00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,889,141 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 19:46:36

At 10/22/07 07:13 PM, Mogly wrote: 9,999
----------
Nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine ..

You better not pull a lord-sonx and disappear for ages waiting to make your big post. Speaking of Sonx, his post count is down to 8,991! lol, mods.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 19:58:20

At 10/22/07 07:46 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 10/22/07 07:13 PM, Mogly wrote: 9,999
----------
Nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine ..
You better not pull a lord-sonx and disappear for ages waiting to make your big post. Speaking of Sonx, his post count is down to 8,991! lol, mods.

I've had it with these motherfucking mods on this motherfucking BBS!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 20:17:22

At 10/22/07 11:30 AM, jmtb02 wrote: Irvine's on Fire

That photo is pretty intense.
Know what it was caused by?

..::Flash For Breakfast::....::Indie::...::Albino Cop::....::Epic Riffs::..

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 21:00:53

At 10/22/07 08:17 PM, Meebs wrote:
At 10/22/07 11:30 AM, jmtb02 wrote: Irvine's on Fire
That photo is pretty intense.
Know what it was caused by?

Negroes trying to steal my watermelons. :D

</joke>

Anyways, GJ on the Game, John, Dark Cut 2 was pretty tight, just hella hard. Needs to be a little easier.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 21:08:15

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 6694

Back on the subject of 3D animation, as much as I hate shit like pixar and Dreamworks, this, this amateur's work, is fucking awesome. It's perfectly violent, original, well done, and not shitty kid like cartoon. Complete win.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 21:16:07

At 10/22/07 09:08 PM, Radioactive24 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 6694

Back on the subject of 3D animation, as much as I hate shit like pixar and Dreamworks, this, this amateur's work, is fucking awesome. It's perfectly violent, original, well done, and not shitty kid like cartoon. Complete win.

wow that was pretty good, reminded me of A Nightmare Before Christmas in terms of style at least a little bit.

3D can be nice if used in the right style, it's just when companies are pumping out generic talking animal movies because they're cheap and easy to produce and turn up big profits that it gets sickening.

Funny thing is while I'm getting sick of 3D movies like everyone else, I doubt people are getting too sick of 3D video games. While a good 2D game can be amazing if done right, a 3D game actually changes the gameplay up and offers more options for gameplay. In an animation however, the same effect could be pulled off in 2D as in 3D, with a few exceptions where the 3D style fits perfectly with the mood the movie is trying to portray.

I dunno, just an interesting coincidence I saw there.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 21:17:52

At 10/22/07 09:16 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I dunno, just an interesting coincidence I saw there.

Did i say coincidence? This is what I get for typing when I'm tired. I meant to say connection or relationship or something that would contrast those two art forms.

Meh you can all just ignore what I'm saying right now if you want.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 21:52:29

At 10/22/07 09:12 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 10/22/07 09:08 PM, Radioactive24 wrote: Back on the subject of 3D animation, as much as I hate shit like pixar and Dreamworks
I totally disagree... I love watching 3D animated movies... some are designed for little kids and are boring, like Ice Age 2, but 3D animation is enjoyable to watch and is better when they're designed for the whole family. Violence and drama is better in a movie with people, not animated people. :-)

I'll check out that movie now.

I agree with that, for the most part, but I was just saying that I liked this specific movie.

Also, Ice Age is gay. The only reason it's almost half decent is the voice acting cast they had.

And name one movie that has been made in 3D that is made for the whole family.

Swear to god, if you say any Shrek movie, your balls are gone...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 22:50:16

At 10/22/07 04:58 PM, trig1 wrote: Stop motion animation

I just found this while using a stumble upon toolbar thing, and I think its amazing, and must have taken ages to do.

Wow.. that was awesome... I don't have words...

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 23:04:30

At 10/22/07 09:52 PM, Radioactive24 wrote:
I agree with that, for the most part, but I was just saying that I liked this specific movie.

Also, Ice Age is gay. The only reason it's almost half decent is the voice acting cast they had.

And name one movie that has been made in 3D that is made for the whole family.
Swear to god, if you say any Shrek movie, your balls are gone...

This is something that bothers me about Dreamworks and Blue Sky Studios. They aren't creative with their voice casting, they just try to get the hottest celebrities to voice, whether or not they fit the part or are any good at voice acting.

Pixar is awesome at voice casting, they get people who aren't at the top of the celebrity food chain, voices like Dave Foley, Sarah Vowel, Craig T. Nelson, relatively minor in the celeb, world or even niche celebs, but who did an awesome job. There are exceptions like Tom Hanks in Toy Story but that was their first Full Length and probably needed a huge name to draw skeptical viewrs.

Speaking of 3D movies, I just saw Surfs Up. I was expecting a horrible movie and I was wrong, way wrong, it's actually a great film. Cool character designs, good cast, great script, acceptable but pretty mainstream soundtrack, fantastic animation (particularly with the water)... I loved it. Happy Feet was garbage, and never should have won best animated feature at the Oscars. Flushed Away should have been nominated and should have won. I guess that's why I was expecting Surfs Up to be crappy.

A lot of 3D movies are formulaic, family friendly shit, and those suck, but I have to say I like most of what Pixar does and there are a handful of other good ones. It's just too unbalanced right now, there is too much 3D and very little traditional 2D in American theaters these days, but 2D will never completely die out.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 23:11:25

3D Animation

Its here to stay, get used to it. Its not all bad really. I do really enjoy watching alot of it.

One thing i hate about it, is that its making 2D animators very lazy. Most "2D" animated shows nowa days include ALOT of 3D animation, simply vector rendered to make it "look" 2D. Thats what really pisses me off. First off, it looks terrible. The movements are borring, especially in character animation, and when a 2D invironment is put with a 3D animated object, it just looks out of place. And its all due to lazy animators. It costs less to model an ocject and rotate it then hire deacent animators to animate it rotating, which is much more stylistic and interesting.

23450, out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 23:23:25

I love 3D animation. I think that Disney and Pixar put out the best 3D animations, as I'm always pleasantly shocked at how good they are. I think Cars is one of the best 3D animations out there. I had no intention of seeing it, but when I did, I was amazed.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-22 23:57:47

At 10/22/07 11:23 PM, TrueDarkness wrote: I think Cars is one of the best 3D animations out there. I had no intention of seeing it, but when I did, I was amazed.

it was.....alright. The only 3D animated movie made reacently that, in my mind, even compares to the movies made in the early days of 3D animation, was the Incredibles. Besides that, i cant really think of anything that i perticualrily "loved" like i did the older ones.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 00:46:53

3D Stuffs
Yeh, I'm not really fond of any recent 3D work. I find studios are trying way to hard to make it hip, cool, fresh, and fun, but still trying to go for this everday life realism. They don't blend well at all in my opinion. I hated Cars, though I liked the One Man Band short in the beginning. Of course I'm also very picky just based on content and story in general, regardless of how slick the visuals might be,

I'm back... again... again
Yah, so I'm back around again. I dissapear a whole lot it seems. I just moved back to my homeland of Canada from a 4 year stint in Germany. I'm in Ottawa now. Coem rape meh, plz.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 02:38:33

3D Movies and junk.
They seem to be increasingly popular these days... I'm not a big fan of them. If their were more serious or horror 3D movies as apposed to comedies I'd probably be more into them. Love the animations and artwork in some. Pixar always blows me away.
Course the rare 3D movie on NG is neat too. Most poeple go "OH! 3D! Must vote 5!!!". but whatever.
Supi I think is for sure amoung the top 3 NG 3D artists/animators. MindChambers in there too but, that's to be expected. :P

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 05:59:25

At 10/22/07 07:52 PM, DarkMana wrote:
At 10/22/07 06:15 PM, Depredation wrote:
At 10/22/07 06:00 PM, Paranoia wrote: Index, I think :P
I could swear i've heard them called indicies :S. I'll cross off another smart point :(.
Index is singular, indices is plural. Honestly, I've made the same mistake. :P

Yeah, the same applies for helix and helices, and matrix and matrices. I only really know them from Biology last year. Plurals are fun :)

RE: 3D animation

This topic crops up every week or so. Basically:

Films made with a desire to create something and true inspiration = Good
Films made to make a shitload of cash = Bad

It's the same for the Flash scene, and as far as movies go 3D films with big names doing voice acting just happen to be the latest moneymaking bandwagon. That isn't to say that there aren't a few truly inspired 3D films, but the market is saturated by producers trying to get as many people buying tickets as possible before 3D becomes old.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 06:20:46

At 10/23/07 05:42 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: I also really miss when the characters could just break out into song, and it wouldn't seem weird.

It's cool when they do that in TV shows :P

Eg

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 06:21:35

At 10/23/07 06:20 AM, Paranoia wrote: It's cool when they do that in TV shows :P

Eg

That show was awesome.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 08:20:49

At 10/22/07 09:16 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
3D can be nice if used in the right style, it's just when companies are pumping out generic talking animal movies because they're cheap and easy to produce and turn up big profits that it gets sickening.

Funny thing is while I'm getting sick of 3D movies like everyone else, I doubt people are getting too sick of 3D video games. While a good 2D game can be amazing if done right, a 3D game actually changes the gameplay up and offers more options for gameplay. In an animation however, the same effect could be pulled off in 2D as in 3D, with a few exceptions where the 3D style fits perfectly with the mood the movie is trying to portray.

Yeah i share this opinion too. 3D does open up alot of new options for movies too though. It adds volume to character and environment and it allows the artist to make the models and environment once and then, think about direction/light/camera etc. It's a very interesting way of creating a movie, with potential that goes far beyond simple pixar comedy. (Even though i must admit i really can enjoy a movie like that once in a while).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 09:04:17

At 10/23/07 08:20 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote:
Funny thing is while I'm getting sick of 3D movies like everyone else, I doubt people are getting too sick of 3D video games.

Totally different :P 2D characters in films can still move through three dimensions, whereas with video games that becomes much harder.

Also, I think someone mentioned before how awesome an ultra-violent 3D animated film would be. I reckon we petition Pixar to let Tarantino direct their next film or something :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 09:24:38

At 10/23/07 05:42 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: Disney shouldn't have put traditional animation to one side. I'm sure both 3d and 2d can both work together.

Yes. It worked so well with Titan AE and Treasure Planet, didn't it?

Personally I like 3d meshing with 2d. But so far, the execution has always ended up sub par somehow.

And while we still have plenty of 2d cartoons being pushed out (with the two better ones being Billy & Mandy and Metalocalypse, which both rely on 'limited animation', or what everyone here calls 'tweening') - the law of economics state that a quickly made 3d cartoon is EASIER to make than a quickly made 2d one - one model, and then all you need to do is animate it. And with all the supportive technologies available for 3d (such as, say, mocap, or physics engines), 3d is, dollar by dollar, tremendously more profitable than 2d.

3d is here to stay because 2d takes too much effort for too little reward. Mind you, so is overt political correctness in cartoons. And we all know how sucky, obvious or demeaning THAT can be at times...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 10:20:22

I think that 2d and 3d is still an akward mix... it always annoyed me whn futurama does it... i think the only piece where i felt like it worked well was in the gorillaz mosic videos.. i think that it doesnt feel as jarring and foreign.. i dunno

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 10:28:45

At 10/23/07 10:11 AM, Luis wrote: Titan AE worked because Don Bluth is one of my favorite animators of all timeeeee....

had to share that sorry.

Also.... butts.

When I found out that the guy who did 'The Secret of NIMH' AND the creator of Firefly worked on Titan AE, I was horrified because that movie sucked horribly.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 10:34:20

At 10/23/07 10:28 AM, MutedD wrote:
When I found out that the guy who did 'The Secret of NIMH' AND the creator of Firefly worked on Titan AE, I was horrified because that movie sucked horribly.

True.. well i think that movie was just too ambitious .. performed horribly in the box office and such. yea i just am a hypocrit cause im hardcore supportive

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 10:46:22

/meaningless post/
mrfinland is now a proud owner of a mullet. (WHOS NEXT!?) ^^
/meaningless post/

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 11:29:22

At 10/23/07 10:28 AM, MutedD wrote: When I found out that the guy who did 'The Secret of NIMH' AND the creator of Firefly worked on Titan AE, I was horrified because that movie sucked horribly.

Whedon also did Alien 4. Bluth was responsible for one of the least interactive video games of all time. (Press the button NOW or be eaten by a dragon! Repeat for the next seventy rooms...)
No person has a clean history. We just try to remember them for the important / good stuff and vow never to make thier mistakes.

Shiny.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 13:22:32

At 10/23/07 10:46 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: /meaningless post/
mrfinland is now a proud owner of a mullet. (WHOS NEXT!?) ^^
/meaningless post/

Didn't Luis make some post saying he was going to ban anyone talking about mullets?

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 13:47:32

At 10/23/07 01:22 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Didn't Luis make some post saying he was going to ban anyone talking about mullets?

You're still alive?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 14:22:58

At 10/23/07 01:22 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Didn't Luis make some post saying he was going to ban anyone talking about mullets?

I thought that word was overused and done already.... *trying not to say it..*

ewh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-10-23 16:48:49

i personally am sick of the generic cg movies that are coming out. i mean why do they all reek of the same formulaic and boring unsurprising smell? the only company remotely doing something different is pixar. id be interested in seeing some anime-cg movie hybrid. more advent children i say. also am i qualified to post in this lounge?