00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PlayerPanic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,830,702 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 10:15:25

At 7/22/05 12:30 AM, Adio_dude wrote: Has anyone seen Gundam Seed Destiny? If so have you seen episode 38?

Gundam Seed is done,isn't it? The last episode was when the pilot of the Freedom (can't remember his name '^_^) was almost killed but instead killed the masked blonde guy.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 10:40:39

At 7/22/05 12:26 AM, -HyperShadow- wrote: I've only read three Manga's! Volume 2 of Gundam SEED, Volume 1 of Battle Angel Alita, and Shoalin Sisters: Reborn. Does anyone know any other good Mangas? I'm looking for something with action and Drama!

lol Priest is good but it doesn't have that much drama....I can't think of any more

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 10:47:02

At 7/21/05 08:47 PM, -Alucard- wrote:
LOL yes let's edit the movie for TV even though no one has seen the show EXCELLENT!
Actually the movie doesn't have a whole lot of bad content by todays standards. It'll still be somewhat decent.

OMFG..........I was making the point that if they are showing THE Escaflowne film then no one will understand what's going on, who the characters are and know nothing of the plot. I was not saying they will butcher it for TV because frankly it isn't that bad.....ok it's not bad at all except for a little blood *O NO*! I'm still not sure how you could have misunderstood what I was saying but o well. Also about the song Shinji listens to, I'm pretty sure it would be in all the OSTs and I think there were four OSTs but you're probably right with 3. Anyway if anyone else knows anything about the song then please post a reply!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 11:39:57

At 7/22/05 12:26 AM, -HyperShadow- wrote: I've only read three Manga's! Volume 2 of Gundam SEED, Volume 1 of Battle Angel Alita, and Shoalin Sisters: Reborn. Does anyone know any other good Mangas? I'm looking for something with action and Drama!

Hm.. King of Hell is exellent, my first manga series i started. right now its up to 9 i think. and Mar.... if you're into shoujo drama hot gimmick is good. the ragnorok manwa is worth looking at... meh.. i'm just naming what i can think of off the top of my head.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 11:44:46

At 7/22/05 10:15 AM, massacre_kid wrote:
At 7/22/05 12:30 AM, Adio_dude wrote: Has anyone seen Gundam Seed Destiny? If so have you seen episode 38?
Gundam Seed is done,isn't it? The last episode was when the pilot of the Freedom (can't remember his name '^_^) was almost killed but instead killed the masked blonde guy.

Yeah but they made a sequel series to that called Gundam Seed Destiny. It's really cool but i've only seen the first 37 episodes ^_^.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 12:53:57

So, I've been playing Unlimited Saga on PS2, I'm entirely thrilled with it but I dont think I've played long enough to judge it properly. I'll post my thoughts on it on tuesday. BTW, My birthday is tomarrow, So I dont expect to be online. I must go to mall and blow B day cash on things I realy do need... or anime, which ever seems more appealing.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 18:12:27

heres a cool naruto flash I think you guys will like
http://www.newground..m/portal/view/253368

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 20:13:35

At 7/22/05 06:12 PM, secret_toad wrote: heres a cool naruto flash I think you guys will like

that was fun :)

......um spoiler from video nothing really about the story of the actual show lol.......

i especially liked how naruto used the shadow DOPPLE GANGER tech with the guns lmao that was funny :D

end of spoiler of the FLASH toon

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-22 23:48:46

At 7/22/05 10:47 AM, Dudeman05 wrote: I'm still not sure how you could have misunderstood what I was saying but o well.

No, you misunderstood what I said. I said it's not as bad compared to todays standards, meaning that it won't be hacked as badly. MEANING that you will still know who the characters are and what the plot is.

Also about the song Shinji listens to, I'm pretty sure it would be in all the OSTs and I think there were four OSTs but you're probably right with 3.

It's your best bet. I know for a fact it's not on the 1st OST, so it might be on the others, or not on them at all.

At 7/22/05 06:12 PM, secret_toad wrote: heres a cool naruto flash I think you guys will like

Bah, that was bad. The endings to both sucked something awful. The sprites were okay, but with some of the hits there was no blocking or signs of pain. Nor was there anything special in the mix, just fisting and kicking, rather bland and boring IMHO.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 01:34:56

Well I mayed it to level 12, would have happened a while ago...but...i dont always feel like depositing. Now that I have seen a few episodes of FMA, I have to say it is pretty cool. Although I started watching it near the last episodes shown on Adult Swim, so I've got to see the beginning and the ending "so far." In the episodes of One Piece I've seen, they've had fighting, but also a lot of talking, and Sanji's (chef that uses feet if i got wrong name) voice annoys me. That Hawk Eyes Mihawk was pretty cool, with the black sword and everything.

Oh, on FMA when Ed and Al were on the hijacked train, why did Ed use a transmutation circle? I thought he didn't need it, but I think I dont know something yet.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 01:38:52

Meh it was decent! Nothing too special!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 02:42:33

I have just fallen in love with a new manga series... After seeing the animated Erementar Gerad ~Flag of BlueSky~ - Promo, I have fallen in love with it. I will definitely be reading the scanl-...err tankoubons as soon as they are available.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 03:28:44

I'm pretty sure I am the key

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 12:35:43

At 7/23/05 03:28 AM, TheKey wrote: I'm pretty sure I am the key

I'm pretty sure we don't need a spammer like you.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 12:40:44

At 7/23/05 12:35 PM, Kouga-kun wrote: I'm pretty sure we don't need a spammer like you.

That's what Newgrounds is, a spamfest. Good thing I was booted before it turned into shit.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 17:30:13

I've started watching Project A-ko on AZN TV, which used to be International Channel, and I was wondering how much of A-ko's power is held back by her armbands.

**SPOILER**
In episode 3 of the 6-OVA series, A-ko takes off her armbands because they don't match her dress, and in a fight with B-ko her punches generate shockwaves which heavily damage the alien spaceship/amusement park in the center of Graviton City
**END SPOILER**

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 22:33:26

At 7/22/05 11:48 PM, -Alucard- wrote:
At 7/22/05 10:47 AM, Dudeman05 wrote: I'm still not sure how you could have misunderstood what I was saying but o well.
No, you misunderstood what I said. I said it's not as bad compared to todays standards, meaning that it won't be hacked as badly. MEANING that you will still know who the characters are and what the plot is.

Someone said that the Escaflowne movie will be shown on Adult Swim. Now as I recall there is only one and it is pretty much the end of the series from what I hear. It explains the end of the plot with the characters that have been established from the series which goes hand in hand with the movie. I'm not saying it's going to be hcked by American editing at all (it might be for little things) what I'm saying is most people haven't seen Escaflowne so it would be retarded to show the movie since the movie is the end of the series. It's like showing just The End of Evangelion on Adult Swim (this will never happen.) Now do you understand??!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-23 23:39:26

Hey sorry i havent posted in a while i've been on vacation. I'm mad because the One Piece manga only has seven volumes in Borders and Barns and Nobles but there are like 300 episodes.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 01:18:57

At 7/23/05 10:33 PM, Dudeman05 wrote:
At 7/22/05 11:48 PM, -Alucard- wrote:

Someone said that the Escaflowne movie will be shown on Adult Swim. Now as I recall there is only one and it is pretty much the end of the series from what I hear. It explains the end of the plot with the characters that have been established from the series which goes hand in hand with the movie. I'm not saying it's going to be hcked by American editing at all (it might be for little things) what I'm saying is most people haven't seen Escaflowne so it would be retarded to show the movie since the movie is the end of the series. It's like showing just The End of Evangelion on Adult Swim (this will never happen.) Now do you understand??!!

SPOILER******

The Escaflowne movie is not the ending to the series, it's a retelling of the story. There are some big differences between the series and the movie and the movie doesn't get as involved as the series. You don't have to have seen the series to understand the movie.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 01:22:52

Anyone here that is a fan of Azumanga Daioh should check out Yotsuba&. It's by the same creator of Azumanga Daioh and so far the manga is just as funny.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 03:51:45

At 7/24/05 01:22 AM, Vash-The-Stampede wrote: Anyone here that is a fan of Azumanga Daioh should check out Yotsuba&. It's by the same creator of Azumanga Daioh and so far the manga is just as funny.

Sorry I havent been on for ever my computer crashed and I lost every thing on it so mega bummer. And I also recommend Yotsuba. Its quite funny to me. And were has Tink been? I havent seen her around in a while.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 03:56:16

damnit...I've seem to be unable to have any form of comunication...ugh...and I still need to read the shitloads of manga I bought...Time sucks evry now and then.

When the hell did I become level 10? I level whilst being completly inactive, that's how much I rock ! ^^

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 05:46:44

Man this Samurai shamploos episode rocked the mother freaking House.
I mean you really get to like Jean a whole lot more.
Sure their wasnt much action but it showed more emotion which I perfer.
I give it a 10/10
haha!!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 11:59:27

After watching this week's episode of Inuyasha, I've reached a conclusion:

***SPOILER***

I think Bankotsu might be Naraku in disguise or under direct control of Naraku. I have two pieces of evidence to support this claim; First, Naraku's insects took the jewel shards of Kyokotsu and Mukotsu to Bankotsu instead of Naraku. Second, Bankotsu frequently asks his men if Naraku can be trusted, as if he's trying to flush out traitors.

***END SPOILER***

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 13:14:23

At 7/23/05 12:40 PM, Gaignun_Jr wrote: That's what Newgrounds is, a spamfest. Good thing I was booted before it turned into shit.

And yet you still come back. o_O

At 7/23/05 11:39 PM, PopeMasterTheFirst wrote: Hey sorry i havent posted in a while i've been on vacation. I'm mad because the One Piece manga only has seven volumes in Borders and Barns and Nobles but there are like 300 episodes.

Well, in Japan there are 26 Naruto volumes released. (Up to chapter 233) In Shonen Jump they're up to volume 30. (Up to chapter 269) Here in North America, Volume 8 is to be published/released in August. :O

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 15:42:25

At 7/24/05 01:14 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Well, in Japan there are 26 Naruto volumes released. (Up to chapter 233) In Shonen Jump they're up to volume 30. (Up to chapter 269) Here in North America, Volume 8 is to be published/released in August. :O

I guess Translating something to another language takes a long time!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 15:47:08

At 7/24/05 11:59 AM, mr_trivia wrote: After watching this week's episode of Inuyasha, I've reached a conclusion:

***SPOILER***

I think Bankotsu might be Naraku in disguise or under direct control of Naraku. I have two pieces of evidence to support this claim; First, Naraku's insects took the jewel shards of Kyokotsu and Mukotsu to Bankotsu instead of Naraku. Second, Bankotsu frequently asks his men if Naraku can be trusted, as if he's trying to flush out traitors.

***END SPOILER***

darn i missed inu-yasha yesterday >_< i did manage to watch a bit of paranoia agent, which still confuses me,
****spoiler****
i liked that story that one girl was telling aobut lil' slugger being born, it was hilarious...lol
****end spoiler*

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 16:10:49

At 7/24/05 05:46 AM, secret_toad wrote: Man this Samurai shamploos episode rocked the mother freaking House.
I mean you really get to like Jean a whole lot more.
Sure their wasnt much action but it showed more emotion which I perfer.
I give it a 10/10
haha!!!

yeah, I'm also watching them...canal + is playing it...it's good.

When the hell did I become level 10? I level whilst being completly inactive, that's how much I rock ! ^^

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 23:26:23

Question. What anime or manga should i go to next.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-24 23:39:43

At 7/24/05 03:42 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote: I guess Translating something to another language takes a long time!

No, not really. It just takes time to preform edits and getting the text to fit inside the bubbles and cleaning up the images. Plus the legalitys involved, etc...

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature