00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dexxterzlab just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Graffiti Crew

404,516 Views | 2,478 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-04 18:43:41

At 12/4/06 06:23 PM, kompresser wrote: ya you can use it in the deep cold and shit sounds sweet tho i saw it on a site somewhere...heres 1 of my bubble throws

ew

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-04 18:59:39

I've just started, I've got my name but I am shit at doing bubble style 4's.
Has anyone got any tips for me?

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-04 19:13:07

Never mind, I think I got it.

Graffiti Crew

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-04 19:25:15

Hey fuck you! I worked hard to get 100 posts! Anyways, What do you mean style? How do you develop a style, you just do it man. That's how I see it...I need some help though coming up with how to paint it up, because I always draw it out, cuz I was told to, but I don't know what to draw for it...

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-04 20:18:14

I'm going to give this graffiti tutorial and everytime some stupid toy asks some stupid question, refer to this.

Chapter 1: What Graffiti Is All About.

Graffiti is all about flow. If your style and flow are shit, your shitty. You actually don't have to have style, you just gotta be up, but if you want added respect - style is everything. Originallity is secondary only to style. There are many different types of "graffing." There are bubble letters AKA throwups. There are straight letters AKA a peice. There's wildstyles AKA burners. There are hands which is essentially your "tag." There are TALLhands. There are stickers. All of these will be covered in this tutorial. There are different kinds of paint. Many
famous crews. There are many famous kings that actually get paid to paint. Color schemes are important too. This is the official graffiti tutorial.

Chapter 2: The Throwup.

Your throwup is the main piece you will be "throwing up," hence the name. It is the most important part, other then the hand, of your setup. They are intended to be fast and relentless. They should be fast so you could do it on a crowded city sidewalk in broad daylight and get aways with it, and relentless because if it's good, you'll get respect. Without it your essentially useless. Normally throwies are bubble letters but if you can do a straight letter fast enough, those work too. The way these are supposed to be set up are so every letter looks somewhat like the last one. If you look at my pics, you'll see that. SAKE is a good example. He is from New York and a master of flow.

Chapter 3: The Peice.

Now I'm not very good at all at peices, but I know what they should be about. They should flow just like the throwup, but they should be cleaner, more presice, and more intricate. Peices should only be done at nite in a good, cop free area (i.e. train tracks). These aren't essential to getting your name up, they aren't even nessesary, they are purely to show off skill. Ags from my area is one of the best at doing peices and is a king of Delaware.

Chapter4: The Wildstyle.

I have no clue even where to start, I'll just provide you with a picture of
Perv, also from my area and is in the same crew (will explain later) as Ags. Perv isn't as good at peices as Ags but better at wildstyles.

Chapter 5: The Hand and Tall Hand.

Your hand is THE most important part of your setup. Without a decent hand style you ARE useless. Just like the throwup, hands are all about flow. Your letters shouldn't look like the other letters but they should be shaped like the previous letters. They are hard to explain. If they flow pretty good, you want to add some "flair" to it. The basic setup for hands are a star to the left, arrow to the right, quotes, halo, underline. Add more, add less. It doesn't really matter. Hands should be the most "up" part of your setup. I can't find a decent example.

Tall hands however are a different story. Every letter should be shaped and look somewhat like the rest of the letters. They should be pointy at the top as well as the bottom. All the letters must also be capitals, otherwise they are frowned upon. Ades is my cousin and he is ill as hell. Perfectly executed tall hand.

Chapter 6: The Sticker.

The stickers and stencils are the easiest way to get up. If you live in the United States go here and order some 100% FREE postal stickers. Then just go on a site or where ever you want to and print out a character of some sort. All of the good ones are pretty much taken. The Fonz was a good one. Bob Saget was a good one. You could also put your bubble letter throw on there.

I need to start rushing now because my sister is being a bitch

Chapter 7: The Crew.

If you don't know what a crew is, your a mega toy.

Your crew is your homies you go painting with. There are a couple famous and worldwide crew such as...2VK and GBA Kings.

Chapter 8: The Paint.

Paint is very, very important to graffiti. The quality and color of it is important. Probaly the highest grade paint is put out by Montana, however you can pretty much only get it online. Krylon is pretty much the most popular paint however.

Chapter 8: The Kings.

Kings are the most famous people in graffiti. In order to be a king you need to be up. I mean UP. There are only a handful of major kings. There are a hundred handfuls of regular kings.

Some major kings: Cope2, Seen is THE godfather of graffiti. Savager, Duster

Some regular kings from my area: Ags, Perv, Axion, Easy, Sad

Chapter 9: The Conclusion.

I hope this tutorial has helped you guys get better at graffiti. It took me almost an hour to write it. If you follow this advice, sit down, and PRACTICE, I guarantee you will be better. Will you be king overnight? No. Will you be king in a couple years? Probaly not, but you will get a sense of accomplishment and respect. Thank you, and goodnight.

Sincerly,
ThePaintingHerb AKA LoseONE

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-04 21:47:09

Nice tutorial! I really enjoyed it, but that artwork is the shit. I don't get how they got it like that....It was awsome, no doubt. Thanks man!

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 00:21:21

At 12/4/06 08:18 PM, ThePaintingHerb wrote: big tutorial

wow..that was pretty good, them tags you posted looked nice to, im sure thats gonna help a lot of people now.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 14:15:23

At 12/4/06 08:18 PM, ThePaintingHerb wrote: I'm going to give this graffiti tutorial and everytime some stupid toy asks some stupid question, refer to this.

We should really have our own website. That way we could post all of this stuff up there. The person to create a site will become the new co-leader.

So SpeedMetal, you'd better make a quick site if you want to keep that postion of yours. Nothing amazing just a freewebs site.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 14:59:25

At 12/5/06 02:15 PM, Quickbeam wrote:
We should really have our own website. That way we could post all of this stuff up there. The person to create a site will become the new co-leader.

I'll make an Invision Forum, then convert it to .TK - I'm on it.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 15:35:04

At 12/5/06 02:59 PM, ThePaintingHerb wrote: I'll make an Invision Forum, then convert it to .TK - I'm on it.

Cool. PM me when you have finished.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 16:12:28

Quickbeam, check your PM's

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 18:34:07

Should I post on the tracks before on a building?

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 18:54:33

I dont literally tag, but have a couple friends that do, i kind of do it, but with my paintball gun... which obviously only stays there for a day...

But i got a couple paint cans from my great aunts house cause their domolishing it.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 20:47:31

At 12/5/06 06:54 PM, I-FLIP-VANS wrote: I dont literally tag, but have a couple friends that do, i kind of do it, but with my paintball gun... which obviously only stays there for a day...

But i got a couple paint cans from my great aunts house cause their domolishing it.

Righteous.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 21:03:13

Aight. I got my crew, he goes by K0R3 and he is just in my 2 man crew. We paint a little bit not much. I'll show you what I did when it is light out side!

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 21:36:35

At 12/5/06 09:03 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: Aight. I got my crew, he goes by K0R3 and he is just in my 2 man crew. We paint a little bit not much. I'll show you what I did when it is light out side!

How many times have I said, PRACTICE FIRST!!!

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-05 21:40:14

I did on trains...that way they arent so public!

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 01:28:13

At 12/5/06 09:40 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: I did on trains...that way they arent so public!

trains go pretty much everywhere man...

as for me stepping down as co-leader, well ill still be posting here whether thats the case or not, i just dont have any time to make a site or anything...congrats to whoever does take my place though

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 11:51:40

You need to PM me the link to the Admin account Herb........

______------======Subject Change======------______

On another topic there will be two Co-Leaders from now on. Both of them will be Mod's on the forums and they will also be Admin's. So me, Herb and SpeedMetal will have access to the site and can change things to however we want them to be. Just make sure you consult both me and the other Admin of the changes you have made. The only thing you must not change is the password and account name. Once me and the Co-Leader's have sorted out the site i will post the link up here and you can all join the forum. It should be done soon, just need to do a few finishing touches. And By the way Herb, nice touch on the banner. It looks awesome!

A picture for those who cannot see!

Graffiti Crew

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 15:04:08

The Site. REGISTER!!

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 18:53:31

At 12/6/06 11:51 AM, Quickbeam wrote: On another topic there will be two Co-Leaders from now on. Both of them will be Mod's on the forums and they will also be Admin's. So me, Herb and SpeedMetal will have access to the site and can change things to however we want them to be.

yay!

A picture for those who cannot see!

niceeee man...also the site looks hot!

awaiting mod/adminship.....=P

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 19:18:36

At 12/6/06 06:53 PM, SpeedMetalCrumpet wrote:

Complete.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 19:21:14

The train that I used only goes through Rossford. Rossford is small and no one tags here except the kids from Rivalry schools who think they are bad ass by making a graffiti penis...

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 19:37:31

At 12/6/06 07:21 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: The train that I used only goes through Rossford. Rossford is small and no one tags here except the kids from Rivalry schools who think they are bad ass by making a graffiti penis...

Everlasting, register here. Get all your friends to too.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 19:39:55

At 12/6/06 07:18 PM, ThePaintingHerb wrote:
At 12/6/06 06:53 PM, SpeedMetalCrumpet wrote:
Complete.

sex.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 22:04:07

I registered, but are we still going to use this forum at all? Could be usefull to attract more members? I dunno!?

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-06 22:45:49

we should use that forum, we could probably get some people from other sites to come in and post in that forum as well....

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-07 13:27:56

We are using that forum. You guys just need to start posting.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-07 16:46:52

So is this one just gonna die?

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-12-07 17:01:16

Nope. Keep posting here regularly as well as that one. You can talk about anything at all there. Here is mostly graffiti.