TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-13 15:44:46 Reply

At 11/13/06 01:01 AM, StraitJacketSoldier wrote:
flip

im just gonna tell you. do NOT write flip nor SJS. neither one of them are good graffiti names. these are the best (easiest) letters to do.

AaeEryYuoOpPsSDmMnNcC

all the names i've used and my crew has used come from those letters.

my names:

some
year
ecso
syne
send

my crew member's names:

sec (best flowing name EVER)
say
cens
tank (he's GOOD)
ceas
heat (he is THE best)

StraitJacketSoldier
StraitJacketSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-13 16:19:53 Reply

At 11/13/06 03:44 PM, ThePaintingHerb wrote:
At 11/13/06 01:01 AM, StraitJacketSoldier wrote:
flip
im just gonna tell you. do NOT write flip nor SJS. neither one of them are good graffiti names. these are the best (easiest) letters to do.

AaeEryYuoOpPsSDmMnNcC

all the names i've used and my crew has used come from those letters.

my names:

some
year
ecso
syne
send

my crew member's names:

sec (best flowing name EVER)
say
cens
tank (he's GOOD)
ceas
heat (he is THE best)

You shouldn't have a grip load of names, not to mention tank, heat, and year are already used by much more skilled artists. AaeEryYuoOpPsSDmMnNcC arent the best letters to use that is an opinion. I'm kinda in development in a good and orignal tagging name..... any suggestions?

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-13 18:49:08 Reply

Those are my old names. SEND, YEAR, SOME, and SYNE never actually got up but I had just practiced a lot with them.

It is also very hard to pick a new name that has NEVER been used before or currently used.

Those letters are not an opinion they just "flow" the best. The letters that curve either at the top or the bottom or better yet, both just seem to flow on the page (if you do it right). That is why those letters are most often used in writers who's names are made up (i.e. SEME, COPE2, HENSE, BORN, LERN). If you don't want to take my advice, thats cool with me but I'm just trying to help you out.

sorry if I sound like a cocky motherfucker, I'm just very involved with the graffiti life...
Everlasting-Elements
Everlasting-Elements
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-13 21:50:03 Reply

Is grafta exceptable.? That is what I used on the trains, and the train stations by my house....once i get better I will make it public, but not right now...

Sig=DJ REN
PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature
StraitJacketSoldier
StraitJacketSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-14 00:03:42 Reply

At 11/13/06 06:49 PM, ThePaintingHerb wrote:
sorry if I sound like a cocky motherfucker, I'm just very involved with the graffiti life...

thats a good thing, thanks for the advice..

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-14 16:18:46 Reply

Since when I got arrested I was writing SENS, i can't very well write SEND =/ But I have come up with my best yet and official name for now until I get tired of writing it. My name is now LOSE. I chose that name because I've never done a name with an L and my crew says its the best I've come up with yet, and I can write LOSER, I think thats funny. Pics to come shortly...

=D

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-14 17:27:37 Reply

At 11/14/06 04:18 PM, ThePaintingHerb wrote: My name is now LOSE. I chose that name because I've never done a name with an L and my crew says its the best I've come up with yet, and I can write LOSER, I think thats funny. Pics to come shortly...

haha awesome man that would look so cool, cant wait to see pictures!

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-14 21:29:37 Reply

woot 300th post...and there's no better way to use it then in my favorite thread ever! i got a pic of my new peice. its still a work in progress. the one on the left has a better fill but the one on the right has a better structure (its taller). the one on the right also has one of my tall hands.....ok so here LOSERSKEONER.

it looks really scrunched because i fit two pictures on one template

Graffiti Crew

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-15 14:59:38 Reply

.bump. =D

Havik308
Havik308
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-15 18:30:43 Reply

I wanna join this shit too...
But i also want to say a few things first
-why the fuck is everyone calling everything a tag~~theres names for different shit you know!
ex. burner, throw-up, piece, wildstyle, poster, tag(your signature), and some other shit im probably forgetting
-quickbeam i dont mean any disrespect, but ghost is a fucking legends name, and I'm not going to actually investigate, but it looks like it was taken off "artcrimes"

Now that I've gotten that done, I just wanna ask again to join...
I'll definetely post a lot....
I'll keep you guys updated.

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-15 21:43:37 Reply

At 11/15/06 06:30 PM, Havik308 wrote: I wanna join this shit too...
But i also want to say a few things first
-why the fuck is everyone calling everything a tag~~theres names for different shit you know!
ex. burner, throw-up, piece, wildstyle, poster, tag(your signature), and some other shit im probably forgetting

yeah. i know my shit...my favorite is throwies with big fat letters. next is piece (around here they're called straight letters), next tagging cuz its EZ, fast, and thats how you get your shit up. then burner. then wildstyle...wildstyle's are really cool i just dont like em that much cuz i like the simple style and flow shit...

you forgot stickers and stencils though...and yeah GHOST is a KING's name

anyway if you are who you say you are and what your posting is your shit and you continue to post your the best in the graffiti crew takin me outta the top spot you sneaky bastard ;)

ghost on artcrimes Another Ghost

esko-man
esko-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-15 23:19:06 Reply

For the education of those new to the lifestyle...
I myself learned these terms and probably a few more from a mixture of the Warriors video game and Marc Ecko's Getting Up game.

(Taken from)

ALL CITY: (adj.) When a writer's name is up all over the city and major subway lines. This is every writer's ambition.
BACKGROUND: (n.) The colour or design painted behind the piece to make it stand out from the wall or train. Backgrounds are also used to make a graffiti stand out from all the tags and assorted scribbling on a subway car that make the piece hard to discern.
BENCH: (n.) Subway station where writers congregate and watch trains.
(v.) The act of watching trains.
BLOCKBUSTER: (n.) A piece with big square letters and usually in two colours.
BOMB: (v.) Prolific painting.
BUBBLE LETTERS: (n.) A type of graffiti letters with rounded shapes. Often used for throw-ups, as they allow quick formation.
BUFF: (v.) To erase.
BURNER: (n.) A technically and stylistically well executed piece, generally done in bright colours.
CHARACTER: (n.) A cartoon figure, TV or popular culture character painted to add humour or emphasis to a piece. In some pieces, the character takes the place of a letter in the word.
CREW: (n.) Loosely organised group of writers who also tag the crew initials along with their name. Crew names are usually three letters.
END TO END: (n.) A piece painted from one end of a train to the opposite end.
FLOATERS: (n.) A throw-up done on subway car panels at window level.
GET UP: (v.) When the proliferation of a writer's name has led to high visibility.
INSIDES: (n.) Subway car interiors.
OUTLINE: (n.) The framework of a piece. After fill-in and designs have been applied, the outline is re-executed to define the letters.
PANEL PIECE: (n.) A painting below the windows and between the doors of a subway car.
PIECE: (n.) A writer's painting, short for masterpiece.
PIECE BOOK or BLACK BOOK: (n.) A writer's sketch book. Used for personal art development and or the collection of other artists' work.
PRODUCTION: (n.) Large scale murals with detailed pieces and illustrations. Often two or more writers collaborate to do a production.
ROLL CALL: (n.) Tagging everyone's name in a crew, or the list of people who helped create it to the side of the piece. Not done very often.
ROLLER LETTERS: (n.) Names rendered with bucket paint and rollers.
SCRUB: (n.) A certain type of throw-up (usually two colours) that is filled in very quickly with back-and-forth lines, rather than filled in solid.
SIDEBUSTING: (v.) To paint your name right next to somebody whose art was there first.
SILVER: (n.) A piece or throw-up with only silver for a fill in.
TAG: (n.) A writer's signature with marker or spray paint.
TAGGER: (n.) As opposed to writer; this term is usually used to refer to those who only do tags and throw-ups and who never paint pieces
THROW-UP: (n.) A name painted quickly with one layer of spray paint and an outline. Throw-ups are either bubble letters or very simple pieces using only two colours.
TOP-TO-BOTTOM: (n.) A piece which extends from the top of the car to the bottom.
TOY: (n.) Inexperienced or incompetent writer.
THREE-D: (n.) A three-dimensional style of letters, used for added effect on basic letters, sometimes applied to wildstyle for an extra level of complexity.
WILDSTYLE: (n.) A complicated construction of interlocking letters. It is a very difficult style that consists of arrows and connections. Wildstyle is considered one of the hardest styles to master and pieces done in wildstyle are often difficult to read and understand for non-writers.
WINDOW-DOWN: (n.) A piece done below the windows of a subway car.
WHOLE CAR: (n.) A piece covering the whole subway car, from end to end and from top to bottom.
WHOLE TRAIN: (n.) Pieces covering the whole train.
WRITER: (n.) Practitioner of the art of graffiti.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-16 00:31:11 Reply

At 11/15/06 11:19 PM, esko-man wrote: For the education of those new to the lifestyle...
I myself learned these terms and probably a few more from a mixture of the Warriors video game, followed by bunch of graffiti jargon.

haha nice list dude, i love it i even picked up a few terms there, since i dont tag trains, haha i learnt a bit off the Warriors game to, haha.

Everlasting-Elements
Everlasting-Elements
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-16 18:06:36 Reply

Is GRAFTA not a good name. I've used it four times around my town. I plan on getting them publically displayed as soon as it is good enough. My teacher at school is gonna teach me a bit of grafiti. I love it man! Woot

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature
TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-17 15:05:50 Reply

At 11/16/06 06:06 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: Is GRAFTA not a good name. I've used it four times around my town. I plan on getting them publically displayed as soon as it is good enough. My teacher at school is gonna teach me a bit of grafiti. I love it man! Woot

grafta is a really hard name to do for a toy. you could do RATA, but that name just sucks. i dunno man just come up with a name with the letters i posted. ill do it again.

aABcCDeEMnNoPRsSY

Havik308
Havik308
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-17 15:29:45 Reply

No pictures from me, but for the last 2 weekends, I got a "set" of trains.
The first was nothing more then a tag run, with some black...
But the second time, me and one of my crew members, Mek3, went back with white, black, and yellow, and did some pieces and throws~~~he was smarter then I was though because he brought his blackbook along so he could do a pre-made one, I had to improvise and it actually turned out nice...
And the funny part is right after we finished, the train we were just at pulled out and the workers are going like "WTF!?"
Friggin' funny and awesome...

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-17 18:34:43 Reply

At 11/15/06 11:19 PM, esko-man wrote: BENCH: (n.) Subway station where writers congregate and watch trains.

sorry, but this has been bugging me for a while, but id just like to know why graffiti artists would sit and watch trains?

Havik308
Havik308
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-17 20:34:37 Reply

I would watch just for the irony that those trains would later have my paint on them.

By The Way nice list^^^^

I would also like to say that I really doubt that I'm the best writer here, as I have only been doing it since February 15th 2006....
So I won't be taking first place for awile...

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-17 21:40:47 Reply

At 11/17/06 08:34 PM, Havik308 wrote:
I would also like to say that I really doubt that I'm the best writer here, as I have only been doing it since February 15th 2006....
So I won't be taking first place for awile...

well if what is in your profile is then you are...if not i am cuz no one around here is all that good.

Havik308
Havik308
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-18 00:59:50 Reply

If your going by my age, I'm not actually 26, i just screwed up that part, I'm actually 14, turning 15, I just really badly f***ed up the sign-up.

I also have a word of advice
"Bomb anything, anywhere, at anytime. Take risks to get your name up, If you get in trouble....use your feet," My law of reason for graffiti

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-18 11:56:35 Reply

i meant your sig and profile picture. if that was you your amazing but i guess not if im older then you are....

Havik308
Havik308
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-18 12:07:15 Reply

Oh by those pictures you mean...
Well those arent even mine, the profile pic is one of cope2's burners nad my sig is one of Seen's psycho pieces.
Still though I'm definitely not toy'd up...
Almost a year of working on my styles, and I still have decades ahead of me.
I'm yet to get wildstyle down, but just about every other style I can do great.
The only problem thats stopping me from getting pictures is my family. If they ever found out I'd be dead.

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-18 13:06:57 Reply

At 11/18/06 12:07 PM, Havik308 wrote: The only problem thats stopping me from getting pictures is my family. If they ever found out I'd be dead.

damn, my family's known since 8th grade (3 years ago) and i had just gotten arrested for it last two mondays ago. where do you stash your paint / sketches and whatnot?

Everlasting-Elements
Everlasting-Elements
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-18 14:11:03 Reply

What about numbers? Can I make SREND like 5R3ND or something?

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature
Havik308
Havik308
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-19 00:15:09 Reply

I hide my blackbook in my dresser under some clothes, but no one would even open it up if they found it anyway.
As for stencils, I usually will just ditch and re-cut when I need them again.
And for paint I buy as I'm about to use it, so I never have any laying around, ever. And I try to use it all up so I'm not wating money.
So I've been lucky so far...

Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-19 00:31:33 Reply

At 11/18/06 02:11 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: What about numbers? Can I make SREND like 5R3ND or something?

Bleh...sounds lame. How about something like GIRAF or KORBEN(Element from the movie Fifth Element)? I just thought of those names right now.

Oh, and here are some websites that are popular here in LA.

www.50mmlosangeles.com
www.theactandtheaftermath.com

I think its harder to be a tagger where I live since there are a lot of gangs. You have to be more careful when getting up. I'm finding a solution that I've seen from a tagger here named Serch(you can read his interview on 50mm.) He's basically known for slap-tags and also for doing stencils on stickers.

( 24

Running up that hill....
": ( number goes here"

BBS Signature
esko-man
esko-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-19 01:38:11 Reply

At 11/17/06 06:34 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 11/15/06 11:19 PM, esko-man wrote: BENCH: (n.) Subway station where writers congregate and watch trains.
sorry, but this has been bugging me for a while, but id just like to know why graffiti artists would sit and watch trains?

Maybe to see the graffiti that has been done on them, or to scout out possible hits or patters in trains they want to hit. A friend and I walked along some tracks last night about 4 am and waited for a train to come, I wanted to see all the amazing graffiti that comes along those tracks at night. There was a station up ahead, and a train yard about 100 feet from that. We didn't have any paint on us sadly, because we could have easily snuck past the station. I've yet to hit up a train though.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-20 04:53:03 Reply

At 11/19/06 01:38 AM, esko-man wrote: Maybe to see the graffiti that has been done on them, or to scout out possible hits or patters in trains they want to hit.

hmm...makes sense...cool stuff dude.

I've yet to hit up a train though.

i wouldnt mind hitting a train...except there is no possible way for me to get to one without either getting caught by the cops or just getting there in the first place.

TheBehemoth
TheBehemoth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-21 14:45:06 Reply

*bump*

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2006-11-21 15:48:21 Reply

At 11/15/06 11:19 PM, esko-man wrote: ALL CITY:

Not my ambition. I just want to do some good pieces. Fame is not my bag.

Crew names are usually three letters.

True, one crew around here is VKB, I've noticed a fuckload of their tags everywhere. Why is it just exactly three letters?

SIDEBUSTING: (v.)

Nasty trick, I try to avoid it, but all the good spots are taken.

TOY: (n.)

:'(

WILDSTYLE: (n.)

Since I can't activly paint, I've made a hobby of interpreting wildstyle pieces. They're suprisingly usual here.

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature