00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bunjoe09 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dream Theater Crew

101,184 Views | 1,520 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-16 08:24:44

At 11/15/07 04:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Better watch your mouth >:(

You better watch YOUR mouth. >:(

I would have thought Jasmine sucks. Aladdin enjoys.

I meant the movie sucks, same for about 95% of all the other Disney movies (including sequels).

God damn them!

Damn them even more for once selling 6DOIT for over £25!

Rap you say?

Yesss.

At 11/15/07 05:04 PM, Nev wrote: Aladdin owns.

ALADDIN SUCKS!!

The lyrics were poor. But the instrumentation was good... very good.

Good, yes, but I also felt the album was missing something. :(

And FII isn't bad, its just not that good.

It's OK, but I find some of the songs bland.

There is a shop in Glasgow, don't know if its anywhere else, called Fopp, and its really good.

I heard they're related to MusicZone.

They do lots of Megadeth too :).

Meh, I already have all the Megadeth albums that I wanted.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-16 09:27:12

At 11/16/07 08:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: ALADDIN SUCKS!!

Aladdin is brilliant.
As are a lot of Disney films.
You've even confessed to me that you liked them when you were younger, so to hate them now is just lame. Like you're trying to be something you're not :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-16 12:01:44

So anybody been listening to anything new?
I've recently bought Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet. They sound a lot more psychedelic than progressive.

What about you guys?

/nonDTrelated

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-16 15:23:25

At 11/16/07 08:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: You better watch YOUR mouth. >:(

You better watch YOUR mouth!! >:(

This can go on all day.
Good, yes, but I also felt the album was missing something. :(

ToT is one of, if not the best DT albulm ever!

At 11/16/07 12:01 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: So anybody been listening to anything new?

Not really. Been listening to abit of ill niño, but nothing new.

So, does anyone know who the Victoria mentioned in SFaM a few times is?

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-16 23:36:51

At 11/16/07 03:23 PM, Life-Stream wrote: ToT is one of, if not the best DT albulm ever!

You're bias :P.

So, does anyone know who the Victoria mentioned in SFaM a few times is?

Some stupid character that is apparently a man in a future life, and who is also alledgely 'Metropolis' or something.
Which is silly, cause the Metropolis would be better without that... also The Miracle and the Sleeper being some kind of senator is also gay.
Takes away all the cool fantasy thing and turns it into some politcal homosexuality.
Of course, I am a bit drunk at the time of typing this :P.

Although I don't agree with Bahamut's view that the concept is stupid... its not, its alright... but the characters are stupid, and if they were ambiguous, it'd be better.
But its never going to be as stupid as Dream Theater trying to write about diseases which they make all sympathetic, but which aren't all that bad.
Reading Mark Haddon's 'The Curious Incident' is a much better portrayal of a mental disease, as opposed to this sympathic bullshit view.

I'll shut up :).

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 09:56:21

At 11/16/07 11:36 PM, Nev wrote: Some stupid character that is apparently a man in a future life, and who is also alledgely 'Metropolis' or something.
Which is silly, cause the Metropolis would be better without that... also The Miracle and the Sleeper being some kind of senator is also gay.
Of course, I am a bit drunk at the time of typing this :P.

Um.....sounds complicated but okay.....

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 10:02:45

At 11/16/07 09:27 AM, Nev wrote: Aladdin is brilliant.
As are a lot of Disney films.

Then you must be really gay to say that. Disney really suck ass.

At 11/16/07 12:01 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: So anybody been listening to anything new?

The only band I recently discovered is Savatage.

At 11/16/07 03:23 PM, Life-Stream wrote: You better watch YOUR mouth!! >:(

YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!! >:(

ToT is one of, if not the best DT albulm ever!

I don't think it is.

At 11/16/07 11:36 PM, Nev wrote: Some stupid character that is apparently a man in a future life, and who is also alledgely 'Metropolis' or something.

Even if you were drunk, I agree with this. XD

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 11:45:21

O_o yay more Dream Theater fans and fans of Progressive Metal people! I shall join.

I believe taht some of their best stuff happened in their older album, Awake. That was before James Labries had the food poisoning and had his vocal choards raped. But I like their newer albums also. Like Octavarium and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence and Train of Thought.

But I was kinda disappointed with their newer releasem, Systematic Chaos... yeah it sounded good but it seems to be missing something that nearly every Dream Theater album had... I dunno.. kinda lost their passion? Their new album sounded good but a bit dry... I like Octavrium because its very well mixed and you can hear all of the sound scapes created by the masters of their own instruments, Petrucci, Myuing, Portnoy, Rudess and LaBrie.
yeah

-faceofdoomness

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 12:42:16

How can a person be a metropolis?

At 11/17/07 10:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!! >:(

Give me a mirror, i can´t see my own mouth.

I don't think it is.

It IS!

At 11/17/07 11:45 AM, faceofdoomness wrote: O_o yay more Dream Theater fans and fans of Progressive Metal people! I shall join.

Welcome aboard. Good to see more DT fans here on NG.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 15:12:20

At 11/17/07 11:45 AM, faceofdoomness wrote: O_o yay more Dream Theater fans and fans of Progressive Metal people! I shall join.

Welcome aboard, sir!

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 15:18:53

At 11/17/07 10:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: Even if you were drunk, I agree with this. XD

I don't remember why I was having a go at Metropolis.
But that view is mine :P.
Its silly... a fantasy based narrative would've been so much better.

At 11/17/07 11:45 AM, faceofdoomness wrote: But I was kinda disappointed with their newer releasem, Systematic Chaos...

Welcome.
I thought SC was a brilliant album. One of their best.

At 11/17/07 12:42 PM, Life-Stream wrote: How can a person be a metropolis?

Cause Metropolis isn't a metropolis.
'Metropolis watches and thoughtfully smiles...'

It's a person... a city cannot watch and smile... and lead to to their home.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 15:21:39

At 11/17/07 10:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then you must be really gay to say that. Disney really suck ass.

You used to like Disney :P.
There is no reason why you still can't, unless you're embarrassed to like it :P.
It has a wonderful nostalgia about it, and the films are still good pieces of animation.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-17 22:18:55

At 11/17/07 11:45 AM, faceofdoomness wrote: But I was kinda disappointed with their newer releasem, Systematic Chaos...
Welcome.
I thought SC was a brilliant album. One of their best.

yeah. it sounded good but I think (in my opinion) the way the tracks were mixed made the songs sound a bit more dry... like in some parts I can't even hear John Myung's awesome bassing... I dunno.

Should probably take another good listen to it before going to sleep.

But who else here agrees that Ocatavarium is one of their best albums? Its definetly one of mine.. probably because that's the 1st album I listened to.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 05:43:40

At 11/17/07 03:21 PM, Nev wrote: You used to like Disney :P.
There is no reason why you still can't, unless you're embarrassed to like it :P.
It has a wonderful nostalgia about it, and the films are still good pieces of animation.

He´s getting older. It´s not ´cool´ to like Disney when you´re older than 15.
I wouldn´t say i really like Disney, but i know their animations are great and respect that and what they have done for animation. I like some of their new stuff though.

At 11/17/07 10:18 PM, faceofdoomness wrote: Should probably take another good listen to it before going to sleep.

Do listen to it a few times more, because when i first listened to it i wasn´t that pleased either, but i listened to it a few times more and now, like Nev, i think it´s one of their better albulms. Especially liked In the Presence of enemies part 1&2 played back to back.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 05:45:35

At 11/17/07 10:18 PM, faceofdoomness wrote: But who else here agrees that Ocatavarium is one of their best albums? Its definetly one of mine.. probably because that's the 1st album I listened to.

Octavarium is indeed one of DT's greater albums, but probably not the best. IMO, anyways.
The album has very likable songs, but none I would really like to listen to more than a few times over.

The song, Octavarium, however, is one of their best songs ever created. Right up next to A Change of Seasons and Stream of Consciousness and a few others.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 05:46:53

At 11/17/07 03:18 PM, Nev wrote: Cause Metropolis isn't a metropolis.
'Metropolis watches and thoughtfully smiles...'

Metaphor, anybody?

Sorry for DP.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 07:30:59

At 11/18/07 05:46 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: Metaphor, anybody?

It's not a metaphor.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 10:38:54

Welcome! :D

At 11/17/07 12:42 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Give me a mirror, i can´t see my own mouth.

I can't see mine either.

It IS!

It's a good album, but it's missing something.

At 11/17/07 03:18 PM, Nev wrote: Its silly... a fantasy based narrative would've been so much better.

I couldn't agree more.

At 11/17/07 03:21 PM, Nev wrote: There is no reason why you still can't, unless you're embarrassed to like it :P.

I'd rather listen to My Chemical Romance than listening to gay Disney songs.

The only Disney movies I like now are Toy Story and Pirates of the Caribbean. The only Disney nostalgia I have is for Toy Story since I really loved that movie about 10 years ago and it doesn't have any Disney singalong bullshit.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 11:14:47

At 11/18/07 10:38 AM, Bahamut wrote: The only Disney movies I like now are Toy Story and Pirates of the Caribbean. The only Disney nostalgia I have is for Toy Story since I really loved that movie about 10 years ago and it doesn't have any Disney singalong bullshit.

Toy Story has far more singalong stuff that most Disney films.

You're just a homophobe. I'm totally certain of this.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 11:35:17

>:[

whoa we're getting off topic... but whatver.. I'm not like a moderator or anything so...

but yeah I'm a fan of Disney... they're onlder stuff not their newer ones... i don't like how they suddenly decided to focus on to Computer Generated Imagery. They're hand drawn cel animation related stuff were amazing in terms of animation. I don't like the direction Disney is going right now.

At 11/18/07 05:45 AM, Dark-Phire wrote:
At 11/17/07 10:18 PM, faceofdoomness wrote: But who else here agrees that Ocatavarium is one of their best albums? Its definetly one of mine.. probably because that's the 1st album I listened to.
Octavarium is indeed one of DT's greater albums, but probably not the best. IMO, anyways.
The album has very likable songs, but none I would really like to listen to more than a few times over.

The song, Octavarium, however, is one of their best songs ever created. Right up next to A Change of Seasons and Stream of Consciousness and a few others.

Theres a video of Jordan Rudess messing around ith his Continuum during the intro to Octavarium and his facial expressions still make me laugh to this day. Like he improvises a whole lot and just messes around with it for the entire "Shine-On-You-Crazy-Diamond-esque" keyboard intro.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 11:38:59

Dream theatre make no good music, they are rubbish

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 11:41:37

At 11/18/07 11:38 AM, Saint-Jesus wrote: Dream theatre make no good music, they are rubbish

Its true :)... they are.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 11:45:35

At 11/18/07 11:14 AM, Nev wrote: Toy Story has far more singalong stuff that most Disney films.

OK, you've got to be joking there.

You're just a homophobe. I'm totally certain of this.

Of course.

At 11/18/07 11:38 AM, Saint-Jesus wrote: Dream theatre make no good music, they are rubbish

I agree. Dream Theatre sucks!

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-18 11:49:29

At 11/18/07 11:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: OK, you've got to be joking there.

No. Toy Story is full of boy friendly songs.
Films like Lion King, Aladdin are only singable by gays and girls.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-19 00:12:27

At 11/18/07 05:45 AM, Dark-Phire wrote:
Theres a video of Jordan Rudess messing around ith his Continuum during the intro to Octavarium and his facial expressions still make me laugh to this day.

Indeed, they're quite humorous.

At 11/18/07 11:49 AM, Nev wrote: Films like Lion King, Aladdin are only singable by gays and girls.

So is this a Disney Club, now?

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-19 08:40:45

At 11/19/07 12:12 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: So is this a Disney Club, now?

Yes.
Do you have a problem with that?

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-19 10:04:10

At 11/19/07 08:40 AM, Nev wrote: Do you have a problem with that?

Not at all, sir.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-19 10:50:44

At 11/18/07 11:49 AM, Nev wrote: No. Toy Story is full of boy friendly songs.

I can't recall any singalong songs sung by the characters.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

At 11/19/07 12:12 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: So is this a Disney Club, now?

Actually, it's a Disney Theater Club. :P Speaking of Disney theaters, there was one at the hotel I was staying in Cuba back in July and it was a fucking nightmare to see and hear it.

At 11/19/07 10:04 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: Not at all, sir.

YOU like Disney too?!

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-19 11:16:50

At 11/19/07 10:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: I can't recall any singalong songs sung by the characters.

"You got a friend in me.... you got a friend in me... some other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am... big and stronger too... but somethingsomething will ever love you the way I do... its me and you boy...'

Theres one...

'NO! It can't be true! I can fly if I wanna do! Etc, etc'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yet they're still good.
The scene with Jasmine being Jaffar's prisoner is well sexy! Its verging on hardcore... the way he spits his semen on her tits.

Actually, it's a Disney Theater Club. :P Speaking of Disney theaters, there was one at the hotel I was staying in Cuba back in July and it was a fucking nightmare to see and hear it.

Disney Theater is fucking great :D.
DT should make an album called that and just cover Disney songs on it.

Oh, and I listened to a bit of Live Scenes... and its not that good. I think its the worst live album I've heard from them (cept maybe Score, but this seems worse).
The set list is brilliant and most of it is really good, but there are little bits that make me want to turn it off. I.e., John and Jordan's improvs which sound too quiet and don't fit, yet are too noticable. And Mike's backing vocals, which are truely horrendous.
James' vocals are pretty bad too (overall that is as well).
And the guy who plays the hyponotist is a nonce.

The way most fans herald this as their finest live album is shocking. Budokan and Marquee are so much better.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-11-19 15:52:21

At 11/19/07 11:16 AM, Nev wrote: The scene with Jasmine being Jaffar's prisoner is well sexy! Its verging on hardcore... the way he spits his semen on her tits.

I think you need to stop watching Disney Nev. o_o

John and Jordan's improvs which sound too quiet and don't fit, yet are too noticable. And Mike's backing vocals, which are truely horrendous.

I hate when the music isn´t set up right and there´s an instrument too quiet or too loud, it really ruins it overall.