00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boombaclattering just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,843,961 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 22:29:02

At 9/15/07 02:17 PM, supyohos123 wrote: Fuck Sasuke! He should have been stabbed with a LINOLEUM KNIFE in the first episode he was introduced in.

Mastodon, lol.

Also, second NS /A/ meetup went well, many hours of faggotry, Guitar Hero and anime. I am now officially addicted to Scrapped Princess and re-addicted to Slayers....

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 23:28:49

Can I join?

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 23:36:19

At 9/15/07 11:28 PM, SpaxClock wrote: Can I join?

Sure thing.

1. Five favourite animes and a sentence or two about each.
2. What kind of anime do you dislike?
3. What got you into anime?

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 23:45:33

Favorite demographic:seinen
Favs:TOKKO,noein,Macross plus,Ninja Nonsense,Cowboy bebop.
TOKKO IS VIOLENT,noein is very unpredictable,MP is a mecha anime(robots are cool),ninja nonsense is very humorous,cowboy bebop is very compelling.
Hates:Naruto,Most shonens.
I was always a fan of cartoons,but anime is well drawn.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 23:47:36

At 9/15/07 11:45 PM, SpaxClock wrote: Macross plus,Ninja Nonsense

Oh my fucking God, I love you.

MP and NN are so terribly underrated and unloved.

Welcome to the club, my friend.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 23:51:53

Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-15 23:58:22

At 9/15/07 11:51 PM, SpaxClock wrote: Thank you.

Just a note, please avoid making posts shorter than seven words in length.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 02:14:09

Just got Hellsing Ultimate 2 on DVD. This proves that Jan Valentine is a badass motherfucker.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 02:29:08

Hi guys. I just recently bought Volume 6 of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga at Hairy Tarantula yesterday. I'm planning on reading it on Monday.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 11:03:57

At 9/16/07 02:14 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Just got Hellsing Ultimate 2 on DVD. This proves that Jan Valentine is a badass motherfucker.

Speaking of which, Hellsing II was on NS /A/'s schedule yesterday.

It sadly didn't get as big a reaction as Hellsing I did (likely because Kim, our resident Walter fangirl, wasn't there), but it did start a discussion about how Alucard has thus far proven to be absolutely unkillable and why (quoth Adam "SPF 500 sunblock, big jacket, huge fucking hat, EVEN THEN SUN WON'T KILL HIM!").

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 11:14:38

The only shonen I could stand watching is BOBOBO-BO-BO-BOBO

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 12:03:48

At 9/16/07 11:14 AM, SpaxClock wrote: The only shonen I could stand watching is BOBOBO-BO-BO-BOBO

Hates shonen series, loves Bo7 and other underrated series...

Man, this new kid is shaping up to be one of the most awesome users we've had join in a while.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 13:09:56

At 9/16/07 12:10 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 9/16/07 02:29 AM, LordKooler wrote: Hi guys. I just recently bought Volume 6 of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga at Hairy Tarantula yesterday. I'm planning on reading it on Monday.
Oh for the love of god......will please stop buying fantastic reading material for once in your life?

Also your right Gendo, this new member is by far making the best first impression ever. For once...someone who doesn't list a Shonen jump series as there favorite...

That makes me feel bad :P When I signed up, I think I only really ever saw five animes in my life, so I HAD to list some shonen jump crap. I thought it was good, until I saw that there are much much better fish in the ocean.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 13:53:54

At 9/16/07 01:22 PM, Mendou wrote::

Speaking of which, why don't we post our top ten favorite animes again? not for joining requirements but just for the hell of it.

Just post 10? Sure.

1. Berserk. Has to be my favorite anime of all time. Just the super violence of it all, the engaging plot, and the dynamic characters.
2. Trigun. Number two was a hard spot for me because I have a lot of anime loves, but Trigun won out. A funny main character combined with several funny support characters and great villains make this anime an epic to behold.
3. Cowboy Bebop. Do I need to say anything? Spike has to be my all time favorite anime hero and his crew just make me laugh.
4. Dragonball. Back before the episodes were 20 minutes of charging and 5 minutes of fighting, this series owned my life.
5. FLCL. Wacky characters, a crazy plot, giant robots, gun fights, guitar violence, great music, what more do I need say?
6. Naruto. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy watching the American show just for the ninja action alone. The manga is probably one of my biggest vices, though.
7. One Piece. Just the manga. I love the characters and all of their weird powers.
8. Bleach. It has it's moments.
9. Beet the Vandel Buster. My friend got me into this manga and I fell ion love with it. The sheer idea of being a monster fighting mercenary makes me all happy inside.
10. Tenchi Muyo. It makes me laugh and the chicks are hot.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 15:26:44

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: What can I say? I'm a fanboy. Great deep series, and though it does have mixed feelings, I think it definitely can't be beat in my head. I'm really into psychology, and I'm probably going to base my career off of it once I'm out of school. This show also has taught me a few things about life, and has helped shape the person I am now...believe it or not, I really think it has affected me.

2. Paranoia Agent: Another psychological anime, with great twists. This also made Satoshi Kon one of my favorite anime directors....very deep, and it always had me trying to think about what's really going on...what's really real, and what this has to do with that damn dog. I'm going to have to rewatch it again, because I didn't take it seriously until it started getting really messy. Has a great message to it...it also has affected me, at least a bit.

3. Gundam: The grand-daddy of anime for me. The first anime I watched that I liked on my own....not something I was just following, or just watching for the hell of it...I was late for some school activity when Endless Waltz came out, because I refused to get up from watching it. Not only did it have a deep meaning to it, which I sort of understood as a kid, it had the coolest thing to me: Huge robots, fucking each other up. This strongly influenced me as a child, and I was pretty much obsessed with it...when trying to look back at the series, I got into anime.

4. Cowboy Bebop: An action anime that doesn't bore me during the action. Those are pretty rare....I just recently watched all of it, so yeah it never had a chance to influence anything. I seriously loved this show...amazingly great characters, and always room for a laugh. It was very deep, but yet still light hearted...definitely something unique, and I've never seen anything like it before....though according to Gendo, Black Lagoon will be similar. I also loved how the music mixed in, and the theme song is opening new windows for different music...I only liked some certain genres, and thought all others were just decent...now I'm starting to get into Jazz.

5. Death Note: A great anime, that would be higher on my list if it didn't sort of die towards the end. This one really had me thinking, and had me going "ohhhh, so THAT'S how he did it!" or "That's what he had planned!" and had me thinking of different ways Light could have changed his plans to make it work perfectly....I was seriously going over his little mistakes. This one really had me thinking....also, Ryuk is one of my favorite characters in any anime....his voice, his antics, his everything...always have me laughing, and always have me "ohhh" 'ing. The live action movies were pretty good too.

6. Big O: Another mech anime, yeah....another anime where the action doesn't bore me, and one with an amazingly deep story, that you really can't see at first glance. This also influenced me when I was younger, and had me getting more into anime....it's one of the first shows that had me thinking, rather than just watching. It had much meaning behind it, and is fairly unique....it would be higher on my list if it was continued. Sadly, it only had its second season because Adult Swim payed for it...then they thought "Fuck it, people like it too much" and never payed for a third season. This was never popular in Japan because it was broadcasted on networks that not many people watch....well, at least that's what I heard. This also had its laughing moments mixed in, and I'm still hoping that something will happen and we'll get a third season. Also, has the best villain ever...Shwarzvald, or I think his name was Michael Seebach. Definitely a great character, that has a bit of meaning behind him other than "Muahahahaha, I want to transform cats into monsters!" or something stupid like that.

7. Perfect Blue: A great psychological thriller. Really amazing story, that always has you wondering what's real, and what's not. You think you know what's going on, then all of a sudden something happens, and you don't know what's happening....but you just can't stop watching the out of control train wreck, until it's finally crashed. Definitely had me on the edge of my seat, and when I figured out what was really going on, it felt as if I got slapped. Another work by the genious Satoshi Kon...it's not higher on the list because I don't like it as an anime...I like it as a movie overall.

8. Elfen Lied: I consider this series a horror movie, with a meaning behind it. I really liked it...the art was great, they weren't scared of going too far (Something I usually complain about in anime's is how they are too scared to go to far and get bad ratings) and it still had a message behind it. The dub wasn't really the best, but it's all good...it had some great characters, that I personally liked...and the action was pretty nice too, though it still wasn't the best. A lot of people say that this show is reliant on the fan service, and on the violence...I usually forget about the violence and fan service a few seconds after it was shown, and start thinking about the show again...and I still was able to keep interest. It's a great punch to the face type message, and I love it.

9. Rozen Maiden: A great original idea, with a dark story, that still mixes much comedy in with it. This actually had me feeling for the characters, and most shows can't do that to me. This is one of the few animes where I feel bad when a character dies, rather than thinking "ok, wonder how this is going to affect everything". The bad characters also had a bit of heart behind them, which isn't really too common. Also one where the action didn't bore me "most" of the time. Nice original fighting ideas, though sometimes I did kinda snore at the fights. The ending fights were great, and I was almost screaming at the screen for Shinku to bash in that bitch's face. A great mix of everything, and definitely a great watch.

10. Bleach: Well, it has its moments. I think it's a very original idea, and I still haven't seen anything that much like it. The characters are great, in my opinion....the fact that they give so much background to them isn't the best thing, but that doesn't change the characters at all. They could have just ended it after the Soul Society arc...instead of using the worst fucking plot device ever, the damn invulnerable transport thingy....most of the bount arc was very boring, until it was ending. Then it got slightly interesting...then the arrancar arc had its chances, but failed. Miserably. I know it's still ongoing, but I think the last episode kind of sealed its fate. About 3/4ths of the episode is of them talking about their last attack, or cheap plot device, and the last 1/4th is of a bit of fighting, then everyone escaping and making the show worthless. I still have yet to see the movie, and I hope it's entertaining. The ONLY reason that this is on my list, is because this is the anime I would always make sure to watch in my free time...I thought the 100 or so more episodes would last me quite a while, so I watched it non-stop. Then when I finally did hit the road block, I had to start looking for more anime's...this kind of boosted me towards better series.

These are probably a bit out of order...some are equal with each other, so really have no particular order, and remember, I'm still watching a lot of the more popular anime's....I still haven't seen a lot, and I'm still getting into it. I'm sure I can name a few that will replace some on the list...that is, if they stay how they are, and don't get any worse. I'm sure I put a wrong anime on there, or one in the wrong spot...but all of these have affected me in some way, or either that are extremely enjoyable to me. My opinions probably will be changed within the next two or three weeks, but this is just how it is now.

Sorry for the long post, you guys know how talkative I am XD.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 16:41:52

At 9/16/07 02:31 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 9/16/07 01:53 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: At 9/16/07 01:22 PM, Mendou wrote::

Speaking of which, why don't we post our top ten favorite animes again? not for joining requirements but just for the hell of it.
Just post 10? Sure.
Eh....well you like Berserk so i'll give you that, not to mention it's not like you ranted about Naruto and Bleach.

You posted about 3 that I forgot about. I loved Hellsing a few years back and G Gundam has to be my favorite part of the Gundam universe.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-16 22:21:45

So were doing our own "Top Ten Favourite Anime." But before I begin, I just like to say that NGE is a decent series, but it fucking sucks dicks for having no ending. Basically this was an excuse for Anno to continue making money off a tired franchise. Also, they never explained everything well in the series "Does Shinji find out that Rei is his mother's clone?" I'm going to avoid putting up the spolier tags; since everyone has already seen EVA. Basically, this is a piss off because Shinji actually comes to terms with himself, and is no longer an insecure faggot. But, it pretty much was all a dream, and this was sort of the "LOL IM GOD" scenario. But, there were awesome moments in the series, like 100% of that was Misato, and Gendo. Also, for the record, Gendo is a pimp since he was fucking Ritsuko. SOMEBODY CUE SOUL EDUCATION PLEASE! Anyway, it's by far one of those must see anime series. You kind of have to see it if you are a true anime fan. Overall, 6.8/10

Now, for my favourite anime:

1. NANA: What can I say, this anime is the most epic love story I've seen. Two girls named Nana with far different personalities try to achieve vastly different goals. Nana Komatsu a girl who has a love complex, and it always ends bad. Then we have Nana Osaki whose desire is to make it big in the rock circut, and surpass her rivals in the successful j-pop group Trapnest. The anime is extremely wonderful, and follows the Manga so well. Infact, I see no differences in between the anime, and the manga; it's so wonderful. However, the opening/ending themes are rather emo. I personally don't mind them, but they are horribly written. Obviously the creator of Nana didn't have a hand in this, because she wrote excellent songs in the live action Nana movie. Other then the really dull, and uninspired theme songs it's a flawless series. 9.9/10

2. Ranma 1/2: Whoever hates this series isn't human, and should die. Those first 4 season were bliss, and it's one of the finest English dubs ever. It would be perfect if the 5th season-7th season didn't become all "Rumiko Takahashi." And begin to lack. However, it's still a damn good series, and has the most cum inducing character ever: Akane Tendo. 9.5/10

3. Ouran High School Host Club: Absolutely hysterical. Crossdressing, and incestial twins; it has everything you can love about an anime. This is a comedy goldmine for the hilarious writing style, and the wonderful cast of characters. Haruhi Fujioka is the daughter of a cross dresser who owes the bizarre Ouran Host Club 8 million ¥en; and must pay it off participating in the activities of the Club. However, no one knew Haruhi was a girl, especially the club's leader Tamaki. So it makes things much more epic. Renge-Chan gives this a 9.25/10

4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Simply, a mind fuck if you watch it in the broadcast order, and don't have an insane logic. the Melancholy is one of those anime that grabs attention, and holds it. I mean, who can love an anime in where the original artist was fired for doujinshi work. Fuck you Kadokawa. Haruhi Suzumiya is a crazed sci-fi otaku, who is a master extortionist on par with Nabiki Tendo. She also happens to be God. Fairly original series, but rather over-rated for the total crazed fans. However, who can hate the Hare Hare Yukai dance? 8.9/10

5. Black Lagoon: Pirates, nazis, and gangs OH MY! Black Lagoon is the new Cowboy Bebop. Great series, amazing dub, and lot of violence. Basically this anime is cumtastic, and has fucking great music in it. EDISON has to be one of the best j-pop bands I've heard in an anime series. 8.87/10

6. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Do I need to make a caser for this? All I have to do is say Dio Brando, and you already know how epic it is. 8.6/10

7. Fushigi Yugi: Epic fantasy series about finding ones true love. Add a few rape, and crossdressing jokes and you've got a wonderful Shojo anime. A 52 episode series, plus 3 OVA'sand alot of episodes in each and it's perfect. 8.4/10

8. Azumanga Daioh: Kimura is the greatest paedophile of all time. 8.3/10

9. Hellsing: A anime about MUHFUGGIN' Dracula in a sexy red coat and a fedora killing fake vampires. That's epic level win. Amazing OVAs and a passible tv series, though Incognito was the worst villian ever. 8/10

10. Claymore: Giant monster-girls with huge swords is a do want. A little generic at times, but it's a fantastic fantasy series. 7.9/10

I DONE!

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-17 00:23:23

At 9/16/07 10:21 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: 8. Azumanga Daioh: Kimura is the greatest paedophile of all time. 8.3/10

Kimura isn't a paedophile.

He likes the more... big breasted of the high school girls, went to teach at the school because he liked 16-18 year old girls, and doesn't like Chiyo.

At 9/16/07 01:22 PM, Mendou wrote: Speaking of which, why don't we post our top ten favorite animes again? not for joining requirements but just for the hell of it.

Top ten again? Well I'll just try and think...

1. Cowboy Bebop
My favourite anime series. It has ridiculous variety in its genre's (action, horror, blaxploitation etc.), it has the greatest soundtrack of any show I've ever seen, and it is one of the most cinematically animated, and best directed cartoon series' I've ever seen. Also, Ed is hands down the best character ever.

2. Paranoia Agent
If the whole series was like the first 2 DVDs, it may even have been first, but it goes a bit downhill after those. It's basically what Death Note should be like; it has mystery, rather than telling the audience absolutely everything there is to know straight off the bat.

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The anachronic episode broadcast may be a little pointless, and more or less a gimick, but it works well enough. The series is a little slow to start, but as it gets on it's quite engaging.

4. Trigun
Entertaining, but would have been a whole lot better without the idiotic humour involved with it. You can have humour without having the characters going into silly little super deformed looks.

5. Samurai Champloo
A prequel to Cowboy Bebop, but a reasonable amount worse. It has the same characters (with no Ed), and the same music thing to it, but it just doesn't work as well. Nonetheless, it is still very good.

6. Hellsing
First half of the series, and the OVAs are good. The second half is rubbish. Also, the English voices annoy me, alot.

7. .Hack//SIGN
Very slow series, but still very good. The art is fantastic, and the music is quite effective, if not a bit loud at points (in relation to the voices). Very interesting storyline, and it really quite surprised me with its lack of action scenes, which was good. I'm sure an anime set in a videogame world would be a lot worse had it focussed on the countless battles people fight.

8. Lucky Star
Despite what a reasonable amount of you would have me believe (even though most of the ones bashing it have seen next to nothing, or even nothing of it, and just go by what they've heard from others), I still enjoy this series. The characters are somewhat interesting, the animation is great, and it is in fact funny (more so as it has gone along, it took me a reasonable while to get into it (before that I was watching because I was curious)).

9. Azumanga Daioh
Another 4-koma, slice of life, schoolgirl anime (I count 3 that I've seen), it has a reasonable amount of repetition, but it's still funny at points.

PENDING NUMBER: Last Exile
Compelling plot, and interesting characters. This anime will gain a number once I finish it, but it's possible it will make it into my top 5.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-17 00:59:37

1. School Days - The series finale is going to air this tuesday. Words cannot describe how anxious I am to see it. This series has to be the best anime I EVER stumbled upon. It's a VERY dramatic love story about a guy falling in love with a girl, getting with her and after a few days - Starts to cheat on her with every other girl in his school. Saying, however, is where the cons of this anime come out. The character's actions are VERY sporadic, most of the time confusing the hell out of the viewer and the relationships are also very odd. I mean, if a someone cheated on you, wouldn't you leave 'em? I mean, maybe with a "sorry" you'll probably reconsider but they don't even get that. Still great, though. I recommend it to everybody who like dramatic anime. :O

2. Mezzo DSA & Forte - Very action-y, with a side of some sexual elements, this anime is also one of the better things I found. The storyline of episodes are very simple, yet effective - It's a group of combat specialists getting payed for hunting/searching for just about anybody. not much more I can say.

3. Umisho (Longer name, but not botherig to spell it all out) - An ecchi. A comedy. A love story.

4. Potemayo - Very cute-ish anime. Very kidsy, too. But I liked it, although I haven't seen the 2 latest episodes, they seem to follow a random story every episode. They're good, though. What Potemayo is, is well, a creature or human of some sort that was born/made in a refrigerator. The kid who found her/it in there at the time was currently eating Potato's and Mayos (or thinking of it, kinda forgot) and that's where the name for it came from. RAWR.

5. Full Metal Alchemist - Nice unique storyline. Very dramatic, as well. Probably one of the few dubbed animes with voice actors that didn't suck. (Alongside with the (original voice actors) of Pokemon and DBZ) Sucks that the anime only went up to 51 episodes. They should've continued it, as the manga did.

I'm only listing five 'cause I don't watch much animes, in general.
I guess you can say I'm not a BIG anime fan, more of a side thing - FAR side thing.
I will watch anything, really. I just don't have the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-17 07:23:41

It's just a couple of weeks until the new (and hopefully improved) One Piece episodes air on Cartoon Network. Funimation's first crack at it, episode 144, will air on Saturday, Sept. 29, and will determine whether or not I hunt down a copy of the Japanese version. The sad thing is that Funimation announced their DVD collection, in English and supposedly unedited Japanese, also starts at #144; the first 12 dozen may be lost forever to the average American consumer.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-17 15:38:08

Hey do you guys think they'll skip the Bount arc in Bleach? I don't know my brother brought it up one day and I've been wondering that myself. Since for some reason in the first Bleach game for the NA they have both Grimm and Ulq. in it.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-17 15:45:18

At 9/17/07 03:38 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: Hey do you guys think they'll skip the Bount arc in Bleach?

Hell fucking no. You see how every other anime series they play right through the fillers. So why skip them with Bleach when there is money to be made?

Not to mention it has a pretty good soundtrack.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-17 19:47:59

If anybody watched it, what do you think of the new Gurren-Lagann episodes.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-18 04:45:51

And with that, Lucky Star is now finished.

The last episode may not have been as final as things like Azumanga Daioh, but it was adequate as an ending, with a vague cliffhanger.

It even went with the whole full-dance thing.

They could probably have a second season if they really wanted to, with it only ending halfway through the year or something, but I don't think they would.

Anime Club

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-18 05:27:49

I finally got around to watching Death & Rebirth, and The End Of Evangelion. Both movies were a joke at best. Death was a fucking clip show, showing all the past clips from the show, and other stuff. Totally useless, since I'm pretty sure everyone who had seen EVA at the time saw the whole series, and already knew the damn plot; a clip show wasn't needed. Rebirth is the story on how Seele betrays NERV, and the part where Shinji masturbates to Asuka. Basically this part is unnecessary since it's shown in the End of Evangelion; so Death and Rebirth was purely created to create money. The only redeemable quality of this is Hideaki Anno recieve very lulzy death threats saying "Anno, I'll Kill You." total shit that fills me with rage. 0/10 for Death And Rebirth. The End of Evangelion begins with rebirth, and actually doesn't stop when the new EVA series is completed, and has to defeat Asuka. Of course, Asuka all renewed, like she found god, and tries to defeat the EVA series. meanwhile, Misato dies trying to get Shinji to EVA 01, and actually kisses him. NOT ONCE DID I NOTICE MISATO PISTOL WHIPPING HIM! Jesus, way to get my hopes up LordKooler. So, Misato dies, Asuka defeats the EVA series, but only to be killed by the same EVA series, and eating alive. Rei and Gendo go to Terminal Dogma, where Ritsuko await to attempt to blow up the Magi system, but fails; due to some bullshit involving her 'mother' betraying her. Pretentious garbage if you ask me. But, this is the part where the questions are answered. Rei is the clone of Yui Ikari, and Lilith the second angel. Shinji goes berserker in Eva 01, and gets crucified in the process. Adding to the whole religious sub context, and ridiculous bullshit of EVA. Gendo fuses the embryonic Adam (the first angel if you're a retard) into Rei. However, this plan doesn't go well when Rei becomes a total angel, and steals Gendo's hand, fuses into Lilith, and starts The Third Impact. So after the fusing of the Longunius Lance into Eva 01, Instrumentally begins. Instrumentally is where all the humans die, and that "Komm Susser Tod" song fucking plays. Everyone sees their most loved ones before they all melt, except the guitar playing nihilist, who is bombarded with Reis; and Gendo is eating by the EVA. At the End, Shinji wakes up on Earth after 3rd Impact, next to a very well alive Asuka, in the exact Rei style bandages from the first Eva episode. I was filled with rage and confusion throughout this movies, and to top it off, it actually won an Japan academy award. For the overall pretentious faggotry, and major flaws in the movie. It only deserves a 3.3/10.

NOW I CAN STOP TALKING ABOUT EVANGELION AND SO CAN YOU!

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-18 08:30:00

At 9/17/07 07:47 PM, supyohos123 wrote: If anybody watched it, what do you think of the new Gurren-Lagann episodes.

Simon? Who's Simon?

Oh I know now, that guy who is second to Kittan.

WHY KITTAN, WHY!? ;_;

Plus Simon's odd yet awesome shades.

At 9/18/07 04:45 AM, Kuro wrote: And with that, Lucky Star is now finished.

Fantastic.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-18 14:59:37

Hey Anime club i made a post on my account page and only got one reply so i have decided to post it where it is important its about my anime series, some of you may remember me posting before. I have been trying to get this off the ground for some time but now i have to time to do more work on it myself and basicly im looking for people to help me. the link is below and i hope the anime club can help me out.

http://theragingdeadstudio.newgrounds.co m/

thanks

.:KayTea:.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-18 15:22:27

At 9/18/07 08:30 AM, Kisuke wrote:
Simon? Who's Simon?

Oh I know now, that guy who is second to Kittan.

WHY KITTAN, WHY!? ;_;

Plus Simon's odd yet awesome shades.

SPOILERS

That's exactly how I thought after this episode. That's one of the coolest deaths in the show next to Kamina's. Boota was actually useful. Who knew?

END SPOILERS

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-18 15:41:02

Any of you folks ever watch the show Medabots? I used to be really into it, but then it stopped being shown on TV. Long story short, I found some episodes of it today and got hooked again.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-18 15:58:29

Does anyone here miss InuYasha?