00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,665 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 01:40:41

At 11/27/07 10:25 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: Did you guys find any flaws in Death Note that are notable? I believe that I did.
Also - just like I previously asked - has anyone here read Zombie Hunter?

Never got into Zombie Hunter, and what flaws are there in Deathnote?

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 02:12:38

At 11/27/07 08:52 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 11/27/07 07:38 PM, Mendou wrote: Thats why we watch season 1 millions of times.
IT WAS THE SEASON WITH THE ACTUAL PLOT

Plus it managed to have some drama without being needlessly over-the-top.

Well then, I'm glad it's the only season I watched. I did enjoy it though.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 03:55:50

Oh hey, this sounds like a lot of fun, I've been a fan of anime for some time.

Scanning over the past few pages it would appear I've discovered what I have to do to join... I hope this is right...

My top 5 favourite anime... I can't say I've thought about it... But well, here it goes.

In no order.

1. .Hack//SIGN
I quite enjoyed this anime. It was quite different from what I was expecting. When I heard about this, I was expecting some silly little action-y cartoon, involving what you generally expect from online games. Discovering that it was a vaguely mellow anime, with quite a nice art style, and great music, I was surprised, and then grew to love it.

2. Lucky Star
I found this anime's cute style, slow pace, humour and great animation to be quite to my liking. I wasn't too keen on the constant reference to the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I managed to bypass that into enjoying the series.

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I didn't know what to expect when going into this series. I hadn't really heard much about it, so the first episode confused me a lot. It was almost off putting for the rest of the series, as I thought it might be like that for every episode, and I didn't think I could stand it. But my perseverance prevailed, and I managed to make it to the next episode. From there I was hooked. Endearing characters, interesting plot, good humour, the series had a reasonable bit going for it. It was a little short, but I hear they're making another series, so I suppose I can be excited about that to some degree.

4. Last Exile
Set in some odd alternate reality, which seems to be based around a steampunk, 19th century world, but even so, it doesn't stop it from making many reference to a flight maneuver invented during the first world war. Love the steampunk-ness of it, and found the series very enjoyable, even though the plot did dip a bit during the middle, and the ending of the series.

5. Cowboy Bebop
Great characters, excellent music, good plot, ridiculous variety, and some of the best direction I've seen in a TV series. Possibly the closest a cartoon I've seen has come to making me feel like I'm watching a movie (and I'm not referring to the movie they released of it). I don't think it's possible to dislike this show.

Types of anime I dislike? Well... I suppose those silly little shonen animations you see on channels like Cartoon Network get quite irritating. I've never been one to bother with hatred of cartoons, but I suppose I tend to avoid those types to some degree.

What got me into anime... I suppose the same that most other people did. I used to watch shows like Sailor Moon when they got released here, and I liked the style, so that got me to be a child fan, but that's not out of the ordinary. I basically forgot about it for a little while, but then a friend of mine told me to watch something (I forget what - might've been a Ghibli film), and then I got into it.

So yeah, am I able to join?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 04:02:06

At 11/28/07 03:55 AM, FlonneTheFallenAngel wrote: 1. .Hack//SIGN
2. Something Good
4. Last Exile
5. Cowboy Bebop

Fixed your list. B)

So yeah, am I able to join?

More than able, you are. Welcome.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 04:07:35

At 11/28/07 04:02 AM, Kisuke wrote: Fixed your list. B)

Hey, I'm not insulting your tastes, so don't screw around with mine.

More than able, you are. Welcome.

Oh awesome, now I can go tell all my school mates that I got into the anime club.

Me.

Not them.

Me.

Oh I am so proud I could just die.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 04:28:16

At 11/28/07 04:07 AM, FlonneTheFallenAngel wrote: Hey, I'm not insulting your tastes, so don't screw around with mine.

You'll learn to deal with our humor. That or it'll drive you mad to the point where you'll leave.

Oh I am so proud I could just die.

Might I add it's a club, on the internet. Breathe.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 04:43:55

At 11/28/07 04:28 AM, Kisuke wrote: You'll learn to deal with our humor. That or it'll drive you mad to the point where you'll leave.

Oh right, I get it, it's like irony.

When you're saying something like you care, when you really don't care.

It's like irony.

Might I add it's a club, on the internet. Breathe.

I believe you're going to have to learn to deal with my humour.

:)

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 14:46:00

Though im not apart of this club (yet) you dont care If I post my opinions do you?

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 14:57:46

At 11/28/07 02:52 PM, Mendou wrote: I only watched the first.....10 minutes of the first episode and it bored me greatly. I'm not a fan.

The first episode was pretty boring, I felt the same about it.

The show managed to pick itself up a short while into it (5 or 6 episodes maybe?), and after that it just kept improving.

Probably Spirited away.

I'm sure this "probably" speculation is based on a number of things, other than a guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 15:24:32

At 11/27/07 09:43 PM, Mendou wrote: Akane's Lost Love... These Things Happen, You Know is a good example.

Yes.

And all he does

SPOILER I GUESS

is run away from that damn ghost cat that no one likes.

What a fucking kick in the throat that was....

Least he could have done was whip it out and finally make it bloody apparent he's a man.

Might as well still get to that......which will take years.

It's been around two years for me, and I only have 10 volumes.

That said, I'm currently reading like nine other series.

It's like a greek tragedy.

Hardly.

If it was a Greek tragedy, someone would have died horribly.

That'd be much more conclusive.

At 11/28/07 02:12 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Well then, I'm glad it's the only season I watched. I did enjoy it though.

Great.

The second season is also pretty damn good, but it vastly lacks seriousness.

Some episodes have ludicrously stupid plots, but still manage to be rather funny and worth watching.

I'll never look at skiing or high school productions of Shakespearian works the same way ever again...

At 11/28/07 04:02 AM, Kisuke wrote:
At 11/28/07 03:55 AM, FlonneTheFallenAngel wrote: 1. .Hack//SIGN
2. Something Good
4. Last Exile
5. Cowboy Bebop
Fixed your list. B)

Hahaha, seconded.

That aside, welcome to the club, Fionne.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 15:28:41

At 11/28/07 03:24 PM, Gendo wrote: Hahaha, seconded.

>: (

That aside, welcome to the club, Fionne.

Flonne, not Fionne.

And thanks, I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 17:39:21

At 11/28/07 01:40 AM, JaconWes wrote:
Never got into Zombie Hunter, and what flaws are there in Deathnote?

You should read Zombie Hunter. Besides the chapter full of bare chests and whatnot, it is nice and violent and it's pretty cool looking.

And as for flaws in Deathnote... I count a few.

The ending was VERY anticlimactic. If I even spelled that right. Anyways, the last few pages were just some Kira worshippers giving homage to their "God." Boring.

And Mello... poor poor Mello. Killed WAY to quickly. In my opinion he should have never died.

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 18:25:58

At 11/28/07 04:43 AM, FlonneTheFallenAngel wrote: It's like irony.

Not really. Most of us don't like Lucky Star. I in particular didn't make it past the first two episodes before dropping it in the bucket.

I believe you're going to have to learn to deal with my humour.

It's hard to take that as humor since through the years we've had people who were serious about that sort of thing. Some people go psycho over anime, it's strange.

At 11/28/07 02:46 PM, JaconWes wrote: Though im not apart of this club (yet) you dont care If I post my opinions do you?

I don't really care but I'm a lower end authority figure... bawwwwwww and such.

At 11/28/07 03:28 PM, FlonneTheFallenAngel wrote:
At 11/28/07 03:24 PM, Gendo wrote: Hahaha, seconded.
>: (

Like I said, a lot of us don't like LS. That and we'll throw shit at each other for things we don't like. We'll get into it, neck and neck, but we're like a big family. Even Wonko's bastard son, he's accepted too.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 21:02:06

At 11/28/07 06:34 PM, Mendou wrote: Also who's Wonko's bastard son again?

I don't exactly remember, all I know is he's around here somewhere.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 21:02:47

At 11/28/07 06:34 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 11/28/07 06:25 PM, Kisuke wrote: Like I said, a lot of us don't like LS. That and we'll throw shit at each other for things we don't like. We'll get into it, neck and neck, but we're like a big family. Even Wonko's bastard son, he's accepted too.
One big lovable homosexual family.

I'm the prick who nobody loves.

Also who's Wonko's bastard son again?

I would imigine it to be you because your like in comand behind him.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-28 21:43:08

At 11/28/07 09:37 PM, Mendou wrote: Doesn't have to be that way you know.

I never knew this was possible for me since I fucked up my entrance in this club for the first 20 or so pages.

I deserve where I am for now.

Also, welcome Flonne!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-29 15:15:32

After around eleven months of waiting, the final volume of Tokyo Red Hood has finally been completed.

I'll be reading it later today.

It better be a good ending.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-11-30 03:23:50

At 11/28/07 09:37 PM, Mendou wrote:
Also who's Wonko's bastard son again?
I would imigine it to be you because your like in comand behind him.
I suppose so, i don't remember Wonko being my father but whatever.

Mendou.....I am your father! Join me and together we can rule the BBS as father and son!

Sorry, I couldn't resist going through that little geek moment.

Flonne, make sure to warn us when your friends from school try to join here, so we can deny it. For my amusement.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 15:17:52

Ok, i´m gonna sort of butt in again here and let you all know ´Laputa - the castle in the sky´ is an amazing movie! I brought it about a month ago but only got around to watching it today, and i must say, it is absloutely amazing. It´s a Ghibli studio work, and in my opinion, one of their best. If any of you havn´t seen it i recommend it!

Thats all :D

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 15:28:24

At 12/1/07 03:17 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Ok, i´m gonna sort of butt in again here and let you all know ´Laputa - the castle in the sky´ is an amazing movie! I brought it about a month ago but only got around to watching it today, and i must say, it is absloutely amazing. It´s a Ghibli studio work, and in my opinion, one of their best. If any of you havn´t seen it i recommend it!
Thats all :D

I think that was the second Ghibli film I got.

The first was Spirited Away, which my brother bought for me.

Excellent movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 15:40:20

At 12/1/07 03:23 PM, Mendou wrote: First Miyazaki film i ever watched was Spirited Away, (i bought that and Laputa at the same time) the next day i watched Laputa, quite frankly i thought that film was much more amazing then Spirited away.

Laputa was alot better than Spirited away. Nearlly as good as Princess Mononoke.

The simple adventure of a boy and a girl looking for a castle in the sky+ great orchestra soundtrack+ Mark Hamill( Mark playing as a bad guy is epic to me) in the dub= a damn fine film.

Very True.

At 12/1/07 03:28 PM, Kuro wrote: I think that was the second Ghibli film I got.
The first was Spirited Away, which my brother bought for me.
Excellent movie.

Why did everyone see Spirited away first? First ghibli movie i saw was Princess Mononoke and instantly became one of my favourite anime movies.

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 15:41:10

At 11/30/07 04:50 PM, Mendou wrote:
Flonne, make sure to warn us when your friends from school try to join here, so we can deny it. For my amusement.
If there number one anime choice is something like Elfen lied then im all for it.

As much as Elfen Lied is an insult to anime, i doubt that anyone has seen it. I'd say the average would be something shitty like Naruto, or Bleach.

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 15:50:27

At 12/1/07 03:40 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Why did everyone see Spirited away first? First ghibli movie i saw was Princess Mononoke and instantly became one of my favourite anime movies.

I saw it first because it was the first Miyazaki film to be released in NZ cinemas.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 16:42:58

I rented Paprika. I hope it's good.

At 12/1/07 03:23 PM, Mendou wrote: First Miyazaki film i ever watched was Spirited Away, (i bought that and Laputa at the same time) the next day i watched Laputa, quite frankly i thought that film was much more amazing then Spirited away.

I thought both Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky were equally great.

At 12/1/07 03:40 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Why did everyone see Spirited away first?

Actually, I think the first one I saw was Princess Mononoke.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 16:45:09

At 12/1/07 04:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I rented Paprika. I hope it's good.

I saw that at the film festival a little while ago.

Absolutely excellent visuals.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 20:40:16

At 12/1/07 03:40 PM, Life-Stream wrote:

Why did everyone see Spirited away first? First ghibli movie i saw was Princess Mononoke and instantly became one of my favourite anime movies.

The first one I've seen was " My Neighbor Totoro ", it was a weird film.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 22:54:36

What current stuff are you guys watching anyhow? I'm just watching what I find. Well. Reading actually. I'm reading anything that looks good on Bleach Exile right now.

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-01 23:19:21

At 12/1/07 10:54 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: What current stuff are you guys watching anyhow?

Well I have been watching berserk, black lagoon and Serial Experiments Lain these past few months, nothing else really.

At 12/1/07 03:41 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: As much as Elfen Lied is an insult to anime, i doubt that anyone has seen it. I'd say the average would be something shitty like Naruto, or Bleach.

I'd say the average person doesn't watch anime, or at least not more than mabye one or two.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-02 08:26:40

At 12/1/07 08:40 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: The first one I've seen was " My Neighbor Totoro ", it was a weird film.

I havn´t seen that one yet. Looks wierd like you say.
One i want to watch is Porco Rosso, lol, that looks pretty good. Anyone seen that one?

Response to Anime Club 2007-12-02 23:22:20

At 12/2/07 08:26 AM, Life-Stream wrote: One i want to watch is Porco Rosso, lol, that looks pretty good. Anyone seen that one?

Porco Rosso is my favorite Ghibli film by far. I mean come on, A FLYING PIG!!! It speaks for it's self.

But overall, excellent film.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature