one boring flash animator.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:49:24

At 8/12/05 03:24 PM, willman74656 wrote: I agree with you there,the movie(s) had NO story line, but seriously, you cant just write of a method of story telling as cheating(not your exact words,but the implication).

I'm not, though. The storywriting was just not as good as I hoped it would be.

If you can so easily discard a legitimate writing style like this , then you must be one boring flash animator.

Damn it Willman. I am NOT discarding their style or the series in question. I like Evangelion, it's just that I don't consider it "Best" due to its less-than-appealing Movie and OVA sequels/Spinoffs.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:54:25

I see what you mean ,but the storyline is still more complex than all european cartoons and most animes (how the hell do you spell the plural of anime?). Thats all I was trying to say.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 15:56:59

BTW WTF is haro?
just wondering

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 17:06:39

On the subject of symbolism, does anyone here know how much Symbolism is used in FLCL? A whole bunch, from the Giant Medical Mechanica factory that's shaped like an iron, to the entire robots coming out of the head thing. Did you know that there are two reasons robots come out of Naota's head? One is of course because the N.O. Channel is in his head, bt the other reason is because its Naota's repressed sexual and romantic feelings he has for the females he interacts with on a daily basis. These apply to Raharu, Mamimi, and Ninamori. Bet you didn't know that.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 17:10:11

Ive never seen FLCL, but I saw the trailers,it looked O.K. but not something I would go out of my way to watch, is it good?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 17:37:46

At 8/12/05 05:06 PM, Renewman wrote: Bet you didn't know that.

Of course we knew that, we are the Anime Club. There are also symbols that are about to kinds of people: people who eat spicey foods, people who like sour, and people who "swing the bat". Swinging the bat is just a symbol for growing up and taking action, which is why Mamimi was depressed when she said Naota swung the bat, because he is growing up. Also red Canti symbolizes Naota's older brother, with the jacket and patting Mamimi on the head. Also, the metal bat murder happened with some real Japanese kids.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 18:03:05

I know this is a hasty subject change here, but has anybody seen "Bleach"? I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but i'm not flipping through 1000+ pages of posts to find out. It's a pretty good series. It's being aired in japan now, so you can only get fan-translated versions from torrents, Bleach 7 is a relatively good site that has links to all the torrents. Tell me what you think.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 18:22:34

At 8/12/05 03:56 PM, willman74656 wrote: BTW WTF is haro?
just wondering

I think you made harofreak mad. Haro are those little green ball robots all over his sig. I'm not clear on their origin on gundam, but they appear in many gundam series. BTW I want to know if I can change my ID to Tetsuo from Akira.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 18:30:00

At 8/12/05 12:26 AM, -noir- wrote: I really, really hope that 4Kids doesn't butcher Naruto for a younger audience. The show isn't meant for rabid 7 year olds with short attention spans and little understanding of how deep its characters are.

The plot would be killed.

As mentioned before Naruto's plot in simple and the characters are one dimensional..........O and it is meant for 7 year olds. Of course you'll say I don't understand it or say it isn't for children because of it's "violence" which is very childish.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 18:33:38

At 8/12/05 12:39 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: i believe that 4kids exists so that parents can say that thier kids are not watching smut filled, violent, vulgar anime. you know how parents get. they see theyre kids go and beat up others in school, make fun of nerds, damage things, etc. etc. and they dont want to have to actually parent, so they let their tv do the babysitting. but then they see their kids watching some anime where a character says "damn!", or smokes, or takes a punch, or uses a gun and suddenly theyre all like "oh no! my kids being violent not because of my poor parenting, but because a drawing on tv showed then something that i dont want to admit is in almost every single movie and tv show out there! im outraged!" suddenly, 4kids is started up and now any anime that they get their slimy claws on gets butchered, mutilated, dipped in sugar glaze and peddled out to everyone as "fit for all ages".

and thats why i think 4kids exists.

Unfortunately almost all the anime they get their hands on was intended for all audiences. Besides I've seen all the anime they have licensed unedited it isn't much worse than it is edited. I'm not sure what you mean they mutilate the animes they license none of them are bad at all. Now if someone edited Gantz for TV......................

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 18:35:22

At 8/12/05 12:59 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: apparently they havent updated theyre list in a long, long time. truthfully, i dont think any official members, let alone the head member, are even on anymore. ive been waiting to hear the official "your in" for like two days now and i know ive beaten all the requirements, so i dont know whats holding them up...

....................I'm an official member and am listed on the website

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 18:41:34

i just saw an anime i never saw before it was awsome o_O it was called maburaho

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 18:50:29

At 8/12/05 02:35 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/12/05 02:30 PM, willman74656 wrote: Neon Genesis Evangelion is the greatest anime show on this planet,but most people are put off by its complex storyline through the episodes,not to mention the 'cancelled' movie,which they decided didnt work
This is obviously wrong.

Evangelion is a good show, but it certainly is NOT the best. Simply because there is no "Best".

Gainax's Masterpiece? Maybe competing between "Gunbuster" and "Nadia Secret of Blue Water"...

Complex Storyline? It's not too complicated asides from many Religious references in many points of the story. Heck, it's even self-stated that "End of Evangelion" is a movie animated out of revenge against those who sent "Hate Mail" to Gainax, hence the "Hate Mail" flashing in and out of the screen in one scene.

First off Evangelion is STILL one of the most popular animes to date. Secondly your an idiot Gunbuster or Nadia!!!??? how about an o so familiar title which is excellent it's called Wing of Honneamise. When really thought about Evangelion is VERY complex and can be talked about for hours. Besides I'm sure you didn't know

*************SPOILER****************EVANGE
LION******BEGIN

The whole series is a flashback and all that's happening in the present is EOE. Also I'm sure you didn't know that none of this is really happening and from what I believe Shinji is sort of recapping what happened in his "real life" to you in each episode. I believe the whole world is just in his head. The characters from Evaneglion are constructed a lot better than a lot of animes I've seen.
******************SPOILER*****************
EVANGELION*****END

Lastly, EOE WAS NOT MADE FOR REVENGE AGAINST HATE MAIL. There is no way Gainax poured a couple million into EOE just because of Anno being attacked. It is also evident that EOE was in Anno's head in the beginning but because of his budget decided against making it really poorly.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 19:00:51

At 8/12/05 02:51 PM, willman74656 wrote: Neon genesis does have a complex storyline, for example,the Angels are alternate forms of humanity,which seek lillith,the giver of life,while the Evangelions,clones of adam,the first human try to prevent the various angels from reaching their goal,using the Absolout Terror field,not known to man but the feild that keeps your mind seperate from others,which will erode if lillith comes in contact with the angels or adam, which is why SEELE made the evangelions,to initiate this erosion by merging one of them with lillith, to "re-build" the human race(third impact) contrary to Gendo Ikari's plan to initiate third impact so he can re-unite with his wife,who had perrished in second impact, (when SEELE had tried to shrink adam into an embreonic form for transportation and genetic experiments.Gendo had adam implanted in his hand so that he could initiate third impact by berging it with Rei, the first child(first Evangelion pilot) who his a clone of Yuri Ikari,Shinji's mother,with the synthesised soul of lillith.
Each evangelion has the soul of the parents mother absorbed into it,as it is a clone of a human without a soul, EVA 00 has Ritsuko's mother(the cheif programmer of the EVA project)which is why Rei allways has trouble piloting it,while EVA 01 has Yuri's soul in it and EVA 02 has Asuka's mother's soul in it, which is why half way through the series Asuka loses her sunc ratio with it, because she has deep seeded isues with her mothers suicide (she went crazy when she lossed her soul to EVA 02).

So there. not complex enough for you? I could go into further detail !

First off periods are your friend please use them. Also your an idiot because you didn't put the spoiler signs up. Lastly

SPOILER*****************EVANGELION********
*BEGIN

Evangelions are not clones of Adam, the Absolute Terror Field or AT field is obviously understood by humans and Lilith is only the giver of life to humans. Adam was not a human he is an angel but has been put into embryo form and is in Gendo's hand. Gendo's wife didn't die in Second Impact, she died while testing the prototype for Unit 01 the is why her soul is trapped inside it. Lilith destroys AT fields instantly because it has a stronger AT field. Rei doesn't have a soul and Gendo doesn't want to merge her with Adam becuase Adam is the life scource of the angels. To put it simply they exist because Adam wants to be found. I'm really not sure about your idea that Ritsuko's mother is in Eva 00 then again this isn't referred to in the show at all. I also question the idea of Asuka's mother being inside Eva 02. Also Evangelion can be summed up in like 3 or 4 sentences so yeah.

SPOILER**************EVANGELION***********
*****END

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 19:04:48

At 8/12/05 03:16 PM, HaroFreak wrote:

Honestly I didn't find Eva that confusing and come on it has plenty of morals. I really think Eva is a more personal show then the majority of anime so that makes it unique plus it influences a big heap of animes, can't beat that.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 19:14:40

Dudeman, you do relize you just did a triple and quadruple post, right?!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 19:18:20

At 8/12/05 07:14 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Dudeman, you do relize you just did a triple and quadruple post, right?!

anybody can make a mistake just not sure how you can accidentally 3X poste with completely diffrent sentences that or he was to mad to care?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 19:43:28

some body posted in my anime forum and posted nothing but lemon party may i ask was it somebody from here cause this is were i poste the most >:(

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 21:16:51

At 3/22/03 02:47 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote:
i join only if you can aser these 2 questions:
1)in megaman,what is the japanese name of Bass?
2)from what anime is this caracter?
Forte,Cardcaptors
WHAT?!
you KNOW that?!
........okay,like i promised,i will join...
i think i'm #6.

I really want to join i would be greatful if i could i am new to anime

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 21:35:24

I'm going to change my character

I will now be Pazu from Laputa castle in the sky

1 laputa castle in the sky
2 Spirited away
3 Princess mononoke
4 My neighbour totoro
5 Nausicaa of the valley of the wind

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 23:15:03

At 8/12/05 03:54 PM, willman74656 wrote: I see what you mean ,but the storyline is still more complex than all european cartoons and most animes (how the hell do you spell the plural of anime?). Thats all I was trying to say.

I think the plural of "Anime" is simply "Anime". After all, it' s a Japanese word.

It is true that Neon Genesis Evangelion is more complex than most European and North American made cartoons. But then, it's pretty much a statement of the obvious wasn't it?

I personally prefer the complexity of Gungrave or perhaps some parts of the Gundam UC timeline, partly because of how it affects the Viewer and not just the characters hence making it feel "Living".

Like as MAHQ said about 0080:

=======SPOILER================
In Gundam Wing, hundreds of people die. It means nothing.
In 0080, one character dies. It means everything.
That's how a Gundam series should be.
========END SPOILER============

On the other hand, the Soundtrack of Evangelion is only half-decent.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 23:26:00

To answer an earlier question, yes every anime fan should see FLCL because its one of the greatest ones ever made. Also, contrary to what people have heard, Red Canti IS NOT a symbol of Naota's older brother. It was a symbol of Naota using Atomsk powers to grow up and become the man he is supposed to be. If you do not believe me, watch the Director's Commentary on Episode Two of the FLCL DVD.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-12 23:33:54

At 8/12/05 07:04 PM, Dudeman05 wrote: Honestly I didn't find Eva that confusing and come on it has plenty of morals. I really think Eva is a more personal show then the majority of anime so that makes it unique plus it influences a big heap of animes, can't beat that.

Evangelion only seems complex due to references to the Book of Revelations. It make a lot of sense to those who have read it over a few times since those references come together similarly.

Influences lots? You know that Evangelion is also influenced by an even older show? It's called "Ideon".

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-13 01:03:26

Well, I've just finished all of the Naruto anime up to date. Looks like I'll be on my toes every week, waiting for a translated release. :/

Back to Bleach.

BBS Signature