00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1Her0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,843,390 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 18:26:19

At 9/1/07 06:17 PM, Kuro wrote: Well, I'd say it's a tie between Playstation 1 and Playstation 2.

I must say I do not regret all the money I've shelled out for PS2 games over the years.

I also did not get into the PS1 era stuff until about 04 (I didn't have PS1 back in the day), but when I did, I was enthralled with the games.

Yeah, well it's really more of an issue of Tokyo Red Hood shouldn't be considered guro when Battle Royale isn't, than Battle Royale should be considered guro when Tokyo Red Hood is.

Genre classification is a tricky thing, since it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 18:38:21

At 9/1/07 06:26 PM, Gendo wrote: I must say I do not regret all the money I've shelled out for PS2 games over the years.

I can't think of any PS2 games I actually regret buying, and I have a reasonable amount (I dunno, 20 or something).

Though... I suppose all those ridiculously long RPG's that I haven't completed yet are a bit of a problem.

I also did not get into the PS1 era stuff until about 04 (I didn't have PS1 back in the day), but when I did, I was enthralled with the games.

I got a PS1 around... '97.

Which was good, because it meant I could play through games without spoilers.

(Aeris was a shocker).

Genre classification is a tricky thing, since it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Genre's are just getting ridiculous anyway.

You get genre's, and then you get subgenre's, and then you get sub-subgenre's, etc.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 18:39:19

I finished watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and I'm officially moving on to Black Lagoon. JJBA can only be described as: Epic beyond epic. The reason for this is because lots of gore, death, violence and it actually has a plot. If you don't watch it, you will get a terminal illness.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 18:56:32

At 9/1/07 06:38 PM, Kuro wrote: I can't think of any PS2 games I actually regret buying, and I have a reasonable amount (I dunno, 20 or something).

I bought one or two I did not like, but I quickly sold them and bought better games with the profits.

I got a PS1 around... '97.

I had an N64 back in that time period.

Genre's are just getting ridiculous anyway.

You get genre's, and then you get subgenre's, and then you get sub-subgenre's, etc.

Oh man, sub-genres....THE SEMANTIC-FILLED HORROR!

At 9/1/07 06:39 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I finished watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and I'm officially moving on to Black Lagoon.

Smashing.

JJBA can only be described as: Epic beyond epic. The reason for this is because lots of gore, death, violence and it actually has a plot. If you don't watch it, you will get a terminal illness.

Fucking right, JJBA ftw.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 22:29:24

I got the Fist of the North Star movie. the feature length anime, of course, not the live action film with Malcolm McDowell. It's fucking badass. I also got New Fist of the North Star. It's pretty cool, but not as good as the older stuff.

And I got the Professional: Golgo 13 today. I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm sure I'll still like it.

At 9/1/07 03:01 AM, Kaworu-Ikari wrote:
At 8/31/07 10:19 PM, TacticalShoe wrote:
At 8/31/07 04:11 PM, Kaworu-Ikari wrote:
...... I keep telling everyone about that movie BioHunter, and I strongly recommend it....
Hmm, BioHunter. Molecular Biologists and rampant demon-forming viruses. Sounds like a good pick for my weekend viewing

I have that on DVD. It's pretty cool.

At 9/1/07 08:37 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Battle Royale the novel freaking roxxor'd my boxxors.

The movie was good for a cheap laugh.

The movie was awesome. I've enjoyed all of the films I've seen by Kinji Fukasaku so far (Under the Flag of the Rising Sun, Yakuza Graveyard, Battle Royale). I plan to see more of his films.

At 9/1/07 12:48 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 9/1/07 12:36 AM, Kuro wrote:
Also, Rintaro's Doomed Megalopolis, that was quite good.

really? I had considered watching it, but people were saying that it starts out good, then gets worse. I don't remember why, though. eh, what the hell. I'll check it out.

Also, I didn't realize Rintaro did that one.

At 8/29/07 07:41 PM, Gendo wrote: Yup, a mediocre series in a mediocre genre based on a mediocre film.

I agree that Blood: the Last Vampire is mediocore, but I still enjoy it a bit. I haven't seen Blood +, though.

And I still love both Vampire Hunter D movies.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 22:54:33

At 9/1/07 10:29 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I got the Fist of the North Star movie. the feature length anime, of course, not the live action film with Malcolm McDowell. It's fucking badass.

Well, duh. It's Fist of the North Star, it's bound to be badass.

I also got New Fist of the North Star. It's pretty cool, but not as good as the older stuff.

I was considering checking it out, I've seen it for cheap and it looks decent.

Should I take the plunge?

And I got the Professional: Golgo 13 today. I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm sure I'll still like it.

Golgo 13, nice.

Good film with a few flaws.

really? I had considered watching it, but people were saying that it starts out good, then gets worse. I don't remember why, though. eh, what the hell. I'll check it out.

I haven't really heard many complaints other than the lack of a Japanese vocal track on one of the DVDs releases and the fact that the first arc has some misogynistic violence.

Also, I didn't realize Rintaro did that one.

Yeah, it's one of his lesser known works.

Rintaro is one of my all-time favourite directors, mostly because of all the epic work he's done with Matsumoto's Captain Harlock franchise.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 23:44:53

At 9/1/07 10:54 PM, Gendo wrote: Should I take the plunge?

Yeah, i'd say it's worth it. Just don't expect too much from it. Of course, there's your head exploding awesomeness, but it doesn't have that charming, cheesy feel. It felt genuinely serious and kind of epic, which, in my opinion, just isn't right for Fist of the North Star.

still, asskicking and headasplosions

Golgo 13, nice.

Good film with a few flaws.

such as the way out of place crappy computer animated helicopter.

I haven't really heard many complaints other than the lack of a Japanese vocal track on one of the DVDs releases and the fact that the first arc has some misogynistic violence.

Would you say that the English dub is all that bad?

Rintaro is one of my all-time favourite directors, mostly because of all the epic work he's done with Matsumoto's Captain Harlock franchise.

I really liked his short that was shown in Neo Tokyo. If you haven't seen that, you should. It has a short by Kazuhiro Otomo (one of my favorite directors) and I think the other one is by Yoshiaki Kawajiri.

The shorts in Memories are great as well.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-01 23:59:49

At 9/1/07 11:44 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yeah, i'd say it's worth it. Just don't expect too much from it. Of course, there's your head exploding awesomeness, but it doesn't have that charming, cheesy feel. It felt genuinely serious and kind of epic, which, in my opinion, just isn't right for Fist of the North Star.

NOT CHEESY? COCKS!!!!

I dunno if I can take seriousness with my ultraviolence...

still, asskicking and headasplosions

Hmm, you got me there.

such as the way out of place crappy computer animated helicopter.

Oh man, hahaha.

That was horrid.

Would you say that the English dub is all that bad?

It's ADV, so it's a very least passable.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 12:46:19

do u hate me 4 some reason i mean anytime i make a post u hae to shoot me down

Anime Club

Lawl....thank you and goodnight

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 13:05:19

At 9/2/07 12:46 PM, soundbuster34 wrote: do u hate me 4 some reason i mean anytime i make a post u hae to shoot me down

Every person who meets Gendo for the first time gets that feeling from him. The reason why he dislikes the anime you used, are because they are extremely overrated and tasteless. Bleach has half the episode of just grunts, and naruto is decent, but the fanbase is the worst thing to happen to anime ever (in my opinion). Also, when Gendo disagrees with you, trust me, in his mind you are 130% wrong. Don't take offense to it, that's just the way he rolls.

It's 5 again, the air is thin.

No sunlight through my window.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 13:27:10

At 9/2/07 01:05 PM, Wesleyiam wrote:
At 9/2/07 12:46 PM, soundbuster34 wrote: do u hate me 4 some reason i mean anytime i make a post u hae to shoot me down
blah

Not to mention the fact that all of his posts are pretty much useless, except for like...one?

Soundbuster, learn grammar, and learn spelling. This isn't AIM, this is a message board, you can type out your entire messages. There's nothing more annoying than seeing a whole bunch of misspelled words, along with "u, 4, etc" tossed in. You should actually take time to post.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 13:31:45

I'm kinda new here and would like to join! Could someone enlighten me about what this club does? And what are the requirements for joining? Regards.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 14:07:56

Okok, my bad. I never bothered to look at the last few pages. Let's see.. Top 5 eh?

1. 5 centimeters per Second
Visually stunning, amazingly written with beautiful soundtracks. Couldn't it be any more better!? ..Ok maybe i was exaggerating. Simply put it as "i really enjoyed the movie."

2. Fate/stay Night
Fine, Saber is the main reason for the no2 spot. Plot-wise, can't give it more than a mediocre rating. (unlimited blade works ftw)

3. Air/Kanon 2006
Oh man, i can't decide which is better, this 2 got me. Flame me if you want, But I loved everything Kyoto Animation has done.

4. Paranoia Agent
No complains besides Episode 5. Millennium Actress by Satoshi Kon is good too.

5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Yes, a nice anime indeed but imo, very very overrated. It's becoming the next anime phenomenon along with Naruto/Bleach. Did i mentioned about the cult following the anime has formed?

I would like to share my watched/watching list too but it's late and i'm too tired to type out all of them.

I've just gotten into anime recently so no old series in my book. As you can see, my top5 does not contain any of them. Dislikes? Definitely those stupid ecchi/harem anime with poor humor. Not all, just those stupid ones. Example: Green Green. i want a refund

What got you into anime? To be honest, Doraemon & Sailormoon. *gets ready for massive insults*

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 16:35:16

At 9/2/07 02:07 PM, Vysual wrote: Example: Green Green. i want a refund

Alright.

What got you into anime? To be honest, Doraemon & Sailormoon. *gets ready for massive insults*

Awesome, someone else who got into it with the help of SAIIIILOOOOOOOOOOOOR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. Too bad they won't air Stars because of the gender bending stars.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 17:10:52

At 9/2/07 04:35 PM, Kisuke wrote:
At 9/2/07 02:07 PM, Vysual wrote: Example: Green Green. i want a refund
Alright.

Awesome, someone else who got into it with the help of SAIIIILOOOOOOOOOOOOR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. Too bad they won't air Stars because of the gender bending stars.

Heh, I watched Sailor Moon as a kid too....just because I found the girls attractive. Hey now, I was like 8 or 9 at the time, and didn't even know what hentai was, nor anime...I just thought it was just another cartoon with fancier drawing. Hell, I remember at the after-school program thing I went to, the staff that watched over us in the TV room were huge muscular men, that tried their best to make themselves look manly.....but they always stared intently at the TV when Sailor Moon and/or the movies came on...and made the weirdest noises (and kept saying "Yeeeaaahhhh" too) whenever a sailor did her little changing thing.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 17:24:20

At 9/2/07 05:10 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Sailor Moon!

I used to think Sailor Mercury was hot. I remember there was a thread on Newgrounds that went on for ten pages about which Sailor Moon character was the hottest. Around 90% of the posters claimed that Sailor Mercury was the hottest.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 18:01:14

ok that makes sense and sorry ill spell out everything out now

oh heres a picture from slayers:

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 19:01:45

At 9/2/07 06:05 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 9/2/07 06:01 PM, soundbuster34 wrote: ok that makes sense and sorry ill spell out everything out now
Good.

oh heres a picture from slayers:
Stop pic spamming, you should post a pic for only something relevant or humorous.

i did that because i wanted to show some people what the slayers look like

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 19:36:00

you know what im just gonna shut up until something worthwhile happens because it seems like everyone hates me
why i dont know is it becase of the anime i watch i mean does anyone have a problem with the things i watch dang IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-02 19:47:48

aight just keep me away gendo and im cool im cool

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 00:09:24

At 9/2/07 07:36 PM, soundbuster34 wrote: you know what im just gonna shut up until something worthwhile happens because it seems like everyone hates me

Seems to happen to everyone who joins this club lately.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 00:30:00

At 9/3/07 12:09 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 9/2/07 07:36 PM, soundbuster34 wrote: you know what im just gonna shut up until something worthwhile happens because it seems like everyone hates me
Seems to happen to everyone who joins this club lately.

I don't understand how some people could actually type like that without putting some thought into their posts.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 06:27:06

At 9/2/07 05:24 PM, supyohos123 wrote:
At 9/2/07 05:10 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Sailor Moon!

Age thirteen or so for me, middle school I know that much. Didn't tell anyone about it aside from me and my sister watching it. Not a soul for if any of my friends knew I'd probably have been burned at the stake.

It's nice living in redneck country, isn't it.

I used to think Sailor Mercury was hot. I remember there was a thread on Newgrounds that went on for ten pages about which Sailor Moon character was the hottest. Around 90% of the posters claimed that Sailor Mercury was the hottest.

Mercury > Jupiter > Mars > All

Case in point.

At 9/3/07 12:30 AM, supyohos123 wrote: I don't understand how some people could actually type like that without putting some thought into their posts.

Check the profile.

Age/Gender: 13, Male

Now you know.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 07:49:37

I swear to God, I'm going to turn into an anime fan girl, and have a nosebleed if Haruhi Fujioka gets any cuter in Ouran High School Host Club. Seriously, I was just watching it, and am blushing at episode 8. BEING AFRAID OF THUNDER IS JUST SO FUCKING CUTE! Plus, Haruhi is so fucking lovable in every way imaginable. God I love her.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 13:43:56

At 9/3/07 12:30 AM, supyohos123 wrote:
I don't understand how some people could actually type like that without putting some thought into their posts.

you know what i tired of people picking on me so just shut the heck up

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 14:16:11

At 9/3/07 01:43 PM, soundbuster34 wrote:
At 9/3/07 12:30 AM, supyohos123 wrote:
you know what i tired of people picking on me so just shut the heck up

I lol'd irl. If you don't like it LEAVE. Nobody is going to change for you. Now shut the fuck up, unless you have something useful to say.

Back on topic....heh yeah, I remember I was in like fourth or fifth grade too....and when some friends at my church were talking about TV shows or something, I started to go on about Sailor Moon....they all stared at me for a few minutes....and burst out laughing. They never let me live that one down.

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 14:41:36

At 9/3/07 01:18 PM, Mendou wrote:
Yep it's all grand, i started watching it in the afternoons back when i was like in 5th grade. I remember one day where some people did find out that i watched Sailor moon....and they all laughed at me. Probably one of the most embarrassing days of my life.

That's nothing. When I was seven years old, my brother and I taped "My Little Ponies the Movie" (VHS). In his 5th grade class, my brother was supposed to watch another movie on the same VHS tape. You know what came on instead next. The singing of the "My Little Ponies" theme song. Thank god I wasn't in the class at the time. Both of us were laughed at for that though.

Now to get back to anime. Who would be interested to play this game?

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 16:22:06

At 9/2/07 02:07 PM, Vysual wrote: stuff

I LOVE this guy.

Welcome to the club, good sir.

At 9/2/07 02:40 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Hey guys. Just dropping by to say hello and tell you where I've been all this time...

Oh God, man, I missed you.

Sucks to hear your summer was boring...

At 9/3/07 01:43 PM, soundbuster34 wrote: you know what i tired of people picking on me so just shut the heck up

Oh, fuck off, sonny.

You're contributing absolutely nothing to this club, get out.

At 9/3/07 02:41 PM, supyohos123 wrote: Now to get back to anime. Who would be interested to play this game?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OH DEAR SWEET FUCKING LORD!

I require a copy of that game....

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 16:26:03

At 9/3/07 02:41 PM, supyohos123 wrote:

Now to get back to anime. Who would be interested to play this game?

I require that game. No matter what the cost.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-09-03 17:56:00

I'm in quite a few hentai game communities *ahem*, I'll see if I can figure out what that's called.